Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...131132133134135136137138139140141...LastNext
Current Page: 136 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 18:28

jimpietryga1
Stadiums are full capacity. Surge doesnt really apply since those vaccinated are protected. If everyone involved with the tour will be vaccinated, only those not vaccinated in the audience are at risk. US folks not vaccinated have made their choice by now as vaccine is plentiful. That wont change next year much until we get a few notable deaths from this Delta variant. 650,000 didnt make a difference.
Time to get the tour announced and move forward...

I agree with this as the perspective at least in the US.

Those who want to be vaccinated have been and those who do not wish to be vaccinated have not (for the most part).

The only qualifier I'd add here is children who do not have an option to be vaccinated, which admittedly is probably a very small portion of an audience at any concert.

In the case of children, for better or worse, parents will likely have to continue to evaluate what's right for their family as it relates to large gatherings, etc. in the near term.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 18:29 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:20

I just went on a 4-day road-trip here and there, up and around.

Observations: The Pandemic is over in the US - at least that's how everybody is behaving.

I saw (literally) about 1% mask rate and no precautions of any kind being taken anywhere....bars & restaurants are packed.

Cases are dropping....everywhere in the US (at least from what I have read/seen).

If the band is ready, it's time to get the tour going...if it is silly gov't regulations that are the hold-up, time to remove them.

If it is the band that is hesitant...well, that's their call. I respect whatever decision they make.

we'll see.

I'm sure there's a lot of moving parts on this one.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:43

MSG was packed (vaccinated only) for the Foo Fighters (with Dave Chappelle!). Music is back.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:52

All major artists are resuming big tours in the US - that includes likes of Genesis, Foo Fighters, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Pearl Jam, Metallica among others. There is no reason for the Stones to pass on this opportunity, especially as they have other plans in pipeline for 2022 (Europe / 60th Ann celebrations). Hope they work out all visa issues and can announce roll out of the Stones tour machine very very soon!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:56

Aquamarine
GasLightStreet
In regard to a 2021 US/NA tour, the Stones, at the moment, only need to avoid Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Wyoming and Mississippi.

Which is not a problem per their usual shows since they hardly play those states, at least, as I recall.

They play Nashville and New Orleans, even if not on this tour.

New Orleans previous 2019 show was 1994, hence "their usual shows" avoiding the South.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:57

I would say Ronnie's health is the one thing folks are forgetting. I don't think US laws are what is keeping this tour from being rescheduled. My guess is they are waiting on a green light for Mr. Wood.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 22, 2021 00:06

GasLightStreet
Aquamarine
GasLightStreet
In regard to a 2021 US/NA tour, the Stones, at the moment, only need to avoid Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Wyoming and Mississippi.

Which is not a problem per their usual shows since they hardly play those states, at least, as I recall.

New Orleans previous 2019 show was 1994, hence "their usual shows" avoiding the South.

Stones played In Tennessee six times between 1994-2015.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 22, 2021 01:20

Going to Vegas again for hockey tomorrow nights game .people stadiums are at full capacity no one is wearing. Masks.sorry to disappoint many on this board but those are the facts that includes the norteast.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 22, 2021 01:27

NashvilleBlues
GasLightStreet
Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

Ehhhh. OK. Well, that's not really the South. I should've been more clear.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: June 22, 2021 01:54

I went to 3 baseball games in San Diego this past weekend at Petco Park at full capacity (40,000 people), and no one was wearing masks-- and they are no longer required. Keep in mind that California was one of the most restrictive states previously and they have lifted all restrictions for live outdoor events. Insurance issues aside for the band, I don't know why you can have a live sporting event at Petco Park (where the Stones have played before) sold out and not have a concert. This is the case everywhere in the US right now.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: June 22, 2021 02:19

To those who think everything should be a 'go' because the US opened up, are you aware what's going on with the Delta variant in Europe? [www.npr.org]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 22, 2021 02:27

It is obvious that you can have these types of events if you choose to. However it's not really clear at this point if you should. You may know that after the fact so there's some merit in trying, but there could be a lot of "undercover transmission" going on in the summer. One can basically just "wait and see" which also seems to be the Stones approach.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 22, 2021 02:35

It's not surprising that organizations like FIFA, UEFA, NFL, IOC and the like would be going forward come whatever if they're allowed. All of them are known to conduct exceptionally ruthless business.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 22, 2021 03:20

campxray
To those who think everything should be a 'go' because the US opened up, are you aware what's going on with the Delta variant in Europe? [www.npr.org]

"A recent study from Public Health England showed two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were 88% effective
against symptomatic disease from the delta variant compared with 93% effectiveness against the alpha variant"

Not only does it spread faster and can make people sicker than previous variants, it also makes the Pfizer vaccine less effective.

While driving around earlier today listening to a local news radio station, there was a scientist saying that with only 45% fully vaccinated in the US, and only apprx. 10% worldwide,
it's now a pandemic of unvaccinated, and those people are basically breeding grounds for new variants to spawn from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 03:36 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 22, 2021 03:42

campxray

I agree. Unfortunately many people don't care, just as they refused to wear masks and refuse to get vaccinated. These people just do not get it until they get it.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 22, 2021 07:00

My Guess is the 2020 Tour will be scrapped all together at this point
and a new tour .. album (HOPEFULLY) etc. will be the direction for 2022.

This means a New Stage .. everything will be in place for a very late Spring / Tour in 2022 (though I think the stage will be similar to what they used for No Filter).

