Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 16, 2021 08:09

BC Place Stadium in Vancouver will reopen August 19 2021 for BC Lions football game. No mention of reduced capacity or any other protocols. Looks like we're back in the game, baby.cool smiley

[www.straight.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 16, 2021 09:03

mosthigh
BC Place Stadium in Vancouver will reopen August 19 2021 for BC Lions football game. No mention of reduced capacity or any other protocols. Looks like we're back in the game, baby.cool smiley

[www.straight.com]

Yes, and I'm sure the border with the US will be open before then.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: June 17, 2021 00:03

Are there any rumors that they plan on following the same itinerary from last year? So far there have been three potentially leaked or rumored dates to surface, and they seem to suggest that they could. If they follow the same route, and with the same amount of days in between shows, the dates could look something like this:

Vancouver 8/24
Minneapolis 8/28*
Nashville 9/1
Austin 9/5
Dallas 9/10
Buffalo 9/16
Detroit 9/20
Louisville 9/24*
Cleveland 9/29
Pittsburgh 10/3*
St. Louis 10/7
Charlotte 10/12
Tampa 10/16
Atlanta 10/20

Dates marked with an asterisk are the ones that are currently rumored. Of course, this is purely speculation on my part. I've not looked into whether or not the stadiums are available on these dates, or if it conflicts at all with the NFL schedule; I only found it interesting that the currently rumored dates seem to line up in such a way.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 17, 2021 00:07

HotStuff92
Are there any rumors that they plan on following the same itinerary from last year? So far there have been three potentially leaked or rumored dates to surface, and they seem to suggest that they could. If they follow the same route, and with the same amount of days in between shows, the dates could look something like this:

Vancouver 8/24
Minneapolis 8/28*
Nashville 9/1
Austin 9/5
Dallas 9/10
Buffalo 9/16
Detroit 9/20
Louisville 9/24*
Cleveland 9/29
Pittsburgh 10/3*
St. Louis 10/7
Charlotte 10/12
Tampa 10/16
Atlanta 10/20

Dates marked with an asterisk are the ones that are currently rumored. Of course, this is purely speculation on my part. I've not looked into whether or not the stadiums are available on these dates, or if it conflicts at all with the NFL schedule; I only found it interesting that the currently rumored dates seem to line up in such a way.

They could hold off Vancouver til the end being indoors. I don't think there's been any concerts held yet where the roof has been opened.

Date: June 17, 2021 00:13

From what I remember the 2019 rescheduled dates stayed close to the day of the week it was originally scheduled for in regard to middle of the week or weekend. I would imagine they attempt to do the same now.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 17, 2021 00:50

On the Road Again: Tour Crews Are Hopeful But Wary as Concerts Return

Live-music professionals who work with Green Day, James Taylor, and others share their thoughts as Covid restrictions ease and the concert business gets back into gear

By David Browne
June 16, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 17, 2021 00:53

Topi
Rumor in the Shidoobee Facebook group saying they're trying to reschedule the Louisville concert to (the weekend of) September 24th.

Not sure why they would still be trying to reschedule as stadiums have already been booked as bv posted recently.
And GlimmerGirl24 had said an announcement was imminent around that time, but it was delayed and everything put on hold due to various concerns.

"Stadiums are booked, but the virus is still out there, live and changing,. across the world". - bv

"The venues are set, the stadiums have half the tickets left to sell, but there has been no announcement".- GG24

TKinOH
[louderthanlifefestival.com]

Keep in mind on that Louisville rumor, one of the biggest Rock festivals in the US is slated right down the street for the whole weekend of September 23-26. Metallica is scheduled for Friday and Sunday, the 24th and 26th, for two different setlists headlining their dates.

I have VIP passes for Sunday, 9-26, with Judas Priest in the #2 slot, too good to pass up!

I would think it could be a logistical nightmare putting The Stones right down the street bringing another 50,000 fans into the area, but I might be wrong... obviously, all reports are that the reschedule has been an unusually tough challenge for this fall or next spring.

Can't imagine the Stones playing anywhere near there on that date with a bunch of metal heads storming through the city.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 17, 2021 00:57

Hairball
Topi
Rumor in the Shidoobee Facebook group saying they're trying to reschedule the Louisville concert to (the weekend of) September 24th.

