Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:30

Rocky Dijon
LiveAtHidepark
But Scarlet wasn't a "Goats Head Soup" outtake.

Right. Have a look at the Deluxe Editions of EXILE and SOME GIRLS to see how they handle that issue.

There was an unconfirmed rumor (which could just be speculation) that "Scarlet" evolved into "Following the River." If that's the case, they certainly didn't use the version with Jimmy Page as the backing track to build upon. Allegedly (again, not verified) some of "Following the River" (whether it was ever related to "Scarlet" or not) has Matt Clifford on piano.

From about five years ago, there was (as always, unconfirmed) a list of six previously unreleased tracks earmarked for GOATS HEAD SOUP Deluxe and "Scarlet" was one of them so who knows.

Do you recall which other songs were on the list?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:35

Again, put it down to speculation only unless mpj200 or Soldatti confirm.

The list was: All the Rage, Save Me, Scarlet, Fragile, Tropical Disease, Separate Ways.

If this is credible, there are either more outtakes or some alternate versions because there will be at least ten tracks on the Rarities disc.

I would imagine THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR with its otherwise difficult to market cover art will be one of two additional discs in the deluxe version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 21:37 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: February 6, 2020 21:43

You don't think they will include a show we don't have to pull more Deluxe-buyers, Bill?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:45

Empire pool.... New castle ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 21:46 by mariano.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:47

Exciting news........smileys with beer

Date: February 6, 2020 21:55

DandelionPowderman
You don't think they will include a show we don't have to pull more Deluxe-buyers, Bill?

Just guessing, but with the previous pattern of reissue disc + rarities disc for standard release and those plus two other discs for deluxe edition, I would imagine THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR plus another disc of live material from Europe 1973 (the UK shows, likely given their quality).

Thing is, I don't know if the outtakes mentioned (the ones that aren't common titles) are real or not. I could guess what songs we've heard they could be, but I'd just be guessing.

It would be wonderful if there was a DVD from Europe 1973, but I doubt it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 21:56 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 22:24

Sadly looks as if this reissue maybe the only opportunity we get for home gigs this year, albeit home gigs from 47 years ago!

Looking forward to this release

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 6, 2020 23:19

mariano

Yes!! Will this be out for the tour? They should play 100 Years..smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 6, 2020 23:44

S.T.P
ironbelly
...This one is the easiest choice because they do not need to do extra work...

Do you really think the Stones them self are involved with this project?

If it's about a disc of outtakes they will possibly be involved to roughly the same degree they were involved in the Exile and Some Girls reissues.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:04

Maindefender
mariano

Yes!! Will this be out for the tour? They should play 100 Years..smiling bouncing smiley

Or, hopefully, Keith finally does Coming Down Again.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 01:30

DrPete
What about SCARLET? This has intrigued me for years

Me too...but didn’t Don Was mention coming across it when they were compiling the Exile reissue?

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: February 7, 2020 02:14

Don Was said of "Scarlet" when they were working on EXILE DELUXE, "It was a hit then, it's a hit now" leading people to believe it would be on the album. Maybe it was, maybe it will be on GOATS HEAD SOUP. We'll see this year with any luck.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 02:22

I'm not going to lie, I am absolutely excited beyond measure for this GHS reissue. It's such a wonderful underrated album and it looks like the Stones themselves feel the same way and that makes me really happy. I can't wait to see what they dig up from the archives. I'd assume "Criss Cross" will be included as a bonus track. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 04:35

the way jagger worded it it seems the new album and the goats head soup re issue are 2 separate projects.

hopefully thats the case but if we do get a new album i cant see the GHS re issue being anything more than what is already there. hope im wrong.

be great to get a new album, a GHS re issue along the lines of exile or some girls re issue using outtakes and also a tour, and maybe another concert vaults thrown in.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2020 04:47

Hope it comes will
a can of goat's head soup …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:00

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:15

...mmmmmmm ya got slurpin' round n round …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:25

A friend of mine made some faux Goats Head Soup labels a long time ago similar to the image above -almost identical except they have the Campbells logo.
Wrapped around a soup can,they make good conversation pieces. He also made a Cream of Pistachio Campbells soup label - not sure the reason why other than it's weird, but also makes a good conversation piece.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:36

Rocky Dijon

The list was: All the Rage, Save Me, Scarlet, Fragile, Tropical Disease, Separate Ways.

