Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 27, 2020 18:20

makustone
Foo Fighters just released that it reschedules all of its shows for June 2021. I hope the Stones will do the same soon and that fans who still have tickets can use them next year.

Of course the already bought tickets will be valid for the new dates.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 27, 2020 19:49

MadMax-I still have my tickets also. If the tour gets cancelled, then I get a refund, if it gets rescheduled for 2021 then I already have my ticket.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: April 27, 2020 21:14

I could get a refund of San Diego (seats), Dallas and Nashville but NOT the San Diego PIT... I don't even see the refund button, is it still normal????

Benjamin.

Date: April 27, 2020 22:38

Did you buy that San Diego pit in the presale? People have had that glitch with presale tickets. I'd just call up / online chat Ticketmaster.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 28, 2020 00:02

TumblinDice76
MadMax-I still have my tickets also. If the tour gets cancelled, then I get a refund, if it gets rescheduled for 2021 then I already have my ticket.

That's how I figure it too mate! I can't be arsed trying to score tickets again, I am lucky that I can always escape work and the missus for the boys! Bring it on! Oh how I would love 'em to smother it down to an arena tour in the autumn hehehe.. (One can Dream)smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-28 00:02 by MadMax.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 28, 2020 00:54

benstones
I could get a refund of San Diego (seats), Dallas and Nashville but NOT the San Diego PIT... I don't even see the refund button, is it still normal????

Yeah, as Topi said, seems to be a glitch with the presales. I got mine, San Diego pit, presale, after several tries and a few weeks. Keep trying, benstones. I never saw a refund button either.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 28, 2020 03:00

angee
benstones

Yeah, as Topi said, seems to be a glitch with the presales. I got mine, San Diego pit, presale, after several tries and a few weeks. Keep trying, benstones. I never saw a refund button either.

I bought tickets in many locations, so I don't remember if I bought them during the presale. I bought them (PIT San Diego) on February 12.

Thank you for your answers btw

Benjamin.

Date: April 28, 2020 03:00

I guess we just need to be patient, because they are obligated to refund the tickets.

Benjamin.

Date: April 28, 2020 04:50

I finally got a refund after a long wait for Louisville. Now I'm holding tickets for my 2 other shows and waiting it out. I heard MICK say he isnt sure about the crowd capacity anymore, will 40,000 people be reduced to 20,000? No one knows yet. They may be thinking of social distancing the crowd so if the capacity is cut in half, will the ticket prices double?

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 28, 2020 16:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-28 21:25 by tonyc.

Date: April 28, 2020 17:56

benstones
angee
benstones

I bought tickets in many locations, so I don't remember if I bought them during the presale. I bought them (PIT San Diego) on February 12.

Thank you for your answers btw

Wednesday, February 12 was indeed a presale; the general onsale date was that Friday, Feb 14. I suggest you reach out to TM's customer service.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-28 17:58 by Topi.

Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: April 29, 2020 00:09

I've got tix for St. Louis 9/27 and just can't bring myself to get a refund yet because I feel like I'm throwing in the towel. I'm hoping that things improve and maybe they will pick up the tour towards the end; like 2019 when they picked it up in Chicago. In that case, July 1 Charlotte may be most logical. BTW, my first Stones concert was Steel Wheels at Busch Stadium, so it's fitting if my last show might also be in St. Louis.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2020 01:00

Semi- OT - Finally received my last requested refund (for Roger Waters San Francisco), and that wraps up this chapter of the story. Now to deal with several other bands that have been either rescheduled or postponed without being rescheduled yet, and without any refund options. Anyhow, most of the big mess has been taken care of w/all of my Stones and Roger tix refunds which equates to a couple grand back in the accounts.

Meanwhile, waiting for the Stones and/or Roger Waters to reschedule and wondering when the tix will go on sale....lol. Not holding my breath, but if or when they do that might be a a good sign this crisis is at least somewhat behind us? Maybe each ticket will include an exclusive special breathing mask with artist logo...smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2020 01:42

Not really suggesting that it's likely, but wondering if and when shows come back, they might start by limiting audiences in an effort to enable some distancing.
No pit, all seats with several feet in between, except perhaps couples or small groups. Overall crowd size reduced? 100k open air stadiums filled to the rafters, but only 30k in attendance etc?
Plenty of dancing room wouldn't be a bad thing necessarily cool smiley

Mick, I believe mentioned in one of the interviews something about open air stadiums in this regard, so clearly he's already thinking of options. If and when we start to have large concerts again,
it would make me more comfortable than enclosed stadiums or arenas.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 29, 2020 02:23

^ No merch or booze stands. And after the show, everyone leaves in obedient single file, row by row, separated by 6 feet. Even on the public transport. It might work in Japan.

