Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...130131132133134135136137138139140...LastNext
Current Page: 135 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 19, 2021 01:44

I am not seeing The Stones reschedule this year. Next Spring hopefully we will be in a much better place. COVID is getting under control ..but it is still an issue.

As well .. Ronnie may need more time. He may still be reciving treatment. He may be in a slow recovery. I do not think he is ready for this just yet.

As long as they do not get out of shape. I sincerely wish they as a band would at least get together and play with each other this late summer and fall to keep warm (... remember how rusty they got 10 years ago with a legnthy time off.. imagine now?!).

Next Spring .. May-ish with The Release of a new studio album in the Spring would be probably the final 'major' Rolling Stones venture. The world would be more ready by Spring. As well it could unofficially be 60 years. That time frame would make much more sense. We are still in COVID - ville. The shows that are going to happen this year are an after-thought. No major publicity .. World isn't ready jus yet for that hoopla and celebration / fun time yet (vibe isn't there).

IMO we are still sort of in COVID limbo. I see them waiting until Spring of 2022.

I just HOPE they get together to stay warm enough / not get ice cold to the point of a break down as was almost the case last time. Ya can't taKake lots of time off when one / a band gets this age and then bounce back fairly quickly .. if at all (and ummmmm ....mayyybe they will finish the F***G album! Lol smh).

- Ian

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-19 01:49 by IanBillen.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: June 19, 2021 03:06

If they don't tour this year, what are their plans going to be for next year (if all the rumors are to be believed)? Rumors say that they are planning to reschedule last year's tour and have already booked the venues, while also trying to book venues in Europe for a potential 60th anniversary tour next year.

If they can't tour this year, is it likely that the 2020 tour will be scrapped completely and will just start fresh with a new tour in Europe next year? There was a rumor posted earlier that they were planning to wait until 2022 in the first place, but were having a hard time booking the stadiums and decided to go for fall 2021. Or will they still try to salvage the 2020 tour next year and cancel whatever plans they've already made for Europe?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2021 11:45

HotStuff92

Or will they still try to salvage the 2020 tour next year and cancel whatever plans they've already made for Europe?

Maybe US-Tour postponed to 2022 due to spreading of the Covid-19 Delta-variant. Tour of Europe then in 2023 for Charlie's 60th Anniversary.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 19, 2021 12:34

Irix
HotStuff92

Or will they still try to salvage the 2020 tour next year and cancel whatever plans they've already made for Europe?

Maybe US-Tour postponed to 2022 due to spreading of the Covid-19 Delta-variant. Tour of Europe then in 2023 for Charlie's 60th Anniversary.

I think they should wait until a clearer picture emerges

(btw. Charlie already turned 80 this year)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2021 12:40

slewan

Yes, but 12-Jan-2023 will be the 60th Anniversary of his RS Band-membership. And 7-Jun-2023 will be the 60th Anniversary of the 1st RS-Single (Come On).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-19 12:45 by Irix.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 19, 2021 13:07

HotStuff92
If they don't tour this year, what are their plans going to be for next year (if all the rumors are to be believed)? Rumors say that they are planning to reschedule last year's tour and have already booked the venues, while also trying to book venues in Europe for a potential 60th anniversary tour next year.

If they can't tour this year, is it likely that the 2020 tour will be scrapped completely and will just start fresh with a new tour in Europe next year? There was a rumor posted earlier that they were planning to wait until 2022 in the first place, but were having a hard time booking the stadiums and decided to go for fall 2021. Or will they still try to salvage the 2020 tour next year and cancel whatever plans they've already made for Europe?

If it's not possible for them to schedule the postponed 2020 dates this fall there is also the possibility they will play in both the US and the UK in 2022.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-19 22:10 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 19, 2021 14:24

So they would do (a lot) more than 20 shows total next year? Doubtful at their age. In recent years, 15 shows per year has pretty much been the norm.

Would have to think the US tour takes priority with the majority of the tickets sold. That's a tour that's already there (albeit postponed), whereas UK/Europe next year is just rumors at this point. Don't think it makes that much sense for them to just cancel the US tour (and refund everybody, which obviously is a loss for them), only to be "able" to play UK/Europe in 2022.

USA is where the money is for them, they always charge a bit more for tickets there on average than in Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-19 14:28 by Topi.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 19, 2021 20:09

Irix
slewan

Yes, but 12-Jan-2023 will be the 60th Anniversary of his RS Band-membership. And 7-Jun-2023 will be the 60th Anniversary of the 1st RS-Single (Come On).

If they can’t do US this year, will be 2022 and Europe would shift to 2023.

The 60th in 23 in Europe would be consistent with 50 and Counting in US in 2013.

Recognizing that they did a small number of shows in 2012.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 19, 2021 20:14

Dougratajczak87
Irix
slewan

The 60th in 23 in Europe would be consistent with 50 and Counting in US in 2013.

