Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 18, 2021 01:02

TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks
buffalo7478
The Buffalo Bills play in Buffalo 9/12 then are gone till 9/26. I believe it took about a week to get the stadium ready for their 2015 show, and then 3 days to clear all out. So the 16th is in that window.

That’s not true The assembly of the stage starts about 48 hours before the show. The disassembly is down in about 18 hours. All the trucks are gone within 24 hours

Your information is incorrect as well. It generally takes 3 days to erect the steel stage structure (40 to 50 stagehands working 8 to 10 hours per day with 2 or 3 construction cranes) although this can be compressed to about 2 days if necessary by crews working round the clock. Then it takes one 12-16 hour day (with a crew of 100+) on the day before show day to load in the tour production equipment (sound, lighting, video, stage set, dressing rooms, etc.) On show day the Stones band gear and support act equipment is set up on stage, security barricades and chairs are set up on the field, concessions and merchandise stands are readied, etc. Then immediately after the show the production equipment is loaded out (about 4 hours) and following this the stage is disassembled and loaded onto trucks and driven to the following tour stop. On the No Filter Tour there are 2 stages which "leapfrog" to consecutive cities. So, it takes about 6 or 7 days from the time when the first truck is unloaded until the last one leaves the parking lot. The football field is usually ready to use within a day after the show however, NFL rules state that the field needs to be ready 72 hours before a game so the teams have time to set up their equipment and practice on the field. Therefore you need to have the stadium available for 7 to 9 days in order to stage a concert. This means that in most cases, a Monday/Sunday-to-Sunday/Monday availability does not work.

No you are incorrect. My brother used to drive for Truck and Roll. I just got off the phone with him to confirm. Assembly starts 2 days before in the morning The last truck rolls out about 20 hours after the show is done. You’re wrong

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 18, 2021 01:18

Cooltoplady
TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks
buffalo7478
The Buffalo Bills play in Buffalo 9/12 then are gone till 9/26. I believe it took about a week to get the stadium ready for their 2015 show, and then 3 days to clear all out. So the 16th is in that window.

That’s not true The assembly of the stage starts about 48 hours before the show. The disassembly is down in about 18 hours. All the trucks are gone within 24 hours

Your information is incorrect as well. It generally takes 3 days to erect the steel stage structure (40 to 50 stagehands working 8 to 10 hours per day with 2 or 3 construction cranes) although this can be compressed to about 2 days if necessary by crews working round the clock. Then it takes one 12-16 hour day (with a crew of 100+) on the day before show day to load in the tour production equipment (sound, lighting, video, stage set, dressing rooms, etc.) On show day the Stones band gear and support act equipment is set up on stage, security barricades and chairs are set up on the field, concessions and merchandise stands are readied, etc. Then immediately after the show the production equipment is loaded out (about 4 hours) and following this the stage is disassembled and loaded onto trucks and driven to the following tour stop. On the No Filter Tour there are 2 stages which "leapfrog" to consecutive cities. So, it takes about 6 or 7 days from the time when the first truck is unloaded until the last one leaves the parking lot. The football field is usually ready to use within a day after the show however, NFL rules state that the field needs to be ready 72 hours before a game so the teams have time to set up their equipment and practice on the field. Therefore you need to have the stadium available for 7 to 9 days in order to stage a concert. This means that in most cases, a Monday/Sunday-to-Sunday/Monday availability does not work.

No you are incorrect. My brother used to drive for Truck and Roll. I just got off the phone with him to confirm. Assembly starts 2 days before in the morning The last truck rolls out about 20 hours after the show is done. You’re wrong

I am an IATSE union stagehand with 25+ years experience and have worked hundreds of arena and stadium shows in the NYC/NJ and the San Francisco Bay Area over the years. I have also worked on the road for the Rolling Stones on the Bridges To Babylon/No Security, Licks and A Bigger Bang tours. I worked on the No Filter shows in New Jersey and Philadelphia in 2019 so I know first hand what I'm talking about. So, do you still want to argue with me?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-18 06:21 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 18, 2021 01:36

Metlife Stadium is 100%

As permitted by current New Jersey policies on businesses and gatherings, MetLife Stadium will open at full capacity this season without requiring face coverings, proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test.