If this is credible, there are either more outtakes or some alternate versions because there will be at least ten tracks on the Rarities disc.

I would imagine THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR with its otherwise difficult to market cover art will be one of two additional discs in the deluxe version.

This gives me hope for a TATTOO YOU deluxe reissue.

This is strictly based on what I've found - some of it could be/probably is wrong but whatever:

Aside from what was released in 1981 of what Kimsey dug up for TY, that potentially leaves, loosely,

14 tracks from 1972

6 tracks from 1975

35 tracks from 1977

and

10 tracks from 1979

That excludes tracks recorded for GHS but released on IORR as well as a B-side and one track on a Japanese sountrack; recorded for BAB but released on TY; recorded for SG but released on ER and TY and, of course, recorded for ER but released on TY as well as a B-side in 1983.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:40

GasLightStreet
Rocky Dijon

This is strictly based on what I've found - some of it could be/probably is wrong but whatever:

Aside from what was released in 1981 of what Kimsey dug up for TY, that potentially leaves, loosely,

14 tracks from 1972

6 tracks from 1975

35 tracks from 1977

and

10 tracks from 1979

That excludes tracks recorded for GHS but released on IORR as well as a B-side and one track on a Japanese sountrack; recorded for BAB but released on TY; recorded for SG but released on ER and TY and, of course, recorded for ER but released on TY as well as a B-side in 1983.

TATTOO YOU TOO!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 15:06

No that was iorr.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 7, 2020 15:07

What about It’s Only Rock n Roll and the R&B covers?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 7, 2020 15:10

JMARKO
Maindefender
mariano

Or, hopefully, Keith finally does Coming Down Again.

Damn right!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 7, 2020 15:12

After the weird selection of songs for the Exile bonus disc, I wouldn't get my hope too high.

Date: February 7, 2020 15:24

TravelinMan

One ended up on IORR: Ain't Too Proud To Beg.

They did Drift Away. Maybe they tried out Just My Imagination by then already?

It would be interesting to see the list of covers they were working on indeed.

And, yes, release them by all means smiling smiley

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: February 7, 2020 16:43

GasLightStreet
Rocky Dijon

14 tracks from 1972

6 tracks from 1975

35 tracks from 1977

and

10 tracks from 1979

It is also possible they could add a live show from 1981-82 when they were promoting the Tattoo You album.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 18:33

Iwould like to hear a soundboard of Vienna 100 Years Ago

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 7, 2020 22:18

I'll wait until December 2021 for a Deluxe Tattoo You. I own it on vinyl and downloaded mp3s of it (yeah, I know...!), but this is the main thing I need in my CD collection. GHS will be cool too, but Tattoo You is the big one for me :-)

Date: February 7, 2020 22:41

boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Rocky Dijon

14 tracks from 1972

6 tracks from 1975

35 tracks from 1977

and

10 tracks from 1979

It is also possible they could add a live show from 1981-82 when they were promoting the Tattoo You album.

Not sure what they would release for a live show since the TATTOO YOU tour already has 3 live releases plus a movie. Maybe something more along the lines of NO SECURITY with songs that were hardly played on the tour.

Date: February 7, 2020 22:47

DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan

One ended up on IORR: Ain't Too Proud To Beg.

They did Drift Away. Maybe they tried out Just My Imagination by then already?

It would be interesting to see the list of covers they were working on indeed.

And, yes, release them by all means smiling smiley

Based on what appears to be available to see I find it difficult to believe that they were going to do one side of studio recording covers and one side of 1973 live tracks since the first sessions for IORR in 1973 were

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Black Limousine
Fingerprint File
If You Can't Rock Me
Slow Down And Stop

and the first 1974 sessions were 5 tracks that made IORR, one track that hasn't been released, and one cover, Drift Away.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home