Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...134135136137138139140141142143144...LastNext
Current Page: 139 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 28, 2021 23:11

Send It To me

If you're abandoning every artist who made a comment about American politics in the last 5 years, that's going to be a very, very long list

Nah, son... my post didn't state that.
Been around long enough to not "abandon" artists that speak out politically, typically whether I disagree or not or whether they're US citizens or not tbh.

This was particularly egregious, and as I said and "disparaging" bordering on vulgar imo.

Glad to clear that up.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 29, 2021 04:25

Saw this headline 6/25/21- could be best answer to whats going on-

USA Secretary of State says US borders will remain closed for EU citizens
[www.reuters.com]

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 29, 2021 04:27

Here is the executive order on eu-
[www.whitehouse.gov]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 29, 2021 04:39

artedm
Here is the executive order on eu-
[www.whitehouse.gov]

So what is it saying about the 14 day period of quarantine?

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 29, 2021 04:50

Nothing about a quarantine. The point is that noncitizens cannot enter from the EU or the UK.

Date: June 29, 2021 05:27

Not a fan of this stupid policy.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 29, 2021 10:18

I Think we should hear Some News Soon It's almost July Now....They have to make an announcement soon to much planning goes into their Tours for The Band and The Fans to Travel....Let's See...Fingers Crossed.M

Date: June 29, 2021 11:07

Most fans at a given show don't travel (that far) to the shows. They're local fans / from the general area. So we might have a bit of a perception bias in that regard winking smiley The traveling fans are a minority.

Date: June 29, 2021 11:09

Darryl is doing a jazz festival in September.

[www.sounddues.com]

Date: June 29, 2021 11:23

In Denmark, no less.

Let's see if he's allowed back in to the US! winking smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 29, 2021 12:56

Several possibilities:

- No Stones Tour this year
- Stones Tour is on, but rehearsals start late September
- Bill Wyman is returning
- Darryl is hedging his bets, trying to ensure he gets some income

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 29, 2021 14:59

USA borders should be open by now.I don’t understand why some countries are being so slow to restart tourism every day that borders remain closed is costing a fortune financially for example the U.K. is losing £32 million pounds every day that borders remain closed to USA.
The vaccines are working no reason to prevent vaccinated people from crossing borders.

Nate

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 29, 2021 17:11

thecitadel
Several possibilities:

Considering everything that we've heard so far, I'm going to go with Darryl hedging his bets, as it'd be easy enough to cancel his appearance there imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-29 17:11 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: June 29, 2021 17:42

thecitadel
Several possibilities:

God, I would love for that third possibility to come to pass but me thinks that would be a cold day in hell. I am guessing it's most likely the fourth possibility.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 29, 2021 19:16

From WHO Chief scientist Dr. Soumya Swaminathan today via CNN:

"Everyone should recognize that this pandemic is not over… It's not that we can’t travel or do anything, but this is really not the time for us to encourage a lot of social mixing, to encourage mass events,
especially without precautions, wherever you live in the world because these variants, you know, they travel around the world even before you recognize there’s a new variant.I think this is the time still
to be very cautious and we should remember that a large part of the world still doesn't have enough vaccines even to protect their most vulnerable people, and we need to be getting vaccines out to them.”

CNN

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 29, 2021 19:33

Hairball

"Everyone should recognize that this pandemic is not over… It's not that we can’t travel or do anything, but this is really not the time for us to encourage a lot of social mixing, to encourage mass events,
especially without precautions, wherever you live in the world because these variants, you know, they travel around the world even before you recognize there’s a new variant.I think this is the time still
to be very cautious and we should remember that a large part of the world still doesn't have enough vaccines even to protect their most vulnerable people, and we need to be getting vaccines out to them.”

CNN

Makes sense. We all want desperately for things to get back to normal or progress to whatever this new normal will be but the world just isn't there yet and the progress made is unequal and still very fragile. So while we may have hoped for a U.S. tour this fall, the reality is it's probably still too soon.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 29, 2021 19:38

JN99
Hairball

CNN

Makes sense. We all want desperately for things to get back to normal or progress to whatever this new normal will be but the world just isn't there yet and the progress made is unequal and still very fragile. So while we may have hoped for a U.S. tour this fall, the reality is it's probably still too soon.

