Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...137138139140141142143144145146147...LastNext
Current Page: 142 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 5, 2021 20:49

Was reading that Ronnie's treatments were finished as far back as December, so maybe his health isn't holding the tour back after all.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 5, 2021 20:59

TheBluesHadaBaby
GasLightStreet
The Unvaccinated Of The Americas will be the reason why The Rolling Stones do not tour NA this year.

If this fall's tour doesn't happen, then yep, that'll be why.

That's been increasingly on my mind during this extended wait, as we've simultaneously watched vaccinations in a lot of states stall out. We have our states that are over 60% vaxxed among age 18+. And we've got states most of whose residents seem hell-bent on keeping their state at 50% or less. The 15 cities the Stones originally scheduled are scattered among both.

If the unvaxxed do scuttle the tour for this fall, I'm not sure the %'s in the South are going to be much improved by Spring 2022. UK and much of Europe should be ready by then, but the American South, I'm not so sure.

Here's my view. It's too late to do this for 2021, but if next spring the Stones choose to pull all the under-vaxxed states' concerts and move them to the much safer U.S. states, I'd not blame them.

And I say this as a native southerner and holder of great tix for Nashville and Atlanta. I'd just scramble for tickets up north instead of down here. (I say "here," Baltimore's closer to me anyway.) To hold this country below herd immunity... I just have no sympathy for those doing it. Obviously -- they're helping to very needlessly kill people. I have an intractable brother-in-law and two nephews among that "they," and I can report with 100% certainty, they're not budging on the matter. Most of America's vax refuseniks are that way.

If you lose great opportunities as a result, then you just lose great opportunities. The whole nation shouldn't have to suffer all of the same consequences that those states bring on themselves.

If we're stuck being Two Americas, as we seemingly are, I have zero objections to the Stones playing only in the one of the two Americas in which most of its [www.google.com] citizens are behaving the more responsibly during a global pandemic.

I get what you’re trying to convey. I think. You are possibly overlooking a simpler solution. Proof of vaccine or recent negative covid test for admittance. Not saying I agree with that (I’m 100% vacced since March), but why punish a whole region for something the individuals can’t control. And what is the cutoff percentage for deciding which states/cities the Stones play? On top of that, you said you’d just go to a show in the north. What would stop all of the anti-vaccine people from doing just that? A more appropriate approximation of who would be likely vaccinated at a Stones show would include typical Stones live show demographics (age, race, socio economic status, etc.), not just how vaccinated the state is in general.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 5, 2021 21:31

Topi
Was reading that Ronnie's treatments were finished as far back as December, so maybe his health isn't holding the tour back after all.

He claimed to be "all clear" but with small cell carcinoma that can simply mean they couldn't find anything the last time they looked. It's a tiny, fast traveling little bugger, apparently.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 5, 2021 23:21

GasLightStreet
The Unvaccinated Of The Americas will be the reason why The Rolling Stones do not tour NA this year.

And those same unvaccinated blame it on the Rolling Stones or the government or the vaccinated. Meanwhile Delta rages and Lambda on deck.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 5, 2021 23:30

And those same unvaccinated are the ones who buy phony vax cards so they can get in and who waltz right by signs asking unvaxxed to wear masks in other situations.

And so it goes. The guarantees guarantee nothing. Get vaxxed.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2021 00:36

daspyknows
GasLightStreet

And those same unvaccinated blame it on the Rolling Stones or the government or the vaccinated. Meanwhile Delta rages and Lambda on deck.

Yikes, Lambda out of Peru. Ten percent of those catching it die in Peru according to an article I just read. I'm sure a large part of it is because that poor country just doesn't have the infrastructure or capacity to deal with it. But also read it may be resistant to vaccines.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 6, 2021 01:53

Funny how the "unvaccinated" are to blame for everything. Just like the government likes to see division amongst the people. Takes the blame away from them and their mismanagement of healthcare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-06 01:53 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: July 6, 2021 02:06

NilsHolgersson
Funny how the "unvaccinated" are to blame for everything. Just like the government likes to see division amongst the people. Takes the blame away from them and their mismanagement of healthcare.

Literally who else is there to blame for the continued spread of this virus than the ones who are choosing to refuse a safe, free, and effective means of protecting oneself and the community as a whole?

