Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157Next
Current Page: 154 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 01:33

With tickets already sold for the most part, maybe we wouldnt see all the advertising as usual. I'm still hopeful...

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 01:58

Dougratajczak87
GlimmerGirl24
bam
If there were a 2021 tour announcement coming this Thursday, wouldn't signs be popping up in cities by now? Tomorrow at the latest?

It's been the night before in the past when billboards, sidewalk tongues, banners on stadiums popped up, hasn't it?

The birdies with the information that this is the week that there will be an announcement aren't convinced the tour is going to happen. Especially with other bands who have headed out having to postpone dates because crew members have tested positive.

Of course, the rumor I have might be a week old and they've since decided it's a no-go. I really should have asked Santa for a Magic Eight ball when I was a kid.

Going to happen in 2021 or happen at all?

As in is it announce 2021 dates or 2022 dates later this week?

The rumors are that the arrangements for getting the touring entourage to where ever they're starting the tour have been made and if there's an announcement, it's this week, for this year. Which is followed by an asterisk that it might not happen.

As for US dates next year, I keep hearing they waited too long to book venues. I've taken that as there are no US venue holds for 2022.

It sounds like we'll know before Friday, unless of course we then hear they're going to take another week to think about it. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-21 02:04 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 02:11

GlimmerGirl24
Dougratajczak87
GlimmerGirl24
bam
If there were a 2021 tour announcement coming this Thursday, wouldn't signs be popping up in cities by now? Tomorrow at the latest?

It's been the night before in the past when billboards, sidewalk tongues, banners on stadiums popped up, hasn't it?

The birdies with the information that this is the week that there will be an announcement aren't convinced the tour is going to happen. Especially with other bands who have headed out having to postpone dates because crew members have tested positive.

Of course, the rumor I have might be a week old and they've since decided it's a no-go. I really should have asked Santa for a Magic Eight ball when I was a kid.

Going to happen in 2021 or happen at all?

As in is it announce 2021 dates or 2022 dates later this week?

The rumors are that the arrangements for getting the touring entourage to where ever they're starting the tour have been made and if there's an announcement, it's this week, for this year. Which is followed by an asterisk that it might not happen.

As for US dates next year, I keep hearing they waited too long to book venues. I've taken that as there are no US venue holds for 2022.

It sounds like we'll know before Friday, unless of course we then hear they're going to take another week to think about it. smiling smiley

Thank you!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: July 21, 2021 15:30

just saw this article on serbian site B92, in which it is said, among other things, that this year Darryl Jones and his jazz band Stone Raiders will perform on Nisville jazz festival (Nisville).
BUT, the main thing is >
"Although it was agreed last year that longtime Rolling Stones bassist Darryl Jones (replacing Bill Wyman in 1993) would perform at the closing of Nisville on August 15, due to obligations to the Rolling Stones scheduled for August 14, he will still perform at the opening of Nisville on August 12 with his super trio "Stone Raiders", says the director of Nisville, Ivan Blagojevic...."

headline is : The Rolling Stones changed Nisville's schedule

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-21 15:34 by novica.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 21, 2021 15:35

novica

due to obligations to the Rolling Stones scheduled for August 14

Could also mean he's needed in the Studio ....

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 21, 2021 15:36

Hm, that's interesting. And August is right around the corner too.

Date: July 21, 2021 15:36

Great info, thank you! Time to make this thread a sticky?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: novica ()
Date: July 21, 2021 15:37

Irix
novica

due to obligations to the Rolling Stones scheduled for August 14

Could also mean he's needed in the Studio ....

yes, but I couldn't find at the moment the NEW ALBUM thread...

Date: July 21, 2021 15:40

novica

yes, but I couldn't find at the moment the NEW ALBUM thread...

It's here - [iorr.org] .

To me Darryl's date looks more like Studio-work for the new Deluxe-Editions or the new Studio-Album than rehearsals for the postponed Tour.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 21, 2021 16:17

Aug 14th being a Saturday, it would fit for an opening gig.
Three and a half weeks seems too soon, especially if they are starting the opening gig from scratch (San Diego venue demolished/tix refunded).