Many bands are touring the US this fall. Not announcing makeup dates yet bodes well for a 2021 Fall tour. If not, why not announce 2022 makeup dates by now?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 30, 2021 04:32

How about a winter arena tour?

plexi

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 30, 2021 04:36

timbernardis

plexi

That'd be great Mate! It would sure put my mind at ease!smileys with beer

Hopefully with a sombre Sympathy as the opener as I feel it was really "where it's at".smileys with beer

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 30, 2021 06:09

MadMax
timbernardis

plexi

That'd be great Mate! It would sure put my mind at ease!smileys with beer

Hopefully with a sombre Sympathy as the opener as I feel it was really "where it's at".smileys with beer

They wouldn’t still be selling tickets for the stadiums. They would if stopped the sales long time ago if it’s not going to happen

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 30, 2021 06:14

NashvilleBlues
JN99
Hairball

CNN

Many bands are touring the US this fall. Not announcing makeup dates yet bodes well for a 2021 Fall tour. If not, why not announce 2022 makeup dates by now?

Agree with the statement above.

If they are able to do Fall 2021, they will.

So far, the hang up appears to be border issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-30 06:15 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: June 30, 2021 10:26

timbernardis

plexi

Not sure how they would make the economics work on that one. They haven't played an arena show since Vegas 2016 or an arena tour since 2012-13.

Besides, how do you convert a stadium tour into an arena tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-30 10:46 by Topi.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: June 30, 2021 11:28

The Stones played arena shows in Perth (2), 1 in Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane in 2014......

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: June 30, 2021 11:37

Oh, that's right. My bad. But no US arena shows since spring 2013.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 30, 2021 15:45

Just thinking out loud here, but based on comments (even from Mick?) that it may not be possible to do the exact tour as it was originally planned...

We already know that San Diego isn't happening unless they switch to Petco Park, which is a baseball stadium and would go against the other venues that are American Football stadiums.

Based on the weather / climate factor, they could switch the Buffalo show to the Carrier Dome is Syracuse, which is an indoor 'arena' that holds up to 40,000 people I think? So not quite as big as a regular stadium perhaps but certainly way bigger than your average indoor arena.

Then that only leaves Pittsburgh and Cleveland as potential issues with being outdoors in the fall. If the rumoured Pittsburgh date of October 3rd is true, then that could potentially be the tour start date. Cleveland could potentially be replaced with a show at the Rogers Center (SkyDome) in Toronto which again is domed and so the weather is not an issue. It's not ideal for Cleveland locals but with a continent the size of North America, replacing Cleveland and Buffalo with Toronto and Syracuse isn't that crazy. Syracuse is only a two hour drive from Buffalo.

Then, the rest of the venues for the tour would be pretty safe in terms of weather. Hit places like Louisville, Nashville and Charlotte first, as they are all 'open' stadiums and are not way down south, then do Vancouver, Detroit, St. Louis etc, finishing up with Atlanta, Tampa, and finally one or two shows on or near the west coast to replace San Diego, such as the new stadiums in Vegas and LA.

Maybe wishful thinking but I think this could work, and starting the tour in October gives them time to figure things out / wait a bit longer for restrictions to be lifted.

I think most people would like 'a tour' with some venue and city changes, rather than no tour at all. And getting it done this year frees up all of 2022 for 60th anniversary stuff.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 30, 2021 16:45

Mr Jimmy
Just thinking out loud here, but based on comments (even from Mick?) that it may not be possible to do the exact tour as it was originally planned...

We already know that San Diego isn't happening unless they switch to Petco Park, which is a baseball stadium and would go against the other venues that are American Football stadiums.