Provided Ronnie (and the rest of them) are in good shape.

Ian

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 22, 2021 08:07

IanBillen: I still don't think it makes sense for them, from a pure financial standpoint, to just cancel the postponed 2020 tour now. There's a reason it has been postponed this long. And that reason is money. Far too much of it on the table for all the parties involved for just to say "screw it".

As far as Ronnie's health, consider this: if Ronnie wasn't healthy enough to go back on, why would Mick go on record (in the French interview) saying they're trying to reschedule the US tour for this fall already? Just a thought.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 22, 2021 10:52

daspyknows
campxray

I agree. Unfortunately many people don't care, just as they refused to wear masks and refuse to get vaccinated. These people just do not get it until they get it.

The Delta variant is spreading. Look at where over 95% of new Covid cases are Delta. Almost nobody in hospital who has been vaccinated, and very few additional deaths - deaths averaging 10 per day in the UK where we usually have 1,600 deaths every day. The worry about Delta in other countries is because not enough people, especially older ones, have been vaccinated yet.

Covid will be with us for many years, many new variants. But for the vaccinated it is like influenza - people get ill and sadly a few die. Buts this is life as normal. So I disagree on the practicality of a Tour this year - at least in countries where most people are vaccinated and people take a balanced view on risks. Insurance or logistics may prevent a Tour, Covid should not.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: June 22, 2021 12:39

Delta variant is mostly giving mild, cold-like symptoms, especially to vaccinated individuals. There is no concern about it if you have taken a vaccine already - just look at pure statistics. Death toll in the UK is extremely low, this is not a deadly virus anymore, not now when we have the vaccines widely available in Europe or the US. Hence, no reason to continue with all restrictions if vaccination rates are at 50%+ levels.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 22, 2021 12:46

GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
GasLightStreet
Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

Tennessee is 100% in the south.

Great cities, Smoky Mountains....beautiful. Well worth a visit.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 22, 2021 14:51

GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
GasLightStreet
Aquamarine
GasLightStreet

It’s clear. You’re wrong. The only non-southern state you listed was Wyoming. Hell, Kentucky is a southern state and it’s north of Tennessee. Tennessee not in the south? That’s a good one.

And you clearly said “since they hardly play those states.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-22 14:54 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: June 22, 2021 15:14

What is the deal with Ronnie's health? I missed this, obviously.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 22, 2021 15:19

dkwalika
What is the deal with Ronnie's health? I missed this, obviously.

Info here..
[iorr.org]

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 22, 2021 17:32

I just got this notification earlier today regarding a show I'm going to in October. Tour is set to kick off in August with the band Wolfmother below coming from Australia.

Band was not able to secure visas in time and had to pull out of the tour.

Obviously the Stones have more friends in high places and pull than this band. Still though I found it interesting and could see it as a potential hang up that is being worked through by the Stones camp.

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 22, 2021 17:42

That gaslight dude seems he needs to get out if the house or needs to learn how to read a map dam...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 22, 2021 17:47

wickerman
Delta variant is mostly giving mild, cold-like symptoms, especially to vaccinated individuals. There is no concern about it if you have taken a vaccine already - just look at pure statistics. Death toll in the UK is extremely low, this is not a deadly virus anymore, not now when we have the vaccines widely available in Europe or the US. Hence, no reason to continue with all restrictions if vaccination rates are at 50%+ levels.

It is not deadly for those vaccinated. Right now only a few countries fit that bill. The US as a whole is in the middle but for every highly vaccinated location there is another with vaccination rates only slightly higher than a third world country. There will likely be another deadly wave before this is truly done then it will simmer for years.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: June 22, 2021 17:50

For those of you saying it’s time to get on with it and Rock and roll, I applaud you! For the Debbie downers: stop being so lame and living in fear! Everything is going to be fine if you have your vaccine. Turn off the news for a few days and live a little.

Ronnie’s health and Visas are the only obstacles I see. This is the greatest band in the world and anything is possible.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 22, 2021 18:09

JDSAM1994
For those of you saying it’s time to get on with it and Rock and roll, I applaud you! For the Debbie downers: stop being so lame and living in fear! Everything is going to be fine if you have your vaccine. Turn off the news for a few days and live a little.

Ronnie’s health and Visas are the only obstacles I see. This is the greatest band in the world and anything is possible.

smileys with beer
Looking forward to this tour!!

The Debbies will immediately pivot to ticket prices, setlists, et al.
Even looking forward to that!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 22, 2021 18:49

JDSAM1994

You sound a bit Trumpian here.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 22, 2021 18:57

daspyknows
wickerman

It is not deadly for those vaccinated. Right now only a few countries fit that bill. The US as a whole is in the middle but for every highly vaccinated location there is another with vaccination rates only slightly higher than a third world country. There will likely be another deadly wave before this is truly done then it will simmer for years.

As has been pointed out already in this thread, several of the cities on the tour itinerary fall in to the latter category of very low vaccination rates.

From NPR:

"There still are big portions of the country where the rates of vaccination are quite low. And, in fact, the Helix paper shows that this Delta variant
is increasing in frequency — the speed at which it's increasing in frequency is greatest in those areas where vaccination rates are lowest." - Dr. Jeremy Luban

The projections indicate that infections could start to rise again as soon as some time in July, especially if the vaccination campaign continues to stall.

Delta

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...131132133134135136137138139140141...LastNext
Current Page: 136 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home