Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...145146147148149150151152153154155...LastNext
Current Page: 150 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: July 18, 2021 02:13

Since these hints were posted here in this thread thread, I hope they actually relate to the tour (whether it be for this year or next year). I hope they're not just hinting at the Tattoo You re-release.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 18, 2021 02:23

i'm starting to suspect that

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 18, 2021 02:34

Work on the new album continues... hopefully.

Hopefully? Not sure if it matters at this point for right now.

Ronnie and Mick work on 9 tracks for TATTOO YOU 40th. That is a bit foggy. What does that mean? Mick did some singing? Ronnie did some playing? Or they worked on some mixes.

Personally, no inside info whatsoever, no live Rolling Stones this year.

Thanks a lot, world.

Oh well.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 18, 2021 02:36

ProfessorWolf
come ooooooooon silver dagger give us something solid any little hint of more info something please this is unhuman torture

Yeah, SD, give us a glimmer!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 18, 2021 02:56

ProfessorWolf
come ooooooooon silver dagger give us something solid any little hint of more info something please this is unhuman torture

maybe inhuman torture. He evidently is enjoying seeing us get all excited, he and we just love the suspense.

plexi

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 18, 2021 22:23

ProfessorWolf

Yeah he doesn’t work for The Stones. I’m not sure what he does. Just spill the beans

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 18, 2021 22:57

I don’t think anyone would be wildly excited about a Tattoo You reissue or 2022 dates.

We know definitively that they have 2021 dates lined up and were waiting before deciding how to proceed (don’t know for sure what they were waiting on specifically before proceeding).

Based on what we know and SilverDagger’s comment, it is my full expectation of 2021 dates Thursday morning.

If it comes to pass with no announcement, the world will keep on turning smiling smiley.

The some of you will be excited comment could refer to people’s comfort level with attending shows, ability to book flights on relatively short notice, or possibly even COVID-19 requirements etc, could be any number of things.

I do not think that 2021 dates would be universally wildly exciting for Stones fan across the globe given the state of the world today (but wildly exciting for many smiling smiley)

Date: July 19, 2021 00:53

Dougratajczak87
I don’t think anyone would be wildly excited about a Tattoo You reissue or 2022 dates.

Eh... probably a lot of people look forward to a TATTOO YOU reissue.

Date: July 19, 2021 01:53

GasLightStreet
Dougratajczak87

Look forward to, yes, just like I would look forward to 2022 dates.

Wildly excited, that’d be a big stretch imo.

Which is why I think the phrasing matters.

We’ll see.

Date: July 19, 2021 02:02

Silver Dagger
SomeTorontoGirl
artedm
general thoughts seem to be waiting to see how things are going and the news in the last few days sadly looks bad for 2021.

1. Celine Dion just moved a 2021 tour starting August 16 to March 9th 2022.
[www.rollingstone.com]
2. Harry Styles pushed back some dates
[www.rollingstone.com]
3. New York Yankees baseball team postponing games.
4. Sounds like comedian Gabriel Iglesias who was vaccinated got Covid at a movie premiere on Monday and had to cancel some tour dates.
5. The Foo Fighters concert postponement this Saturday in LA.
6. Los Angeles County announced an order requiring all residents to wear masks in indoor public spaces. The order will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. this Saturday. The first concert at the new stadium in LA is this Saturday ending at 11pm.
7. In Las Vegas, Nevada- the state’s two-week positivity rate jumped to 10.9 percent. It has been steadily increasing since it hit a recent low of 3.3 percent on June 9. The number is more than double 5.0 percent, the benchmark recommended by the World Health Organization to prevent the spread of the virus.

This, and many of the other points above, are eroding my hope of a tour this year. Add to that, the Stones touring company is much bigger than most, from truckers, to crew and staff etc, making the the probability of a single case higher than others, and this will not impress the insurance companies. Hoping to be proven wrong. Get your jabs, please!

You will be.

This is the definitive post that it is in fact in reference to 2021 tour, to which later it was added that Thursday’s the day we should all be waiting for.

So please let’s stop with the possible upcoming announcement being a Tattoo You reissue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 02:03 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: July 19, 2021 02:48

Dougratajczak87
GasLightStreet
Dougratajczak87

Look forward to, yes, just like I would look forward to 2022 dates.

Wildly excited, that’d be a big stretch imo.

Which is why I think the phrasing matters.

We’ll see.

It will most likely be about TATTOO YOU, which could be a pretty big deal depending on the songs that are included, given what they left off SOME GIRLS deluxe, and planning a 2022 tour for a new album since things are going down the drain halfway through the summer and the year.

The Stones don't do ifs.

Just a hunch.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 19, 2021 03:06

If it is for rescheduled dates for this Fall 2021 - which seems highly doubtful given the circumstances (Delta, etc.), maybe they slashed a bunch of shows off the itinerary.
So many of the shows are in highly unvaccinated areas, is it possible they would narrow the tour down to three or four shows? Maybe five or six? Unlikely. Still thinking 2022 if at all, buy guess we'll find out one way or the other.
Interesting that bv hasn't chimed in on this new rumour/tease- the last he mentioned any tour was in the corona thread a couple of days ago where he said "In short, DELTA will slow any larger tours and crowds for a while".

Date: July 19, 2021 03:44

Thursdays have traditionally been the tour announcement day.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 19, 2021 05:01

If I buy a ticket now on Ticketmaster, will I be able to cancel the order if I have a conflict with the rescheduled date? I'm seeing some face value pit tix ($500 + fees), but I also have plans in September.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 05:04 by cyclist.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 05:06

cyclist
If I buy a ticket now, will I be able to cancel the order if I have a conflict with the rescheduled date? I'm seeing some face value pit tix, but I also have plans in September.

