Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157Next
Current Page: 155 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 21, 2021 21:49

Nate
Matt1984
Guess I’m not going to visiting the US from the UK anytime soon. Guess I’ll be selling my September Ohana Festival tickets sad smiley

You can enter the USA as a U.K. citizen if you spend 14 days in select countries first Mexico is an option that some people have been using.
Obviously it’s not feasible for many people to do given the extra time away but it is an option for anyone that has the time.

Nate

Wonder if Canada is also an option.
Seems likely, if one were to fly from there to here at this point.

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: July 21, 2021 23:46

Can back up Silver Dagger, announcement tmrw.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 23:48

livefromuk

For 2021 or 2022?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 00:38 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 22, 2021 00:12

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: July 21, 2021 23:46

for what tattoo you or tour
please just a little hint
some of us aren't patient enough to wait till christmas morning for our presentswinking smiley

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 22, 2021 00:16

livefromuk

Anybody in a postponed concert city, I guess this evening's the time to watch for any banners.

If none, might be a clue that it's sad smiley for this year.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 00:27

Nothing in Buffalo that I've seen or heard of, yet

Date: July 22, 2021 00:27

TheBluesHadaBaby
livefromuk

Anybody in a postponed concert city, I guess this evening's the time to watch for any banners.

Unlikely they would banner a postponed tour that has already been bannered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 00:48 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: kevinbud62583 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 00:38

Is this today?

Posted by: kevinbud62583 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 00:39

Is this today?

MisterDDDD
TheBluesHadaBaby
livefromuk

Date: July 22, 2021 00:47

No... NOT today!!!

Sorry.. I guess not everyone remembers these..
Loved this one from pre-original announcement.

Didn't mean to confuse, just remind winking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 22, 2021 00:50

kevinbud62583

Is this today?

It's from 3-Feb-2020 in Vancouver - [DailyHive.com] .

Date: July 22, 2021 01:00

Irix
kevinbud62583

Is this today?

It's from 3-Feb-2020 in Vancouver - [DailyHive.com] .

Apologies for the startle..
Reeeeelly that the words and pic were self explanatory winking smiley

"Unlikely they would banner a postponed tour that has already been bannered."

[www.vancouverisawesome.com]

Date: July 22, 2021 01:39

MisterDDDD

Yeah but the Feb 2020 banners seem like they were almost in a different lifetime now, on a different world from this one.

We were Living In A Ghost World for a good while there in between

Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 22, 2021 02:21

TheBluesHadaBaby
MisterDDDD

Yeah but the Feb 2020 banners seem like they were almost in a different lifetime now, on a different world from this one.

Living in a Ghost World would make a great banner. Or even a tour name.

Date: July 22, 2021 02:31

TheBluesHadaBaby
MisterDDDD

Yeah..my tix also feel like from a different lifetime.
Still good though winking smiley

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 02:34

TheBluesHadaBaby
Adult (18+) Full Vaccination Rates in the Thirteen U.S. States Where The Stones' Fourteen 2020 Concerts Were Postponed, per the NYT's tracking

July 7    July 15    July 20  13-day change

NY       66.2%     67.1%     67.5%   +1.3%

Minn   64.3%     64.9%     65.1%    +0.8%

Calif    61.5%     62.4%     62.9%   +1.4%

Penn   60.8%     61.5%     61.9%    +1.1%

Mich   57.8%     58.5%     58.8%    +1.0%

Flor     56.2%     57.1%     57.6%    +1.4%

Ohio    55.7%     56.1%     56.4%    +0.7%

KY        54.8%    55.4%     55.7%    +0.9%

Texas  50.2%*   53.9%     54.3%    +4.1%

NCar    51.9%    52.5%     52.8%    +0.9%

MO      49.1%     49.6%     50.0%    +0.9%

Tenn    47.1%     47.6%     47.9%   +0.8%

GA       46.9%     47.4%     47.8%    +0.9%

(* probably was wrong)

I wish we had counterfeiting-resistant proof of vaccination being issued by a national source in the U.S., but we don't. Federalism here means the national government can't or won't nationalize all kinds of things that would help our country function better and that other nations' citizens benefit from. But we're not likely to ever get that from the U.S. govt. It's going to be difficult for the venues to require proof of vaccination on a coast to coast tour here. Maybe venues still can, but good luck to them enforcing the requirement.