Not sure why they would still be trying to reschedule as stadiums have already been booked as bv posted recently.
And GlimmerGirl24 had said an announcement was imminent around that time, but it was delayed and everything put on hold due to various concerns.

"Stadiums are booked, but the virus is still out there, live and changing,. across the world". - bv

"The venues are set, the stadiums have half the tickets left to sell, but there has been no announcement".- GG24

TKinOH
[louderthanlifefestival.com]

Keep in mind on that Louisville rumor, one of the biggest Rock festivals in the US is slated right down the street for the whole weekend of September 23-26. Metallica is scheduled for Friday and Sunday, the 24th and 26th, for two different setlists headlining their dates.

I have VIP passes for Sunday, 9-26, with Judas Priest in the #2 slot, too good to pass up!

I would think it could be a logistical nightmare putting The Stones right down the street bringing another 50,000 fans into the area, but I might be wrong... obviously, all reports are that the reschedule has been an unusually tough challenge for this fall or next spring.

Can't imagine the Stones playing anywhere near there on that date with a bunch of metal heads storming through the city.

I thought that the constraints in Chicago of having Country Lake Shake (60K people I believe) and the Stones at Solider Field on the same night and in the same area, would be too much in 2019 and it ended up working out.

I don't think the constraints or any possible cross over in audience would pose an issue for that date if that's when they want to play the show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 00:58 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: June 17, 2021 01:00

Maybe, maybe not - but those were pre-covid days.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 17, 2021 01:28

Louisville is not Chicago. That seems too much for that city to handle in one weekend.

Date: June 17, 2021 01:29

1badgator
Seeing the Foo Fighters in a club would be cool, But I'd rather see another band there!

Evidently it was quite a raucous rock and roll occasion, including protestors outside the venue!

From Rock Cellar: FooFighters

On Tuesday night, the day California reopened its economy, the Foo Fighters played an intimate show at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, Calif. — a warm-up gig before Dave Grohl and the guys reopen NYC’s Madison Square Garden at 100% capacity this upcoming weekend. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band playing tiny club gigs is nothing new, as they’ve done that frequently over the years around their hometown area of Los Angeles, but of course due to COVID-19, this hasn’t happened in quite some time. Proof of vaccination was required for entry for those who scored tickets (just as the Madison Square Garden show will be), and naturally those tickets were gone in an instant early Sunday morning.

While the scene outside the Canyon Club was tense at times thanks to protestors upset about the “proof of vaccination required for entry” part of the show, the vibe in the room certainly seems celebratory, at least from the videos that have surfaced online and on social media since the show. By all accounts, this was truly an epic return to live music experienced by the 600 or so lucky enough to be in attendance. May it be the first of many such experiences from the Foo Fighters (who recently announced tour plans for later this summer) and every other live act that will be returning to the stage soon.

Local L.A. news clip:

Performance clips in link posted at top.

Speaking of small venues, just bought tix for Los Lobos at the small Lobero Theater in Santa Barbara scheduled for October.
They were the last band my wife and I saw back in December '19 pre-pandemic...seems ages ago...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 01:33 by Hairball.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 17, 2021 01:33

DGA35
HotStuff92

Vancouver 8/24
Minneapolis 8/28*
Nashville 9/1
Austin 9/5
Dallas 9/10
Buffalo 9/16
Detroit 9/20
Louisville 9/24*
Cleveland 9/29
Pittsburgh 10/3*
St. Louis 10/7
Charlotte 10/12
Tampa 10/16
Atlanta 10/20

They could hold off Vancouver til the end being indoors. I don't think there's been any concerts held yet where the roof has been opened.

I don't see why the Stones would necessarily want to follow the previous itinerary. There are ways they could reconfigure the new schedule in a way that would involve less travel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 01:36 by tonyc.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 17, 2021 02:30

tonyc
DGA35
HotStuff92

Vancouver 8/24
Minneapolis 8/28*
Nashville 9/1
Austin 9/5
Dallas 9/10
Buffalo 9/16
Detroit 9/20
Louisville 9/24*
Cleveland 9/29
Pittsburgh 10/3*
St. Louis 10/7
Charlotte 10/12
Tampa 10/16
Atlanta 10/20

I don't see why the Stones would necessarily want to follow the previous itinerary. There are ways they could reconfigure the new schedule in a way that would involve less travel.

