Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...127128129130131132133134135136137...LastNext
Current Page: 132 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 14, 2021 05:45

I've been wondering if we'd still have a minimum of 4 days between shows, or whether that would increase since that was the pattern 2 years ago?

I suppose it's a balance between getting the rest needed, logistics and economics...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 14, 2021 06:53

treaclefingers
daspyknows
ohmercy61
Seems most people here just go on about masks and vaccines I'm in Vegas going to nhl playoff game tomorrow nite people are everywhere not many masks for sure I went to Boston garden for game 1 and 5 full capacity q8k no masks required the place was rocking get out of your basements its ok..

If you have not been vaxxed tell us how it went with Covid. Its OK until it isn't.

Well to be fair, not everyone has a bad outcome...and as he is in vegas, maybe he has an inside on the odds?

Nope but its like driving home from the bar drunk. Do it enough and bad things happen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 14, 2021 07:06

.... yeah comes a night where
ya just cant find ya street let alone ya home ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 14, 2021 07:43

daspyknows
ohmercy61
Seems most people here just go on about masks and vaccines I'm in Vegas going to nhl playoff game tomorrow nite people are everywhere not many masks for sure I went to Boston garden for game 1 and 5 full capacity q8k no masks required the place was rocking get out of your basements its ok..

If you have not been vaxxed tell us how it went with Covid. Its OK until it isn't.

I had covid. It sucked, thought I may die. Got vaxxed.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 14, 2021 08:03

Hairball
Since we're talking about Garth Brooks, here's some more off topic discussion, but it's got the Grohl factor so semi-OT:
For any fans of the Foo Fighters in the SoCal area, they're playing the small Canyon Club in Agoura Hills apprx. 30 miles from me on Tuesday, w/tix on sale tomorrow morning in person only.
All tix only $26 - proof of vaccination when buying tomorrow, and again proof of Vaccination to enter Tuesday night. > FOO FIGHTERS

Frankly, I don't give a damn about the Foo Fighters...just kidding ha...I do like a few of their early tunes, but am unable to make this happen.
I imagine it will be quite the event though considering they normally sell out arenas and stadiums, and those fans who are able to get in should consider themselves very lucky.

Howdy Sir. Being as I just got out of my boot cast I can sit up put weight on my foot witout needing to keep it elevated any more (tis a slower heal ..but slower healing is better than not) and type now without using the on screen keyboard THANK GOODNESS ... Ugggggg it was tough. I checked the board peridically and never blew it off. Didn't want to appear as though I dropped out. I didn't I checked here periodically but being as that I couldnt type but a few words that took forever I had to refrain at times.

I am suprised The Stones may reschedule this year. I thought almost surely they would simply wait to make sure all the smoke has cleared and tour next year in part of a unofficial 60th anniversary thing.

I wonder if Ronnie is in good enough shape to tour? Has he recovered enough?
Everyone seems to act like he is out of the woods completely at this point (and I seriously hope he is but you know.. He mentioned he still has a few problems and seems to just be getting back into things thankfully).

Ian

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2021 15:22

Rockman

but that's when you wake up, find yer in the wrong bed, can't find yer car, and are walking home in last night's clothes.

The walk of shame.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: June 14, 2021 17:02

Guns ‘n Roses just announced their Usa, Australia and New Zealand Tour 2021.
Hang in folks, Stones are next hopefully.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-14 17:57 by RG.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 14, 2021 17:24

Rockman

Been meaning to ask, any possibility you rollin up for any of these shows?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 14, 2021 17:37

kovach
daspyknows
ohmercy61

I had covid. It sucked, thought I may die. Got vaxxed.

Same here. Still careful as once was enough.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 14, 2021 21:23

RG
Guns ‘n Roses just announced their Usa, Australia and New Zealand Tour 2021.
Hang in folks, Stones are next hopefully.

It's been a couple of weeks since the GNR announcement.

Date: June 14, 2021 21:40

Sure hope the Stones announcement will be soon. Boss is pushing me to schedule my vacation days and I’m holding off to see how many Stones days I’ll need and when to take them. In the meantime hotels rates and airline rates continue to rise. Let’s make the announcement for the “hard working people”....

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 00:47

105 degrees in vegas now meet some Montreal fans I guess they snuck thru the border what ever nice people also stones fans.place is rocking already..

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 04:46

ohmercy61
105 degrees in vegas now meet some Montreal fans I guess they snuck thru the border what ever nice people also stones fans.place is rocking already..

Watching the game right now! Can't believe how hot it is down there. We are allowed to fly down to the states but can't cross at the borders. Hopefully that will change soon.
Were tickets hard to get?

