Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157Next
Current Page: 153 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 17:09

In GlimmerGirl24 we trust....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 20, 2021 18:00

I will be on tour next summer, because it will be 60 years since they played their first show July 12, 1962 in London. They have booked dates in Europe next year. It makes sense to do something in London on their 60th anniversary. Also, if they need, they may do other locations.

The US dates are in the hands of the pandemic. It would be a high risk operation to tour US this fall, we will see what risk they are willing to take, economically as well as health wise, both for themselves and their fans.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 18:00 by bv.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 20, 2021 18:12

Thanks, bv.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 20, 2021 18:16

It will be a miracle if the US dates are rescheduled to this Fall, and if it doesn't happen hopefully they'll be able to celebrate their 60th in Europe next summer without any problems.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 18:24

Is it safe to say if the US doesn’t happen this year, the US tour will likely be canceled altogether?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 20, 2021 18:34

Would be hard to see them turning their backs on that kind of a payday. Note that BV doesn't exclude the possibility of US dates next year - not even this year.

Granted, it's just as hard to see them doing UK, Europe and the US all in the same year, because that would necessarily mean, what, well over 25 shows for a band their age?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 18:42 by Topi.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 18:43

Topi
Would be hard to see them turning their backs on that kind of a payday. Note that BV doesn't exclude the possibility of US dates next year.

Granted, it's just as hard to see them doing UK, Europe and the US all in the same year, because that would necessarily mean, what, well over 20 shows for a band their age?

I think two legs is the scenario they may be looking at, if they are unable to go forward with the fall tour this year.

Assuming they've booked Europe, they've backed themselves into a bit of a corner.

They must either be confident about the ability to do the fall tour and/or comfortable with doing two legs next year.

Can't see them A. cancelling the tour after 2 year delay or B. cancelling the tour then playing a different tour in Europe.

The optics of doing either A or B would be less than ideal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 18:43 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: July 20, 2021 18:49

Exactly. Neither A or B makes much sense for them financially. I mean it's not like they're taking home more money out of a UK+Euro tour over a US tour? They tend to charge more for tickets and play bigger venues in the US.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 20, 2021 19:04

Are the financial rewards their motivation at this late stage of the game? I would like to think they just want to get out and perform while they still can. Planning a tour at this point could be a waste of time until the Covid situation is clearer. I'd love them to release some live video performances in the meantime. But they are probably camping out in separate continents for the time being. Van Morrison's Live at Real Studios is a great example.

Date: July 20, 2021 19:24

What I'm saying is they definitely won't want to just lose money due to a cancellation. (This has to be part of the reason they have held on to the US tour for so long)

And while they may no longer be in it for the money, you can bet it's a business they're running and business decisions will factor in.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 20, 2021 19:35

Ok, so Europe in 2022 and USA in 2023. It probably makes no sense.

Date: July 20, 2021 19:37

Postponing the US tour by three years does sound a little far-fetched as well, to put it mildly.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 20, 2021 19:42

Whilst their age is certainly a factor, I feel that with a touring schedule that has four days in between each show, and travelling and staying in five-star luxury, I don't see why they couldn't do two legs next year. Perhaps the US tour being 14 shows in the Spring, finishing early June. Then, after a two month break, they could do 10 or 12 shows in the UK and Europe in August and September. Seems possible.

Anyway, it looks like we should be finding out a lot more info this week, fingers crossed!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 20, 2021 19:58

Farm Aid 2021 just announced their return with a fully attended show at an indoor venue. Willie Nelson is older than any of the Stones, and Neil Young is no spring chicken either.

[jambands.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 20, 2021 20:13

Xfinity Theatre in Hartford CT is an open air amphitheatre, not an indoor venue.

[www.farmaid.org]

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 20, 2021 20:17

Thanks Johnny, didn’t know that obviously. The point still being that older musicians in the U.S. feel it’s safe for them and their fans to perform.

Let’s get on with the show.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: July 20, 2021 21:13

I say no concerts this year .Probably the USA tour starts in April ends in June then some concerts at the Royal Albert Hall in the Autumn , where they don't need a stage shipped over .
Then rest of Europe in 2023, which Keith Richards has actually said is the anniversary...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 20, 2021 21:45

I could be wrong, but isn't the ban on EU citizens/residents entering the US re-instituted by the Biden administration, still in effect? (Not that it would affect the band, but fans?)

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 20, 2021 21:50

I think 2047.. "Charlie Watts has been drumming for 90 whole years, and now at 106 years old, he's still kicking it. Turns out the key to a long life is rocking on. 103-year-old singer Mick Jagger says the band is playing "better than ever" and is working on some new tracks.

