Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...143144145146147148149150151152153...LastNext
Current Page: 148 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 16, 2021 04:13

jb

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 16, 2021 05:24

treaclefingers
Hairball
kv2915
The Foo Fighters just postponed their Sat show at the LA Forum due to a Covid infection within the Foos organization.

Wow...that sucks, and to think they went out of their way to hold that "vaccination only" gig in a small club a couple weeks ago.
Could be an antivaxxer within the Foo organization, and/or maybe someone with a counterfeit vaccine card...or maybe someone who IS vaccinated but the Delta virus won......
Whatever the case, a sad sign of the times...it ain't over...stay safe everyone whether vaccinated or not! Looking forward to seeing Los Lobos in October in a small theater, but even that might be in jeopardy...

The way the COVID numbers are increasing right now in the States, Fall 2021 is a pipe dream for a resumption of the stones tour.

And now there's things like this happening in the sports world...

NY Yankees-Boston Red Sox Game Postponed By Covid-19 Outbreak
Bruce Haring
Thu, July 15, 2021, 6:35 PM

Yanks

In yet another bad sign that the pandemic is far from over, tonight’s New York Yankees game against the Boston Red Sox was postponed by a Covid-19 outbreak. While getting ready for the first game after the midsummer All-Star break, the Yankees saw positive tests for pitchers Jonathan Loaisiga, Nestor Cortes, Jr. and Wandy Peralta derail those plans. All-Star rightfielder Aaron Judge, catcher Kyle Higashioka, and third baseman Gio Urshela were sidelined by being placed in the Covid-19 protocols after close contact. Tests for three other players are still pending, according to Yankees general manager Brian Cashman. He indicated he expects those to turn out positive.

For their part, the Red Sox have asked their All-Stars who were in Denver to undergo additional testing today after being told of Judge’s case. He was joined at the game by fellow Yankees Gerrit Cole and Aroldis Chapman. “It’s a fluid situation that could spread. It has spread to some degree,” Cashman said to ESPN. “We have three positives and we have three pending that we’ve had rapid tests on. … We’ll wait now for the lab tests to come back, which I’m assuming is going to be positive, as well. So that would increase our number to six, but we’re not at six yet. We’re at three confirmed.” All three pitchers were fully vaccinated, as are most Yankees players. “As of right now, everybody’s OK,” Cashman said.

Major League Baseball now has to decide whether to postpone Friday’s game as well. That would be the second of a scheduled four-game series. The Yankees-Red Sox postponement was the eighth Covid-19-related postponement this season, but the first in almost three months. Last year, 45 regular season games were postponed by the pandemic. Of those, two were not made up. The Yankees also suffered a Covid-19 outbreak in May among its coaching staff. Pitching coach Matt Blake, third-base coach Phil Nevin and first-base coach Reggie Willits were affected.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 16, 2021 06:06

Is silver dagger an insider? Sorry but I dont know.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 16, 2021 06:27

Just a few weeks ago when rumors were flying, covid numbers dropping and things were looking really good for a fall tour, I would have regarded this as great news as it relates to the tour. Despite what others think, I still think Canada opening up is/was a critical piece to an announcement.

Still good news (I miss Canada) and still potentially good news for a tour announcement, but with cases rising, no longer very optimistic.

Canada Might Open to Vaxxed Americans in Mid-August, Trudeau Says

Americans fully vaccinated against the coronavirus may be able to take non-essential trips to Canada starting mid-August, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday. Initially sluggish, Canada’s vaccination rate has picked up in recent weeks, and now the majority of the population is fully inoculated, as is the case in the U.S. Trudeau said that if vaccinations continue apace, the border will in all likelihood open to vaccinated Americans in August and to travelers from all countries in September.
[www.thedailybeast.com]

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: July 16, 2021 06:34

We're sorry for the delay, is everybody ready?

For the first time in three....uh...two years...

THE ROLLING STONES, THE ROLLING STONES!

cool smileyhot smiley

(I just wanted to say it)

As the Wilco song goes....what would we be without wishful thinking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-16 06:35 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: July 16, 2021 07:07

general thoughts seem to be waiting to see how things are going and the news in the last few days sadly looks bad for 2021.