Date: June 15, 2021 05:45

Rumor in the Shidoobee Facebook group saying they're trying to reschedule the Louisville concert to (the weekend of) September 24th. That would mean moving a football game to another venue.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2021 05:53

Topi
Rumor in the Shidoobee Facebook group saying they're trying to reschedule the Louisville concert to (the weekend of) September 24th. That would mean moving a football game to another venue.

That date would make more sense than a later start.
Original Louisville date landed about 5 weeks after the opener.

Puts a potential tour start mid-August.
Late summer/early fall still on track winking smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 05:59

Louisville football plays at Florida State the 25th. So no rescheduling needed at all.

Date: June 15, 2021 06:18

The poster was talking about a big high school football game on the 24th. I've got no further info, but I'll quote the post here:

First official Louisville rumor. Ran into a friend associated with the university. He says there is a huge yearly hs football game every season at the stadium. I was told they are looking into moving the game to another venue due to the stones attempting to reschedule. The date of the game this year is Friday September 24.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 06:19 by Topi.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 06:33

Gotcha. Should be a smaller 1AA School close by that could host the high school game. High School game is easier to move than. Cardinals/Seminoles.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 15, 2021 07:40

ohmercy61

They didn't sneak through. It's open.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 15, 2021 09:24

GasLightStreet
ohmercy61

Yeah, they still snuck through though. Damn quebecois!

Date: June 15, 2021 13:41

GasLightStreet
ohmercy61

Nope.
Well.. yes and nope I suppose.

Canadian/US border has been closed to "non-essential" travel since March 2020.
Even for Canadians who own beach houses by mine near the border, haven't been able to visit their cabins since then, much less shop or go to Vegas etc unless there is an essential reason.
Most everyone sees the border opening soon (next month), but it's not yet.

Date: June 15, 2021 13:45

Topi
Thanks for the info!
If they’re still in the process of attempting to reschedule dates the announcement could be weeks away still.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 16:55

Atmosphere at Golden knights game is incredible what a show they put on if they make it to Cup final I will go back fun times.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 15, 2021 17:01

makemeburnthecandle
Topi
Thanks for the info!
If they’re still in the process of attempting to reschedule dates the announcement could be weeks away still.

Surely, the announcement won’t come before the last week of June. The Canadian restrictions won’t be announced till then.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 15, 2021 17:13

[louderthanlifefestival.com]

Keep in mind on that Louisville rumor, one of the biggest Rock festivals in the US is slated right down the street for the whole weekend of September 23-26. Metallica is scheduled for Friday and Sunday, the 24th and 26th, for two different setlists headlining their dates.

I have VIP passes for Sunday, 9-26, with Judas Priest in the #2 slot, too good to pass up!

I would think it could be a logistical nightmare putting The Stones right down the street bringing another 50,000 fans into the area, but I might be wrong... obviously, all reports are that the reschedule has been an unusually tough challenge for this fall or next spring.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 15, 2021 17:21

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
ohmercy61

Nope.

Even for Canadians who own beach houses by mine near the border, haven't been able to visit their cabins since then, much less shop or go to Vegas etc unless there is an essential reason.

Hockey is essential in Canada

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 15, 2021 17:22

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
ohmercy61

Nope.

One can fly to the US. Crossing the land border for non essential travel is still not "officially possible." I've heard of some people successfully getting across to see family. It's usually for people who live within a days drive of the border. An acquaintance I have, has driven to Kentucky on 5 occasions, to see her boyfriend. My significant other lives near Boston and I'm near Toronto. Haven't been to see her since a year ago March. Hopefully, I'll see her in September. My 2nd Covid shot is first week of August.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 15, 2021 18:28

forsure
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
ohmercy61

Nope.

Hockey is essential in Canada
smileys with beer
Best comment in months!

Date: June 15, 2021 18:29

dennycranium

Nope.

One can fly to the US. Crossing the land border for non essential travel is still not "officially possible." I've heard of some people successfully getting across to see family. It's usually for people who live within a days drive of the border. An acquaintance I have, has driven to Kentucky on 5 occasions, to see her boyfriend. My significant other lives near Boston and I'm near Toronto. Haven't been to see her since a year ago March. Hopefully, I'll see her in September. My 2nd Covid shot is first week of August.[/quote]

Thanks for the flying clarifier, I forget being so close, that people fly to and fro cool smiley

Quarantine after visiting or arriving from the US was a thing foe quite some time, I've read that has eased some. I have family in BC as well that I haven't seen since before lockdowns. Really anxious to get back there.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 15, 2021 20:43

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
ohmercy61

Nope.

LOL I thought I recently read it had been opened. Maybe I was misreading it. Coulda swore I saw that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...127128129130131132133134135136137...LastNext
Current Page: 132 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home