Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...138139140141142143144145146147148...LastNext
Current Page: 143 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 7, 2021 16:18

NashvilleBlues
Hairball
bv
There is a 10% chance you still get Covid-19 even if you are vaccinated. Some get it mild, others who are vaccinated get serious flu-like illness lasting for 1-2 weeks. The Rolling Stones are not like a football team, where you may replace a band member with covid-19 with another person on the same position. They don't have any extra Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie on the bench. They know it, insurance companies know it, management know it, doctors know it.

The vaccination rate is not really sufficient in some areas, and Delta is on the rise. Shares of BioNTech were down 5.3% as of 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday. Meanwhile, shares of Moderna were slipping 2.7%, because the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech appears to be less effective against the Delta variant.

I would rather wait a few months more, making sure Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie are safe vs covid-19, also everyone else of the large portion of fans being at risk, mind you we are not teenagers most of us anymore.

Everybody want to get on a new tour, but the pandemic is not over yet.

Wondering if the Stones the only band left that had to postpone, yet have still made no announcement regarding a reschedule or cancellation? Seems every other band I can think of have either rescheduled (sometimes twice) or ultimately canceled. I realize the Stones are unique in many ways given their age, Ronnie's health, the insurance problems, visa problems, etc., etc., etc., but wondering what will be the absolute deciding factor for them to decide whether to move forward or to throw in the towel. Doesn't seem likely the pandemic is going to suddenly disappear any time soon - in fact things seem to be getting worse again in the US with new variants mutating, and even talk of reinstating mask mandates and other restrictions. With all that in the news, can't imagine the tour will go forward this fall, but maybe by next spring/summer things will start to look a bit better.

Pearl Jam have not rescheduled their US dates yet, either.

Can't imagine thinking the bands that have rescheduled (sometimes twice!) or ultimately cancelled is somehow a good thing confused smiley

The Stones (and apparently Pearl Jam) are smarter than that, clearly.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2021 16:37

crholmstrom
timbernardis
In 2019, they toured late June til the end of August during the hottest part of the summer, the dog days of summer.

plexi

The weather was so perfect for the show & the days around it in Seattle that the band stayed in town an extra day.

That was an amazing day. I think I saw photos of Ronnie visiting the Museum of Pop Culture...was the same day we visited. Sorry I missed him!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 7, 2021 17:14

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
timbernardis
In 2019, they toured late June til the end of August during the hottest part of the summer, the dog days of summer.

plexi

The weather was so perfect for the show & the days around it in Seattle that the band stayed in town an extra day.

That was an amazing day. I think I saw photos of Ronnie visiting the Museum of Pop Culture...was the same day we visited. Sorry I missed him!

For several reasons, my favorite show of the tour.
The magnificent setting, scoring my kid and his wife LD pit tix (they were blown away), to Mick strolling out the ramp to be amongst "the twelves" and all the other local banter..., to the setlist.
Best Seattle show ever.

The "VIP" poster as opposed to the Pop Culture Museum (which I will always refer to as it's original The Hendrix Museum name) poster was fantastic.
Bought several via eBay etc and framed as x-mas gifts for friends/family that attended.

The Emerald City never looked better smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 17:17 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 7, 2021 19:41

MisterDDDD
NashvilleBlues
Hairball
bv
There is a 10% chance you still get Covid-19 even if you are vaccinated. Some get it mild, others who are vaccinated get serious flu-like illness lasting for 1-2 weeks. The Rolling Stones are not like a football team, where you may replace a band member with covid-19 with another person on the same position. They don't have any extra Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie on the bench. They know it, insurance companies know it, management know it, doctors know it.

The vaccination rate is not really sufficient in some areas, and Delta is on the rise. Shares of BioNTech were down 5.3% as of 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday. Meanwhile, shares of Moderna were slipping 2.7%, because the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech appears to be less effective against the Delta variant.

I would rather wait a few months more, making sure Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie are safe vs covid-19, also everyone else of the large portion of fans being at risk, mind you we are not teenagers most of us anymore.

Everybody want to get on a new tour, but the pandemic is not over yet.

Wondering if the Stones the only band left that had to postpone, yet have still made no announcement regarding a reschedule or cancellation? Seems every other band I can think of have either rescheduled (sometimes twice) or ultimately canceled. I realize the Stones are unique in many ways given their age, Ronnie's health, the insurance problems, visa problems, etc., etc., etc., but wondering what will be the absolute deciding factor for them to decide whether to move forward or to throw in the towel. Doesn't seem likely the pandemic is going to suddenly disappear any time soon - in fact things seem to be getting worse again in the US with new variants mutating, and even talk of reinstating mask mandates and other restrictions. With all that in the news, can't imagine the tour will go forward this fall, but maybe by next spring/summer things will start to look a bit better.