1. Celine Dion just moved a 2021 tour starting August 16 to March 9th 2022.
[www.rollingstone.com]
2. Harry Styles pushed back some dates
[www.rollingstone.com]
3. New York Yankees baseball team postponing games.
4. Sounds like comedian Gabriel Iglesias who was vaccinated got Covid at a movie premiere on Monday and had to cancel some tour dates.
5. The Foo Fighters concert postponement this Saturday in LA.
6. Los Angeles County announced an order requiring all residents to wear masks in indoor public spaces. The order will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. this Saturday. The first concert at the new stadium in LA is this Saturday ending at 11pm.
7. In Las Vegas, Nevada- the state’s two-week positivity rate jumped to 10.9 percent. It has been steadily increasing since it hit a recent low of 3.3 percent on June 9. The number is more than double 5.0 percent, the benchmark recommended by the World Health Organization to prevent the spread of the virus.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 16, 2021 07:15

Very well written article on the subject of tours. Foo Fighters and Buckcherry have cancelled gigs due to Covid infections. Do we really think the insurance companies are going to risk tens of millions of dollars?

[www.metalsucks.net]

[www.metalsucks.net]

It seemed so simple: all we had to do was get vaccinated and live music would return. We’d go to shows feeling free and easy, jubilant with our fellow formerly cooped up concertgoers, bathing in the power of live music, FINALLY, reveling in the togetherness of it. For months the anticipation has been building as vaccination ramped up and tour announcements rolled out, one after the next, so many it felt overwhelming! An embarrassment of riches. Roaring ’20s, here we come!

Except we’ve @#$%& it up. The fall is going to be a disaster.

I hope you’re prepared for disappointment, because there are going to be a LOT of cancellations. They’ve already begun.

Vaccination rates are not where they need to be, with only 59% of those 18 years of age and older fully dosed in the U.S. And we are all going to pay the price.

“But I’m vaccinated,” I hear you say. “I’m protected, and if any unvaccinated fools want to risk getting Covid-19 inside a venue, that’s on them!”

And yes, that’s true. You’ll likely be fine. While those who are fully vaccinated can indeed contract Covid-19, all three vaccines are nearly 100% effective at preventing severe cases of the disease requiring hospitalization and death. If unvaccinated folks want to attend shows, it is (mostly) their own risk.

But consider this: all it’s going to take is one member of one band (or their crew) on a tour contracting Covid-19, and the entire tour will come crashing down. Canceled. Caput. Done.

By the time a band member starts showing symptoms, they’ll have been carrying the virus for days already, exposing not just their own band members, but everyone else on the tour. In vans, buses, green rooms, backstage areas, on stage.

We know how the virus spreads after nearly a year and a half of this. And you know bands will be interacting with fans — they won’t be cordoned off in a bubble — selling merch, doing meet and greets, chit-chatting, shit, just being in the same room carries risk. Fans will be bringing Covid-19 into venues.

And so too will band members become infected. And once that happens, it’s over. The entire tour package will have been exposed. No venue is going to want to allow that traveling germ-fest inside its walls, and the tour package will do the right thing and call it off anyway.

And then it’s a mandatory two weeks off. Which means, practically speaking, the entire tour will be off.

Very few bands can afford to stay out on the road not working for that long, burning money on gas, food, crew and accommodations to resume the tour in a completely different part of the country. If you’re Metallica and you can fly home and rest, no biggie… but if you’re a regular road-dog act, you’re screwed.

Let me say it one more time, as clearly as possible, for the cheap seats: if any one single band member gets Covid-19 while on tour, the entire tour will be canceled.

Even more troubling, recent anecdotal experience leads me to believe that vaccination rates among band members in the metal community are not high. The “@#$%& you, I won’t do what you tell me” streak is strong in this group, and for domestic touring within the U.S. no one is going to be enforcing it (traveling abroad is a different story). Band members are on their own to do the right thing, and the “@#$%& the government” attitude, coupled with feeling young and healthy with national Covid-19 rates low at the moment, is leading people in this demographic to delay.

What’s more, as we know, you can still get Covid if you’re vaccinated. It’s less likely that you’ll get it, and the symptoms will be much milder, but you can still contract it and pass it along to others. Which is to say that if you’re vaccinated, and you get Covid while on tour, the entire package is still @#$%&.