Date: April 29, 2020 02:36

BitchKeepsBitchin
I finally got a refund after a long wait for Louisville. Now I'm holding tickets for my 2 other shows and waiting it out. I heard MICK say he isnt sure about the crowd capacity anymore, will 40,000 people be reduced to 20,000? No one knows yet. They may be thinking of social distancing the crowd so if the capacity is cut in half, will the ticket prices double?

Of course it's all speculation, but if they go this route it's almost guaranteed prices will double, and that's if you're lucky.
Many tix will be ultra-expensive VIP, most will immediately become overpriced platinum just as they do now, and the scalpers will snatch up the rest.
Best bet would be Lucky Dips, but they might not even offer those any more, and if they do the numbers might be limited to half of what they are now.
Still hoping this BS Corona-crisis ends sooner rather than later, but realistically it could be well over a year before massive sized concerts take place.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 29, 2020 04:37

This is an email that the CEO of Ticketmaster sent staff regarding refunds:
Date: Monday, April 27, 2020 at 4:36 PM
Subject: Our Refund Policies
All,
As you know all too well by now, the global health crisis has had a big impact on the live entertainment business, leading to the cancellation or postponement of tens of thousands of events across the globe. The quick escalation and massive scale of this disruption has led to an incredible amount of confusion and misinformation about ticket refunds.
Today I want to outline Live Nation and Ticketmaster’s refund policies so you all understand what we are doing and why for your conversations with fans, partners, clients and friends.
First, Live Nation has already committed to leading the industry by providing the most comprehensive refund options to fans.
For context, Live Nation has had more than 8,000 concerts and festivals impacted since March, with 6,500 events postponed and 1,500 events cancelled. And to date, we’ve already refunded $80 million to fans.
In a normal environment, handling show changes is usually a fast process, but with the current scale of disruption there are many tours in a holding pattern amidst the uncertainty of when local event restrictions will be lifted, and scheduling backlogs as many venues wait for pro sports to set their new seasons before offering us new dates.
Recognizing this complexity, some countries have provided a one-year voucher program to allow event organizers to get refunds done right and ensure the long-term well-being of the music and sporting events they love to enjoy.
In the U.S. and Canada we rolled out a Ticket Refund Plan to give fans a variety of refund options:
For cancelled shows, ticket holders will automatically receive a refund, in line with our longtime policy.
We also rolled out a special promotion across our venues for fans who know they’ll be coming to shows in the future. Our amphitheaters, clubs and theaters will give fans the option to select a 150% credit for future shows as an alternative to a traditional refund. So if they spent $200 on tickets, they will receive $300 in credit. When they choose this option, Live Nation will donate tickets to healthcare workers to share the gift of live events with those working on the front line. We will donate one ticket for every ticket originally purchased.
For rescheduled shows, ticket holders will automatically have their tickets honored for the new date, unless they opt for a refund once new dates are announced. If new dates aren’t set within 60 days of a show being postponed, fans will be able to get a refund at that time.
Live Nation is only one of the many event organizers using Ticketmaster’s platform. Ticketmaster services countless other clients, and to date there are 50,000 events that have been cancelled, postponed or rescheduled globally on the TM Platform.
The volume of events being cancelled and postponed in the last month is larger than the last 10 years combined, and this staggering volume has contributed to an extremely complex operating environment that has upended our ordinary processes.
At the same time, we had to prioritize the health and safety of our global call center staff by transitioning to a work-from-home setup that did not exist before the crisis started. While these factors have slowed our typical response times, I want to assure you that our purchase policy has not changed.
Across all its event organizers Ticketmaster is issuing full refunds for all cancelled shows.
For postponed or rescheduled shows, we are issuing refunds for all clients that have approved of us doing so.
It is important to remind everyone that Ticketmaster is a platform, and does not hold on to money from client sales. In order to issue refunds, Ticketmaster must first get approval and funds from our clients. These event organizers of concerts, festivals, games or events set the policy on refunds, and Ticketmaster facilitates services accordingly.
60% of the over 50,000 events that have been cancelled, postponed and rescheduled globally on the TM Platform have been authorized for refunds - and we have already returned over $400 million to fans.
We are continuing to work with clients to expedite their refund approvals as quickly as possible. For reference, below is a breakout of current refund offerings for rescheduled events by category on the TM platform:
Sports
· MLB 66% of teams
· MLS 27% of teams
· NBA 70% of teams
· NHL 52% of teams
Concerts
· 100% of LN and AEG shows
· 56% all other shows
Arts
· 53% of venues are offering refunds
We expect these percentages to all approach 100% as the industry works through the current disruption in the coming weeks.
For postponed or rescheduled events offering refunds through TM, most fans have opted to keep their ticket, with only 3% requesting refunds.
Looking across the industry, Ticketmaster is working with our clients to offer fans the most flexible refund options available:
We hope this provides some clarity on what our team is doing to offer fans, artists, and clients the flexibility to navigate this crisis. From the promoters trying to negotiate a massive amount of new dates for shows, to the development team adding new functionality to the Ticketmaster platform to give fans more choices, to the call center staff who has worked tirelessly to respond to every single fan……I want to thank you for your dedication on getting us to this point.
It takes an entire ecosystem to bring live events to life, and we appreciate your dedication as we work through the details of shifting these shows around the world.
Thank you all for your efforts and your teamwork,
- Michael
[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 29, 2020 04:48

