Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...146147148149150151152153154155156...LastNext
Current Page: 151 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 19, 2021 13:34

When I hear about "2022 holiday plans" I have to smirk sarcastically

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 19, 2021 13:52

Topi
Sure sounds like the US tour is getting pushed back to 2022. Which always was a realistic scenario.

(I know, I know, the 60th anniversary and everything, but I still think the postponed US tour with tickets already sold takes priority over anything planned beyond that.)

That sounds extremely plausible!

Date: July 19, 2021 14:56

A few pages back when Some Toronto Girl stated that her hopes were eroding for a 2021 tour.....”hope I’m proven wrong” SD replied “you will be.”

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 19, 2021 15:04

makemeburnthecandle
A few pages back when Some Toronto Girl stated that her hopes were eroding for a 2021 tour.....”hope I’m proven wrong” SD replied “you will be.”

I know, right? I think SD has been into the sherry again. grinning smiley

Date: July 19, 2021 15:07

Yep, or just playing games.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 19, 2021 15:17

Silver Dagger
timbernardis
Irix
Matt1984

2022 dates? I doubt the band would announce shows so far in advance these days.

Not the exact dates - but maybe their postponement into 2022.

if that's the case, Silver Dagger wouldn't have said we would be excited. But wait, he said some of us would be excited.

Isn't this speculation fun??!!

plexi

Anybody planning your 2022 holidays yet? I'm going to make my plans later this week!

Lame. What a drama queen. Why not say that initially?

The date of the announcement may be a surprise, but with the Delta variant, a 2022 US tour announcement itself, is not.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 19, 2021 15:24

Tough crowd here!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 19, 2021 15:25

Matt1984

The big Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Joan Jett/Poison stadium tour did that a month or two ago. So it's not out of the question.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 19, 2021 15:33

Topi
Tough crowd here!

Sorry. I was getting excited about a possible 2021 announcement, not a 2022 one. Not The Stones, obviously, but at least I get to see The Black Crowes tomorrow and the next day. My first show since March 2020.

Date: July 19, 2021 15:36

Well, he did say some of us will be thrilled to bits winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 15:37 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 19, 2021 15:50

Topi
Well, he did say some of us will be thrilled to bits winking smiley

Other than the $50 charity bet I thought I won, and am now starting to fill out....
I would be thrilled to start planning (early) '22 at this point.

Have a number of smaller shows through the first week of Oct to both fine tune and initiate now. Had been waiting on a few and will be a bit relieved to fine tune the trips.

'22 is going to be an amazing year for the band. Can't wait!

Date: July 19, 2021 15:51

makemeburnthecandle

Nah, he’s a lovely gent with great info, if he’s not right every time I’d still cut him a lot of slack. Waiting to see what surprises Thursday brings. I shouldn’t tease people so often.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 15:52 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: July 19, 2021 16:02

Topi
Tough crowd here!

Absolutely. Ye of little faith.

Date: July 19, 2021 16:10

SomeTorontoGirl
makemeburnthecandle

Nah, he’s a lovely gent with great info, if he’s not right every time I’d still cut him a lot of slack. Waiting to see what surprises Thursday brings. I shouldn’t tease people so often.

Thank you STG.

Date: July 19, 2021 16:51

Silver Dagger

Thank you STG.

No good deed goes unpunished. Don’t let us twits get you down. smiling smiley

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 17:44

kovach
Matt1984

The big Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Joan Jett/Poison stadium tour did that a month or two ago. So it's not out of the question.

Yes bands announce tours sometimes over a year in advance. But usually not The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 17:57

Matt1984
kovach
Matt1984

Yes bands announce tours sometimes over a year in advance. But usually not The Rolling Stones.

This is highly unusual circumstances too though.

I would think once a decision was reached as to 2021 or 2022, it would make sense to go ahead and announce the new dates. Seems that decision may have been made to move the dates to 2022.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:16

I hope it’s 2022 rather than 21 as I’m banned from entering the USA for life this will give me more time to dig a tunnel under the border.

Nate hot smiley

Date: July 19, 2021 19:22

Nate
I hope it’s 2022 rather than 21 as I’m banned from entering the USA for life this will give me more time to dig a tunnel under the border.

Nate hot smiley

You must have been part of one of the Stones' legendary hellraising tours in the 70s and 80s in that case! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:28

I think it's more along the lines of an official announcement of the TY Deluxe Edition coming out....