Date: July 6, 2021 02:23

If I would take a vaccine, I wouldn't care about any unvaccinated. I'm safe, got my shots, right. If I still had to worry, that would mean the vaccine doesn't really protect me at all.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 6, 2021 02:49

NilsHolgersson
If I would take a vaccine, I wouldn't care about any unvaccinated. I'm safe, got my shots, right. If I still had to worry, that would mean the vaccine doesn't really protect me at all.

Really??

What about kids under 12 that aren't eligible?
Covid is spiking in the unvaccinated, that age group included.

Being a potential carrier of the virus or the variants to them is a legit concern.
If nothing else, being respectful that they may be fearful of unmasked unvaccinated adults it seems the least one could do when around them.

Date: July 6, 2021 03:55

NilsHolgersson

How does making a safe and effective vaccine made available to the public for FREE is mismanaging the Covid response. If unvaccinated people refuse the vaccine how is that the government's fault. Short of mandatory forced vaccinations there is little more the government can do to convince the refuseniks from getting the shot. The government is not trying to divide anything, they want people to get the vaccine.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 6, 2021 04:08

daspyknows
NilsHolgersson

How does making a safe and effective vaccine made available to the public for FREE is mismanaging the Covid response. If unvaccinated people refuse the vaccine how is that the government's fault. Short of mandatory forced vaccinations there is little more the government can do to convince the refuseniks from getting the shot. The government is not trying to divide anything, they want people to get the vaccine.

Don’t waste your time daspyknows with people with low IQs

Date: July 6, 2021 05:48

Cooltoplady
daspyknows
NilsHolgersson

Don’t waste your time daspyknows with people with low IQs

I know its a waste of time but if stupidity is not called out it becomes the truth. Other people then start to believe it too.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 6, 2021 06:48

NilsHolgersson

You'd be flying in the face of history and science says otherwise.

Goddamn. That's a fake news Fox News fake science attitude.

You're possibly one of millions contributing to the Stones not touring NA later this year. Not the way to go.

Date: July 6, 2021 17:37

GasLightStreet
NilsHolgersson

You're possibly one of millions contributing to the Stones not touring NA later this year. Not the way to go.

Nah, I don't even live in the US. But when I worked at a cd store, the people buying Rolling Stones records were mostly 50+ males who smelled after beer and cigarettes. The average rock fan seemed to have a pretty unhealthy lifestyle, you can't blame some young people who don't think it's necessary to get covid shots for their bad health and early deaths.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 6, 2021 19:20

Stones aren't touring by their own choice.

There are plenty of venues open.

There are plenty of bands touring.

No Vax No Entry can be demanded (a la "Bruce") as a condition.

Heck, the Stones could tour at clubs for prices only Robert Kraft and his vaccinated loser friends could afford.....and we could cry about that instead.

Point: they can tour if they want, they can tour any way they want....it's their choice.

If part of that decision is based on the rate of vaccination (aka "the unvaccinated")....so be it. I don't deny that plays a role in their decision, esp. given Ronnie's recovery.....

but, in the end, it's still their choice based on whatever cost-benefit risk-analysis they decide to listen to....

....just like it is everybody's free choice what they put (or don't put) in their body....

Go Freedom!

Date: July 6, 2021 19:50

BV we need an update

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 6, 2021 20:21

GasLightStreet
NilsHolgersson

I'm 67 years old. I gladly took the Pfizer vaccine as soon as I could. It made sense for me. Even though it is unproven and yet unapproved.

I get why people don't want to take it. I don't call them stupid, but I get that that is the prevailing style of discourse. We know the truth and everyone else is stupid. Individual thought is way passé.

I'm 67 and not particularly worried about long-term effects. If I had a 17-year old child, I would advise them that the risks of taking the jab seem, to me, greater than the risks of the virus to someone that age. Stupid?

I will be first in line for a booster, but I will not criticize those who don't trust anything they hear from our alleged public health officials.

And all this has Zero to do with the Stones (not) touring the US.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 6, 2021 20:54

There is a 10% chance you still get Covid-19 even if you are vaccinated. Some get it mild, others who are vaccinated get serious flu-like illness lasting for 1-2 weeks. The Rolling Stones are not like a football team, where you may replace a band member with covid-19 with another person on the same position. They don't have any extra Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie on the bench. They know it, insurance companies know it, management know it, doctors know it.

