Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...142143144145146147148149150151152...LastNext
Current Page: 147 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 13, 2021 08:11

glimmertwinz
OK so has anybody have any more facts/rumours re the potential tour?

It's very, very quiet. Nothing seems to be happening information wise through the Stones channels.

Ticketmaster though has the new dates ready to go (and have for a while) in their system and can put the new shows up within hours of being given the go ahead. No one is leaking the dates. They appear to be top secret.

A while ago the rumor was they would announce no later than the end of next week. But that seems fluid and could have changed. Mick is back in London, maybe it's a good sign that whatever they're waiting for to happen is close to happening. Or maybe he just wanted to go to Wembley. Anyway, the news this week is that its so quiet, people are talking about the quietness.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-14 12:24 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 13, 2021 19:08

You see GG24, BV was right in what he posted yesterday. A possible announcement one month before the tour starts.

plexi

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: July 15, 2021 02:53

I believe they will tour, najority of the 2020 itinerary this fall. They've done similar tours in years past in Oct, Nov in USA. And agree with you.. announcement 4-6 weeks tops.. and on the road. Garth just made quick announcement and tours to large stadiums, Clapton is touring. Van Morrison touring.. Stones will.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 15, 2021 03:57

FloridaStoner
I believe they will tour, najority of the 2020 itinerary this fall. They've done similar tours in years past in Oct, Nov in USA. And agree with you.. announcement 4-6 weeks tops.. and on the road. Garth just made quick announcement and tours to large stadiums, Clapton is touring. Van Morrison touring.. Stones will.

Wayne and Garth are touring? Excellent!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 15, 2021 04:17

Well the predictable surge in the plague is currently taking place in the USA and shows no sign of abating especially given the increasingly entrenched quasi political views of those who are not currently vaccinated. So...don't hold your breath. Or maybe more appropriately, do hold your breath, especially in crowded public places. Things are not getting any better on the virus front, in fact are getting much worse.

If they didn't follow through on their tour last time because of health concerns, they sure are not going to now. Though possibly now people just might be complacent enough to actually be willing to risk contact with maskless, only possibly vaccinated, crowds. Possibly to their mortal peril.

jb

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 15, 2021 04:36

The Foo Fighters just postponed their Sat show at the LA Forum due to a Covid infection within the Foos organization.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2021 05:12

kv2915
The Foo Fighters just postponed their Sat show at the LA Forum due to a Covid infection within the Foos organization.

Wow...that sucks, and to think they went out of their way to hold that "vaccination only" gig in a small club a couple weeks ago.
Could be an antivaxxer within the Foo organization, and/or maybe someone with a counterfeit vaccine card...or maybe someone who IS vaccinated but the Delta virus won......
Whatever the case, a sad sign of the times...it ain't over...stay safe everyone whether vaccinated or not! Looking forward to seeing Los Lobos in October in a small theater, but even that might be in jeopardy...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 15, 2021 05:46

Hairball
kv2915

Wow...that sucks, and to think they went out of their way to hold that "vaccination only" gig in a small club a couple weeks ago.
Could be an antivaxxer within the Foo organization, and/or maybe someone with a counterfeit vaccine card...or maybe someone who IS vaccinated but the Delta virus won......
Whatever the case, a sad sign of the times...it ain't over...stay safe everyone whether vaccinated or not! Looking forward to seeing Los Lobos in October in a small theater, but even that might be in jeopardy...

The way the COVID numbers are increasing right now in the States, Fall 2021 is a pipe dream for a resumption of the stones tour.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: July 15, 2021 05:55

I've thought for a long time that USA 2021 would happen...but I'm now starting to think it might not with an increase in Covid cases...but we shall see.

It just makes me doubly glad I went to the effort of going to Miami....

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 15, 2021 07:33

I was really hopeful a month ago. This Foos thing crushes my dream.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 15, 2021 16:09

US tour in 2021 or 2022? I know they have contracts, etc., but with the Delta variant, the band’s age, and the possible 60th anniversary shows in the UK, looks like it’s getting tougher to make it happen in the next year or so. At this point, scrap the No Filter theme, and make the UK/US shows all 60th anniversary shows in 2022, if covid is in better control. Thoughts?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 15, 2021 16:53

kv2915

[twitter.com]

Date: July 15, 2021 17:04

FredStones
NashvilleBlues

FFS! >>> [iorr.org]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 15, 2021 18:45

The Delta variant is no joke, and even people fully vaccinated are coming down with COVID. Combine with the slacked protocols, and people fed up with being under lockdown, and I just don't see the US being under control anytime soon. Here in CT our numbers have now spiked to a 6-week high...