[www.giants.com]

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 18, 2021 02:04

TornAndFried

I am an IATSE union stagehand with 25+ years experience and have worked hundreds of arena and stadium shows in the NYC/NJ and San Francisco Bay Area over the years. I have also worked on the road for the Rolling Stones on the Bridges To Babylon/No Security, Licks and A Bigger Bang tours. I worked on the No Filter shows in New Jersey and Philadelphia in 2019 so I know first hand what I'm talking about. So, do you still want to argue with me?[/quote]

IATSE strong! I was film, but wished I'd worked rock n' roll (seems muscians want to be actors, and actors want to be musicians, is it the same for crew?).

Rock on TornandFried smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-18 02:07 by snoopy2.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 18, 2021 02:53

Good news about met life I'msuppose
to go there for pats jets this yr.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 18, 2021 03:46

TornAndFried
I am an IATSE union stagehand with 25+ years experience and have worked hundreds of arena and stadium shows in the NYC/NJ and San Francisco Bay Area over the years. I have also worked on the road for the Rolling Stones on the Bridges To Babylon/No Security, Licks and A Bigger Bang tours. I worked on the No Filter shows in New Jersey and Philadelphia in 2019 so I know first hand what I'm talking about. So, do you still want to argue with me?

Quick aside (and a bit trivial)cool smiley
I saw "crew shirts" at some of the NF shows in '19, including in NJ.

Bit of a unique tour shirt fan (snagged a few from a tour truck driver in Santa Clara) but the ones they had marked for crew in NJ were quite nice.
Get in on that at all??

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 18, 2021 03:54

TornAndFried
Cooltoplady
TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks
buffalo7478

I am an IATSE union stagehand with 25+ years experience and have worked hundreds of arena and stadium shows in the NYC/NJ and San Francisco Bay Area over the years. I have also worked on the road for the Rolling Stones on the Bridges To Babylon/No Security, Licks and A Bigger Bang tours. I worked on the No Filter shows in New Jersey and Philadelphia in 2019 so I know first hand what I'm talking about. So, do you still want to argue with me?

Waaah! Wasah! Waaah! Grow up and stop making things up little boy

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 18, 2021 04:07

I just looked at an old Bills schedule. They played Sunday Oct 5 Three days later The Stones played That means they start setting up 48 before the show. Yeah Torn And Frayed quit the BS facts are facts I laughed about your job. Yeah right lol

Date: June 18, 2021 05:03

snoopy2
TornAndFried

IATSE strong! I was film, but wished I'd worked rock n' roll (seems musicians want to be actors, and actors want to be musicians, is it the same for crew?).

Rock on TornandFried smiling smiley

I do film and television work in NYC as well (IATSE Local #52) and it has it's advantages over stagehand work such as (generally) easier work, good catering, nicer people, interesting locations, etc. However, even after all these years I still enjoy working on a big show in a stadium on a nice summer day, or in a historic theater or in a nice location like Central Park or Golden Gate Park. The two balance each other out and each has its benefits and disadvantages.

Date: June 18, 2021 05:07

MisterDDDD
TornAndFried

Quick aside (and a bit trivial)cool smiley
I saw "crew shirts" at some of the NF shows in '19, including in NJ.

Bit of a unique tour shirt fan (snagged a few from a tour truck driver in Santa Clara) but the ones they had marked for crew in NJ were quite nice.
Get in on that at all??

No. Unfortunately they did not give out any shirts to local crew on the 2019 No Filter Tour. I'm not sure why. Almost every other band does. Come to think of it they didn't give out shirts for the 2012/13 "50 and Counting Tour" either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-18 05:31 by TornAndFried.

Date: June 18, 2021 05:26

Cooltoplady
TornAndFried
Cooltoplady
TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks
buffalo7478

Waaah! Wasah! Waaah! Grow up and stop making things up little boy

Taken from a 2017 article in "Live Production" in 2017.
A professional concert industry website.