I inserted a line in the above table this time. The odds are reasonably good that sometime in September 60% or more of the adult populations will be fully vaxxed in those top-tier states. Is 60% really enough? What we want is more than 70%. But it's also not nothin'. And as been pointed out, older Americans are vaxxed at higher rates. Stones crowds do skew -- ahem -- older. In any of those 7 stadiums, I'm guessing here, but I think the odds are that 70% will be vaxxed.

If I was the Stones AND had powerful enough incentives to want to try to knock out at least half of the U.S. tour commitment this fall, I might draw a line something like that.

And announce that:

* We're going to try to play these 7 concerts, and Vancouver, this year.

* We hope the other concert venue states are better vaccinated by March 2022. If they are, we'll be back in April play those seven concerts -- and any others we may have to postpone again, to complete this leg in May 2022.

Then, on to the U.K. in July 2022.

(Btw, if this did happen, and worked fairly well, I'd argue the band would also be doing a public service to many Americans living in those six southern and border states who want more of their neighbors to get vaccinated. Any incentivizing of the unvaxxed is appreciated... by the vaxxed, at least.)

Of course, even scaled-down Fall touring might still not work. Covid Delta may continue to grow, into a significant 4th wave. It is break-through infecting (although not mortally) quite a few vaccinated people. If it becomes a major 4th wave, yes, it might close down even planned concerts for 70%+ vaxxed audiences.

This is definitely a more difficult environment for making these decisions than we expected it would be only a month or month and a half ago.

(Good thing we pay Michael Philip Jagger, CEO, so well.)

We should probably look at the vaccination rates of the cities. Detroit's rate for the first vaccination is 39.4%. Wayne county where Detroit is located is 53%. The counties surrounding Detroit where the suburbs are located between the low 50's and high 60's.

Currently, if one is fully vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna, one should be able to attend a couple of Stones concerts and remain virus free even in a city with a 40% vaccination rate. Whether that's true a month from now, we'll see - the Delta cases are rising quickly. If one plans to fly, I'd suggest purchasing refundable tickets, I see postponed concerts if Delta continues infecting people at the current rate.

I bought eight shows, San Diego was refunded. Vegas is rumored to have been added. I think I'll keep Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Louisville. Maybe buy Vegas Lucky Dips and hope things have improved in October. I'll decide morning of the show whether to attend.

Date: July 22, 2021 02:51

GlimmerGirl24

We should probably look at the vaccination rates of the cities. Detroit's rate for the first vaccination is 39.4%. Wayne county where Detroit is located is 53%. The counties surrounding Detroit where the suburbs are located between the low 50's and high 60's.

Currently, if one is fully vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna, one should be able to attend a couple of Stones concerts and remain virus free even in a city with a 40% vaccination rate. Whether that's true a month from now, we'll see - the Delta cases are rising quickly. If one plans to fly, I'd suggest purchasing refundable tickets, I see postponed concerts if Delta continues infecting people at the current rate.

I bought eight shows, San Diego was refunded. Vegas is rumored to have been added. I think I'll keep Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Louisville. Maybe buy Vegas Lucky Dips and hope things have improved in October. I'll decide morning of the show whether to attend.

Vegas numbers are up and they just started mandatory masks again.

((Wait.. Vegas!!!!)) Always one of my favorite locales for a Stones gig.
((Wait.. October!!!) Always one of my favorite times of year to see them winking smiley

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: July 22, 2021 03:28

I heard rather recently that band reps were seeking COVID cancellation insurance. I guess we'll learn tomorrow if that desired policy was for a 2021 or 2022 tour, or perhaps something altogether different.

Hoping for 2021. Still have Austin Lucky Dip tix.

Date: July 22, 2021 03:54

MisterDDDD
GlimmerGirl24

((Wait.. October!!!) Always one of my favorite times of year to see them winking smiley

The rumor is an October 31st Vegas show at the new stadium. I haven't missed a Vegas show since 1997 and Halloween is so tempting, even with a stadium. As you mentioned, the virus is currently partying there. So I'll buy Lucky Dips and put off purchasing airfare until the middle of October. If it's still a virus party then, no Vegas for me.

