Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 19, 2020 09:58

micawber
I understand that in the moment I'm (from Europe under quarantine) not able to get my tickets refunded, because the Stones didn't cancel but postpone?

There is no way for me to travel to the tour for the rest of 2020 or even 2021 due to business.

What a ripoff. What the $%*#????

Any recommendations from some of you experienced US citizens?

When the rescheduled dates are announced, you should be able to get a refund by saying you're unable to make the rescheduled date(s).

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 19, 2020 10:00

Aquamarine
micawber
I understand that in the moment I'm (from Europe under quarantine) not able to get my tickets refunded, because the Stones didn't cancel but postpone?

There is no way for me to travel to the tour for the rest of 2020 or even 2021 due to business.

When the rescheduled dates are announced, you should be able to get a refund by saying you're unable to make the rescheduled date(s).

"Should" being the operative word here

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 19, 2020 12:21

They simply have to refund tickets for postponed shows. If its true that they changed their policies AFTER the corona virus, it's greed and theft beyond belief. Many of us are travelling from Europe, and with travel bans, a crashing economy and unpredictable future, we need our money back. Hope many fans will put some pressure on Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 19, 2020 12:56

I wrote to Ticketmaster and this was their response:

«Hello, and thanks for connecting with us. I will be happy to assist you today. Regarding this order, regretfully at this time, the event provider is not allowing refunds unless the event is cancelled. Refunds are only available for canceled events, or selected postponed/rescheduled events, regretfully yours not being one of the events that qualify. Since Ticketmaster does not own the tickets we sell, we must abide by the policies set forth by the event operator.»

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: March 19, 2020 14:11

They are simply just waiting until they can reschedule the shows. When that happens everyone will have the option to either keep the tickets for the new date or get a refund. Not allowing refunds for a cancelled show regardless of the reason would be not only the end of the Stones but the end of all events. No one would ever feel safe buying a ticket to anything. We are all watching a movie that no one has ever seen before therefore no one knows how it will end. The best thing we can do is be smart and do everything we can do to stay safe until this virus is out of our lives. When that happens we will all get together and see the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World perform once again!
Lou
Americanbluesscene.com

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 19, 2020 14:18

I'm just glad I have only LD tix for 3 shows.

plexi

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 19, 2020 14:41

Maindefender
GasLightStreet
bv
I am not going to post much here about the tour, because it is clearly related to the coronavirus. I will say what I know and see in the coronavirus thread. I will just say the following here.

Most experts in virology and epidomilogy say the virus will be around for 1-2 years. May be slightly slower when it is warm, summertime, but you would not play russian roulette with one bullet in the revolver summertime, even if it was two or three bullets out of six wintertime?

USA death numbers just went from 85 into 114 in 24 hours yesterday, and the death cases are now in eighteen - 18 - states. That is a 34% increase in 24 hours, all over USA.

UK residents age 70+ i.e. Mick, Keith, Ronnie are all told to stay at their homes for three - 3 - months. I.e. until July at the earliest. They are in the target group of old people with reduced immunity, and they might die if they got the virus.

I don't understand why people do still talk about a tour this summer.

The talk about warm weather slowing it down is a myth. Where COVID-19 originated it's sub-tropical, it sits roughly at the same latitude as New Orleans, which means that it does get cool and even cold but it is generally a warm environment. Seeing that it had its first mutation from non-human-animal to human-animal in December in @#$%&, China, that does not specifically mean it isn't tropical in origin. Part of climate change/global warming includes new diseases, old diseases having new life and with more vapor in the atmosphere helping create more wind, with people on the planet...

Obviously time and research will tell more.

GLS, your comment is off with regards to China temps. November/December(supposedly it's inception) average temps do not come close to the 77F and higher mentioned. Same for March. Agree that we are still learning this thing.