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:28

Pure speculation - how about announcing US Tour spring 2022 and 5 O2 Arena shows for November. That would thrill me to Bits.

Date: July 19, 2021 19:32

VoodooLounge13
I think it's more along the lines of an official announcement of the TY Deluxe Edition coming out....

What would that have to do with 2022 holiday plans though? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 19:34 by Topi.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:41

Topi
VoodooLounge13

Absolutely nothing. I think SD is well off the charts thinking they'll announce something NOW for 2022 holidays......that is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ahead at their ages and with half the band having already fought bouts of cancer, Lord knows what could happen between now and then. Who knows the state that the world will be in even at that time.

Date: July 19, 2021 19:49

Topi
VoodooLounge13

smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 19, 2021 20:07

Silver Dagger
Nate

Nate hot smiley

You must have been part of one of the Stones' legendary hellraising tours in the 70s and 80s in that case! >grinning smiley<

Let’s just say I didn’t have a problem with drugs I had a problem with the cops smoking smiley

Nate

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 19, 2021 20:14

Looking forward to getting the dates so I can book a room in Vancouver and plan my trip.

Hoping it’s all about to happen. Fingers crossed for this Thursday.

Date: July 19, 2021 20:20

Nate
Silver Dagger
Nate

Nate hot smiley

Let’s just say I didn’t have a problem with drugs I had a problem with the cops smoking smiley

Nate

That’s all fine, we’ll and good. Just don’t piss anywhere, man.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: July 19, 2021 21:26

hockenheim95
Pure speculation - how about announcing US Tour spring 2022 and 5 O2 Arena shows for November. That would thrill me to Bits.

Mentioned this about 5 page ago . Still think this is the best option..

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 19, 2021 21:45

Topi
Tough crowd here!

I know, right? It's clear what our two leakers have let on to us, that they think they know. But nearly everybody on here is working to convince themselves, naw, they're not really saying that at all. A lot of defending against the fear of disappointment going on.

I'll grant that Covid Delta is doing its best to dash a lot of hopes around the world. And that vax rates in U.S. southern states aren't good. But a lot of big gatherings are going on regardless. And I find it not THAT implausible that the Stones are still going to forge ahead and tour this fall.

Here's a sense I've gotten that I wish I didn't, and that I very much hope is wrong:

I get a feeling the band is not just somewhat more concerned, but is considerably more worried about just how much longer we're gonna have Ronnie. Small cell carcinoma is bad stuff. It hides. You never know if your treatment has gotten it all, and it's known for coming back.

Reading the new interview with Ronnie, which yes I enjoyed, it read to me like he's a guy in more than just a bit of a hurry. The dude's very busy! Moved into London. Do we know why that is, btw? With children as young as his twins, that's not when most people are moving IN to the city... though I'll agree that a rock star isn't "most people."

We find out a Tattoo You Deluxe is coming. Great! I'm excited about that. Mick is working with Ronnie on it... no mention of Charlie, who also lives in England (or Keith, who doesn't). Are Ronnie's parts the priority?

Someone observed that Tattoo You is the next logical album to give the Deluxe treatment, it being their last great album; and I agree with that. It's also the 2nd most acclaimed Rolling Stones album Ronnie is on, after Some Girls, which has already been given the Deluxe-with-Bonus Disc treatment. All of the Stones are rich, but Ronnie is the least rich of the four. Releasing a Tattoo You Deluxe this year will give him a nice shot of income soon.

As will touring, if they can tour. Right now, Ronnie says in the interview, what he wants to do is get out there and play.

But it's not only Mick who has been over to the house and worked on music with Ronnie. So, too, have the last two other surviving members of Faces: Rod Stewart and Kenney Jones. The three of them (this amazed me) are working on NEW Faces music! Faces broke up in 1975... and I'm not sure if it even produced any new studio recordings after 1973.

That is a whole lot going on in one 70something's life, especially while he's been still recovering from cancer treatments.

Other than "you're now free and clear of cancer," we're probably not gonna know what else Ronnie's doctors are telling him. But all of this other news makes me wonder what that is. And if it's possibly been a factor in the Stones MAYBE having decided that time is so precious they're willing to take a few calculated risks this year in order to not sit out another season.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 19, 2021 21:59

Food for thought Blues. But we only have 3 days to wait.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...146147148149150151152153154155156...LastNext
Current Page: 151 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home