Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157Next
Current Page: 152 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 22:30

Canada has announced that fully vaccinated citizens and permanent residents of the US will now be allowed to enter Canada starting August 9! No word about fully vaccinated Canadians being able to go into the states via land crossings.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 23:20

They could still play some fall shows and **if** a show or two gets cancelled or postponed u til 2022, that could work out if they are planning 2022 anyway.

With this virus, waiting until it’s over won’t work. There isn’t enough time. The Stones know that too.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 19, 2021 23:32

Seems to me if this is to be taken at all seriously, and many around here think it should, there is no way we are talking holiday season (namely, Christmas) of 2022. Maybe (s)he meant holiday season 2021, into 2022, but it was spoken plainly as 2022. I just do not find it at all plausible they would be thinking a year and a half from now, as mentioned there are a whole lot of uncertainties as to all members waking up each morning, or whenever they wake up these days, and that uncertainty gets greater with every passing day.

So if there is any credibility to this whole rumor, it has to be this coming holiday season, 2021, into and continuing on during 2022.

Personally I don't know of the original poster by name nor reputation so I remain Haile Doubtful.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 19, 2021 23:43

jbwelda
Seems to me if this is to be taken at all seriously, and many around here think it should, there is no way we are talking holiday season (namely, Christmas) of 2022. Maybe (s)he meant holiday season 2021, into 2022, but it was spoken plainly as 2022. I just do not find it at all plausible they would be thinking a year and a half from now, as mentioned there are a whole lot of uncertainties as to all members waking up each morning, or whenever they wake up these days, and that uncertainty gets greater with every passing day.

So if there is any credibility to this whole rumor, it has to be this coming holiday season, 2021, into and continuing on during 2022.

Personally I don't know of the original poster by name nor reputation so I remain Haile Doubtful.

jb

Not from the UK, but believe "holiday season" translates to "vacation season" here.

So, in other words:
"Anybody planning your 2022 holidays <vacations> yet? I'm going to make my plans later this week!"

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 19, 2021 23:55

MisterDDDD

Not from the UK, but believe "holiday season" translates to "vacation season" here.

Yep - and maybe the same timeframe then like the 2019 US-Tour - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 20, 2021 00:16

Oh, thank you for the correction. I guess the "holidays" I was referring to are more like "Boxing Days" (I always picture people squaring off in the ring with boxing gloves on).

So, talking more like summertime, 2022?

jb

Date: July 20, 2021 00:17

Irix
MisterDDDD

Yep - and maybe the same timeframe then like the 2019 US-Tour - [iorr.org] .

I'm hoping for the same time frame as the original 2019 dates before postponement winking smiley
Apr 20 2019 - Jun 29 2019

Perhaps even a few weeks earlier so there's time for a rest and then on with the UK/European 60th Anniversary Tour/Extravaganza!!

Date: July 20, 2021 01:45

MisterDDDD

Perhaps even a few weeks earlier so there's time for a rest and then on with the UK/European 60th Anniversary Tour/Extravaganza!!

I don't think they'll do two full Tours in one year (because of their age). Maybe 3 UK-Shows for the 60th Anniversary directly before the US-Tour 2022, Europe then in 2023 - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 01:55 by Irix.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 20, 2021 02:00

I really can’t see them doin US til next year...look how bad Delta is in US.

Date: July 20, 2021 02:01

Irix
MisterDDDD

I don't think they'll do two Tours in one year (because of their age). Maybe 3 UK-Shows for the 60th Anniversary directly before the US-Tour - [iorr.org] .

Could be right.. that would fall under the "extravaganza" option winking smiley

I don't think that will be the order though. Mick mentioned finishing up the US then UK, or similar if I recall.
Would seem likely that's not changed, and also likely they would be in England for the actual anniversary.
Starting here after July 12th doesn't seem very likely to me.

They clearly wanted to get it in in '21, per bv's earlier rumor etc.
Pushing it to late spring, seems logical and prudent at this point.
April 12th - June 21st, final guess.

Date: July 20, 2021 02:20

MisterDDDD

April 12th - June 21st, final guess.