I wasn't going by average temps. It gets warm in New Orleans (as well as the rest of the Gulf Coast) during winter. If you go by averages that doesn't show everything. We were in the 80s in February of 2018...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2020 14:44

TornAndFried
Aquamarine
micawber

"Should" being the operative word here

I've never had an issue getting a refund, if an artist reschedules.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2020 14:50

GasLightStreet
Maindefender
GasLightStreet
bv
I am not going to post much here about the tour, because it is clearly related to the coronavirus. I will say what I know and see in the coronavirus thread. I will just say the following here.

Most experts in virology and epidomilogy say the virus will be around for 1-2 years. May be slightly slower when it is warm, summertime, but you would not play russian roulette with one bullet in the revolver summertime, even if it was two or three bullets out of six wintertime?

USA death numbers just went from 85 into 114 in 24 hours yesterday, and the death cases are now in eighteen - 18 - states. That is a 34% increase in 24 hours, all over USA.

UK residents age 70+ i.e. Mick, Keith, Ronnie are all told to stay at their homes for three - 3 - months. I.e. until July at the earliest. They are in the target group of old people with reduced immunity, and they might die if they got the virus.

The talk about warm weather slowing it down is a myth. Where COVID-19 originated it's sub-tropical, it sits roughly at the same latitude as New Orleans, which means that it does get cool and even cold but it is generally a warm environment. Seeing that it had its first mutation from non-human-animal to human-animal in December in @#$%&, China, that does not specifically mean it isn't tropical in origin. Part of climate change/global warming includes new diseases, old diseases having new life and with more vapor in the atmosphere helping create more wind, with people on the planet...

GLS, your comment is off with regards to China temps. November/December(supposedly it's inception) average temps do not come close to the 77F and higher mentioned. Same for March. Agree that we are still learning this thing.

I wasn't going by average temps. It gets warm in New Orleans (as well as the rest of the Gulf Coast) during winter. If you go by averages that doesn't show everything. We were in the 80s in February of 2018...

As a complete neophyte to the virology of all of this (if that's even a correct term), I do have a question for anyone that may know. If the virus is supposed to 'slow down' with warmerweather, 77+ or whatever, how is it that at 98.6 degrees it's thriving?

It seems counter-intuitive, but obviously there are other factors at play...if anyone happens to understand that I'd love to know the logic, thanks.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 19, 2020 15:12

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Maindefender
GasLightStreet
bv

As a complete neophyte to the virology of all of this (if that's even a correct term), I do have a question for anyone that may know. If the virus is supposed to 'slow down' with warmerweather, 77+ or whatever, how is it that at 98.6 degrees it's thriving?

It seems counter-intuitive, but obviously there are other factors at play...if anyone happens to understand that I'd love to know the logic, thanks.

Because it's a myth.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 19, 2020 15:59

The tour is off. Sad. Today I canceled all my 36 hotel bookings. I will really miss this tour; it looked so great.

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 19, 2020 16:08

Lots of hotel bookings cancelled this week. Sad for us and for the hotel industry. Instead of pondering set lists and hoping for rare songs, we’ve been reduced to finding a proper song to wash our hands to... I think I finally found mine. (Avoiding Miss You for hand washing as that would trigger an immediate Pee Break response, leading to more hand washing and I’d be in an endless loop.)

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 19, 2020 16:12

bv
The tour is off. Sad. Today I canceled all my 36 hotel bookings. I will really miss this tour; it looked so great.

On the bright side: at least you are not missing any shows that are happening, keeping the streak intact. I'm sure you will be back in the saddle should the tour be rescheduled. smileys with beer

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: March 19, 2020 17:03

BV, as in is expected to be ultimately cancelled?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 17:04 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 19, 2020 17:36

Well to throw antoher wrench in this mess,
I received an email last night from Allianz,
the ticket insurance company for these shows.
They are claiming that our tickets are not covered under their terms.

"As detailed below, our plans do not cover conditions or occurrences that were known or reasonably foreseeable on the date of purchase of the plan, or generally, losses resulting directly or indirectly from an epidemic or pandemic, the cancellation or delay of an event by a venue or promoter, or prohibition or regulation by any government."

What a bunch of BS!
With a pandemic no one can predict the future.
I will never buy ticket insurance again!
Even if these shows were covered by their policy, they would probably make us jump thru hoops to recoup our money.