The vaccination rate is not really sufficient in some areas, and Delta is on the rise. Shares of BioNTech were down 5.3% as of 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday. Meanwhile, shares of Moderna were slipping 2.7%, because the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech appears to be less effective against the Delta variant.

I would rather wait a few months more, making sure Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie are safe vs covid-19, also everyone else of the large portion of fans being at risk, mind you we are not teenagers most of us anymore.

Everybody want to get on a new tour, but the pandemic is not over yet.

Bjornulf

Date: July 6, 2021 21:37

The Stones are not touring because Covid is still a risk.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: July 7, 2021 01:58

Rokyfan
GasLightStreet
NilsHolgersson

I'm 67 years old. I gladly took the Pfizer vaccine as soon as I could. It made sense for me. Even though it is unproven and yet unapproved.

I get why people don't want to take it. I don't call them stupid, but I get that that is the prevailing style of discourse. We know the truth and everyone else is stupid. Individual thought is way passé.

I'm 67 and not particularly worried about long-term effects. If I had a 17-year old child, I would advise them that the risks of taking the jab seem, to me, greater than the risks of the virus to someone that age. Stupid?

I will be first in line for a booster, but I will not criticize those who don't trust anything they hear from our alleged public health officials.

And all this has Zero to do with the Stones (not) touring the US.

thumbs up

What this dude said....boom.

well stated, dude....spot-on.

I got Pfizer too...f-it...what do I care at this point? It seems to work. I feel safer. Go Vax!

But, yeah...if people don't wanna get it, they have their reasons...most of which I probably disagree with, but many/some I probably do....so be it.

"Science" could tell me tomorrow that Fentanyl prevents AIDS and makes you crap BonBons...doesn't mean anybody should be forced to take it.

Stones will tour eventually...

IMO...I would highly doubt they'd pull a lame-o Bruce "No Astrazeneca Accepted" Lameness Tour....#2, I don't think they want to do "No Vax, No Entry" b/c there is simply too much easy-money in TX & FL....

Generally-speaking, when it comes to the Stones and tours, I have found that whatever BV says is on-target or gives good hints in the right direction...and he is correct that the Pandemic is not "over"...at least by the standards they are using....which is fine and totally acceptable, whether one agrees with those standards or not....

Simply put, the Stones won't tour until it is "safe" by their standards...and those standards are different than Texas.

Yee-HAW!

....and that's fine. We'll wait. They'll be back.

KEEEEEEEEF!!!

my original point was that I liked your post, Roky.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 7, 2021 02:04

bv
There is a 10% chance you still get Covid-19 even if you are vaccinated. Some get it mild, others who are vaccinated get serious flu-like illness lasting for 1-2 weeks. The Rolling Stones are not like a football team, where you may replace a band member with covid-19 with another person on the same position. They don't have any extra Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie on the bench. They know it, insurance companies know it, management know it, doctors know it.

The vaccination rate is not really sufficient in some areas, and Delta is on the rise. Shares of BioNTech were down 5.3% as of 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday. Meanwhile, shares of Moderna were slipping 2.7%, because the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech appears to be less effective against the Delta variant.

I would rather wait a few months more, making sure Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie are safe vs covid-19, also everyone else of the large portion of fans being at risk, mind you we are not teenagers most of us anymore.

Wondering if the Stones the only band left that had to postpone, yet have still made no announcement regarding a reschedule or cancellation? Seems every other band I can think of have either rescheduled (sometimes twice) or ultimately canceled. I realize the Stones are unique in many ways given their age, Ronnie's health, the insurance problems, visa problems, etc., etc., etc., but wondering what will be the absolute deciding factor for them to decide whether to move forward or to throw in the towel. Doesn't seem likely the pandemic is going to suddenly disappear any time soon - in fact things seem to be getting worse again in the US with new variants mutating, and even talk of reinstating mask mandates and other restrictions. With all that in the news, can't imagine the tour will go forward this fall, but maybe by next spring/summer things will start to look a bit better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 02:05 by Hairball.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 7, 2021 02:08

Vaccinated and ready for the tour.