Hoping they just kick it off in Vancouver, then the replacement southern cal gig.
Which, with their borders opening up to vaxxed Americans on Aug 9th, would fit.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 21, 2021 16:19

That could be a great way of finding out about the Stones plans: just try to book Darryl Jones for a range of dates and see for which he excuses himself.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2021 16:34

MisterDDDD
Aug 14th being a Saturday, it would fit for an opening gig.
Three and a half weeks seems too soon, especially if they are starting the opening gig from scratch (San Diego venue demolished/tix refunded).

Hoping they just kick it off in Vancouver, then the replacement southern cal gig.
Which, with their borders opening up to vaxxed Americans on Aug 9th, would fit.

Funny, I should be excited but leaves me with a bit of trepidation after reading about the superspreader musical festival in Netherlands.

Date: July 21, 2021 17:00

MisterDDDD

Three and a half weeks seems too soon,

And the rehearsals would have to start even sooner ....

Date: July 21, 2021 17:37

Irix
MisterDDDD

Yup.. not likely at all, but it is interesting that the date he has a Stones commitment for is a Saturday.
Perhaps a warm up gig after rehearsals.. fun to contemplate. Rehearsals starting Aug 9th, club gig on the 14th.. opener on 17th.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 17:46

MisterDDDD
Irix
MisterDDDD

Yup.. not likely at all, but it is interesting that the date he has a Stones commitment for is a Saturday.
Perhaps a warm up gig after rehearsals.. fun to contemplate. Rehearsals starting Aug 9th, club gig on the 14th.. opener on 17th.

Could it be that it marks the start of rehearsals?

Given that Darryl is able to play on the 12th.

I remember seeing on Shidoobee that Drake had said that the September 24th date that was being discussed for Louisville might even be the kick off or close to kick off.

If that were to be true, a month of rehearsals starting in August before hitting the road in mid September might line up right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-21 17:51 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: July 21, 2021 17:47

A post from bv on July 12th..
Three and a half weeks from now fits with the "appox four weeks before tour start" scenario.

Hmmm...

bv
I think they will wait out the situation for still 2-4 weeks. It is very quiet on the rumors front. I assume they have a go / no-go date approx four weeks before tour start, so they need to announce by mid August at the latest, otherwise it will be hard to tour the colder places this year. I will post more in the covid-19 thread.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: July 21, 2021 17:51

MisterDDDD
Irix
MisterDDDD

They haven't played together since summer 2019 as far as we know. That machine's going to need a little more oil than a week of rehearsals. I remember Hamburg after they were off the road for almost a year. You could hear the rust still coming off (and Munich was 2000 light years better).

IF this is about a tour and not a recording session, I'd think they'll be in rehearsals during that period. I know a rumor at one point was Minneapolis August 28th, so that could potentially be the opener if that date stands.

Date: July 21, 2021 17:56

Dougratajczak87

I remember seeing on Shidoobee that Drake had said that the September 24th date that was being discussed for Louisville might even be the kick off or close to kick off?

If that were to be true, a month of rehearsals before hitting the road might line up right.

Makes more sense, although I don't see them doing a month of rehearsals.
Perhaps two weeks.. would still fit.

Rehearsals typically (going on memory) start at the first of a work week,
Even if it was a Saturday start, it seems likely that Darryl would be excused to complete his commitment to play on that Sunday before joining his bandmates.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 18:05

MisterDDDD
Dougratajczak87

I remember seeing on Shidoobee that Drake had said that the September 24th date that was being discussed for Louisville might even be the kick off or close to kick off?

If that were to be true, a month of rehearsals before hitting the road might line up right.

Even if it was a Saturday start, it seems likely that Darryl would be excused to complete his commitment to play on that Sunday before joining his bandmates.

He can't play a concert in Serbia sunday night and start rehearsing with the Stones on monday in the USA although there are No quarantine Rules for Serbia (No Schengen Areas).