Pearl Jam have not rescheduled their US dates yet, either.

Can't imagine thinking the bands that have rescheduled (sometimes twice!) or ultimately cancelled is somehow a good thing confused smiley

The Stones (and apparently Pearl Jam) are smarter than that, clearly.

Never said or even implied that the bands that have rescheduled (sometimes twice) or ultimately cancelled is "somehow a good thing".
Was just wondering if the Stones were the only ones who haven't yet, and NashvilleBlues answered the question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 19:42 by Hairball.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 7, 2021 19:47

The latest from the grapevine is a decision will be made by the end of July.

Nothing really new on what the hold ups are, there's still visa issues with UK/European crew members. Another wrench may be that insurance companies are balking at covering losses due to covid cancellations. Which has the promoters like AEG and Live Nation renegotiating their contracts with the bands, requiring the bands to pick up more of the risk. The Stones may not be eager to do so.

As for long term risks for Pfizer or Moderna, we'd know about them by now, the vaccines have been in use for an year. The technology has been in use for over twenty years in cancer vaccines. Both vaccines are out of your bodies eight weeks after the first injection.

Neither vaccine has a live or dead virus in it. It's mRNA - basically computer code. It needs to be able to move through the body, so it's wrapped in fatty oils, which most people are not allergic to. You've being injected with a memo that swims along in fatty oils.

Once in the body, the little memos find a cell they like, attach to it and inform the cell they have a message for it. The cell says okay, but once I read it, I have to kill you. The little memo says that's okay, I'll be off to rock and roll heaven. The cell reads the message, kills the vaccine messenger and then it makes spike proteins so it can look like a covid-19 cell.

The immune system notices the cells with spikes and says that doesn't look good and starts making antibodies to kill the harmless cells pretending to be covid cells. That's when you experience side effects - usually within hours to a week after injection - fatigue, headaches, body aches, swollen lymph nodes, fever, etc. Two weeks after your second injection, the vaccine messengers have been killed by the cells chosen to make spikes and the antibodies have killed the cells masquerading as covid cells. Nothing is left except the antibodies. If you're going to experience life threatening side effects, its most likely to happen within the first week after injection and the risk two months after the first injection is low since the vaccine and the spike cells are gone - your body killed them and if they were going to commmit some mayhem - it would have already happened.

We still don't know how long the antibodies hang around. It might be months or years. If its months, the hope is the body will remember the antibodies it made for the pretend covid cells.

I haven't studied AstraZenica or J&J, but my understanding is neither are leaving anything in the body that is going to develop into a killer cancer in fifteen years.

If you've decided not to be vaccinated because the vaccine is going to maim or kill you ten years from now, you're intellectually challenged. And you're hampering our concert going for years to come. This virus shows no intentions of dying - it plans to keep mutating into even more killer variants. We only have a handful of years left to see the Stones, so go get your first injection today and send the little vaccine messengers off to rock and roll heaven, they're Elvis fans.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 20:04 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 7, 2021 19:50

GlimmerGirl24

Nothing really new on what the hold ups are, there's still visa issues with UK/European crew members. Another wrench may be that insurance companies are balking at covering losses due to covid cancellations. Which has the promoters like AEG and Live Nation renegotiating their contracts with the bands, requiring the bands to pick up more of the risk. The Stones may not be eager to do so.

As for long term risks for Pfizer or Moderna, we'd know about them by now, the vaccines have been in use for an year. The technology has been in use for over twenty years in cancer vaccines. Both vaccines are out of your bodies eight weeks after the first injection.

Neither vaccine has a live or dead virus in it. It's mRna - basically computer code. It needs to be able to move through the body, so it's wrapped in fatty oils, which most people are not allergic to. You've being injected with a memo that swims along in fatty oils.

Once in the body, the little memos find a cell they like, attach to it and inform the cell they have a message for it. The cell says okay, but once I read it, I have to kill you. The little memo says that's okay, I'll be off to rock and roll heaven. The cell reads the message, kills the vaccine messenger and then it makes spike proteins so it can look like a covid-19 cell.

The immune system notices the cells with spikes and says that doesn't look good and starts making antibodies to kill the harmless cells pretending to be covid cells. That's when you experience side effects - usually within hours to a week after injection - fatigue, headaches, body aches, swollen lymph nodes, fever, etc. Two weeks after your second injection, the vaccine messengers have been killed by the cells chosen to make spikes and the antibodies have killed the cells masquerading as covid cells. Nothing is left except the antibodies. If you're going to experience life threatening side effects, its most likely to happen within the first week after injection and the risk two months after the first injection is low since the vaccine and the spike cells are gone - your body killed them and if they were going to commmit some mayhem - it would have already happened.