Received my final refund, for the Detroit show, last night... Now to continue being patient and hopeful for the rescheduled dates to come soon.

Interesting info from LN above... guess I'm one of the 3% and I've received 100% of my requested refunds in less than 30 days. Still looking for that option on a couple more shows that haven't been postponed/cancelled at this point.

Bummed that I should have been in SD next week, but it is what it is!

Date: April 29, 2020 05:01

So far the No Filter tour total attendance is 2,290,871 through 60 shows.
Total box office is $415.6 million. Thats an average attendance of 38,181 people per show, with an average ticket price of $181.42.

If they somehow were able to use stadiums or parks with capacities of 100k+, and cap them at the average attendance, theoretically it could reduce crowding by nearly two thirds, giving everyone a seat with two empty ones beside them. For those purchasing and willing/able to sit together (couples/families etc) that could also help reduce crowding.

Other options include reducing attendance, capping it at a little more than half at 20k and doubling the average ticket price but charging the same regardless of where your seat is.
Open air parks and stadiums could work along with other options the NFL has talked about (temps taken before entering, proof of recent virus test or one taken on site etc)

I could see something working, maybe not perfectly, but working.
Releasing people and getting them in without crowding would be very difficult, but perhaps not impossible with some planning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-29 05:04 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 30, 2020 04:36

Ticketmaster North America Furloughs a Quarter of Company’s Employees
[variety.com]

Posted by: nickdominguez ()
Date: May 1, 2020 00:36

spanishtonysanchez Instagram..

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: May 1, 2020 00:40

I got refunds for the tickets that I bought through Ticketmaster. I still have one ticket with StubHub. I was wondering has anyone been able to get a refund on Stones tickets through StubHub? (I am assuming that no one has been able to get a refund through StubHub.)

Date: May 1, 2020 06:57

Soooooooooooooo...there ought to be a separate Tickemaster thread maybe, but I suppose the following could be relevant for others who will eventually be seeking refunds for their Stones tix.

Last month, Madness at the Greek Theater scheduled for this May 24 was postponed, and then rescheduled to May 30, 2021 over a year from now. With no refund option, I was a bit irked but thought what the heck will want to see them anyways, but a year's wait was a bit annoying. Anyhow, long story short, just checked my through my various TM orders again and the refund option for Madness was indeed avaialable now which must have something to do with the new refund policy starting May 1st that had been posted in this thread earlier. Clicked on refund and voila...up to 30 days, etc. etc. Not sure if there was an option for a 150% credit as quickly went through the process for a refund, but I did save the all terms and conditions which mentions refunds, credits, etc., etc. (posted below) Still no refund option for my rescheduled ZZ Top tix, nor for postponed Supergrass ticket yet(and Steely Dan/Winwood hasn't been postponed yet), but it's not May 1st yet and am happy to get a refund for at least one of the remaining three with those other maybe becoming available soon. As with all these damn coronavirus refunds, this was bittersweet as I had a Pit ticket for Madness, but oh well...nice to be getting the money back to my account.

Here's the Terms and Conditions copied and pasted (haven't even read every detail of it all myself yet).

