Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145...LastNext
Current Page: 140 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: winos ()
Date: July 1, 2021 02:12

Just to clarify only parts of Australia are in lockdown, for once my city of Melbourne is not in lockdown!!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 1, 2021 05:42

Still, not a good sign.

jb

Date: July 1, 2021 05:49

no it's not especially here in Australia as the Government has screwed up the vaccine rollout.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 1, 2021 06:28

Yep Scumo has stuffed up .....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2021 06:45

the whole fed gov have....!

Are you going to the Stones Sticky Fingers 50th anniversary at the Palais in 2 weeks? I'll be there barring no lockdowns....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 1, 2021 07:07

It doesn't happen often but when I see posts that say something like July 1 and it's still June 30th where I am... it's a good giggle.

Date: July 1, 2021 07:09

Well down here in Australia and NZ we are ahead of the world in many ways!

Date: July 1, 2021 07:12

Are you going to the Stones Sticky Fingers 50th anniversary at the Palais in 2 weeks? I'll be there barring no lockdowns....

No winos .... been ta all the Tim rogers Stones
tributes so far ... Cherry and Corner shows ...
Up front in the crowd ... Palais will be a bit
more polished and distanced i'd say

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2021 07:13

Pity ... i coulda tracked ya down
and shook ya hand .... maybe next show

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2021 07:28

well hopefully at the next Stones gig in 2022 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 1, 2021 07:45

winos
Well down here in Australia and NZ we are ahead of the world in many ways!

I dig that!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 1, 2021 13:02

Rockman

No winos .... been ta all the Tim rogers Stones
tributes so far ... Cherry and Corner shows ...
Up front in the crowd ... Palais will be a bit
more polished and distanced i'd say

You Am I are 1 of my favorite bands of all time. Pity they're not more widely known outside of the Southland. I've hung out with Tim Rogers a few times & got on well with him. A mutual love of the Who was the icebreaker. You Am I are such a great live band. I hear they have a new record. I'm going to have to track that down.

Posted by: FredStones ()
Date: July 1, 2021 16:06

GasLightStreet
It doesn't happen often but when I see posts that say something like July 1 and it's still June 30th where I am... it's a good giggle.

I get that around New Years when posts show the following year

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 1, 2021 18:56

So like international date line is a thing of some fascination still? Wait till it sinks in that the earth is round, that will come as a real shock to some.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 1, 2021 19:01

jbwelda
So like international date line is a thing of some fascination still? Wait till it sinks in that the earth is round, that will come as a real shock to some.

jb

It really messed with the flat earth society. Just another reason not to get the vaccine.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 1, 2021 23:58

daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

It really messed with the flat earth society. Just another reason not to get the vaccine.

Weird comment. In fact bazaar. Lets me guess you still live in your Mom’s basement.
Lets talk about the tour again

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 2, 2021 05:52

[venuesnow.com]

Nice piece about the return of stadium gigs, including The Stones...

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 2, 2021 06:24

TKinOH
[venuesnow.com]

The article mentions Billy Joel moving stadium shows to 2022 after postponing from 2020 to 2021...but he is playing the same stadium here in Buffalo that the Stones postponed were to play in 2020.....in 7 weeks from now, to full capacity (assuming he can sell that many tickets)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2021 07:59

TKinOH
[venuesnow.com]

"In other instances, the question over the aging rocker issue comes into play, putting them at higher risk from a contagious disease, although nobody’s talking about it specifically.
The Rolling Stones, for example, have three members in their mid-70s, and drummer Charlie Watts just turned 80. As of early June there was no word from the band on rescheduling
15 stadium dates postponed from 2020, but the thinking might be that they would rather see further separation from COVID by waiting until 2022 to hit the road again".

Well now we're in early July, and still no word....

Date: July 2, 2021 14:54

Another week slips away without an announcement. Realistically it seems the tour would have to be announced within the next few weeks for a late September start.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 2, 2021 16:41

My thoughts exactly. here in the US we head into 4th of July weekend with no new news.

Gonna have to break the 7/4/2015 show this afternoon at work!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 2, 2021 16:57

TumblinDice76
My thoughts exactly. here in the US we head into 4th of July weekend with no new news.

Yeah. As I said earlier, my hope for a 2021 US tour won’t start fading until after this 3 day weekend. I know there are tons of factors working against the 2021 tour, but I wouldn’t be surprised, if in true Stones fashion, they announce the 2021 make up dates during the 4th of July holiday. Obviously total speculation. Can’t hurt to hope!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 2, 2021 17:58

NashvilleBlues
TumblinDice76

Yeah. As I said earlier, my hope for a 2021 US tour won’t start fading until after this 3 day weekend. I know there are tons of factors working against the 2021 tour, but I wouldn’t be surprised, if in true Stones fashion, they announce the 2021 make up dates during the 4th of July holiday. Obviously total speculation. Can’t hurt to hope!

