Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...141142143144145146147148149150151...LastNext
Current Page: 146 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 10, 2021 01:59

When the Stones announce tour plans, can we all promise not to debate covid anymore?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 10, 2021 02:07

TheBluesHadaBaby
spikenyc
3 friends of mine that attended the Peach Festival last weekend in Scranton PA have tested positive. They were all vaccinated and are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms.
They were no masks or covid protocols in place for the weekend.

Two questions:

What was the rate of full vaccination for Scranton and its surrounding county? (Pick but specify your measure: full population, age 12+, or age 18+) Get that to 70 or 75%, and infection falls way, way down.

Were the three fully vaccinated? If not, they were still highly vulnerable. Hopefully they were fully vaxxed. If so, yes, you still CAN catch covid, especially Delta which is almost twice as infectious. But none of the 3 should require hospitalization, much less die. Virtually no one is dying of covid in America anymore EXCEPT the unvaccinated. (One vaccinated person did die of it: a lung transplant recipient.) In short, if you're fully vaccinated, you're almost assured of not dying of covid. And "almost assured" is as good as we're ever going to get with such a vicious virus.

I have no clue about vaccine rates for Scranton or the price of tea in China! >grinning smiley<
My friends have been fully vaccinated since March. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-10 02:08 by spikenyc.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 02:25

Rokyfan
GlimmerGirl24
stickyfingers101

I also promise you there are plenty of insurance companies that would underwrite a Stones Tour if they went out tomorrow....guaranteed.

somebody underwrote Clapton and Bruce and Gn'R....there is money to be made and the insurance companies know it.

it's the Stones that are waiting...and that is their right. I have no problem w/ free-choice.

Besides, if we're gonna blame "the unvaccinated" for the lack of a Stones Tour, that's fine w/ me....as long as we give a big heaping slice of Blame Pie to the Wuhan Lab for starting this whole mess in the first place...or at least to the gnarly, unsanitary conditions of funky Chinese wet-markets, if you prefer that theory...

we'd have no "unvaccinated" if it wasn't for the Lab/Market/Whatever Theory You Like Better where all this crap began.....

Blame Pie! Because everybody likes blaming others.....and pie!

The issue isn't that insurance companies aren't trampling each other to insure tours, the issue is the promoters have changed the terms for the postponed 2020 tours. GnR is one of the bands that have agreed to a new contract which passes more of the financial risk onto the artist. Part of the new terms that Live Nation is insisting upon is:

"Force Majeure: If the artist’s performance is canceled due to an event of force majeure – including a pandemic similar to Covid-19 – the promoter will not pay the artist its fee. The artist is responsible for obtaining any cancellation insurance for its performance."

Live Nation has also cut guarantees by 20%. Additional new terms: if a venue cannot be used at full capacity because of venue/government orders, Live Nation can cancel the concert and the artist must return any money Live Nation has paid. In the past if a show was canceled for slow sales, the artist received 100% of the guarantee, now it's 25%. If the artist cancels a concert in breach of the contract, the artist owes Live Nation two times its fee.

[variety.com]

Over at AEG, they have also renegotiated and the changes include: “all deals in 2020 will be renegotiated regardless if they went on sale before the start of the crisis,” and that where a show was less than 90% sold out the guaranteed artist fee will be reduced “25% to 50% of original all-in guarantee based on sales before postponement.”

[www.musicradar.com]

Not only are bands paying the costs for insurance, they are now taking at least a 20% guarantee cut and in certain instances, the guarantee may drop to somewhere between zero and 25%. A band that experiences virus cancellations or slow ticket sales, could have their profit margin cut drastically.

While the Stones may have more negotiating power than other bands, AEG still may be passing on more of the financial risk than the Stones are willing to agree to, especially considering many of the concerts are in states with less than impressive vaccination rates.

In other words, he is correct . . . there is no inability to get insurance, that has nothing to do with the Stones not deciding what to do, as you stated was the current state of their thinking. Probably accurately since your connection to people with actual knowledge is well known. if and when they decide to resume touring, they will do so..

An ability to purchase insurance doesn't necessarily mean the price of the policy is reasonable or that the policy is desirable. If the promoters have rewritten their contracts for tours to share the risks with the artists, the insurance companies most likely have to.