I just hope TM comes thru with refund options.

Date: March 19, 2020 18:21

Dougratajczak87
BV, as in is expected to be ultimately cancelled?

Please see my comments in the coronavirus thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2020 18:25

The Worst.
They simply have to refund tickets for postponed shows. If its true that they changed their policies AFTER the corona virus, it's greed and theft beyond belief. Many of us are travelling from Europe, and with travel bans, a crashing economy and unpredictable future, we need our money back. Hope many fans will put some pressure on Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

For the sake of many people in similar situations as you (traveling from Europe, etc.), I hope they do the right thing and refund as it seems completely unfair and wicked to keep the money.
For the sake of myself and others in a similar situation (driving to one show) I also hope they do the right thing as I really don't like the thought of greedy bastards taking advantage of a situation that happened beyond anyone's control.
If a rescheduled date works for me, that's great and I'll be happy to attend. If a rescheduled date is inconvenient or impossible, I'll raise as much hell as possible to get a refund just as thousands/millions of others will be doing.
OK - just needed to vent a bit of frustration - rant over. thumbs up

The Worst.
I wrote to Ticketmaster and this was their response:

«Hello, and thanks for connecting with us. I will be happy to assist you today. Regarding this order, regretfully at this time, the event provider is not allowing refunds unless the event is cancelled. Refunds are only available for canceled events, or selected postponed/rescheduled events, regretfully yours not being one of the events that qualify. Since Ticketmaster does not own the tickets we sell, we must abide by the policies set forth by the event operator.»

They do say "regretfully at this time", i.e. as of right now - and things are happening fast with so many events, concerts, etc. being postponed/cancelled that it's difficult for them to deal with it all, so maybe things will change some time soon.
As of this minute, ticketmaster hasn't even listed the shows as postponed and tix are stil available for the original dates, so once they do maybe then we'll have an answer, and hopefully that answer will include the option for a refund.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 18:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2020 18:49

How many Rolling Stones fans are holding tickets that they paid hundreds or thousands of dollars for and are now out or work? (not me, I'm retired and have no tickets).

I cannot believe that they will not refund people's money, that they use the small-print expedient of "postponed" rather than "cancelled" in order to make the interest on money they will have to pay back in the future. It's up to them, not TM. I assume someone (Mick?) will realize that they must give the money back now.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 19, 2020 19:12

Rokyfan
How many Rolling Stones fans are holding tickets that they paid hundreds or thousands of dollars for and are now out or work? (not me, I'm retired and have no tickets).

I cannot believe that they will not refund people's money, that they use the small-print expedient of "postponed" rather than "cancelled" in order to make the interest on money they will have to pay back in the future. It's up to them, not TM. I assume someone (Mick?) will realize that they must give the money back now.

Interest rates are near 0, they are not making money holding the money. They should offer refunds but there are other reasons they are holding out.

Date: March 19, 2020 19:21

Duplicate post - deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 19:23 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: March 19, 2020 19:22

In regards to Ticketmaster and the promoters, it has to be a massive liquidity issue. With all the cancellations and postponements (without newly confirmed dates), the vast majority of people would cash out due to the uncertainty.

If I were to say to you that you will see The Rolling Stones in your town exactly 1 year from the original date, then you feel more comfortable then if I say postponed or TBD.

They likely are holding the ticket money because:

A. Literally do not have or have access to the cash to pay the potential refunds if all postponed events offered a refund

B. They want to wait until they have a revised date so you can make informed decision vs. not having specifics and cashing out.

I’m cautiously confident that they will offer refunds once specifics have worked out for major tours, which with the uncertainty of Covid-19 could take quite some time.

Whether that’s right or wrong is an entirely different question.

Date: March 19, 2020 19:23

The average revenue i.e. ticket sales per show is USD 10 million so they are currently holding on to 150 million us dollars until the shows are canceled.

Bjornulf

Date: March 19, 2020 19:24

bv
The average revenue i.e. ticket sales per show is USD 10 million so they are currently holding on to 150 million us dollars until the shows are canceled.