To get the postponed US-Tour finally done. Maybe a UK Mini-Tour in Summer 2022 for the 60th and the rest of Europe then in 2023. Lots of possibilities - who knows what their plans are and how Covid-19 develops.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 20, 2021 03:08

I don't think they'd reschedule too early when there would still be the risk and possibility of having to postpone again as has been the case with many bands.
Not sure what they can do, but waiting too long might not be the best answer while at the same time too early is a bit risky as well. It's anybody's guess....

Date: July 20, 2021 03:29

Honestly, if mid-April thru June is too early because of the virus, so will late Summer etc.

Lots of bands are (re)scheduling for Feb., Mar, Apr...
If they can't go by mid-April, might as well pull the plug for US.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 04:52

I think (sadly) an awful lot depends as much on an insurance company underwriting a tour with all the possible risks (Covid, Ronnie's health...hell everyone's health in the band, local mandates popping up, etc), as it does on the band being ready and willing to hit the road.

An actuary in an office building somewhere, who prefers classical and jazz, plus occasionally going wild and listening to Paul Simon when he feels especially UP, could be the most important factor in a tour happening. LOL

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 20, 2021 05:16

buffalo7478
I think (sadly) an awful lot depends as much on an insurance company underwriting a tour with all the possible risks (Covid, Ronnie's health...hell everyone's health in the band, local mandates popping up, etc), as it does on the band being ready and willing to hit the road.

An actuary in an office building somewhere, who prefers classical and jazz, plus occasionally going wild and listening to Paul Simon when he feels especially UP, could be the most important factor in a tour happening. LOL

Lol? Umm no

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 05:28

The birdies say there will be an announcement this week for a fall tour. All the arrangements that have to be made to get Stones personnel into the US are set. But it also appears, they might still change their minds.

I think my eight shows will be pared down to four or less. With the current hassles of flying, the risk of catching the Delta variant on a plane and the possibility of concerts postponed because of the virus - I think it's only shows within an eight hour or less drive for me. And I might eliminate ones with a roof.

I was hoping to use this tour to get within striking distance of 100 Stones concerts, but for me, this isn't the year to do it. I've had six friends end up on vents over the past year, only one made it to rehab. I've been Pfizered, keys stick to me and my cellular signal has improved, but I have a history of severe viral infections where I end up in bed for a couple of months - so I'd like to skip being a breakthrough case. So if you see me at a concert - please, no hugs - save them for the 60th. smiling smiley

Date: July 20, 2021 05:35

Thanks GG smileys with beer
Good to know... hoping that plans haven't changed.

Personally going to uincrease my number of planned shows if they happen this fall, providing things stabilize sooner rather than later.

Date: July 20, 2021 05:49

I'm not happy about cutting my shows down, but with a history of catching viruses from flights and hotel ventilation, the prudent move for me would be to stay home. smiling smiley I'll compromise, drive-able shows with only one night hotel stays.

Date: July 20, 2021 06:06

GlimmerGirl24
I'm not happy about cutting my shows down, but with a history of catching viruses from flights and hotel ventilation, the prudent move for me would be to stay home. smiling smiley I'll compromise, drive-able shows with only one night hotel stays.

Totally understand and don't mean to be insensitive.
Drivable shows for me are always my favorite.. up to about 15 hours cool smiley

People will have to make some decisions, and if I were compromised (besides age) I would think twice. As it is , fully vaxxed household and fully masked (where appropriate) I feel pretty confident.

Date: July 20, 2021 06:44

MisterDDDD
GlimmerGirl24

Totally understand and don't mean to be insensitive.
Drivable shows for me are always my favorite.. up to about 15 hours cool smiley

People will have to make some decisions, and if I were compromised (besides age) I would think twice. As it is , fully vaxxed household and fully masked (where appropriate) I feel pretty confident.

I'm impressed, 13 hours has been my limit for solo road trips.

You weren't insensitive. I'm just miffed I'm not crazy or courageous enough to give my vaccination a real work out. smiling smiley

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 20, 2021 07:03

Irix says:

"I don't think they'll do two full Tours in one year (because of their age).
Maybe 3 UK-Shows for the 60th Anniversary
directly before the US-Tour 2022,
Europe then in 2023 - [iorr.org] ."