They're no doubt contractually committed to the venues in some fashion, in addition to other monies spent advertising, printing tickets, etc.
Not to mention a fair amount of tix already sold to them,

I like HotStuff92's guess at the dates and think it will be close.
Will be interesting to see where they play in lieu of the now defunct San Diego venue..
My bet (pun intended) is Vegas, but the southern Cal market is one I doubt they'll abandon, so they'll perhaps more likely kick it off somewhere in LA or SD.
I would add whatever that venue ends up being to the top of HS's list, potentially putting the opener in the 8/20 range.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 17, 2021 02:55

Well this is interesting - I was just reading that people who have been vaccinated with the Astra Zeneca vaccine won’t be allowed the in audience for Springsteen on Broadway, because AZ is not a US FDA-approved vaccine. This may be temporary, but it’s worth watching to see if similar rules might apply to a Stones tour. Damn.

[www.thestar.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 17, 2021 03:27

NashvilleBlues
After looking at the 2021 NFL schedule, here's my US Fall Stones proposed tour schedule:

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Would this work? If the tour starts 8/4, it could be over by 9/29.

Here’s my prediction from weeks ago, after looking at the NFL schedule and nothing else… (but predicted temperatures)

Let’s see who is more right. If the rumored Minneapolis date is right, I called it. Anyone else want in on schedule predictions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 03:30 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 17, 2021 03:46

Looks good sure hope this is it.

Date: June 17, 2021 03:52

NashvilleBlues
NashvilleBlues
After looking at the 2021 NFL schedule, here's my US Fall Stones proposed tour schedule:

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Would this work? If the tour starts 8/4, it could be over by 9/29.

Here’s my prediction from weeks ago, after looking at the NFL schedule and nothing else… (but predicted temperatures)

Let’s see who is more right. If the rumored Minneapolis date is right, I called it. Anyone else want in on schedule predictions?

Realize this prediction factors in NFL stadium availability, but can't see doing coast to coast for Tampa and San Diego.
As San Diego is off the books so to speak, tix refunded, venue demolished, if it's replacement is in the same area, or any west coast city really, I think they'll route it with Vancouver, perhaps both at the end. More likely is they keep Vancouver and the San Diego (replacement) show at the start I believe.
Hope to hear more substantiated rumors soon smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 04:22 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 17, 2021 04:53

The Buffalo Bills play in Buffalo 9/12 then are gone till 9/26. I believe it took about a week to get the stadium ready for their 2015 show, and then 3 days to clear all out. So the 16th is in that window.

Date: June 17, 2021 04:56

SomeTorontoGirl
Well this is interesting - I was just reading that people who have been vaccinated with the Astra Zeneca vaccine won’t be allowed the in audience for Springsteen on Broadway, because AZ is not a US FDA-approved vaccine. This may be temporary, but it’s worth watching to see if similar rules might apply to a Stones tour. Damn.

[www.thestar.com]

Article blocked by paywall, but the headline says it all:

Burn in the U.S.A.: Canadians who got the AstraZeneca vaccine can’t see ‘Springsteen on Broadway’

WTF...aside from Canadians, there's plenty of Boss fans in other countries who have had the AstraZeneca vaccine,
and I imagine there are some who were planning/hoping to see him on Broadway. Hope it gets worked out for everyone somehow...

Date: June 17, 2021 05:52

If the tour resumes in only 9 weeks it isn't much time for making travel plans. I guess the available tickets are going to be bought by the local markets. A tour announcement will have to be no less than 6 weeks from the start of the tour, so first week in July we should know if it's "on".

Date: June 17, 2021 06:13

First Broadway show to return to full capacity, it kind of makes sense to require only US FDA approved vaccines tbh. Be nice if they offered a testing option, but with such a high demand show,
filling the seats is not a concern.

Really hope that won't be the requirement for the Stones, and doubt it will be for any future stadium shows.
But something like a small Broadway theatre it makes sense, to implement the safest environment.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 17, 2021 06:35

Hairball
1badgator
Seeing the Foo Fighters in a club would be cool, But I'd rather see another band there!