Article
Terms Regarding Certain Cancelled, Rescheduled and Postponed Events (COVID-19)

Published: April 29, 2020

Due to the impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic, the scheduling of events for which you have purchased tickets has been affected.

Ticketmaster is the agent to those who provide events, such as venues, teams, artist representatives, fan clubs, promoters and leagues (each, an “Event Provider”). To keep you informed, Ticketmaster has provided you with a separate, customized notification (the “Notification”) outlining the options the Event Provider is offering to account for the pandemic’s impact on the event for which you have previously purchased ticket(s) at Live Nation or Ticketmaster's sites and mobile applications, including but not limited to www.livenation.com, www.ticketsnow.com, www.ticketmaster.com, www.ticketmaster.ca and www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com (collectively, the "Site").

Your event has been either (a) cancelled or (b) postponed/rescheduled. As a result, the Event Provider has issued updated terms that apply to such cancelled, rescheduled or postponed event, including, in some cases, a new “Credit” offer (defined below).

Ticketmaster has set out the terms of these offerings by the Event Provider below. Of course, your original purchase, as well as the new “Credit” offer outlined herein (to the extent you accept it) continues to be/will be subject to our Terms of Use.
1. CANCELLED EVENTS

If the event for which you bought a ticket(s) was cancelled, as indicated on your Notification, you are entitled to a refund of the paid value subject to the exclusions as set forth herein, unless you want to accept a Credit offered by the Event Provider (as defined below).

The credit that you may accept in lieu of a refund will be provided as a promotional code which serves as a credit for the original price you paid for your ticket(s), including all taxes and service fees, plus any promotional bonus amount designated by the Event Provider in your Notification, all of which may be used to make future purchases on the site(s) designated in the Notification (collectively the “Credit”). The Credit is being provided by the Event Provider and not by Ticketmaster.

If you elect to accept a Credit, the Credit will be in the form of a promotional code good for ticket(s) to the event type(s) designated in the Notification. This may be the same event type as the original ticket (for example, if your original ticket was for an NBA game, your Credit may be good for another NBA game) at the same event venue, or, in some cases, your Notification or a follow up communication may state that you will be able to choose from events at one of a number of venues that the Event Provider designates. Credit may be redeemed using the promotional code at checkout after July 15th, 2020 and will expire on the date set forth in your Notification (or on another date as later communicated to you).

If you elect to accept a refund, we will automatically issue you a refund of the paid value subject to the exclusions as set forth herein to the credit card, debit card, gift card or other method of payment used to make your original purchase.

Any parking purchased along with your ticket(s) will be fully refunded to the credit card, debit card, gift card or other method payment used to make your original ticket(s) purchase, regardless of whether you choose a refund or Credit. All merchandise purchases are not subject to any of the options stated above: your transaction will be processed, and the merchandise will be delivered to you.

You may elect to accept the refund, or any Credit option set out in the Notification, during the period (the “Election Period”) set out in your Notification. If you do not make any election prior to the end of the Election Period, a refund will be automatically issued on the terms set out above.
2. RESCHEDULED/POSTPONED EVENTS

It is the Event Provider’s decision when to cancel an event (and apply the refund as outlined in section #1 above) and when to reschedule or postpone an event. If your Notification indicates that your event has been rescheduled or postponed, you will either: (a) keep your ticket and remain entitled to use it on the date of your rescheduled event; or (b) if your Event Provider has agreed and given you the option in your Notification, you will have a choice between the Credit or refund on the terms set out below. This Credit or refund, if elected, is provided solely by the Event Provider and not by Ticketmaster.

If you elect to accept a Credit, the Credit will be in the form of a promotional code good for ticket(s) to the event type(s) designated in the Notification. This may be the same event type as the original ticket (for example, if your original ticket was for an NBA game, your Credit may be good for another NBA game) at the same event venue, or, in some cases, your Notification or a follow up communication may state that you will be able to choose from events at one of a number of venues that the Event Provider designates. Credits may be redeemed using the promotional code at checkout after July 15th, 2020 and will expire on the date set forth in your Notification (or on another date as later communicated to you).

If you elect to accept a refund, we will automatically issue you a refund of the paid value subject to the exclusions as set forth herein to the credit card, debit card, gift card or other method of payment used to make your original purchase.

Any parking purchased along with your ticket(s) will be fully refunded to the credit card, debit card, gift card or other method payment used to make your original ticket(s) purchase, regardless of whether you choose a refund or Credit. All merchandise purchases are not subject to any of the options stated above: your transaction will be processed, and the merchandise will be delivered to you.