_________

But it's been noted that the 4 monster LED screens were designed so some of their height can be removed and the screens used in arenas, too.

They tour North America west-to-east, I think, so those two armadas of trucks are easy drives to east coast ports and shipping to England or Continental Europe when the North American tour is done. Their stages and screens being here in America is one of the reasons for their sticking to the postponed North American tour first. Other reasons, as noted frequently, include: contractual obligation; tickets already sold; loyalty to the N.A. fans who are hanging in there; and the U.S. is their most lucrative market. They're not gonna ship their stages to England for a run of London arena shows, then ship them back to America. And while I'm sure it's possible to play O2 arena without their screens, that's probably not gonna happen.

I understand you European folks wanting something different (I would too), but it's probably going to stay, the North American postponed stadium shows first, and only then playing some UK 60th Anniversary shows.

GlimmerGirl24
The birdies say there will be an announcement this week for a fall tour. All the arrangements that have to be made to get Stones personnel into the US are set.

But it also appears, they might still change their minds.

Fuggin Covid Delta, and our fuggin vax refuseniks being the sand in the gears.

As has been discussed before, by others and by me, who knows, maybe they'll choose half a loaf this fall, and the other half in the spring. Play the concerts in our better-vaccinated U.S. states in Fall 2021, then the laggard South with our many Fox-watching vax resisters in Spring 2022.

Take a little break while the stages are shipped across the Atlantic.

But then be able to deliver who-knows-how-many UK shows for the 60th Ann.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 07:14 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 20, 2021 07:52

MisterDDDD
jbwelda

jb

So, in other words:
"Anybody planning your 2022 holidays yet? I'm going to make my plans later this week!"

exactly. I've learned after many trips to Europe that when the folks on that side of the pond say that they are going on holiday, it means what Americans mean by going on vacation.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 20, 2021 08:07

Hey, it's the GlimmerGirl24 vs. Silver Dagger show! Whoever loses this game of prediction should be banned from IORR in perpetuity.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 20, 2021 10:52

Hey BV, is it still strawberry season in Norway? winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 20, 2021 11:10

Topi
Hey BV, is it still strawberry season in Norway? winking smiley

YES. One month into the season, one week to go here in the south.

Next year I will not be at home for the strawberry season. I will be on tour.

Bjornulf

Date: July 20, 2021 11:25

TheBluesHadaBaby

I understand you European folks wanting something different (I would too), but it's probably going to stay, the North American postponed stadium shows first, and only then playing some UK 60th Anniversary shows.

That's what I've described in another post - [iorr.org] .

The other scenario (which you quoted) was under the assumption of the postponement to 2022 and that the stage-equipment is stored in Europe (StageCo Belgium) - [iorr.org] .

Many scenarios are possible: US-Tour Fall 2021 or US-Tour Spring/early Summer 2022 + few UK-Shows directly afterwards or US-Tour Summer 2022 and all other European Shows in 2023.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: July 20, 2021 13:10

bv

YES. One month into the season, one week to go here in the south.

Next year I will not be at home for the strawberry season. I will be on tour.
USA or Europe ?

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: July 20, 2021 13:59

timbernardis
Hey, it's the GlimmerGirl24 vs. Silver Dagger show! Whoever loses this game of prediction should be banned from IORR in perpetuity.

Maybe Silver Dagger knows they decided to wait until 2022?
Especially when you consider what bv said about strawberry season next year. GlimmerGirl24 did mention that “they might still change their minds” about this fall.
Or, maybe GG24 has intel for the fall 2021 US shows. While SD (and bv) are talking about 2022 Europe. Maybe both will happen?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 14:23 by cmc.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 20, 2021 15:22

Can we please stop discussing the potential tour and get back to the real business at hand, i.e. reading non-stop arguments about whether to vax or not to vax and the political ideology associated therewith. That is what we are all here for!

Date: July 20, 2021 15:23

cmc

Or, maybe GG24 has intel for the fall 2021 US shows. While SD (and bv) are talking about 2022 Europe. Maybe both will happen?

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157Next
Current Page: 152 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home