The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Date: July 15, 2021 18:51

If this tour ever happens, I will be at the Nashville show. If anybody else is there, I’d like to meet you guys.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 15, 2021 19:05

NashvilleBlues

At this point, scrap the No Filter theme, and make the UK/US shows all 60th anniversary shows in 2022, if covid is in better control. Thoughts?

Maybe 3 UK-Shows for the 60th Anniversary in 2022 (like 2013), directly after that the postponed US-Tour and then in 2023 a Tour of Europe (60th Anniversary of the Band, Charlie's Band-membership and 1st UK-Single).

Date: July 15, 2021 19:06

Another tour impacted by the COVID uncertainty:

Harry Styles Announces Rescheduled ‘Love On Tour’ 2021 Dates

By: Sarah Pittman
7/14/2021

[www.pollstar.com]

Combined US/UK 60th Anniversary Tour?
Date: July 15, 2021 18:55

After things were looking like they were trending in a positive direction, things have seemed to reverse course. Do you think they would combine the US and the UK tours and call them the 60th anniversary tour? Would the US leg come first?

Re: Combined US/UK 60th Anniversary Tour?
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 15, 2021 19:12

NashvilleBlues
After things were looking like they were trending in a positive direction, things have seemed to reverse course. Do you think they would combine the US and the UK tours and call them the 60th anniversary tour? Would the US leg come first?

There is not going to be anything like that. Besides, the world doesn't only exist of US and UK ...
Don't forget that, no forgetting many other countries, Germany, Belgium and the Nethetlands together hold far more Rolling Stones fans than the UK cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 15, 2021 19:48

That Foo Fighters tweet is rather vague. Did the member of the organization get sick or just test positive? Hopefully the latter but, yes, it's concerning (and ironic), especially what with all the emphasis they've placed on "safe" shows.

Regarding the Stones, as we all know they travel with a huge crew, they are all surrounded by hundreds of people, flying into different geographical locations with different and evolving restrictions and case levels. Even under the most careful and stringent protocols, they are old, taking various medications, and as we have seen, there are no guarantees even if vaccinated. If I was Mick, it would be a no brainer.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 15, 2021 20:02

Irix
NashvilleBlues

At this point, scrap the No Filter theme, and make the UK/US shows all 60th anniversary shows in 2022, if covid is in better control. Thoughts?

Maybe 3 UK-Shows for the 60th Anniversary in 2022 (like 2013), directly after that the postponed US-Tour and then in 2023 a Tour of Europe (60th Anniversary of the Band, Charlie's Band-membership and 1st UK-Single).

This seems possible to me.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 15, 2021 22:14

Get ready everyone.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 15, 2021 23:00

Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

I hope this means what I think it might mean cool smiley

Nate

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 16, 2021 00:51

Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

For wild excitement or crushing disappointment?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 16, 2021 00:59

SomeTorontoGirl
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Wild excitement.

Date: July 16, 2021 01:19

Thanks SD! Best “news” I’ve heard in a while. May the good Lord shine a light on our spectacular band and their faithful and loyal fans!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 16, 2021 02:40

Silver Dagger
SomeTorontoGirl
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Wild excitement.

Hey, these days I'll happily grasp onto the flimsiest, vaguest scrap of hope anyone tosses out. Even if unfounded, if only for a brief change of pace from the Doom And Gloom on here lately.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 16, 2021 03:06

Silver Dagger
SomeTorontoGirl
Silver Dagger
Get ready everyone.

Wild excitement.

I’M READY!!!!!!!!!! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Date: July 16, 2021 03:18

Agreed.. unfortunately to all. The last show just might turn out to have occurred, Miami 2019. With all the main and over 75.. charlie 80.. and family time fades each day.. the tour may never be. This will be the last rime.. sad.

Date: July 16, 2021 03:22

smileys with beersmileys with beercool smiley I hope excitement

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...142143144145146147148149150151152...LastNext
Current Page: 147 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home