We still don't know how long the antibodies hang around. It might be months or years. If its months, the hope is the body will remember the antibodies it made for the pretend covid cells.

I haven't studied AstraZenica or J&J, but my understanding is neither are leaving anything in the body that is going to develop into a killer cancer in fifteen years.

If you've decided not to be vaccinated because the vaccine is going to maim or kill you ten years from now, you're intellectually challenged. And you're hampering my concert going for years to come. This virus shows no intentions of dying - it plans to keep mutating into even more killer variants. We only have a handful of years left to see the Stones, so go get your first injection today and send the little vaccine messengers off to rock and roll heaven, they're Elvis fans.

Thank you!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 7, 2021 20:00

GlimmerGirl24

Neither vaccine has a live or dead virus in it. It's mRna - basically computer code. It needs to be able to move through the body, so it's wrapped in fatty oils, which most people are not allergic to. You've being injected with a memo that swims along in fatty oils.

If you've decided not to be vaccinated because the vaccine is going to maim or kill you ten years from now, you're intellectually challenged. And you're hampering my concert going for years to come. This virus shows no intentions of dying - it plans to keep mutating into even more killer variants. We only have a handful of years left to see the Stones, so go get your first injection today and send the little vaccine messengers off to rock and roll heaven, they're Elvis fans.

insulting people will not work to convince them to do what you want them to do....never has, never will.

I suggest a different tactic.

And, I hate to break it to you...people don't make decisions about their personal health based on your concert-going agenda....

besides....the Stones are the ones holding up the show. Venues are open, bands are touring....the Stones can tour if they want to.

I am fine w/ their decision either way....they have good reason to wait.

Maybe the Stones should do what Bruce did...."No Vax, No Entry...No Astrazeneca, No Entry"

....that would surely make many on this board happy.

not.

the decision is on the Stones....they are rich enough to have the option to wait and that's what they are doing....lucky them. Most humans don't have that luxury.

I have no problem w/ them making decisions based on (or about) their personal health....I assume it was done in consultation w/ their personal physician(s)...

as it should be...

In the same regard, I also have no problem with people deciding what they will or will not put inside their own body based on consultations with their personal physician.

Personal choice in both situations...

I think the Vax is a good idea...but, I won't tell others what they should do.

as stated: Go Freedom!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: July 7, 2021 20:06

Well said GlimmerGirl.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 7, 2021 20:18

There are individual freedoms, deciding what to have for dinner, where to vacation, whether to post one's opinion on the internet. Then there are societal freedoms, that protect the individual freedoms. The vaccine falls smack into the middle of societal freedoms, not individual freedoms.

I'm done coddling people who have no health conditions that prevents them from receiving the vaccine. They are risking the lives of seven billion people. Too many people have already died and we have a safe and effective way to eradicate the virus. Anyone screaming the vaccination is violating my freedom is killing individual freedom for the rest of us.

Date: July 7, 2021 20:19

Thanks for the update GG24! Other than the ones we’ve heard here are there any rumored dates with associated venues leaking out of the grapevine yet?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: July 7, 2021 20:22

GlimmerGirl24

Thanks for the update and reality check GlimmerGirl24.

Not sure if all those issues can be ironed out in just a few weeks time, not to mention the "state of the world" with the Delta mutation (among others) wreaking havoc across the land.
Delta is currently sweeping the nation and escalating daily, and seems things will get worse before they start to get better - New daily COVID-19 cases and deaths spike to 6-week highs as delta variant spreads rapidly
I'm vaccinated, ready, and willing, but the reality is many are not for whatever reason. That said, it will be a relief to find out the Stones' decision one way or another.
Hoping and waiting...maybe against the odds...not looking too good right now...but looking forward to whatever that decision may be...miracles happen...2022...

Date: July 7, 2021 20:36

Hairball
GlimmerGirl24

Not sure if all those issues can be ironed out in just a few weeks time, not to mention the "state of the world" with the Delta mutation (among others) wreaking havoc across the land.
Delta is currently sweeping the nation and escalating daily, and seems things will get worse before they start to get better - New daily COVID-19 cases and deaths spike to 6-week highs as delta variant spreads rapidly
I'm vaccinated, ready, and willing, but the reality is many are not for whatever reason. That said, it will be a relief to find out the Stones' decision one way or another.
Hoping and waiting...maybe against the odds...not looking too good right now...but looking forward to whatever that decision may be...miracles happen...2022...