Evidently it was quite a raucous rock and roll occasion, including protestors outside the venue!

From Rock Cellar: FooFighters

On Tuesday night, the day California reopened its economy, the Foo Fighters played an intimate show at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, Calif. — a warm-up gig before Dave Grohl and the guys reopen NYC’s Madison Square Garden at 100% capacity this upcoming weekend. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band playing tiny club gigs is nothing new, as they’ve done that frequently over the years around their hometown area of Los Angeles, but of course due to COVID-19, this hasn’t happened in quite some time. Proof of vaccination was required for entry for those who scored tickets (just as the Madison Square Garden show will be), and naturally those tickets were gone in an instant early Sunday morning.

While the scene outside the Canyon Club was tense at times thanks to protestors upset about the “proof of vaccination required for entry” part of the show, the vibe in the room certainly seems celebratory, at least from the videos that have surfaced online and on social media since the show. By all accounts, this was truly an epic return to live music experienced by the 600 or so lucky enough to be in attendance. May it be the first of many such experiences from the Foo Fighters (who recently announced tour plans for later this summer) and every other live act that will be returning to the stage soon.

Local L.A. news clip:

Performance clips in link posted at top.

Speaking of small venues, just bought tix for Los Lobos at the small Lobero Theater in Santa Barbara scheduled for October.
They were the last band my wife and I saw back in December '19 pre-pandemic...seems ages ago...

Those morons protesting the vax requirement... wow. Beyond ignorant of the facts. One can probably guess the two words Dave Grohl had for them. Good. Glad they didn't get in.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: June 17, 2021 17:19

I wanted to make refundable hotel reservations so I tried to guess on possible
dates for Tampa a few days ago. So I made 3 separately for guessed date +/- 1
day, will expand it to +/- 2 days (so I can cancel each unneeded night).

Rolling Stones Tour 2021 Rumoured dates = r, my guess = ?

1- 08/20? – San Diego, CA @ old stadium torn down -SD and/or Van could be-
2- 08/24? – Vancouver, BC @ BC Place -moved to end
3- 08/28r – Minneapolis, MN @ U.S. Bank Stadium
4- 09/01? – Nashville, TN @ Nissan Stadium
5- 09/05? – Austin, TX @ Circuit of the Americas
6- 09/09? – Dallas, TX @ Cotton Bowl Stadium
??? Possible Private/Club concert? Maybe at begin/end,Was 8 day gap before
7- 09/16? – Buffalo, NY @ New Era Field
8- 09/20? – Detroit, MI @ Ford Field
9- 09/24r – Louisville, KY @ Cardinal Stadium
10- 09/28? – Cleveland, OH @ FirstEnergy Stadium
11- 10/03r – Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Field
12- 10/07? – St. Louis, MO @ Dome/America’s Center
13- 10/11? – Charlotte, NC @ BankofAmerica Stadium
14- 10/15? – Tampa, FL @ Raymond James Stadium
15- 10/19? – Atlanta, GA @ Mercdes-Benz Stadium

I had to keep editing to fit space!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 17:32 by 1badgator.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 17, 2021 17:24

1badgator
I wanted to make refundable hotel reservations so I tried to guess on possible
dates for Tampa a few days ago. So I made 3 separately for guessed date +/- 1
day, will expand it to +/- 2 days (so I can cancel each unneeded night).

Rolling Stones Tour 2021 Rumoured dates = r, my guess = ?

08/20? – San Diego, CA @ old stadium torn down 1 SD and/or Van could be-
08/24? – Vancouver, BC @ BC Place 2 moved to end
08/28r – Minneapolis, MN @ U.S. Bank Stadium 3
09/01? – Nashville, TN @ Nissan Stadium 4
09/05? – Austin, TX @ Circuit of the Americas 5
09/09? – Dallas, TX @ Cotton Bowl Stadium 6
??? Possible Private/Club concert? Maybe at begin/end,Was 8 day gap before
09/16? – Buffalo, NY @ New Era Field 7
09/20? – Detroit, MI @ Ford Field 8
09/24r – Louisville, KY @ Cardinal Stadium 9
09/28? – Cleveland, OH @ FirstEnergy Stadium 10
10/03r – Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Field 11
10/07? – St. Louis, MO @ Dome/America’s Center 12
10/11? – Charlotte, NC @ BankofAmerica Stadium 13
10/15? – Tampa, FL @ Raymond James Stadium 14
10/19? – Atlanta, GA @ Mercdes-Benz Stadium 15

I like it. Did you check the NFL schedule?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 17, 2021 17:31

buffalo7478
The Buffalo Bills play in Buffalo 9/12 then are gone till 9/26. I believe it took about a week to get the stadium ready for their 2015 show, and then 3 days to clear all out. So the 16th is in that window.