That makes sense. Hopefully they can safely do it this fall and maneuver all the scheduling hurdles.

Date: June 19, 2021 20:28

Dougratajczak87
Irix
slewan

those fall 2012 shows were something like testing the waters (i.e. to sell if there's sill are market for the Stones and how high the can go with the ticket prices).

And don't forget they are now almost 10 years older than they were in 2012/13

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 19, 2021 23:36

IanBillen
I am not seeing The Stones reschedule this year. Next Spring hopefully we will be in a much better place. COVID is getting under control ..but it is still an issue.

As well .. Ronnie may need more time. He may still be reciving treatment. He may be in a slow recovery. I do not think he is ready for this just yet.

As long as they do not get out of shape. I sincerely wish they as a band would at least get together and play with each other this late summer and fall to keep warm (... remember how rusty they got 10 years ago with a legnthy time off.. imagine now?!).

Next Spring .. May-ish with The Release of a new studio album in the Spring would be probably the final 'major' Rolling Stones venture. The world would be more ready by Spring. As well it could unofficially be 60 years. That time frame would make much more sense. We are still in COVID - ville. The shows that are going to happen this year are an after-thought. No major publicity .. World isn't ready jus yet for that hoopla and celebration / fun time yet (vibe isn't there).

IMO we are still sort of in COVID limbo. I see them waiting until Spring of 2022.

I just HOPE they get together to stay warm enough / not get ice cold to the point of a break down as was almost the case last time. Ya can't taKake lots of time off when one / a band gets this age and then bounce back fairly quickly .. if at all (and ummmmm ....mayyybe they will finish the F***G album! Lol smh).

- Ian

Agreed. Seems like this is the best course of action and makes a lot of sense. I would be happy if it did happen this fall though. Mister DDDD will still maintain this fall in any event until the postponement is actually announced. It would also be better for me financially, allow more time to set aside funds for the tour.

So the question becomes, will they do the USA AND the 60th tour in the same year?

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-19 23:48 by timbernardis.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 19, 2021 23:44

Irix
HotStuff92

I like that Irix. Charlie the god.

plexi

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 20, 2021 00:00

IanBillen

- Ian

I totally agree, now is not right time, could have a surge in Sept. Then no concerts allowed.

Date: June 20, 2021 02:39

timbernardis
IanBillen

- Ian

Agreed. Seems like this is the best course of action and makes a lot of sense. I would be happy if it did happen this fall though. Mister DDDD will still maintain this fall in any event until the postponement is actually announced. It would also be better for me financially, allow more time to set aside funds for the tour.

So the question becomes, will they do the USA AND the 60th tour in the same year?

plexi

Maybe they'll do USA and some shows at RAH for the 60th in 2022, followed by a euro 60th tour in 2023.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 20, 2021 03:51

SomeTorontoGirl
Well this is interesting - I was just reading that people who have been vaccinated with the Astra Zeneca vaccine won’t be allowed the in audience for Springsteen on Broadway, because AZ is not a US FDA-approved vaccine. This may be temporary, but it’s worth watching to see if similar rules might apply to a Stones tour. Damn.

[www.thestar.com]

Just reading that attendees can now be admitted if they have received vaccines in line with US FDA or WHO, which includes AZ. Hopefully this will be broadly applied.

“ The theatre behind a Broadway production featuring Bruce Springsteen says it’s now able to welcome audience members who received the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

Jujamcyn Theaters had previously said audience members wishing to attend “Springsteen on Broadway” needed to be immunized with vaccines approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, leaving those who received AstraZeneca on the sidelines.

But the Jujamcyn website now says it will accept audience members vaccinated with shots approved by either the FDA or the World Health Organization, meaning AstraZeneca recipients can now attend.” Toronto Star

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: June 20, 2021 04:11

For us Brits we need the US to move forward this fall. If not, won’t be much apart from the UK next year.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 20, 2021 19:29

SomeTorontoGirl
SomeTorontoGirl
Well this is interesting - I was just reading that people who have been vaccinated with the Astra Zeneca vaccine won’t be allowed the in audience for Springsteen on Broadway, because AZ is not a US FDA-approved vaccine. This may be temporary, but it’s worth watching to see if similar rules might apply to a Stones tour. Damn.

[www.thestar.com]

Just reading that attendees can now be admitted if they have received vaccines in line with US FDA or WHO, which includes AZ. Hopefully this will be broadly applied.

“ The theatre behind a Broadway production featuring Bruce Springsteen says it’s now able to welcome audience members who received the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

Jujamcyn Theaters had previously said audience members wishing to attend “Springsteen on Broadway” needed to be immunized with vaccines approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, leaving those who received AstraZeneca on the sidelines.