I doubt you'll be able to get a refund or cancel the order just because you have a conflict. Just like any concert or event. As I mentioned a few pages back, I bought tickets for Vancouver again when I heard there was going to be a major concert announcement for BC Place, which turned out to be Elton John. I realize the only way I'll get a refund is if Vancouver isn't included in an upcoming tour.
One thing I don't like is that the new tickets are all digital on your cell phone, no actual ticket like I got the first time before it got postponed. Also, you can't just take a screenshot to show at the gates because there is a moving bar that goes back and forth across the ticket.

Date: July 19, 2021 05:07

Thanks DGA.

Date: July 19, 2021 05:11

cyclist
If I buy a ticket now on Ticketmaster, will I be able to cancel the order if I have a conflict with the rescheduled date? I'm seeing some face value pit tix ($500 + fees), but I also have plans in September.

For the Stones tour specifically, yes, you’ll have 30 days from date of new date’s announcement to request a refund.

This is specifically for concerts that were postponed due to COVID and that a new date has not yet been announced.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 05:15 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: July 19, 2021 05:40

Thanks, Doug! Might have to pull the trigger for Tampa...

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 19, 2021 05:53

Dougratajczak87
cyclist

For the Stones tour specifically, yes, you’ll have 30 days from date of new date’s announcement to request a refund.

This is specifically for concerts that were postponed due to COVID and that a new date has not yet been announced.

The 2019 tour was postponed, too, for Mick's cardiac procedure. And after the rescheduled dates were announced we were able to refund our tickets if we wanted to. I did. After which I bought better tix.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 19, 2021 07:39

DGA35
cyclist
If I buy a ticket now, will I be able to cancel the order if I have a conflict with the rescheduled date? I'm seeing some face value pit tix, but I also have plans in September.

I doubt you'll be able to get a refund or cancel the order just because you have a conflict. Just like any concert or event. As I mentioned a few pages back, I bought tickets for Vancouver again when I heard there was going to be a major concert announcement for BC Place, which turned out to be Elton John. I realize the only way I'll get a refund is if Vancouver isn't included in an upcoming tour.
One thing I don't like is that the new tickets are all digital on your cell phone, no actual ticket like I got the first time before it got postponed. Also, you can't just take a screenshot to show at the gates because there is a moving bar that goes back and forth across the ticket.

DGA35, if you go to your Stones/Vancouver order details, do you see the "request a refund" link at this time?

Date: July 19, 2021 08:43

Dougratajczak87
Silver Dagger
SomeTorontoGirl
artedm
general thoughts seem to be waiting to see how things are going and the news in the last few days sadly looks bad for 2021.

1. Celine Dion just moved a 2021 tour starting August 16 to March 9th 2022.
[www.rollingstone.com]
2. Harry Styles pushed back some dates
[www.rollingstone.com]
3. New York Yankees baseball team postponing games.
4. Sounds like comedian Gabriel Iglesias who was vaccinated got Covid at a movie premiere on Monday and had to cancel some tour dates.
5. The Foo Fighters concert postponement this Saturday in LA.
6. Los Angeles County announced an order requiring all residents to wear masks in indoor public spaces. The order will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. this Saturday. The first concert at the new stadium in LA is this Saturday ending at 11pm.
7. In Las Vegas, Nevada- the state’s two-week positivity rate jumped to 10.9 percent. It has been steadily increasing since it hit a recent low of 3.3 percent on June 9. The number is more than double 5.0 percent, the benchmark recommended by the World Health Organization to prevent the spread of the virus.

This, and many of the other points above, are eroding my hope of a tour this year. Add to that, the Stones touring company is much bigger than most, from truckers, to crew and staff etc, making the the probability of a single case higher than others, and this will not impress the insurance companies. Hoping to be proven wrong. Get your jabs, please!

You will be.

This is the definitive post that it is in fact in reference to 2021 tour, to which later it was added that Thursday’s the day we should all be waiting for.

So please let’s stop with the possible upcoming announcement being a Tattoo You reissue.

Silver Dagger made the original post, but it was someone else who said Thursday.

plexi

Date: July 19, 2021 08:45

DGA35
cyclist

With Lucky Dips, you get an actual hard copy ticket.

plexi

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 10:24

2022 dates? I doubt the band would announce shows so far in advance these days.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 19, 2021 11:15

Matt1984

Not the exact dates - but maybe their postponement into 2022.

Date: July 19, 2021 12:04

Irix
Matt1984

if that's the case, Silver Dagger wouldn't have said we would be excited. But wait, he said some of us would be excited.

Isn't this speculation fun??!!

plexi

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 19, 2021 12:17

timbernardis
Irix
Matt1984

if that's the case, Silver Dagger wouldn't have said we would be excited. But wait, he said some of us would be excited.

plexi

Anybody planning your 2022 holidays yet? I'm going to make my plans later this week!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 19, 2021 12:30

Sure sounds like the US tour is getting pushed back to 2022. Which always was a realistic scenario.

(I know, I know, the 60th anniversary and everything, but I still think the postponed US tour with tickets already sold takes priority over anything planned beyond that.)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 19, 2021 12:30

timbernardis

But wait, he said some of us would be excited.

About 9 "new" Tracks .... winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 13:09

Silver Dagger
timbernardis
Irix
Matt1984

plexi

Anybody planning your 2022 holidays yet? I'm going to make my plans later this week!

Subtle winking smiley

Date: July 19, 2021 13:27

Silver Dagger
timbernardis
Irix
Matt1984

plexi

Thank you for the post above!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...145146147148149150151152153154155...LastNext
Current Page: 150 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home