Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 9, 2020 12:25

DandelionPowderman
jlowe
bye bye johnny
treaclefingers
Just to get it straight, no actual announcement on this yet, just Mick mentioning it in an interview?

Yes.

[iorr.org]

So....18 pages and counting, based on one remark.
I canna believe it!

If we shouldn't believe it when it comes straight from the horse's mouth, what should we believe?

We should believe it when it happens. Not before. Mick has made all sorts of announcements in the past, which have then not materialised. Bit like Party Political Manifestos!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 12:26 by jlowe.

Date: March 9, 2020 12:28

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
bye bye johnny
treaclefingers
Just to get it straight, no actual announcement on this yet, just Mick mentioning it in an interview?

Yes.

[iorr.org]

I canna believe it!

If we shouldn't believe it when it comes straight from the horse's mouth, what should we believe?

We should believe it when it happens. Not before. Mick has made all sorts of announcements in the past, which have then not materialised. Bit like Party Political Manifestos!

When did Mick say they were going to release an album reissue with bonus tracks, which didn't materialise?

The closest we get is when David Fricke said they worked on a TY reissue, but that was different. This time Mick brought this up himself, so...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 9, 2020 12:32

Well the Rolling Stones company will always throw an album at us every year whether it be a live album, from the vault, reissue or deluxe version or compilation or whatever. So far there's no official announcement so I guess the GHS reissue might be in for 2020.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 9, 2020 13:05

NilsHolgersson
Well the Rolling Stones company will always throw an album at us every year whether it be a live album, from the vault, reissue or deluxe version or compilation or whatever. So far there's no official announcement so I guess the GHS reissue might be in for 2020.

Most probably yes. Like Mick said when SOME GIRLS was re-issued:

"We had this idea that we'd reinvigorate certain albums by finding other songs recorded in that time that would hold up. That sounded like a better idea than doing mindless compilations."

I think the 'mindless compilations' option was very well covered with HONK lately...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 13:06 by Doxa.

Date: March 9, 2020 13:15

NilsHolgersson

And Bridges To Buenos Aires came out in November.

Date: March 9, 2020 13:37

DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
bye bye johnny
treaclefingers

Yes.

[iorr.org]

I canna believe it!

When did Mick say they were going to release an album reissue with bonus tracks, which didn't materialise?

The closest we get is when David Fricke said they worked on a TY reissue, but
that was different. This time Mick brought this up himself, so...

I was meaning in the general sense, not reissues as such.
Group and solo projects: films, new records, concert venues etc. To be fair, it's often aspirational idea rather than concrete. But like many 'projects' happen....and others never see the light of day.
Most bands/musicians are no different of course.

Date: March 9, 2020 13:37

Doxa
NilsHolgersson

Most probably yes. Like Mick said when SOME GIRLS was re-issued:

"We had this idea that we'd reinvigorate certain albums by finding other songs recorded in that time that would hold up. That sounded like a better idea than doing mindless compilations."

I think the 'mindless compilations' option was very well covered with HONK lately...grinning smiley

- Doxa

I love the new Some Girls disc.. with mostly new vocals, I see it almost as a new country styled album

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 9, 2020 13:42

thumbs up

definite country leaning.....love it.

Date: March 9, 2020 13:54

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
bye bye johnny
treaclefingers

Yes.

[iorr.org]

I canna believe it!

Group and solo projects: films, new records, concert venues etc. To be fair, it's often aspirational idea rather than concrete. But like many 'projects' happen....and others never see the light of day.

My memory isn't what it used to be, probably. Do you have any examples of albums, films etc. he announced that didn't materialise?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 9, 2020 15:41

Criss Cross almost made the album if I remember correctly. Together with Waiting On A Friend, Through The Lonely Nights and Tops this track is probably the only releaseable (former) GHS outtake out of the ones we know. Fast Talking Slow Walking is pretty good, but had to be "finished". The rest is probably not releaseable. But the question is if Hide Your Love was releaseable then.
And maybe there are more reasonable recordings in the archives (who knew about Sophia Loren or All Down The Line - electric demo in 2008, for instance?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 16:09 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 9, 2020 15:42

DandelionPowderman

My memory isn't what it used to be, probably. Do you have any examples of albums, films etc. he announced that didn't materialise?

The Southern part of the TOTA'75!!
In a way it's a good thing it didn't happen as it would have put Sessler out of business with the band... (yes it's a subtle joke).

Date: March 9, 2020 15:45

dcba
DandelionPowderman

The Southern part of the TOTA'75!!
In a way it's a good thing it didn't happen as it would have put Sessler out of business with the band... (yes it's a subtle joke).

That's 45 years ago! smiling smiley

Date: March 9, 2020 15:53

There's a film called 45 Years and it shows that something that happened that long ago can still lead to bitterness and distrust

Date: March 9, 2020 16:12

NilsHolgersson
There's a film called 45 Years and it shows that something that happened that long ago can still lead to bitterness and distrust

Obviously...