GlimmerGirl24, any word on if the decision is made to move to 2022 if the dates would then be announced for 2022 or if it's just a yes or no decision for 2021, then TBD for going forward?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 7, 2021 20:40

stickyfingers101
Maybe the Stones should do what Bruce did...."No Vax, No Entry...No Astrazeneca, No Entry"

The vaccination policy for Springsteen On Broadway is per New York State guidelines, not Bruce Springsteen and/or Jon Landau Management.

[www.jujamcyn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 20:42 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 7, 2021 20:43

Also, AstraZeneca has since been OK'd for Springsteen on Broadway.

Date: July 7, 2021 20:48

Dougratajczak87
Hairball
GlimmerGirl24

GlimmerGirl24, any word on if the decision is made to move to 2022 if the dates would then be announced for 2022 or if it's just a yes or no decision for 2021, then TBD for going forward?

I believe someone (maybe GlimmerGirl24?) had posted earlier that 2022 was a problem due to so many other tours being scheduled, and the Stones were hoping to cram in the rescheduled dates to this Fall
Due to the unlikeliness of that happening based on the current situation and problems they're still facing, I was just throwing 2022 out there as sort of a Hail Mary of wishful thinking.
mpj200 also mentioned the problems of rescheduling to 2022, and the fact there's tentative plans for the UK in the works which would be the bands priority...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 20:51 by Hairball.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 7, 2021 20:50

If Covid is still a big problem in the states because of the lack of vaccination uptake then it’s unlikely that many of the people refusing a vaccine this year are going to take it next year either.If the Stones don’t tour the USA this year due to the Covid situation there then how would it be any different next year.

Nate

Date: July 7, 2021 20:52

Hairball
Dougratajczak87
Hairball
GlimmerGirl24

I believe someone (maybe GlimmerGirl24?) had posted earlier that 2022 was a problem due to so many other tours being scheduled, and the Stones were hoping to cram in the rescheduled dates to this Fall
Due to the unlikeliness of that happening based on the current situation and problems they're still facing, I was just throwing 2022 out there as sort of a Hail Mary of wishful thinking.
mpj200 also mentioned some of problems with rescheduling to 2022, and the fact there's tentative plans for the UK in the works for next year...

Got it, yeah ironically I was the poster on the scheduling for 2022 based on a post from Tom Johnson at BTX (Springsteen site).

I'd imagine that if US doesn't happen in 2021, they'd have to scrap their Europe 2022 plans and figure out how to make the US dates work in 2022 or risk having to cancel the postponed US tour.

Can't see them announcing and playing new dates in another area of the world without first playing the previously committed dates.

To your point (and my previous post) though, could take some time to rework 2022 if that's what ends up being needed.

Date: July 7, 2021 21:43

Why would people expect the Stones to keep a commitment of playing shows in the USA when a large percentage of that country doesn’t want the vaccine therefore creating a situation where Covid cases are still high.If they don’t play the USA this year because of the virus then surely the situation would be the same next year and the following years if a large percentage of people remain unvaccinated.
To cancel the tour may cost the band financially but they are not stupid and their health obviously supersedes any financial hit.I am not sure of the vaccination numbers all over Europe but they are probably higher than the states and here in the U.K. we certainly have a very high uptake of the vaccines.

Can not see a reason why they wouldn’t cancel the USA tour completely and play somewhere else in the world if the decision was based on the health risks which now more than ever is most certainly the case.

Nate

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 7, 2021 21:48

Since it has been dragging on for so long (without cancellation) it's evident that the intention at least still is there to do the US tour.

Date: July 7, 2021 21:55

Topi
Since it has been dragging on for so long (without cancellation) it's evident that the intention at least still is there to do the US tour.

I agree and I hope they can make it work but of course it is not normal times and the situation changes very frequently.I am just saying if they pull out of it this year due to the case numbers in the states then I don’t see how that situation improves next year if a large percentage of the population won’t take the vaccine.

Nate

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 7, 2021 21:56

I honestly believe they don't much care about the public health risk, they are just wary of having fingers pointed at them.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 7, 2021 21:59

Nikkei
I honestly believe they don't much care about the public health risk, they are just wary of having fingers pointed at them.

What are you talking about and who

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 7, 2021 22:07

Cooltoplady
Nikkei

What are you talking about and who

The folks involved with the decision whether to go ahead or not. I don't wanna point fingers myself but in the end it comes down to Mick. I picture him being itchy to get going and when everyone who wants the vaccine has had a chance to get their shot, he'd mainly be concerned with the question if going ahead would make him look bad and how long a lay-off the band can afford without getting all rusty. He's too pragmatic not to look at it that way.