Date: July 21, 2021 18:12

hockenheim95
MisterDDDD
Dougratajczak87

He can't play a concert in Serbia sunday night and start rehearsing with the Stones on monday in the USA although there are No quarantine Rules for Serbia (No Schengen Areas).

Who said "Monday"? And who said "USA"? winking smiley

He's playing Serbia on that Thursday, and has said he has plans with the band on Saturday. Also a very quick turnaround,

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: July 21, 2021 18:37

King Crimson have just flown from the U.K. and are now rehearsing in Florida for the start of U.S.tour starting end of July ...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 21, 2021 18:38

Non-essential travel to the US remaining ‘closed’ until at least August 21. I know, I know, you can still fly in, but the rules make it a bit tricky. Another nail in the coffin of a 2021 tour. I’m expecting nothing until 2022. And am rather grouchy about it.

[www.thestar.com]

Date: July 21, 2021 18:46

SomeTorontoGirl
Non-essential travel to the US remaining ‘closed’ until at least August 21. I know, I know, you can still fly in, but the rules make it a bit tricky. Another nail in the coffin of a 2021 tour. I’m expecting nothing until 2022. And am rather grouchy about it.

[www.thestar.com]

Just read that STG, bummed me out as well.
Speculating, but the Aug 21st date has been on essentially automatic renewal for the last 16 months, I believe it may be rescinded in light of Canada opening up, at least I hope it will.

From my local paper..
"The extension, “unless amended or rescinded prior to” 11:59 p.m. Aug. 21 according to a Department of Homeland statement published Wednesday, means the U.S. will keep its border closed with Canada for a 17th month.

[www.bellinghamherald.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2021 19:19

MisterDDDD
SomeTorontoGirl

[www.thestar.com]

Speculating, but the Aug 21st date has been on essentially automatic renewal for the last 16 months, I believe it may be rescinded in light of Canada opening up, at least I hope it will.

From my local paper..
"The extension, “unless amended or rescinded prior to” 11:59 p.m. Aug. 21 according to a Department of Homeland statement published Wednesday, means the U.S. will keep its border closed with Canada for a 17th month.

I would take the opposite view, given that the numbers are increasing every day in the States, and it looks like maybe on the upswing now in Canada, we'll see over the next few days, you're going to get this reviewed/pushed back on a monthly basis.

We need to get to an overwhelming majority of double-vaxxed people, ie 85-90%. And there's always the possibility of a new mutation prolonging this agony.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 20:25

Guess I’m not going to visiting the US from the UK anytime soon. Guess I’ll be selling my September Ohana Festival tickets sad smiley

Date: July 21, 2021 20:27

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
SomeTorontoGirl

[www.thestar.com]

From my local paper..

I would take the opposite view, given that the numbers are increasing every day in the States, and it looks like maybe on the upswing now in Canada, we'll see over the next few days, you're going to get this reviewed/pushed back on a monthly basis.

We need to get to an overwhelming majority of double-vaxxed people, ie 85-90%. And there's always the possibility of a new mutation prolonging this agony.

Yeah.. just seems as the vax numbers have accelerated in Canada, surpassing our fully vaxxed rate, that if Canada opens to US, it should be reciprocal.

Downloaded an app that will be required to go in to Canada.. uploaded vax proof etc.

The ArriveCAN app is required for all travelers entering Canada with very few exceptions.
[www.king5.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 21, 2021 20:39

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
SomeTorontoGirl

[www.thestar.com]

From my local paper..

Yeah.. just seems as the vax numbers have accelerated in Canada, surpassing our fully vaxxed rate, that if Canada opens to US, it should be reciprocal.

Downloaded an app that will be required to go in to Canada.. uploaded vax proof etc.