All this while Covid cases are again on the rise in the U.S., up 111% in the past 14 days, according to the New York Times. Much of that upswing has been driven by places with low vaccination rates, like Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana and Colorado. But even places with higher vaccination rates are seeing upticks, in part due to the high transmissibility of the Delta variant, currently the most dominant strain. Things won’t get as bad as last winter, that’s certain, but it could be bad enough to shut down events in some places, and if this happens in too many places it will become difficult or impossible to continue with a tour as routed.

This is my plea: band members who are reading this, PLEASE get vaccinated. It’s not worth the risk. Yes, the above scenarios could still play out even if 100% of a tour package is vaccinated, but it’s a whole lot less likely. Don’t make it your fault an entire tour has to come down because you were too selfish to get a shot. At least be able to say “I did everything I could to prevent this.”

Likewise, fans: get @#$%& vaccinated. The bands can’t do it without you keeping infection rates low in your area. The more areas there are with higher infection rates, the more likely it becomes that tours can’t happen to begin with. And the more likely it becomes that a band member will become infected while on tour.

I feel like I’m screaming into the void. Infection rates are rising just as touring is finally about to kick off en masse; they’re on a collision course and it’s not going to be pretty, and there’s little I or anyone can say or do to prevent it. We’ve been doing so well, so patient, and the moment is finally here! We still have time to turn it around, but the window is closing.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 16, 2021 09:00

daspyknows
It seemed so simple: all we had to do was get vaccinated and live music would return. We’d go to shows feeling free and easy, jubilant with our fellow formerly cooped up concertgoers, bathing in the power of live music, FINALLY, reveling in the togetherness of it. For months the anticipation has been building as vaccination ramped up and tour announcements rolled out, one after the next, so many it felt overwhelming! An embarrassment of riches. Roaring ’20s, here we come!

Upon reading what you said, all of it, it made my bones burn. For good reason.

I've heard on local (New Orleans) talk radio, and have read it: this is entirely preventable.

Anyone with a brain knows where it lies.

At least in regard to the United States - holy shit.

The politics, "news" media wise... except for Cucker Tarlson - he is not a journalist no matter what anyone says. Fake newsers like Cucker promote not getting vaxxed.

That's beyond brilliant: lose your very big chemtrail, Flat Earther, Orange Hoax fake president fan base. Astounding.

If it seems like 2020 was a warm up - certainly in fake news, fake opinions and fake results, it's really just too bad that... oh, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 16, 2021 09:28

More Hot Rocks
Is silver dagger an insider? Sorry but I dont know.

Silver Dagger's main claim to fame is that he recorded one of the '73 London gigs which was subsequently bootlegged and is now available everywhere including on You Tube.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 16, 2021 09:36

daspyknows
Very well written article on the subject of tours. Foo Fighters and Buckcherry have cancelled gigs due to Covid infections. Do we really think the insurance companies are going to risk tens of millions of dollars?

[www.metalsucks.net]

[www.metalsucks.net]

I hope you’re prepared for disappointment, because there are going to be a LOT of cancellations. They’ve already begun.

Vaccination rates are not where they need to be, with only 59% of those 18 years of age and older fully dosed in the U.S. And we are all going to pay the price.

“But I’m vaccinated,” I hear you say. “I’m protected, and if any unvaccinated fools want to risk getting Covid-19 inside a venue, that’s on them!”

And yes, that’s true. You’ll likely be fine. While those who are fully vaccinated can indeed contract Covid-19, all three vaccines are nearly 100% effective at preventing severe cases of the disease requiring hospitalization and death. If unvaccinated folks want to attend shows, it is (mostly) their own risk.

But consider this: all it’s going to take is one member of one band (or their crew) on a tour contracting Covid-19, and the entire tour will come crashing down. Canceled. Caput. Done.

By the time a band member starts showing symptoms, they’ll have been carrying the virus for days already, exposing not just their own band members, but everyone else on the tour. In vans, buses, green rooms, backstage areas, on stage.

We know how the virus spreads after nearly a year and a half of this. And you know bands will be interacting with fans — they won’t be cordoned off in a bubble — selling merch, doing meet and greets, chit-chatting, shit, just being in the same room carries risk. Fans will be bringing Covid-19 into venues.