That’s not true The assembly of the stage starts about 48 hours before the show. The disassembly is down in about 18 hours. All the trucks are gone within 24 hours

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 17, 2021 18:51

Unless they were just moving slow in 2015 it took about that long. I live near the stadium and drive by daily and caught part of set up and take down. Then again, the firm AEG subcontracted to run things did not pay about 100 stage hands till well after the show, as half the checks bounced, so maybe that had something to do with it. Off-season for the Bills and no pressure maybe then to move quickly in 2015. Guessing they would be on a tighter schedule with this possible date in-season.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 17, 2021 19:03

More Hot Rocks
buffalo7478

That’s not true The assembly of the stage starts about 48 hours before the show. The disassembly is down in about 18 hours. All the trucks are gone within 24 hours

Your information is incorrect as well. It generally takes 3 days to erect the steel stage structure (40 to 50 stagehands working 8 to 10 hours per day with 2 or 3 construction cranes) although this can be compressed to about 2 days if necessary by crews working round the clock. Then it takes one 12-16 hour day (with a crew of 100+) on the day before show day to load in the tour production equipment (sound, lighting, video, stage set, dressing rooms, etc.) On show day the Stones band gear and support act equipment is set up on stage, security barricades and chairs are set up on the field, concessions and merchandise stands are readied, etc. Then immediately after the show the production equipment is loaded out (about 4 hours) and following this the stage is disassembled and loaded onto trucks and driven to the following tour stop. On the No Filter Tour there are 2 stages which "leapfrog" to consecutive cities. So, it takes about 6 or 7 days from the time when the first truck is unloaded until the last one leaves the parking lot. The football field is usually ready to use within a day after the show however, NFL rules state that the field needs to be ready 72 hours before a game so the teams have time to set up their equipment and practice on the field. Therefore you need to have the stadium available for 7 to 9 days in order to stage a concert. This means that in most cases, a Monday/Sunday-to-Sunday/Monday availability does not work.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 23:46 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 17, 2021 20:29

Farm Aid announced yesterday, save the date September 25th. Full details coming mid July.

Based on it being an event in September and not yet on sale, where as Stones have been on sale, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get the Stones dates until mid July either.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 17, 2021 22:42

TornAndFried
More Hot Rocks
buffalo7478

Your information is incorrect as well. It generally takes 3 days to erect the steel stage structure (40 to 50 stagehands working 8 to 10 hours per day with 2 or 3 construction cranes) although this can be compressed to about 2 days if necessary by crews working round the clock. Then it takes one 12-16 hour day (with a crew of 100+) on the day before show day to load in the tour production equipment (sound, lighting, video, stage set, dressing rooms, etc.) On show day the Stones band gear and support act equipment is set up on stage, security barricades and chairs are set up on the field, concessions and merchandise stands are readied, etc. Then immediately after the show the production equipment is loaded out (takes about 4 hours) and following this the stage is disassembled and loaded onto trucks and driven to the following tour stop. On the No Filter Tour there are 2 stages which "leapfrog" to consecutive cities. So, it takes about 6 or 7 days from the time when the first truck is unloaded until the last one leaves the parking lot. The football field is usually ready to use within a day after the show however, NFL rules state that the field needs to be ready 72 hours before a game so the teams have time to set up their equipment and practice on the field. Therefore you need to have the stadium available for 7 to 9 days in order to stage a large concert. This means that in most cases, a Sunday-to-Sunday or Monday availability does not work.

we had the full plan/time table for Dublin 2018 since it was publish for the local authorities. I downloaded it but can't find it anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-17 22:43 by slewan.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: June 17, 2021 23:36

I don't expect any shows in Texas in September, much less early September. Way too hot. More likely later in October.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1424
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home