I don’t know the concert business. Does anyone know if they actually likely have most of the funds or if payments have been made to the band, etc.?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 19, 2020 19:27

DO THE FIVE.
Help stop coronavirus

1 HANDS Wash them often
2 ELBOW Cough & Sneeze into it
3 FACE Don't touch it
4 SPACE Keep safe distance
5 FEEL SICK? Stay home

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-21 02:08 by schillid.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 19, 2020 19:29

micawber

Contact your credit card company.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 19, 2020 19:41

I see no one read my post about how to go AROUND Ticketmaster! I put my ticket fee on my Discover Card..they immediately froze that amount and I am NOT LIBEL for that amount AND Discover Card is calling Ticketmaster for me to resolve this NOW! If you used a reputable credit card to purchase your tickets, as I'm assuming most of you have, let that credit card company help resolve it for you. I told Discover Card credit department manager I was NOT paying on a concert ticket that was not happening! It's like making car payments on a non-existent vehicle! They are holding us hostage! Don't let them get away with it! I love Discover Card, they always have my back! Give it a try!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 21:18 by bv.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 19, 2020 19:56

I'm also pissed off at Ticketbastard about them not giving us our money back...

The harsh reality, though, is that they and the Stones know that a lot of people are losing a lot of money right now and won't have the same "play money" in a few months time. RS won't be able to ask as much per show, and price tickets would be a lot harder to sell unless they're say 30% cheaper

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 19, 2020 20:04

Dougratajczak87
bv

I don’t know the concert business. Does anyone know if they actually likely have most of the funds or if payments have been made to the band, etc.?

Usually deposits are paid up front (or advanced in increments - see the details surrounding the 2013 tour when they switched promoters), with the balance due at showtime with additional settlement after the show.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 19, 2020 20:07

mickschix
I see no one read my post about how to go AROUND Ticketmaster! I put my ticket fee on my Discover Card..they immediately froze that amount and I am NOT LIBEL for that amount AND Discover Card is calling Ticketmaster for me to resolve this NOW! If you used a reputable credit card to purchase your tickets, as I'm assuming most of you have, let that credit card company help resolve it for you. I told Discover Card credit department manager I was NOT paying on a concert ticket that was not happening! It's like making car payments on a non-existent vehicle! They are holding us hostage! Don't let them get away with it! I love Discover Card, they always have my back! Give it a try!

Yes, this could be an option, but like I said before, they just announced the postponment 2 days ago.
So I will wait till the dust settles and see what the Stones, AEG and TM organzations have to say.
Perhaps next week we will have more specific information.

Whats really disturbing is the email I received from Allianz saying that they will not be covering these tickets due to the pandemic regadless of if its "postponed" or "cancelled".

FYI - I have had dispute issues and cases in the past with credit card companies (Mastercard, Visa) and it was a tedious experience. I was given a complete refund but it was a TBD situation that took over a year to resolve.
It also did not reflect well with my credit score for a few months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 21:19 by bv.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2020 20:11

Last years postponement due to Mick's illness was announced Apr 1, 2019.
The new dates were announced May 16. (give or take based on a quick search)

The day the new dates were announced, people were offered refunds or you could keep your tickets.

Until they announce new dates this time, I wouldn't have been expecting the option to be refunded. Until they get everything in place and announce new dates, which clearly takes some time, I'm not expecting any refund option as it's premature at this point. I don't think it will take as long as last time, as they had a bit more of a jump on using this coming though, so soon is likely, or they will decide to move it to the "cancelled" category.

The difference this time I suppose is few of us believe they will be able to reschedule in a timely manner as they have stated that they are attempting to do.
The uncertainty isn't much different than last time, as we were all concerned about Mick's health. Other difference obviously is the virus and how badly its impact has been on the industry along with what some other bands are dong.

Before we assume that this time will be different, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, a little patience, and when they have (optimistically) rescheduled the tour, expect that they will trigger the refund option. Call me naive, but the band clearly has some say on this, and they've always done right by the fans when these things happen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home