The Stones business model for touring for the past forty years has been to place as much of the costs as they can on someone else. We haven't considered sponsors. Do sponsors want to have their logo stamped all over a tour that could be a virus mega spreader?

While the Stones themselves could control their environment to lower their risk of catching the virus, they would be taking on a substantial financial risk. A crew member testing positive could quarantine the entire tour, venue capacity could change and require canceling shows. That the Stones haven't yet postponed to next year seems to indicate they want to make it work, but the more we learn about Delta has me thinking they're less likely to take on the financial risk for this year. Southern Missouri is raging with the Delta variant, it can't have escaped the Stones that Branson is located there and has been operating as there isn't a pandemic.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 10, 2021 03:10

stickyfingers101
TheBluesHadaBaby
For those who hide in a shack in the woods like a unibomber and never interact with another soul, fine, don't get vaxxed if you don't want to, nobody gives a f**k.

Everybody else, though, you're part of human society, like it or not. A global pandemic is killing millions, science has come up with a way to stop it, and if you refuse to help, then you are one of the people enabling the virus to continue infecting people, to keep mutating, and to continue killing people.

One's right to freely swing one's fists around ends where the next person's nose begins, is how I've always understood personal freedom. We all have responsibilities to help look out for each other's health and safety. But vaccination refuseniks are totally rejecting that paradigm.

If in August the U.S. had 70%, 75%+ of the adult population vaccinated, something physically very possible if people cooperated, then Covid Delta wouldn't stand a chance and we'd not be looking any possibilities of broad outbreaks this fall.

We'd also have a Rolling Stones North American tour starting late August or early September.

But those vax rates clearly aren't happening anytime soon, if ever, in America's Red States, due to obstinance and defiance that serve no real purpose and are causing only harm to the whole country, and beyond.

punching OTHER people in the face is illegal.

refusing to put medicine in YOUR OWN BODY is not.

unfortunate that you cannot accept that people have the right to choose what to put in their own body IRRESPECTIVE of how it affects you....

I agree that some of the consequences of FREE CHOICE are unpleasant...oh well.

I like having the right to choose what medicine goes in my body and what doesn't.

My Body, My Choice.

Besides...Corona is basically only killing the "defiant" Red State Unvaccinated now...you should be happy, since you clearly hate them.

[www.cnn.com]

Many women say that too but the same people who say my body my choice don't respect that.

If it happens to the unvaccinated it happens. Less concerned about them than the children who can't get vaccinated yet and may catch it and get very sick or die.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 10, 2021 04:02

How many children have gotten very sick or died in the US from COVID? Not many I think.

As for Branson, the situation there — full crowds of unmasked people- is what now prevails throughout the US at concerts sporting events, packed subways etc.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 10, 2021 04:18

a few hundred in the US and 1300 in Brazil as of a few months ago. That's doesn't seem like too many unless it is one of your kids.

[www.hopkinsmedicine.org]

[www.bbc.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: July 10, 2021 04:28

daspyknows
a few hundred in the US and 1300 in Brazil as of a few months ago. That's doesn't seem like too many unless it is one of your kids.

[www.hopkinsmedicine.org]

[www.bbc.com]

Says the BBC.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2021 05:22

Adams
spikenyc
I was going to post this in the Covid thread but probably has more relevance in this thread presently.

3 friends of mine that attended the Peach Festival last weekend in Scranton PA have tested positive.
They were all vaccinated and are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms.

We still need to be vigilant.
I have a feeling some of these upcoming tours and Fests might be postponed again.
Not holding my breath for a 2021 Stones tour.

That's why all events should be for vaccinated only at the moment. At least current knowledge is that there is a less chance of a spread between people who are fully vaccinated. Screw people who demonstrate for what they think is freedom.

Stupid Trumpists.

plexi

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 10, 2021 05:39

timbernardis
Adams
spikenyc
I was going to post this in the Covid thread but probably has more relevance in this thread presently.

3 friends of mine that attended the Peach Festival last weekend in Scranton PA have tested positive.
They were all vaccinated and are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms.