Politics has nothing to do with it - health and common sense.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 7, 2021 07:32

stickyfingers101
Stones aren't touring by their own choice.

There are plenty of venues open.

There are plenty of bands touring.

No Vax No Entry can be demanded (a la "Bruce") as a condition.

Heck, the Stones could tour at clubs for prices only Robert Kraft and his vaccinated loser friends could afford.....and we could cry about that instead.

Point: they can tour if they want, they can tour any way they want....it's their choice.

If part of that decision is based on the rate of vaccination (aka "the unvaccinated")....so be it. I don't deny that plays a role in their decision, esp. given Ronnie's recovery.....

but, in the end, it's still their choice based on whatever cost-benefit risk-analysis they decide to listen to....

....just like it is everybody's free choice what they put (or don't put) in their body....

Go Freedom!

Now be careful ... Robert Kraft is Matt Lee's buddy!

plexi

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 7, 2021 09:00

jimpietryga1
I think you are exactly right with an announcement toward the end of July . Most tickets are sold so eight weeks is not too late to start at the end of Sept like BTB in 97. A lot of the venues have roofs or are in the South. Wait on the US/Canadian border to open and that will signal the announcement.

Keep in mind ..

They are much older than they were in 1997. A tour in Spring or late summer would be the smartest move from a weather perspective. IMO starting in late September for an outdoor run is out for them at this age.

IMO they have a 8-9 week window that has to be timed just right and optimal in Spring (before it becomes too warm at night) and in late summer before it becomes too cool / cold at night for these outdoor open air type of shows at thieir age (they are not 40-50-60 anymore ...or even 70! grinning smiley . I think starting in late September is out of the cards for them these days (though they are only doing 20 shows. I'd say mid to late august is optimal and late April for a outdoor tour start at their age.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-07 09:04 by IanBillen.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 7, 2021 09:57

In 2019, they toured late June til the end of August during the hottest part of the summer, the dog days of summer.

plexi

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 7, 2021 10:20

Cooltoplady
The Stones are not touring because Covid is still a risk.

True

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: July 7, 2021 10:27

bv

Sadly the pandemic will not be over for several years, and we will get new variants, new panics. If people want to reduce the risk of serious, maybe long term, illness or death to "acceptable" levels then they need to get vaccinated. The data is very clear. Acceptable for me is flu-like risk - 10% or less of un-vaccinated Covid risk. That seems to be where we are in the UK and much of the USA now.

If you are lucky enough to live in a country offering vaccines then it is far far better to get jabbed than to have no vaccine. Better for you, and anyone close to you. Some people decide they like the higher risk: hopefully those people they meet, or walk past, also like the risk.

But as Bjornulf says, nothing is 100% safe. Many people, like in Africa, can't get a vaccine yet. This is the main reason the pandemic will last for years - that and unvaccinated people spreading it in our rich countries.

So I'm not sure it will be safer for a Tour in 2022, or 2023, than the autumn of this year. Will Mick & Co, insurers, managers etc. feel the same?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 7, 2021 13:07

timbernardis
In 2019, they toured late June til the end of August during the hottest part of the summer, the dog days of summer.

plexi

The weather was so perfect for the show & the days around it in Seattle that the band stayed in town an extra day.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 7, 2021 13:57

Hairball
bv

Wondering if the Stones the only band left that had to postpone, yet have still made no announcement regarding a reschedule or cancellation? Seems every other band I can think of have either rescheduled (sometimes twice) or ultimately canceled. I realize the Stones are unique in many ways given their age, Ronnie's health, the insurance problems, visa problems, etc., etc., etc., but wondering what will be the absolute deciding factor for them to decide whether to move forward or to throw in the towel. Doesn't seem likely the pandemic is going to suddenly disappear any time soon - in fact things seem to be getting worse again in the US with new variants mutating, and even talk of reinstating mask mandates and other restrictions. With all that in the news, can't imagine the tour will go forward this fall, but maybe by next spring/summer things will start to look a bit better.

Pearl Jam have not rescheduled their US dates yet, either.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...137138139140141142143144145146147...LastNext
Current Page: 142 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home