[www.live-production.tv]

Satisfaction Unfiltered!
posted:22/10/2017

Since building the support structure for Mark Fisher’s iconic, fire-breathing cobra on the 1994/95 Voodoo Lounge tour, StageCo has been proud to have a close association with the world’s greatest and most enduring rock’n’roll band, The Rolling Stones. This year (2017) has seen them back on the road with No Filter – yet another spectacular production milestone that has spanned outdoor stadiums & arenas around Europe with StageCo’s expertise close to hand all the way.

From the outset, the band’s main wish was for a tidy and streamlined production, with sleek contours but absolutely no hint of behind the scenes steelwork. Spreading 60 metres wide, the resulting set features four monolithic 22m high x 11m wide LED video screens, a 28m long T-shaped catwalk and B-stage, and a bespoke, cantilevered, transparent-skinned ‘roofette’ that hovers above the band.

Stefaan Vandenbosch, the leader of one of the two outdoor Stageco crews (Kevin De Meyer managed the other), commented: “Each system fills 17 trucks. Working with our own team of 14 along with 15 local climbers (riggers) and 15 stage hands, it takes two and a half days to load in with six fork lifts and a pair of cranes, and we are averaging about 18 hours to pull it all down and put back into the trucks to head to the next venue.” *

* Note: they are talking about the steel stage structure here, not the entire tour production (lights, sound, video, set, etc.) That takes an additional day to load in.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-18 09:12 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 18, 2021 06:32

Too funny.

Mick: 56 trucks, yeahhhhhh!

Reality: Uh huh.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 18, 2021 08:36

More Hot Rocks
I just looked at an old Bills schedule. They played Sunday Oct 5 Three days later The Stones played That means they start setting up 48 before the show. Yeah Torn And Frayed quit the BS facts are facts I laughed about your job. Yeah right lol

That was 1997. Since at least 2014, the stage construction has taken a minimum of four days prior to the concert. I believe it can be taken down in approximately 18 hours. The Stones need 5-6 days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-18 08:39 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: June 18, 2021 09:33

GlimmerGirl24
More Hot Rocks

That was 1997. Since at least 2014, the stage construction has taken a minimum of four days prior to the concert. I believe it can be taken down in approximately 18 hours. The Stones need 5-6 days.

The Bridges To Babylon stage took as long (if not longer) to set up as the No Filter stage does. In this case in Buffalo they had to do a compressed build with additional stagehands working around the clock in 12-hour shifts in order to get the stage ready in time. They started working shortly after the game was over (it was a 1 PM start time) and it was finished in about 30 hours rather than the usual 3 days (working 10-hour days). Production load in was the day before the show (Tuesday, October 7) and the show was on Wednesday.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-18 11:33 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 18, 2021 10:34

TornAndFried
GlimmerGirl24
More Hot Rocks

The Bridges To Babylon stage took as long (if not longer) to set up as the No Filter stage does. In this case in Buffalo, they had to do a compressed build with additional stagehands working around the clock in 12-hour shifts in order to get the stage ready in time. They started working shortly after the game was over (it was a 1 PM start time) and it was finished in about 30 hours rather than the usual 3 days (working 10-hour days). Production load in was the day before the show (Tuesday, October 7) and the show was on Wednesday.

I flew out of Philadelphia in 2019 some 13 hours after the show had ended. The Stadium floor was clear, apart from the metal flooring covering some of the pitch. I saw a few trucks outside; some may have been the staging. Pretty fast clear out.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 18, 2021 18:42

Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl
Well this is interesting - I was just reading that people who have been vaccinated with the Astra Zeneca vaccine won’t be allowed the in audience for Springsteen on Broadway, because AZ is not a US FDA-approved vaccine. This may be temporary, but it’s worth watching to see if similar rules might apply to a Stones tour. Damn.

[www.thestar.com]

Article blocked by paywall, but the headline says it all:

Burn in the U.S.A.: Canadians who got the AstraZeneca vaccine can’t see ‘Springsteen on Broadway’

WTF...aside from Canadians, there's plenty of Boss fans in other countries who have had the AstraZeneca vaccine,
and I imagine there are some who were planning/hoping to see him on Broadway. Hope it gets worked out for everyone somehow...