Date: July 20, 2021 21:55

Rokyfan
I could be wrong, but isn't the ban on EU citizens/residents entering the US re-instituted by the Biden administration, still in effect? (Not that it would affect the band, but fans?)

Based on GlimmerGirl's post, seems that the Stones team have that worked out to be able to enter the US.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2021 22:02

HotStuff92
Is it safe to say if the US doesn’t happen this year, the US tour will likely be canceled altogether?

Depends on how safe you feel in saying it.

Date: July 20, 2021 22:04

Topi
Postponing the US tour by three years does sound a little far-fetched as well, to put it mildly.

Really? Sounds logical to me. What's far-fetched these days? It's just a tour name, anyway.

Date: July 20, 2021 22:05

Dougratajczak87
Rokyfan

Based on GlimmerGirl's post, seems that the Stones team have that worked out to be able to enter the US.

Yes, but tourists/fans from abroad are currently still not allowed to enter.

Or maybe they are if they spend 2 weeks in Mexico first winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 22:06 by Topi.

Date: July 20, 2021 22:06

Javadave
Farm Aid 2021 just announced their return with a fully attended show at an indoor venue. Willie Nelson is older than any of the Stones, and Neil Young is no spring chicken either.

[jambands.com]

Neither of them have cities moving around the globe for a tour like the Stones. The only other act in the world that comes close to the amount of people involved for a tour is U2.

Date: July 20, 2021 22:19

NilsHolgersson
I think 2047.. "Charlie Watts has been drumming for 90 whole years, and now at 106 years old, he's still kicking it. Turns out the key to a long life is rocking on. 103-year-old singer Mick Jagger says the band is playing "better than ever" and is working on some new tracks.

Keith: We've got some tracks we started in, I dunno, maybe 2015, I dunno, mate, the years all run together, ahhhh, like lemon trees. We're working with He Was, Don's son, that we're finishing up. They sound incredibly fresh, man, like a fine bottle of wine. We're finally getting it right, you know? We'll probably tour next year, then record again, do another tour, see how long we can take it. I mean, you know, whyyyy NOT? Ehhhh hurrrggggh, the bus only stops when it stops, youknowwhutImeannn, and we're not stopping, right?

Mick: Oh I've written loads of songs. Loads! Not all of them are for the Stones, of course. Some are complete rubbish, you know, lots of me just going 'Ohhh ohhh ohhhh' and never finishing a thing. But they're great, really. Did you hear the one I just did with Adelle's third son? I'm enjoying it. I still might do a solo project.

Ronnie: Been laying down some tracks with Mick in Oslo. We both have houses there, right on the fjord. Fantastic, man. We're grandparents again, from our kids back in the 2020s! They sky lights up at night, feels like we're on stage, right at home! But the new recordings. Mate, I tell ya: Fresh as lettuce.

Charlie: The album still isn't done?

Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 20, 2021 22:49

If there were a 2021 tour announcement coming this Thursday, wouldn't signs be popping up in cities by now? Tomorrow at the latest?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 22:50 by bam.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 20, 2021 22:52

bam
If there were a 2021 tour announcement coming this Thursday, wouldn't signs be popping up in cities by now? Tomorrow at the latest?

Maybe not for a rescheduled tour.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 23:02

I believe the rules are a bit more lax here in CT than they are in NY, where one must be vax'd in order to attend an indoor show. Granted this is an outdoor venue, and the vast majority of the state is vax'd.......

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 01:14

bam

It's been the night before in the past when billboards, sidewalk tongues, banners on stadiums popped up, hasn't it?

The birdies with the information that this is the week that there will be an announcement aren't convinced the tour is going to happen. Especially with other bands who have headed out having to postpone dates because crew members have tested positive.

Of course, the rumor I have might be a week old and they've since decided it's a no-go. I really should have asked Santa for a Magic Eight ball when I was a kid.

Date: July 21, 2021 01:19

GlimmerGirl24
bam

It's been the night before in the past when billboards, sidewalk tongues, banners on stadiums popped up, hasn't it?

The birdies with the information that this is the week that there will be an announcement aren't convinced the tour is going to happen. Especially with other bands who have headed out having to postpone dates because crew members have tested positive.

Of course, the rumor I have might be a week old and they've since decided it's a no-go. I really should have asked Santa for a Magic Eight ball when I was a kid.

Going to happen in 2021 or happen at all?

As in is it announce 2021 dates or 2022 dates later this week?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-21 01:20 by Dougratajczak87.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157Next
Current Page: 153 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home