Date: July 22, 2021 03:55

MisterDDDD
TheBluesHadaBaby
livefromuk

There's tickets to sell, billboards and banners should appear to promote the shows.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 22, 2021 04:07

GlimmerGirl24
MisterDDDD
GlimmerGirl24

The rumor is an October 31st Vegas show at the new stadium. I haven't missed a Vegas show since 1997 and Halloween is so tempting, even with a stadium. As you mentioned, the virus is currently partying there. So I'll buy Lucky Dips and put off purchasing airfare until the middle of October. If it's still a virus party then, no Vegas for me.

Definitely not gonna be Oct 31

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Date: July 22, 2021 04:15

GlimmerGirl24
Vegas is rumored to have been added.
...The rumor is an October 31st Vegas show at the new stadium.

Just hours to go.

It's gonna suck sooooo bad now if it's "No Tour Til 2022."

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 04:20

TheBluesHadaBaby
GlimmerGirl24
Vegas is rumored to have been added.
...The rumor is an October 31st Vegas show at the new stadium.

Just hours to go.

It's gonna suck sooooo bad now if it's "No Tour Til 2022."

The worst would be cancelled, which financially would be hard to imagine if Europe is booked already for 2022.

The 2nd least desirable announcement would be no tour until 2022, stay tuned for more information aka as we wait for venues to become available (which would also not make a ton of sense, considering how long it's been radio silence on the dates since the postponement).

I'm inclined to believe based on BV's post that they may play other areas if they need to, that if there's an announcement tomorrow, it's 2021 dates and they've decided to accept the risks and proceed forward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 04:21 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 04:55

Okay, I need to ask: Why the announcement on Thursday? Did this come from Silver Dagger?

Date: July 22, 2021 05:26

Sockers56
Okay, I need to ask: Why the announcement on Thursday? Did this come from Silver Dagger?

My sources indicated Thursday too. If any shows are replaced with new venues, it could be the pre-sales start tomorrow, general sale on Saturday.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 05:33

GlimmerGirl24
Sockers56

My sources indicated Thursday too. If any shows are replaced with new venues, it could be the pre-sales start tomorrow, general sale on Saturday.

I wonder why BV hasn't made any mention about Thursday? I know BV doesn't like to post rumors only factual information, which I highly respect.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 22, 2021 05:37

for people with tickets, locked in and ready to tour, i hope the announcement that the tour is on comes true. happy shows! but california is back to indoor mask requirements. and places with low vaccination rates have low vaccination rates for a reason. the "i ain't getting the vax" crowd is convinced the vaccine will Kill You. it ain't funny and they are as serious as a heart attack. and their conspiracy theory is JFK X's 100. they just had a congressional hearing where some batsh*t senator told dr.fauci he's a liar and murdering people. dr. fauci yelled right back "F.U.". it's getting worse and the anti-vax crowd is digging in. they will burn down the country before they get a shot. i'd look for a tattoo you announcement. sorry.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 22, 2021 06:01

sundevil
for people with tickets, locked in and ready to tour, i hope the announcement that the tour is on comes true. happy shows! but california is back to indoor mask requirements. and places with low vaccination rates have low vaccination rates for a reason. the "i ain't getting the vax" crowd is convinced the vaccine will Kill You. it ain't funny and they are as serious as a heart attack. and their conspiracy theory is JFK X's 100. they just had a congressional hearing where some batsh*t senator told dr.fauci he's a liar and murdering people. dr. fauci yelled right back "F.U.". it's getting worse and the anti-vax crowd is digging in. they will burn down the country before they get a shot. i'd look for a tattoo you announcement. sorry.

Well the current leading theory on Covid-19's origin is a Wuhan lab leak, and the NIH under Dr. Fauci granted $$ to EcoHealth Alliance which in turn funded the Wuhan lab in some amount. And the Wuhan lab did gain of function research.

The controversy is, does the creation of that virus come directly from Dr. Fauci's NIH grant to EcoHealth Alliance which funded the Wuhan gain of function research or not?

It's plausible. Provable? Who knows.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: July 22, 2021 06:07

kovach
sundevil

Well the current leading theory on Covid-19's origin is a Wuhan lab leak, and the NIH under Dr. Fauci granted $$ to EcoHealth Alliance which in turn funded the Wuhan lab in some amount. And the Wuhan lab did gain of function research.

The controversy is, does the creation of that virus come directly from Dr. Fauci's NIH grant to EcoHealth Alliance which funded the Wuhan gain of function research or not?

There’s a separate thread for this you know.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 22, 2021 06:46

kovach
sundevil

Sounds like the smoking man from X-Files.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157Next
Current Page: 155 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home