It also raises the question … what type of vaccine have the Stones and staff / crew received? Charlie and Ronnie in the UK may well have received AZ, and many other people too. If you have to be vaxed to attend, will they be permitted in the venues? I have a feeling this will all be sorted, but it’s a definitely a speed bump on the road back to some semblance of normalcy.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 18, 2021 19:02

The Astrazeneca vaccine is excellent and works extremely well so this is just another example of red tape,stupidity and slow progress from officialdom in getting things moving.

Nate

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 18, 2021 19:24

Nate
The Astrazeneca vaccine is excellent and works extremely well so this is just another example of red tape,stupidity and slow progress from officialdom in getting things moving.

Nate

100% correct.....but, who is ultimately in charge of this policy? Bruce? The theater? NY? NYC?

Besides, this is also an example of baseless segregation...it has the same amount of scientific validity as segregation based on skin color....zero.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 18, 2021 19:33

stickyfingers101
Nate

Nate

100% correct.....but, who is ultimately in charge of this policy? Bruce? The theater? NY? NYC?

Besides, this is also an example of baseless segregation...it has the same amount of scientific validity as segregation based on skin color....zero.

This is not like segregation based on skin color. That is racist and disgusting. People have no choice in what race they are born. Vaccination or non vaccination is a personal choice. If someone chooses not to get vaccinated they should not complain they are precluded from entering a private business that chooses to require vaccinations. If you want to go, get vaccinated. Period.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 18, 2021 19:45

I think too much is being read into the Springsteen/NY rules for the first indoor Broadway show.
This is not going to be the norm, this is the first full capacity show and is abiding by NY State current guidelines. States guidelines are all different, and most are changing rapidly.

Even this relatively small theatre show, despite requiring US FDA approved vaccines, has an option for testing in lieu of vax proof for kids attending with vaxxed adults. Stadium shows in NY already are now allowed at 100% no covid proof/testing required.

What does the end of NY Covid rules mean for concerts, sports, shows?
Updated Jun 16, 2021; Posted Jun 15, 2021

The end of New York’s Covid-19 rules means big changes for concerts, sports and shows in the state.

Indoor and outdoor stadiums, theaters, arenas, concert venues and event spots of any size can now operate at 100% capacity, with every seat full, regardless of whether everyone is vaccinated or not, according to Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office.

Big indoor venues have to follow extra rules to get to that point, but even they can do it.

Cuomo announced the end of most of New York’s remaining pandemic rules earlier today after the state reached 70% of adults with at least one dose of a Covid vaccine. The changes are effective immediately.

The rules for outdoor venues of all sizes have been lifted completely. That means no more capacity limits, distancing rules, checks for negative Covid tests or required proof of vaccination, according to Cuomo’s office.

Unvaccinated people still have to wear masks.
[www.syracuse.com]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 18, 2021 19:48

daspyknows
stickyfingers101
Nate

Nate

This is not like segregation based on skin color. That is racist and disgusting. People have no choice in what race they are born. Vaccination or non vaccination is a personal choice. If someone chooses not to get vaccinated they should not complain they are precluded from entering a private business that chooses to require vaccinations. If you want to go, get vaccinated. Period.

if you got Astrazeneca, they are not letting you in to see Bruce

People in certain (many?) countries have absolutely no choice which Vax they got.

so, they got the Vax, but are still being segregated and punished...that's disgusting too....not nearly as disgusting as Segregation based on skin color, but that's not what I said.....

I didn't say it was THE SAME....I said: it has the scientific validity of segregation based on skin color....in other words, NO scientific validity...Astrazeneca works very well (science)...but, you still can't get into Bruce w/ it (not science)....

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 18, 2021 20:35

I read online now that Saturday Night Live and the Colbert show are also not allowing audience members who have gotten the Astra vaccine!
Here in Canada, approximately 2 million have received the Astra shot, including myself. I got my second shot last week. Prime Minister Trudeau and BC Premier John Horgan also have the Astra shots. No one has received the Johnson and Johnson shot here.

Date: June 18, 2021 20:53

Give it time. They will sort all of this out. Ultimately those who will complain the hardest are those who review vaccination. Right now they are erring on caution but the better minds will prevail and just keep out those unvaccinated.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: June 18, 2021 20:55

I'm in Canada. I got my first shot of Pfizer last April and I'm scheduled to have my 2nd shot next week :-)

I'll be ready for an announcement in Canada or USA...