Date: March 9, 2020 16:47

DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
bye bye johnny
treaclefingers

Yes.

[iorr.org]

I canna believe it!

Here goes, from the Time is on my side website:
Mick: ' I have just made arrangements for the new Stones to appear at the Colosseum in Rome....etc' (June 1969).
We know of course it never happened, likewise a planned gig in North Africa.
Of course, Mick was making these announcements without having thought through all the practical implications.
On the film front, films about Robert Johnson, Sam Phillips, one called Ruby Tuesday...but this is par for the course in the film world.
Mick of course also recorded his Blues album which didn't get released....again nothing new in that sense.

Date: March 9, 2020 16:53

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
bye bye johnny
treaclefingers

Yes.

[iorr.org]

I canna believe it!

Mick: ' I have just made arrangements for the new Stones to appear at the Colosseum in Rome....etc' (June 1969).
Of course, Mick was making these announcements without having thought through all the practical implications.
On the film front, films about Robert Johnson, Sam Phillips, one called Ruby Tuesday...but this is par for the course in the film world.
Mick of course also recorded his Blues album which didn't get released....again nothing new in that sense.

Thanks. Wasn't the blues album something Rubin put together for Mick to get inspired, though? I don't know if it was ever planned for release. More like a live performance in the studio.

However, the way Mick communicates nowadays is different. He would rarely say much about something that's not well-planned or worked out (as opposed to 45 or 50 years ago).

The latter is the reason I asked why you didn't find his info trustworthy.

But what do I know? He might be bullshitting us smiling smiley

Date: March 9, 2020 16:59

DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
bye bye johnny
treaclefingers

Yes.

[iorr.org]

I canna believe it!

Thanks. Wasn't the blues album something Rubin put together for Mick to get inspired, though? I don't know if it was ever planned for release. More like a live performance in the studio.

However, the way Mick communicates nowadays is different. He would rarely say much about something that's not well-planned or worked out (as opposed to 45 or 50 years ago).

The latter is the reason I asked why you didn't find his info trustworthy.

But what do I know? He might be bullshitting us smiling smiley

I think we would probably all agree that Mick is more reliable than either Ronnie or Keith when it comes to statements to the media.
Maybe they should follow Charlie's example: Say nothin' !

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 21:13

DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
jlowe
bye bye johnny
treaclefingers

Yes.

[iorr.org]

I canna believe it!

Maybe not announced but....'Memory Hotel'.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 11, 2020 17:54

GHS "tarted up boxed set coming soon" - message from Bernard Doherty to me on FB earlier today...

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 11, 2020 18:10

johnnythunders
GHS "tarted up boxed set coming soon" - message from Bernard Doherty to me on FB earlier today...

"Tarted up" -that doesn't sound only positive. Can you elaborate what he means?

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 11, 2020 18:27

That is all he would say on the subject

Profile of BD

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 11, 2020 18:36

johnnythunders
That is all he would say on the subject

Profile of BD

[en.wikipedia.org]

Ok, thanks! We'll just have to wait and see. At least it sounds promising when it comes to a release datethumbs up
Crossing my fingers for great outtaces and excellent live performances. This album have the potential to be their best reissue ever!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 19:13 by S.T.P.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 21:37

johnnythunders

Tarted Up:

"To dress someone up or make something fancy in a tawdry, garish way."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:08

johnnythunders
GHS "tarted up boxed set coming soon" - message from Bernard Doherty

Blimey! How many discs jagger will come up with? WOuld that mean a cd of outtakes and a live Euro'73 CD?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:44

... or just the basic album in a goat shaped box, yours for only $180?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 12, 2020 00:28

peoplewitheyes
... or just the basic album in a goat shaped box, yours for only $180?

Is the soup included?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 12, 2020 00:37

no, but the poop is

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:39

jlowe
I canna believe it!

You ain't seen nothin' yet. Go check out the New Album thread ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 12, 2020 07:17

dcba
johnnythunders
GHS "tarted up boxed set coming soon" - message from Bernard Doherty

Blimey! How many discs jagger will come up with? WOuld that mean a cd of outtakes and a live Euro'73 CD?

Let me guess, 2 discs, a picture-book, new pressing of the Angie 7", and some kind of toy . stickers or a little goat. 180 dollars as peoplewitheyes wrote; sounds about right.

I really just want the music. I liked collectors items for a brief while, 20-25 years ago, when there weren't many of them. But now.....I do not care at all about such music-tourist-traps. Wish they could release something to-the-point CD/LP-box, like Dylan, Neil Young, Springsteen and lots of other artists does. Even Elvis Presley.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 12, 2020 07:21

The albums will be goat skin.....
Cant play 'em but they'll look good …

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home