And so too will band members become infected. And once that happens, it’s over. The entire tour package will have been exposed. No venue is going to want to allow that traveling germ-fest inside its walls, and the tour package will do the right thing and call it off anyway.

And then it’s a mandatory two weeks off. Which means, practically speaking, the entire tour will be off.

Very few bands can afford to stay out on the road not working for that long, burning money on gas, food, crew and accommodations to resume the tour in a completely different part of the country. If you’re Metallica and you can fly home and rest, no biggie… but if you’re a regular road-dog act, you’re screwed.

Let me say it one more time, as clearly as possible, for the cheap seats: if any one single band member gets Covid-19 while on tour, the entire tour will be canceled.

Even more troubling, recent anecdotal experience leads me to believe that vaccination rates among band members in the metal community are not high. The “@#$%& you, I won’t do what you tell me” streak is strong in this group, and for domestic touring within the U.S. no one is going to be enforcing it (traveling abroad is a different story). Band members are on their own to do the right thing, and the “@#$%& the government” attitude, coupled with feeling young and healthy with national Covid-19 rates low at the moment, is leading people in this demographic to delay.

What’s more, as we know, you can still get Covid if you’re vaccinated. It’s less likely that you’ll get it, and the symptoms will be much milder, but you can still contract it and pass it along to others. Which is to say that if you’re vaccinated, and you get Covid while on tour, the entire package is still @#$%&.

All this while Covid cases are again on the rise in the U.S., up 111% in the past 14 days, according to the New York Times. Much of that upswing has been driven by places with low vaccination rates, like Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana and Colorado. But even places with higher vaccination rates are seeing upticks, in part due to the high transmissibility of the Delta variant, currently the most dominant strain. Things won’t get as bad as last winter, that’s certain, but it could be bad enough to shut down events in some places, and if this happens in too many places it will become difficult or impossible to continue with a tour as routed.

This is my plea: band members who are reading this, PLEASE get vaccinated. It’s not worth the risk. Yes, the above scenarios could still play out even if 100% of a tour package is vaccinated, but it’s a whole lot less likely. Don’t make it your fault an entire tour has to come down because you were too selfish to get a shot. At least be able to say “I did everything I could to prevent this.”

Likewise, fans: get @#$%& vaccinated. The bands can’t do it without you keeping infection rates low in your area. The more areas there are with higher infection rates, the more likely it becomes that tours can’t happen to begin with. And the more likely it becomes that a band member will become infected while on tour.

I feel like I’m screaming into the void. Infection rates are rising just as touring is finally about to kick off en masse; they’re on a collision course and it’s not going to be pretty, and there’s little I or anyone can say or do to prevent it. We’ve been doing so well, so patient, and the moment is finally here! We still have time to turn it around, but the window is closing.

Daspy knows.

plexi

Date: July 16, 2021 12:11

Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

You mean, for next week.......

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 16, 2021 12:54

Manofwealthandtaste
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Yes. Some of you guys are going to be thrilled to bits.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2021 13:23

Silver Dagger
Manofwealthandtaste
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Well I hope it's a new studio album!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 16, 2021 13:35

Theyre finally gonna tell us what RMK stands for .....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 16, 2021 13:37

Rockman

I always thought that was "Richards, Mick & Keith"

Date: July 16, 2021 14:38

treaclefingers
Silver Dagger
Manofwealthandtaste
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Nope.

Date: July 16, 2021 14:44

Silver Dagger
treaclefingers
Silver Dagger
Manofwealthandtaste
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Nope.

Clearly...but that doesn't mean one can't hope.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 16, 2021 15:00

artedm
general thoughts seem to be waiting to see how things are going and the news in the last few days sadly looks bad for 2021.

[www.rollingstone.com]
[www.rollingstone.com]
4. Sounds like comedian Gabriel Iglesias who was vaccinated got Covid at a movie premiere on Monday and had to cancel some tour dates.
6. Los Angeles County announced an order requiring all residents to wear masks in indoor public spaces. The order will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. this Saturday. The first concert at the new stadium in LA is this Saturday ending at 11pm.
7. In Las Vegas, Nevada- the state’s two-week positivity rate jumped to 10.9 percent. It has been steadily increasing since it hit a recent low of 3.3 percent on June 9. The number is more than double 5.0 percent, the benchmark recommended by the World Health Organization to prevent the spread of the virus.