Based on the weather / climate factor, they could switch the Buffalo show to the Carrier Dome is Syracuse, which is an indoor 'arena' that holds up to 40,000 people I think? So not quite as big as a regular stadium perhaps but certainly way bigger than your average indoor arena.

Then that only leaves Pittsburgh and Cleveland as potential issues with being outdoors in the fall. If the rumoured Pittsburgh date of October 3rd is true, then that could potentially be the tour start date. Cleveland could potentially be replaced with a show at the Rogers Center (SkyDome) in Toronto which again is domed and so the weather is not an issue. It's not ideal for Cleveland locals but with a continent the size of North America, replacing Cleveland and Buffalo with Toronto and Syracuse isn't that crazy. Syracuse is only a two hour drive from Buffalo.

Then, the rest of the venues for the tour would be pretty safe in terms of weather. Hit places like Louisville, Nashville and Charlotte first, as they are all 'open' stadiums and are not way down south, then do Vancouver, Detroit, St. Louis etc, finishing up with Atlanta, Tampa, and finally one or two shows on or near the west coast to replace San Diego, such as the new stadiums in Vegas and LA.

Maybe wishful thinking but I think this could work, and starting the tour in October gives them time to figure things out / wait a bit longer for restrictions to be lifted.

I think most people would like 'a tour' with some venue and city changes, rather than no tour at all. And getting it done this year frees up all of 2022 for 60th anniversary stuff.

Most of the US is open and stadiums are getting the green light to have full crowds, state-by-state. Buffalo is hosting Billy Joel for a full capacity show in August. I think they hold up is whether Canada will be open and whether cross-border traffic will be back to normal. Buffalo, Detroit and Vancouver all have a chunk of their potential audiences coming across the border to fill the house. Other than for family and staff to travel with the band,

I don't see and restrictions on travel for European fans as an impediment (sadly). I've met several Euro-based fans at previous US and Canadian shows. Some are on this site. A fun, interesting, knowledgeable and robust bunch! But I do not see the band not touring over the inability of several dozen fans from Europe being unable to make it. I could see Charlie or Mick or Ronnie not wanting to be away from family for a few months (when you throw in rehearsal time), though.

Anticipation!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 30, 2021 16:45

thecitadel
Several possibilities:

They have three or four days off between shows and also usually take a week off during even a mini tour. Could easily be a gap in the schedule.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 30, 2021 18:08

buffalo7478

Most of the US is open and stadiums are getting the green light to have full crowds, state-by-state. Buffalo is hosting Billy Joel for a full capacity show in August. I think they hold up is whether Canada will be open and whether cross-border traffic will be back to normal. Buffalo, Detroit and Vancouver all have a chunk of their potential audiences coming across the border to fill the house. Other than for family and staff to travel with the band,

I

Yup.
Canada initiating an extension of the border closure for another month (through July 21) was a bit of a surprise as many on both sides of the border expected loosened restrictions,
if not a full opening, at the June 21 deadline.

Now we wait until July 22nd at the earliest for new tour dates etc., for the reasons you list re Buffalo and Detroit, but mainly because the tour includes Vancouver
and they will wait until an official border opening announcement.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 30, 2021 20:31

Hopefully, Canada can get with it. Meanwhile, in the U.S., all the NFL Football stadiums are back to full capacity:

[www.espn.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 30, 2021 22:56

Javadave
Hopefully, Canada can get with it. Meanwhile, in the U.S., all the NFL Football stadiums are back to full capacity:

[www.espn.com]

One reason Canada wants to keep the border closed: USA 333 million people Canada 38 million so 9x more people. Covid cases 33.6 million US, 1.42 million Canada so 23x more cases. Deaths US 604000 Canada 26293 23x more deaths. So covid has been about 2.5 times worse in the States than it has been here. Things are slowly starting to open up, in BC we enter a new stage tomorrow with many restrictions eased. As more people get vaccinated and cases/deaths continue to drop, I'm sure the border will open up sooner rather than later. Have to be careful about new variants of covid. Australia just went into lockdown mode again yesterday.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...134135136137138139140141142143144...LastNext
Current Page: 139 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home