Date: July 7, 2021 22:08

Nikkei

All four of the stones are in a high risk group for severe Covid.They will obviously have taken the vaccine which brings that risk down very significantly but not completely.I have been double jabbed and I am a lot younger than the stones with no health issues so I don’t worry about getting sick from Covid.
If I was in my 70s with underlying health issues and I had a choice to travel around somewhere with high vaccination uptake and low case numbers versus low vaccination uptake and high case numbers then the decision is obvious.

Nate

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 7, 2021 22:12

Nate
If Covid is still a big problem in the states because of the lack of vaccination uptake then it’s unlikely that many of the people refusing a vaccine this year are going to take it next year either.If the Stones don’t tour the USA this year due to the Covid situation there then how would it be any different next year.

Nate

It won't be except there will be more dead people. Will be the same issue in other places as well but generally not because of refusal but access. Many of these freedom people are the ones who don't want to wear masks, seat belts, helmets while riding motorcycles but when it comes to a woman's right to choose what to do with her body, that is where they draw the line.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 7, 2021 22:36

I'm sure insurance actuaries are running numbers and will ultimately call the shots here (no pun intended).

I haven't been following the hospitalization or death #'s here in the states recently though I thought I saw a report suggesting with the vaccine and immunity from having the bug they're about equal with the flu at this point.

If that's the case, nobody's cancelled tours over the seasonal flu.

Just sayin...

Though some mutant variant I suppose could pop up at any point and wreak havoc around the world again. But as the saying goes, you go to war with the army you have, not the one you wish you had. Today the army of data makes it look possible; come Labor Day, we can only wish we knew...

Again, yes I know this wasn't the flu. But I think the best hope is we can turn it into one. Only time will tell...

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: July 7, 2021 22:55

How about those Rolling Stones!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 7, 2021 22:55

Not to worry, Glimmer Girl, Joe Biden is talking about "knocking on doors" to get people vaccinated. I'm waiting. Very sorry that my personal choice is killing billions and preventing you from seeing the Rolling Stones. How easily we are divided and turn on one another. What a joke.

Meanwhile, according to this latest science, even if you are vaccinated, you could still be killing people. Go figure:

"A leading US disease expert says there's 'no doubt in my mind' that vaccinated people are helping spread Delta"

[www.businessinsider.com]

Date: July 8, 2021 00:41

Joe Biden is now sending out government workers to knock on doors since free beer and donuts didn't quite get it done..."we got this"...yeah right, what a bunch of malarkey.
Can't imagine how a hardcore anti-vaxxer will react when he (or she) is being bothered at home by someone with a needle in their hand bullying them in to something they're completely against.
Sort of a thankless job, and hopefully these workers won't be knocking on any anti-vaxxer NRA supporters. If they thought the Jehova's Witness's knocking on their doors was a nuisance, wait until they're greeted by this.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 8, 2021 00:58

The NYT keeps up a table of the states' vax levels.
[www.nytimes.com]
Of course it's tracked multiple ways. At least 1 dose, fully vaccinated, total population, Ages 12+, Ages 18+.

For simplicity I watch mostly Ages 18+ Fully Vaccinated.

As of July 7, 2021, using that measure, these were the vax rates in the 13 states where the 2020 tour's 14 U.S. concerts were postponed:

Calif 61.5%
Minn 64.3%
Tenn 47.1%
Texas 50.2%
NY 66.2%
Mich. 57.8%
KY 54.8%
Ohio 55.7%
Penn 60.8%
MO. 49.1%
NCar 51.9%
Flor 56.2%
GA 46.9%

At the top we have
NY 66.2%
Minn 64.3%
Calif 61.5%

And at the low end are
GA 46.9%
Tenn 47.1%
MO 49.1%

When you're chasing herd immunity in the 70 to 80% range, as you begin to approach it I don't think the relative importance of each % point is merely arithmetic, I believe those additional % points have more nearly geometric effects in population safety. That an almost 20 point difference between New York and Georgia means much more than just 20% more or less safety within their respective populations.

As of right now those are pretty terrible vax rates that Georgia, Tennessee, and Missouri have turned in. And Texas' and NC's aren't all that much better.

All states' numbers should be a few points higher by the end of this month, which we suspect may be when a tour/don't tour decision might get made.

We need the lagging U.S. states in particular to pick up their vax rates. Honestly, though, that doesn't seem especially likely. And we need to get lucky and the Covid-19 Delta pocket surges not become widespread.

We need these things, of course, for much more than just for the World's Greatest Rock n Roll Band to tour soon. But, on this thread, the context is the tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...138139140141142143144145146147148...LastNext
Current Page: 143 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1291
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home