This, and many of the other points above, are eroding my hope of a tour this year. Add to that, the Stones touring company is much bigger than most, from truckers, to crew and staff etc, making the the probability of a single case higher than others, and this will not impress the insurance companies. Hoping to be proven wrong. Get your jabs, please!

Date: July 16, 2021 16:18

SomeTorontoGirl
artedm

[www.rollingstone.com]
[www.rollingstone.com]

This, and many of the other points above, are eroding my hope of a tour this year. Add to that, the Stones touring company is much bigger than most, from truckers, to crew and staff etc, making the the probability of a single case higher than others, and this will not impress the insurance companies. Hoping to be proven wrong. Get your jabs, please!

You will be.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 16, 2021 16:36

Adult (18+) Full Vaccination Rates in the Thirteen U.S. States Where The Stones' Fourteen 2020 Concerts Were Postponed, per the NYT's tracking

July 7    July 15   8-day change

NY       66.2%     67.1%    +0.9%

Minn   64.3%     64.9%    +0.6%

Calif    61.5%     62.4%    +0.9%

Penn   60.8%     61.5%    +0.7%

Mich   57.8%     58.5%    +0.7%

Flor     56.2%     57.1%    +0.9%

Ohio    55.7%     56.1%    +0.4%

KY        54.8%    55.4%    +0.6%

Texas  50.2%    53.9%    +3.7% (*)

NCar    51.9%    52.5%    +0.6%

MO      49.1%     49.6%    +0.5%

Tenn    47.1%     47.6%   +0.5%

GA       46.9%     47.4%    +0.5%

* Texas' 8-day jump in this data looks to me like a reporting artifact of some kind has artificially inflated it.

Pace of vaccinations, overall way down, is still all over the place. Projecting ahead, nationally or by state, presently is, unfortunately, mostly wild-assed guessing.

This state ranking btw also is fairly well reflective of the states' residents' average education levels. Unsurprisingly, since the resistence at play is resistence to medical science.

To the extent education level correlates to employment, it can sometimes supercede one's irrational politics in this area, of vaccination. A few pages back I reported that my diehard trumpist B-I-L (in NC) and trumpist 20something nephews (in CA and VA) were all determined to never get vaxxed. Which was true. However, the VA nephew is a nuclear propulsion engineer at the naval shipyard, and has been compelled to get vaxxed as a requirement of his employment. So now that trumpy nephew is vaxxed after all. (He's either furious smiling smiley, or secretly relieved somebody is protecting him and those around him from himself. I couldn't say which.)

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 16, 2021 16:48

GasLightStreet
The politics, "news" media wise... except for Cucker Tarlson - he is not a journalist no matter what anyone says.

You're correct, i don't think his show is billed as news, it's an Op-Ed show, just like Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon.

There are very few pure news shows on the 24 hour news channels unfortunately.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 16, 2021 17:31

Silver Dagger

You will be.

Oh, you tease!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 16, 2021 17:46

President Biden will very soon be making an announcement regarding lifting travel restrictions between Europe and the USA.

Nate

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 16, 2021 18:23

Silver Dagger
SomeTorontoGirl
artedm

[www.rollingstone.com]
[www.rollingstone.com]

You will be.

hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 16, 2021 19:02

Perhaps they plan on doing a virtual tour!!! Broadcast at drive-ins.......

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 16, 2021 21:06

Silver Dagger
SomeTorontoGirl
artedm

[www.rollingstone.com]
[www.rollingstone.com]

You will be.

Are you saying they’ll tour the US this year?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 16, 2021 22:01

treaclefingers
Rockman

I always thought that was "Richards, Mick & Keith"

I wonder if anyone has actually asked that question to Mick or Keith? I always thought it was remake or Robin Klein's initials, not sure what the middle name is.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 16, 2021 22:22

treaclefingers
Silver Dagger
treaclefingers
Silver Dagger
Manofwealthandtaste
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Nope.

Charlie has new color socks?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: July 16, 2021 22:31

shattered
treaclefingers
Silver Dagger
treaclefingers
Silver Dagger
Manofwealthandtaste
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Nope.

Charlie has new color socks?
Thursday.....

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 16, 2021 22:35

Thursday what?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...143144145146147148149150151152153...LastNext
Current Page: 148 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2093