Frankly, I'd be very surprised if they announced prior to a US/Canadian border re-opening announcement, which now is expected July 22 at the soonest.
Was widely expected to be opened (to vaccinated travelers) on June 22nd (the restrictions are done on a monthly basis since March of '20)

They have sold tix for Vancouver as we know, and the border impacts other cities as well (Buffalo/Detroit). As it's unlikely for them to have any "inside info" on the border reopening, they wait like all of us is my bet. Likely there's a plan B/C/D in place.. announce anyway like they did Dublin, drop Van from the schedule, move it to the end of tour etc. but I'm sure their preference is an open border.

Would expect there to be some more solid rumors hit the board before then, but I for one am not going to set my hopes an any official announcement soon.
A late July announcement for a Sept/Oct tour would be consistent as far as tour announcements go, particularly one that has already sold many tickets and all the other pandemic variables.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: July 2, 2021 18:21

MisterDDDD
NashvilleBlues
TumblinDice76

Frankly, I'd be very surprised if they announced prior to a US/Canadian border re-opening announcement, which now is expected July 22 at the soonest.
Was widely expected to be opened (to vaccinated travelers) on June 22nd (the restrictions are done on a monthly basis since March of '20)

They have sold tix for Vancouver as we know, and the border impacts other cities as well (Buffalo/Detroit). As it's unlikely for them to have any "inside info" on the border reopening, they wait like all of us is my bet. Likely there's a plan B/C/D in place.. announce anyway like they did Dublin, drop Van from the schedule, move it to the end of tour etc. but I'm sure their preference is an open border.

Would expect there to be some more solid rumors hit the board before then, but I for one am not going to set my hopes an any official announcement soon.
A late July announcement for a Sept/Oct tour would be consistent as far as tour announcements go, particularly one that has already sold many tickets and all the other pandemic variables.

That last sentence is key.

It would not surprise me at all to have right around a month’s notice for the tour start, in which case late July would make sense timing wise.

Based on what others have said, the pieces appear to be in place with dates booked, etc.

It does appear to be a matter of waiting for some type of green light whether that’s visas, COVID data, the Canada border, etc.

If it was for sure going to be 2022, it could have been announced already with the remaining tickets sold quickly, as many others have done.

It seems clear the intent is to tour the US in 21 if possible which would free up 2022 for a 60th Anniversary tour in Europe.

Date: July 2, 2021 18:24

Dougratajczak87

That last sentence is key.

It would not surprise me at all to have right around a month’s notice for the tour start, in which case late July would make sense timing wise.

Based on what others have said, the pieces appear to be in place with dates booked, etc.

It does appear to be a matter of waiting for some type of green light whether that’s visas, COVID data, the Canada border, etc.

If it was for sure going to be 2022, it could have been announced already with the remaining tickets sold quickly, as many others have done.

It seems clear the intent is to tour the US in 21 if possible which would free up 2022 for a 60th Anniversary tour in Europe.

Agree with all of this, but especially this.
"If it was for sure going to be 2022, it could have been announced already with the remaining tickets sold quickly, as many others have done."

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 2, 2021 18:26

daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

The Flat Earth Society recently tweeted that they had “members all around the globe!” Go figure!!!

Rod

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 2, 2021 18:42

MisterDDDD
NashvilleBlues
TumblinDice76

You’re totally right. I agree with the end of July thing. Forgot about that.

That said, what would you all predict would happen if the Canada restrictions last past July 22?

Date: July 2, 2021 19:12

NashvilleBlues

That said, what would you all predict would happen if the Canada restrictions last past July 22?

If Canada extends the border closure another month, through Aug 22nd without offering up a firm date on re-opening (it's possible they extend but also announce a Sept date for reopening for ex) then I think the boys move it to the end of the tour perhaps with an asterisk and announce the rescheduled dates.

Second guess would be moving the Vancouver show to Seattle or elsewhere.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 2, 2021 19:31

MisterDDDD
NashvilleBlues

If Canada extends the border closure another month, through Aug 22nd without offering up a firm date on re-opening (it's possible they extend but also announce a Sept date for reopening for ex) then I think the boys move it to the end of the tour perhaps with an asterisk and announce the rescheduled dates.

They will not move the Vancouver show to Seattle. If they cannot play in Canada this year for whatever reason they will have to wait until next year to tour...which I think is the most likely scenario at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-03 05:22 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 2, 2021 19:38

TornAndFried
MisterDDDD
NashvilleBlues

They will not move the Vancouver show to Seattle. If they cannot play in Canada this year for whatever reason they will have to wait until next year to tour...which I'd the most likely scenario.

It's a scenario I suppose, but very doubtful one venue/show would change their intent on getting this leg of the tour in this year as is their obvious and stated intent.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145...LastNext
Current Page: 140 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home