Posted by: glimmerstone ()
Date: June 18, 2021 21:02

I'm from Canada as well.

As of yesterday our government is now recommending that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna are the preferred second doses for those who took AstraZeneca as their first.

Wonder how this "mix and match" situation will be received - I got AZ and will likely get Pfizer for second.

All will get sorted out eventually, but with late summer/fall dates possibly coming and still holding tickets to multiple shows - it is kind of nerve racking on the timing.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 18, 2021 22:59

MisterDDDD
tonyc
DGA35
HotStuff92
Are there any rumors that they plan on following the same itinerary from last year? So far there have been three potentially leaked or rumored dates to surface, and they seem to suggest that they could. If they follow the same route, and with the same amount of days in between shows, the dates could look something like this:

Vancouver 8/24
Minneapolis 8/28*
Nashville 9/1
Austin 9/5
Dallas 9/10
Buffalo 9/16
Detroit 9/20
Louisville 9/24*
Cleveland 9/29
Pittsburgh 10/3*
St. Louis 10/7
Charlotte 10/12
Tampa 10/16
Atlanta 10/20

Dates marked with an asterisk are the ones that are currently rumored. Of course, this is purely speculation on my part. I've not looked into whether or not the stadiums are available on these dates, or if it conflicts at all with the NFL schedule; I only found it interesting that the currently rumored dates seem to line up in such a way.

They could hold off Vancouver til the end being indoors. I don't think there's been any concerts held yet where the roof has been opened.

I don't see why the Stones would necessarily want to follow the previous itinerary. There are ways they could reconfigure the new schedule in a way that would involve less travel.

They're no doubt contractually committed to the venues in some fashion, in addition to other monies spent advertising, printing tickets, etc.
Not to mention a fair amount of tix already sold to them,

I like HotStuff92's guess at the dates and think it will be close.
Will be interesting to see where they play in lieu of the now defunct San Diego venue..
My bet (pun intended) is Vegas, but the southern Cal market is one I doubt they'll abandon, so they'll perhaps more likely kick it off somewhere in LA or SD.
I would add whatever that venue ends up being to the top of HS's list, potentially putting the opener in the 8/20 range.

You misunderstood or I said it poorly. I meant they would still do all those dates but not necessarily in that order. They could reorganize the cities and be more fuel efficient and cost effective.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 18, 2021 23:02

Right now there isn't much trust between countries when it comes to border crossing. They are afraid of fake vaccine papers, fake covid test results and so on. The border between Sweden and Norway opened last week, there is a five hours queue to enter from Sweden to Norway, over the bridge at Svinesund, because they do manual control, you have to fill in forms, they check your vaccine pass and so on. Today they announced they will accept EU test passes. In a month or so, I am sure most proper vaccine passes will be safe and acceptable. Meanwhile, you just have to be very very patient on border crossings. The will not tour until this is all sorted out.

Bjornulf

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 18, 2021 23:17

US border closed for one more month as of yesterday.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 18, 2021 23:20

It’s pathetic that these issues such as vaccine passports and long queues at border controls have not been solved already.Authorities have known since early last year that this would be an issue when borders started to reopen and all that’s required is digital technology that already exists.
If only the same people who produced the vaccines were put in charge of everything Covid related we would all be back to normality much quicker than is happening with the muppets in charge in the halls of power.

Nate

Date: June 19, 2021 01:38

Nate
It’s pathetic that these issues such as vaccine passports and long queues at border controls have not been solved already.Authorities have known since early last year that this would be an issue when borders started to reopen and all that’s required is digital technology that already exists.
If only the same people who produced the vaccines were put in charge of everything Covid related we would all be back to normality much quicker than is happening with the muppets in charge in the halls of power.

Nate

When you have the anti-vaxxer crowd out there whining and forging documents it makes it harder for everyone. I wouldn't blame those in charge for that. In the US a national vaccine passport could be done and would solve many issues but that ship has sailed because of one political party and states like Florida, Texas, North Dakota and Mississippi. Instead it is a free for all and the delta variant is going to slap these states down.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1536
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home