But the Jujamcyn website now says it will accept audience members vaccinated with shots approved by either the FDA or the World Health Organization, meaning AstraZeneca recipients can now attend.” Toronto Star

That didn't take long. Now, only those not vaccinated can be kept out.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 20, 2021 20:49

Right, see also Springsteen topic.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 20, 2021 21:31

I don't really believe they're going to play the shows this year

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 20, 2021 21:52

If they don’t announce rescheduled dates by July 4, I’ll start to worry about a 2021 tour not happening.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 21, 2021 00:18

Just reminder Met life stadium in new jersey is 100% full capacity
[jetswire.usatoday.com]

and Garth Brooks is doing stadium shows basically every saturday night starting July 10th
[garthbrooks.com]

America is ready...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2021 00:37

Nikkei

I also felt that early on but then all the signs were that they were going to. With the Delta rearing its ugly head and a bit of a stall on new vaccinations in the US, I'm kinda thinking they won't bother as it's just too unclear. UK is backtracking it's opening and it's only going to get worse now in the US with the Delta.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 21, 2021 01:04

treaclefingers
Nikkei

I also felt that early on but then all the signs were that they were going to. With the Delta rearing its ugly head and a bit of a stall on new vaccinations in the US, I'm kinda thinking they won't bother as it's just too unclear. UK is backtracking it's opening and it's only going to get worse now in the US with the Delta.

I would agree - a few weeks ago I was starting to get a bit more optimistic that things were looking good for the Stones, but things have changed since then. Considering there was a possibility of an announcement a couple weeks ago, and the fact it's still being delayed is a bit deflating though not too surprising. There's variants running amok, and there's the vaccine hesitancy to name just a couple of hurdles, and to think that the Stones and their massive crew would attempt to maneuver through it seems unrealistic at this point. Maybe things will change for the better again, and hopefully sooner rather than later. Throughout this entire ordeal I've been cautiously optimistic, hopeful, and realistic, and will continue to be until the writings on the wall, and it's etched in stone one way or the other.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 01:08 by Hairball.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2021 04:19

Hairball
treaclefingers
Nikkei

I would agree - a few weeks ago I was starting to get a bit more optimistic that things were looking good for the Stones, but things have changed since then. Considering there was a possibility of an announcement a couple weeks ago, and the fact it's still being delayed is a bit deflating though not too surprising. There's variants running amok, and there's the vaccine hesitancy to name just a couple of hurdles, and to think that the Stones and their massive crew would attempt to maneuver through it seems unrealistic at this point. Maybe things will change for the better again, and hopefully sooner rather than later. Throughout this entire ordeal I've been cautiously optimistic, hopeful, and realistic, and will continue to be until the writings on the wall, and it's etched in stone one way or the other.

Unfortunately in this instance, Time is not, on their Side. It's almost July. Theoretically still possible, but the trend at the moment is all that great. If we get a post-July 4th bump in cases, I'd say that will be it.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 04:53

treaclefingers
Hairball
treaclefingers
Nikkei

Unfortunately in this instance, Time is not, on their Side. It's almost July. Theoretically still possible, but the trend at the moment is all that great. If we get a post-July 4th bump in cases, I'd say that will be it.

Given the unique circumstances and that most of the tickets have been sold, I'm personally prepared to not hear anything until mid to late July.

If we don't hear anything before the end of July, then we likely have our answer imo.

At this rate, the world is changing so quickly, that I think patience is the key.

My personal opinion is that things in US appear to be getting better by the day, at least in our local communities, at least from a COVID perspective.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 04:56 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: June 21, 2021 06:38

I feel like it's a 50/50 at this point. I don't think a delay means much one way or the other. They could simply be waiting for an announcement on the border re-opening. Or they could be waiting to say it's all going ahead for next year due to certain concerns. Who knows?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 21, 2021 08:19

In regard to a 2021 US/NA tour, the Stones, at the moment, only need to avoid Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Wyoming and Mississippi.

Which is not a problem per their usual shows since they hardly play those states, at least, as I recall.

Date: June 21, 2021 08:51

well, the Euro 2021 soccer cups shows that it seems to be impossible to get even reduced masses of spectators to respect Covid safty rule

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 21, 2021 09:00

GasLightStreet
In regard to a 2021 US/NA tour, the Stones, at the moment, only need to avoid Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Wyoming and Mississippi.

Which is not a problem per their usual shows since they hardly play those states, at least, as I recall.

They play Nashville and New Orleans, even if not on this tour.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 18:06

Stadiums are full capacity. Surge doesnt really apply since those vaccinated are protected. If everyone involved with the tour will be vaccinated, only those not vaccinated in the audience are at risk. US folks not vaccinated have made their choice by now as vaccine is plentiful. That wont change next year much until we get a few notable deaths from this Delta variant. 650,000 didnt make a difference.
Time to get the tour announced and move forward...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...130131132133134135136137138139140...LastNext
Current Page: 135 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home