The ArriveCAN app is required for all travelers entering Canada with very few exceptions.
[www.king5.com]

Wish they would do that here.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: July 21, 2021 21:07

So, given Mick, Ronnie and Charlie are already in the UK it may be that they plan to rehearse there. However, don't forget UK have a 10 day quarantine policy for arrivals (some changes have been made for those who are double vaccinated - but there's politics around accepting status of jabs from other countries)... so lets say, for the sake of argument, that Keith, Daryl and others would have to isolate for 10 days, then arriving into the UK around 13th August, would mean free to start rehearsals on Monday 23rd August... 3 weeks of rehearsals - then go to the US Sep 17th ish, dress rehearsal and tour start last week of September... all sounds plausible..

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 21, 2021 21:14

Adult (18+) Full Vaccination Rates in the Thirteen U.S. States Where The Stones' Fourteen 2020 Concerts Were Postponed, per the NYT's tracking

July 7    July 15    July 20  13-day change

NY       66.2%     67.1%     67.5%   +1.3%

Minn   64.3%     64.9%     65.1%    +0.8%

Calif    61.5%     62.4%     62.9%   +1.4%

Penn   60.8%     61.5%     61.9%    +1.1%

Mich   57.8%     58.5%     58.8%    +1.0%

Flor     56.2%     57.1%     57.6%    +1.4%

Ohio    55.7%     56.1%     56.4%    +0.7%

KY        54.8%    55.4%     55.7%    +0.9%

Texas  50.2%*   53.9%     54.3%    +4.1%

NCar    51.9%    52.5%     52.8%    +0.9%

MO      49.1%     49.6%     50.0%    +0.9%

Tenn    47.1%     47.6%     47.9%   +0.8%

GA       46.9%     47.4%     47.8%    +0.9%

(* probably was wrong)

I wish we had counterfeiting-resistant proof of vaccination being issued by a national source in the U.S., but we don't. Federalism here means the national government can't or won't nationalize all kinds of things that would help our country function better and that other nations' citizens benefit from. But we're not likely to ever get that from the U.S. govt. It's going to be difficult for the venues to require proof of vaccination on a coast to coast tour here. Maybe venues still can, but good luck to them enforcing the requirement.

I inserted a line in the above table this time. The odds are reasonably good that sometime in September 60% or more of the adult populations will be fully vaxxed in those top-tier states. Is 60% really enough? What we want is more than 70%. But it's also not nothin'. And as been pointed out, older Americans are vaxxed at higher rates. Stones crowds do skew -- ahem -- older. In any of those 7 stadiums, I'm guessing here, but I think the odds are that 70% will be vaxxed.

If I was the Stones AND had powerful enough incentives to want to try to knock out at least half of the U.S. tour commitment this fall, I might draw a line something like that.

And announce that:

* We're going to try to play these 7 concerts, and Vancouver, this year.

* We hope the other concert venue states are better vaccinated by March 2022. If they are, we'll be back in April play those seven concerts -- and any others we may have to postpone again, to complete this leg in May 2022.

Then, on to the U.K. in July 2022.

(Btw, if this did happen, and worked fairly well, I'd argue the band would also be doing a public service to many Americans living in those six southern and border states who want more of their neighbors to get vaccinated. Any incentivizing of the unvaxxed is appreciated... by the vaxxed, at least.)

Of course, even scaled-down Fall touring might still not work. Covid Delta may continue to grow, into a significant 4th wave. It is break-through infecting (although not mortally) quite a few vaccinated people. If it becomes a major 4th wave, yes, it might close down even planned concerts for 70%+ vaxxed audiences.

This is definitely a more difficult environment for making these decisions than we expected it would be only a month or month and a half ago.

(Good thing we pay Michael Philip Jagger, CEO, so well.)

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 21, 2021 21:21

Matt1984
Guess I’m not going to visiting the US from the UK anytime soon. Guess I’ll be selling my September Ohana Festival tickets sad smiley

You can enter the USA as a U.K. citizen if you spend 14 days in select countries first Mexico is an option that some people have been using.
Obviously it’s not feasible for many people to do given the extra time away but it is an option for anyone that has the time.

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157Next
Current Page: 154 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home