You may elect to accept any refund or Credit option set out in the Notification during the period (the “Election Period”) set out in your Notification. If you do not make any election prior to the end of the Election Period, or if the Event Provider does not provide you with such options, you will keep your ticket and remain entitled to use it on the date of your rescheduled event. If the Event Provider subsequently determines that your rescheduled or postponed event must be cancelled, you will receive a further Notification indicating your options (consistent with section 1 above).
3. GENERAL TERMS

Once you accept either a refund, a Credit, or fail to make an election within the Election Period and are provided a refund (or continue to hold your ticket for a rescheduled event, in the case of a rescheduled or postponed event), as set forth in these Terms, the matter will be deemed final and binding.

You agree that you will not attempt to evade, avoid, or circumvent any refund prohibitions in any manner with regard to the Credit or refund or ticket(s) you purchased. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you will not contact us to seek an additional refund, exchange, or credit of any kind, and you will not dispute or otherwise seek a "chargeback" from the company whose credit card you used to purchase tickets from the Site. Should you do so, your ticket(s) are subject to immediate cancellation, and we may, in our sole discretion, refuse to honor pending and future Credits, Concert Cash, and/or ticket purchases made from all credit card accounts or online accounts on which such chargebacks have been made, and may prohibit future purchases from all persons in whose name the credit card accounts exist and any person who accesses any associated online account or credit card or who otherwise breaches this provision from using the Site. Credits are non-transferable, may not be sold and are not redeemable for cash. Promotional code may not be combined with other promotions. Credits may not be applied to previously placed orders. Credits may not be redeemed to purchase tickets for the same event as the tickets in your original purchase for which you accepted the Credit.

If we issue you a refund, we will issue a refund of the ticket's face value paid (or, for a discounted ticket, then instead the discounted ticket price paid) and all taxes and service fees. Certain Event Providers may offer credit that exceeds the value of your ticket’s original purchase price, including fees, which may be used to purchase event tickets on our Site in accordance with these Terms. If a ticket was purchased through Fan-to-Fan, and the event was cancelled, and/or a refund is issued, we will issue a refund of the ticket price you paid through Fan-to-Fan and the service fee (if any) you paid. No service fees will be refunded for certain Major League Baseball purchases. For ticket insurance refunds, please contact the insurance provider. If you purchased tickets using Apple Pay, Google Wallet, or any other digital wallet, please contact our customer service team at 1(800)-653-8000. We will not be liable for travel or any other expenses that you or anyone else incurs in connection with a cancelled, rescheduled or postponed event.

In order to qualify for a Credit or refund, you must have purchased your tickets through the Site, and your tickets must not have been transferred, posted for sale or sold, or be currently pending a transfer. For transferred tickets, Credits and refunds are only available to the person who originally bought them. If you are the original purchaser, you will need to have the transferee transfer the tickets back to you before requesting a Credit or refund.

The amount of your refund will not include any of the following that were part of your original purchase: (i) UPS fees if your delivery option was UPS; (ii) the amounts paid for merchandise, which will be delivered to you; or (iii) Fan Club Membership fees.
4. QUESTIONS

If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding these Terms, please contact us at:

Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.
Attn: General Counsel
9348 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(800) 653-8000
_________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT - Just went back in to double check something in TM account, and ZZ Top Vegas tix are now available for refund! But damn...more bittersweetness...prime third row seats at the beautiful Venetian Theater...but we weren't going to be anywhere near Vegas for the rescheduled August date, and chances are it might have been rescheduled again...happy to get the money back....The coronavirus SUCKS in so many ways!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-01 07:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 1, 2020 07:46

OhYesMeAgain
I got refunds for the tickets that I bought through Ticketmaster. I still have one ticket with StubHub. I was wondering has anyone been able to get a refund on Stones tickets through StubHub? (I am assuming that no one has been able to get a refund through StubHub.)

Refunds from StubHub were never (pre-COVID-19) available for postponements, only cancellations. So far, we are just postponed. I have no faith in StubHub’s financial ability to refund if the concerts are eventually cancelled.

Date: May 1, 2020 08:07

JadedFaded
OhYesMeAgain

Refunds from StubHub were never (pre-COVID-19) available for postponements, only cancellations. So far, we are just postponed. I have no faith in StubHub’s financial ability to refund if the concerts are eventually cancelled.

I was hoping (just wishful thinking I guess)that if there was enough public outrage that StubHub would have to give refunds. But I guess that hasn't happened, and like you said who knows about SubHub's financial ability.