We still need to be vigilant.
I have a feeling some of these upcoming tours and Fests might be postponed again.
Not holding my breath for a 2021 Stones tour.

That's why all events should be for vaccinated only at the moment. At least current knowledge is that there is a less chance of a spread between people who are fully vaccinated. Screw people who demonstrate for what they think is freedom.

Stupid Trumpists.

plexi

Totally agree

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 05:42

DeanGoodman
When the Stones announce tour plans, can we all promise not to debate covid anymore?

Amen to that, Dean.

Date: July 10, 2021 06:09

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
Adams
In the autumn we might expect covid surges not touring.
I don't think it is somebody's business if they get vaccinated or not. If people don't get vaccinated they help the virus to mutate, they help the virus to spread, they also block hospitals from normal operations.
Someone who thinks otherwise is rather shortsighted to put it mildly.

smileys with beer Stated very well. I would add selfish to shortsighted too.

sure...I'd add that word too...not as an insult, though.

Maybe you disagree, but IMO, people 100% have the right to be "selfish" about what they put in their body....or what they don't..

it's not against the law to refuse the Vax...so, it doesn't matter what the consequences are OR if it is a "shortsighted" decision....it's a FREE choice made by a FREE individual in a FREE society....

Go Freedom!

Besides, if I don't choose what medicines to take (or not)....who should? The gov't?

No thank you.

I got the Vax...After conversations w/ my doctor, I did it for ME and MY family...b/c it was the best decision for ME and MY family....if that flattens the curve or keeps others safe in the process....all the better....but I don't take medicines because OTHER people want me to....

Sorry. No.

My Body, My Choice.

Me, me, me.

plexi

Date: July 10, 2021 07:42

DeanGoodman

When the Stones announce tour plans, can we all promise not to debate set lists anymore?

plexi

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 10, 2021 07:49

timbernardis
DeanGoodman

When the Stones announce tour plans, can we all promise not to debate set lists anymore?

plexi

I'm in! I'm tired of arguing. I'd even buy those I've argued with a beer if I ran into them on the tour

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 10, 2021 10:23

kovach
timbernardis
DeanGoodman

plexi

I'm in! I'm tired of arguing. I'd even buy those I've argued with a beer if I ran into them on the tour

Lots of people on here are now going to start arguments with you grinning smileysmileys with beer

Nate

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 10, 2021 17:09

People don't pass wind on an elevator. (at least they shouldn't)
I don't defecate on peoples lawns.
I flush the toilet because I want the next person to have fresh water.
If we do any of the things I listed above, we would be banned from our friends and family events because of our rudeness, DESPITE the fact nobody will die from ANY of the actions I just mentioned.

I understand the my body, my choice to take medicine idea. Here's the thing: Go ahead, if all it effects is YOU and your potential health outcome. If you don't want to take the vaccine? Fine with me, as long as you stay home...or at least wear a mask. (You car has brakes, doesn't it? I know you have no plans to plow into me but you take the precautions, right?)

Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 10, 2021 17:35

Let's hope the tour happens. And we can get back to arguing with people who are mistaken and don’t see that “Miss You” has been horribly overplayed. thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-10 19:46 by bam.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 10, 2021 17:49

Please do NOT use this thread for general covid-19 discussions, or vaccine politics. There is a separate thread dedicated to covid-19:

Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2021 20:32

spikenyc
TheBluesHadaBaby
spikenyc
3 friends of mine that attended the Peach Festival last weekend in Scranton PA have tested positive. They were all vaccinated and are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms.

Two questions:

What was the rate of full vaccination for Scranton and its surrounding county? (Pick but specify your measure: full population, age 12+, or age 18+) Get that to 70 or 75%, and infection falls way, way down.

Were the three fully vaccinated? If not, they were still highly vulnerable. Hopefully they were fully vaxxed. If so, yes, you still CAN catch covid, especially Delta which is almost twice as infectious. But none of the 3 should require hospitalization, much less die. Virtually no one is dying of covid in America anymore EXCEPT the unvaccinated. (One vaccinated person did die of it: a lung transplant recipient.) In short, if you're fully vaccinated, you're almost assured of not dying of covid. And "almost assured" is as good as we're ever going to get with such a vicious virus.

I have no clue about vaccine rates for Scranton or the price of tea in China! >grinning smiley<
My friends have been fully vaccinated since March. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your friends, but luckily they were vaccinated and are only having mild to moderate symptoms.

If fully vaccinated people catch the coronavirus with little to no symptoms, I'm assuming the virus can still mutate into new variants within them.
Some in the media have called the unvaccinated "factories" and "breeding grounds" for variants, but seems even if vaccinated the virus can live on and evolve.
Could be one of the many reasons why the WHO chief scientist recently said "this is really not the time for us to encourage a lot of social mixing, to encourage mass events", i.e. Rolling Stones stadium concerts .
To be in a massive stadium with people who are vaccinated and others who are unvaccinated doesn't sound too appealing right now, but if all were vaccinated I suppose it would be quite a bit safer.
Yet there's still the risk as the vaccinated can carry it and spread it, and then there's some who are unvaccinated that will have the counterfeit proof of vaccination cards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-10 20:34 by Hairball.

Date: July 10, 2021 21:36

thumbs up

Sockers56
DeanGoodman

Amen to that, Dean.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: July 10, 2021 21:44

bam
Let's hope the tour happens. And we can get back to arguing with people who are mistaken and don’t see that “Miss You” has been horribly overplayed. thumbs down

Seriously. If Mick isn't going to fully commit to the "WHATSAMATTA WIT CHOO BOOOOOY?" line, there's no point in even playing the song.

Date: July 11, 2021 00:47

Nate
kovach
timbernardis
DeanGoodman

plexi

Lots of people on here are now going to start arguments with you grinning smileysmileys with beer

Nate

Good one. smileys with beer

I'll be disquised as Keith Richards, good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-11 06:21 by kovach.

Date: July 11, 2021 06:30

kovach
Nate
kovach
timbernardis
DeanGoodman

plexi

Nate

Good one. smileys with beer

I'll be disquised as Keith Richards, good luck.

Open letter to Daspyknows, you've been a good sparring partner, no hard feelings, I've seen the Stones in your part of the country, got a lot of friends there, would gladly shake your hand and buy drinks and agree to disagree. Doubt we'll ever meet but it's an open invitation.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: July 12, 2021 02:15

What even is this thread anymore? I feel like it should get locked until there is a tour announcement. It's fun to check in for news and rumours about the tour, but it's turned into a bit of a circus... and not a rock n roll circus.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: July 12, 2021 10:11

I totally agree. All I want is rumours of dates ,venues and cities.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: July 12, 2021 18:52

OK so has anybody have any more facts/rumours re the potential tour?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 12, 2021 19:18

I think they will wait out the situation for still 2-4 weeks. It is very quiet on the rumors front. I assume they have a go / no-go date approx four weeks before tour start, so they need to announce by mid August at the latest, otherwise it will be hard to tour the colder places this year. I will post more in the covid-19 thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 12, 2021 20:09

Received the Jason Isbell & 400 Unit tour announcement today, they got a gazillion dates but the one of interest is they are playing in Canada (Fredericton) Sept. 17th, which may bode well for "other" bands Canada dates

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 12, 2021 23:06

snoopy2
Received the Jason Isbell & 400 Unit tour announcement today, they got a gazillion dates but the one of interest is they are playing in Canada (Fredericton) Sept. 17th, which may bode well for "other" bands Canada dates

smileys with beer
Sitting on tix for Vancouver and Seattle (rescheduled to Mar. '22)

Flying in a few weeks to catch them (Lucinda Williams opening) in Austin for three shows!
Can't wait.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 13, 2021 05:30

I have never seen them but will at this festival 10 minutes from my house. The band on the bill I really want to see is Neal Francis, who's record and vibe seems direct from 1970-1972.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 13, 2021 07:10

snoopy2

Jason... holy crap. He has a VOICE. And he belts it when necessary. He's an exceptional musician and songwriter.

He is proof that what has already been said can not only be bettered but can be original. The whole "8 chords" trip.

Bullshit.

He has transcended.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...141142143144145146147148149150151...LastNext
Current Page: 146 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home