Date: May 1, 2020 18:17

Got both my Stones refund a few weeks back and yesterday my Roger Waters refund.
About 70% whole on the pending concert tixs funds.

Hope everyone else is have the same good fortune.

One of my Pink Floyd forum buddies got refunds for all of his Roger Waters shows...11 of them. Talk about a super fan!!!

Got to also give TM an earned shout out for honoring their plan to offer refunds starting May 1st for rescheduled shows with new dates.

Just checked my Jimmy Buffett tickets and got a refund option this morning. It wasn't there yesterday.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-01 18:23 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Date: May 2, 2020 02:58

Hi Hairball. I caught myself thinking about this, so I figured I might as well ask you: last time around, which was the better show - Santa Clara or Glendale? I went to Santa Clara and I think it was the best of my five shows. I think you went to Santa Clara and I remember you saying what an incredible show Glendale was. Now that some time has gone by, do you think one show or the other was better and perhaps the best of the last tour?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 2, 2020 03:51

OhYesMeAgain
I was hoping (just wishful thinking I guess)that if there was enough public outrage that StubHub would have to give refunds. But I guess that hasn't happened, and like you said who knows about SubHub's financial ability.
StubHub, a $4 billion criminal enterprise. I hope they get sued out of existence.

[www.jsonline.com]

Date: May 2, 2020 05:39

OhYesMeAgain
Hi Hairball. I caught myself thinking about this, so I figured I might as well ask you: last time around, which was the better show - Santa Clara or Glendale? I went to Santa Clara and I think it was the best of my five shows. I think you went to Santa Clara and I remember you saying what an incredible show Glendale was. Now that some time has gone by, do you think one show or the other was better and perhaps the best of the last tour?

Simple answer - like Godfather 1 and 2, they were both great for a variety of different reasons, and they both provided hundreds...make that thousands of memories!
My first of the tour was Chicago #2, and it was great as well, as was Pasadena in SoCal which is my neck of the woods - amazing show and experience in so many ways.
So no, one wasn't better than the other - they were ALL f*king GREAT!!! Sorry I couldn't be more precise, but I see all four shows as one continuous experience of the summer of 2019.

EDIT: OK, thought about it really hard for the last 20 minutes. If I was forced to choose one.........sorry, still can't do it. winking smiley

Maybe if you ask me in a few years when some of the memories have faded and I can judge them separately and semi-objectively based on the performances alone via bootlegs and youtube vids.
Until then, can't pick one, and there's a good chance my answer will always be the same...all four of them in the summer of 2019...equally fantastic in their own ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-02 05:58 by Hairball.

Date: May 2, 2020 06:41

Hairball
OhYesMeAgain

Simple answer - like Godfather 1 and 2, they were both great for a variety of different reasons, and they both provided hundreds...make that thousands of memories!
My first of the tour was Chicago #2, and it was great as well, as was Pasadena in SoCal which is my neck of the woods - amazing show and experience in so many ways.
So no, one wasn't better than the other - they were ALL f*king GREAT!!! Sorry I couldn't be more precise, but I see all four shows as one continuous experience of the summer of 2019.

EDIT: OK, thought about it really hard for the last 20 minutes. If I was forced to choose one.........sorry, still can't do it. winking smiley

Maybe if you ask me in a few years when some of the memories have faded and I can judge them separately and semi-objectively based on the performances alone via bootlegs and youtube vids.
Until then, can't pick one, and there's a good chance my answer will always be the same...all four of them in the summer of 2019...equally fantastic in their own ways.

Feel the same about the six shows I was able to make.
I'd give "best of" if forced, to Chicago 2.
The setlist, atmosphere, still soaking in the rush of the tour and Mick being ok, the band being great, and getting Monkey Man, Ride 'em On Down, and then Play With Fire on the B-stage was fantastic, and the 20 song setlist was great. Keiths set was excellent as well as they were changing quite a bit from the night before (Slipping and BTMMR)

Between Glendale and Santa Clara, even though I only saw Glendale from live streams, it seems SC should get the nod, again if based solely on setlist (which of course it's not). OOC and Rocks Off in the 4th and 5th spot, with Let It Bleed on the B-stage. Santa Clara was the last show of that leg for me, and if (God forbid) last ever, I'm thrilled with that one. Like yourself LD Pit tix, and great shirts from Dave cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-02 06:44 by MisterDDDD.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home