Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...126127128129130131132133134135136...LastNext
Current Page: 131 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2021 05:29

wineaux
TumblinDice76
pearl Jam 2013-Was that the rain storm? I wasn't there but had several friends who were.

I saw AC/DC in 2015 and had an overhang problem. Maybe Buffett in GA would bring me back, but with inflated prices...still a pass for me.

Pearl Jam rain storm was 2018... and rain storm is an understatement, it was more like a monsoon! Totally agree that it was an amazing show though!

In addition to numerous Cubs games, have seen a handful of concerts there & have enjoyed them all.

You might want to look up the definition of "monsoon". It doesn't mean what you think it means.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 12, 2021 09:51

bye bye johnny
Good read about the post-Covid logistics of a stadium tour:

Garth Brooks on Resuming his Stadium Tour Safely: 'I Think We're All Learning'

by Melinda Newman
June 11, 2021

[www.billboard.com]

Good read indeed. Like Garth Brooks is saying this:

What about for your crew?

The state and stadium laws come first for us, but we’ll probably mask mandate our own band and crew for the rest of the year, because we’re traveling from city to city. We do not want to get this thing shut down, so we’ll be toughest on ourselves, and we should be.

Bjornulf

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 12, 2021 21:46

bv
bye bye johnny
Good read about the post-Covid logistics of a stadium tour:

Garth Brooks on Resuming his Stadium Tour Safely: 'I Think We're All Learning'

by Melinda Newman
June 11, 2021

[www.billboard.com]

Good read indeed. Like Garth Brooks is saying this:

What about for your crew?

The state and stadium laws come first for us, but we’ll probably mask mandate our own band and crew for the rest of the year, because we’re traveling from city to city. We do not want to get this thing shut down, so we’ll be toughest on ourselves, and we should be.

Interesting, he's still going to pay his non-vaccinated crew to stay home.

"Are you mandating your crew gets vaccinated?

As an artist, I don’t think I can mandate it. My thing is we’re all a family that’s been together for 100 years anyway, so the conversation is this: If you don’t believe in the vaccination, or don’t feel like you’re going to get it, I get it -- but what you’re going to do is you’re going to stay at home. I’ll still pay you, but I’m going to pay you to stay at home, and the rest of the crew members will make up for you. Only vaccinated band and crew will be on this tour, because we don’t need to fire up just to shut down. This is the individual’s choice 100%, but if you’re not vaccinated, you won’t be out there with us this year."

Date: June 12, 2021 22:01

Garth is a very wise and generous man. Somehow I cant imagine The Stones machine paying their crew to stay home.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 12, 2021 23:41

BitchKeepsBitchin
Garth is a very wise and generous man. Somehow I cant imagine The Stones machine paying their crew to stay home.

Agree.. but when/if the info was released post-tour, I bet no one takes him up on it. He'll no doubt pay them if they opt out, but it would likely be their last paycheck from him.

Maybe a bit cynical of me, but I think the "and the rest of the crew members will make up for you" qualifier is all the motivation any crew member, who wants to work future tours with him, or the other crew members who have to cover for them, will need to get the jab.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 13, 2021 00:34

MisterDDDD
BitchKeepsBitchin

Agree.. but when/if the info was released post-tour, I bet no one takes him up on it. He'll no doubt pay them if they opt out, but it would likely be their last paycheck from him.

Maybe a bit cynical of me, but I think the "and the rest of the crew members will make up for you" qualifier is all the motivation any crew member, who wants to work future tours with him, or the other crew members who have to cover for them, will need to get the jab.

agree 100%...don't think you are being cynical at all. That line jumped out at me also....it's not an accident.

The message seems quite clear to me. I imagine that he is legally covering himself as well....

IMO, if he outright says "no vax, you're fired" he opens himself up to lawsuits - "Garth violated my contract and my Constitutional Rights"....

this way, he can simply release who he wants at the end of the tour...

smart business move from his position, IMO....I don't like it personally, if that was his intent. But, I get it & respect it from a certain perspective.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2021 01:54

Since we're talking about Garth Brooks, here's some more off topic discussion, but it's got the Grohl factor so semi-OT:
For any fans of the Foo Fighters in the SoCal area, they're playing the small Canyon Club in Agoura Hills apprx. 30 miles from me on Tuesday, w/tix on sale tomorrow morning in person only.
All tix only $26 - proof of vaccination when buying tomorrow, and again proof of Vaccination to enter Tuesday night. > FOO FIGHTERS

Frankly, I don't give a damn about the Foo Fighters...just kidding ha...I do like a few of their early tunes, but am unable to make this happen.
I imagine it will be quite the event though considering they normally sell out arenas and stadiums, and those fans who are able to get in should consider themselves very lucky.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 13, 2021 02:53

A PR move. Where you're incorporated and your place of business is in the states, and whether you're represented by a union contract are the main factors on whether you can let someone go in a situation like vaccine status. If the employer decides it's a condition of employment, and you choose to not meet that condition, and the employer lets go everyone who is not vaccinated, you have nothing to sue about. The only possibility of being able to sue is if you are let go for being unvaccinated and others with the same vaccine status at your same job status are not. At least here in NY, an employer can let people go at any time, giving them a reason or not. As long as you have not been singled out/discriminated against, the employer is 100% within their rights.

If you are let go with cause, you can also be denied unemployment insurance payments. I'm guessing, sooner or later, it will get tested when someone sues.

But I am sure no public figure wants their name even mentioned with this, no matter what their politics.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 13, 2021 07:26

Did the album come out yet?

- IB

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: June 13, 2021 08:05

IanBillen
Did the album come out yet?

- IB

Yeah. 3 of em.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: June 13, 2021 13:11

Shame on Foo Fighters for doing this. With all the actual numbers and data coming out more and more of side effects and deaths after the jab. They risk looking like real jackasses here. Scary numbers from the EU countries where the authorities have to release the data by law - no conspiracy stuff here btw, just data.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 13, 2021 15:14

MichaelLassen
Shame on Foo Fighters for doing this. With all the actual numbers and data coming out more and more of side effects and deaths after the jab. They risk looking like real jackasses here. Scary numbers from the EU countries where the authorities have to release the data by law - no conspiracy stuff here btw, just data.

Did you ever ponder that this may be the only way they are allowed perform there at this time? Yeah, shame (or Shame, Shame) on them for playing a safer show during a pandemic.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: June 13, 2021 15:22

MichaelLassen

I corrected it for you:
THANK YOU Foo Fighters for doing this. With all the actual numbers and data coming out more and more of the millions of lives saved after the jab. They risk looking like real HERO'S here. Extremely low numbers of serious side effects or deaths from the EU countries (where they also use AstraZeneca vaccine not approved for the US) where the authorities have to release the data by law - no conspiracy stuff here btw, just data.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-13 15:23 by 1badgator.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 13, 2021 16:05

1badgator
MichaelLassen

I corrected it for you:
THANK YOU Foo Fighters for doing this. With all the actual numbers and data coming out more and more of the millions of lives saved after the jab. They risk looking like real HERO'S here. Extremely low numbers of serious side effects or deaths from the EU countries (where they also use AstraZeneca vaccine not approved for the US) where the authorities have to release the data by law - no conspiracy stuff here btw, just data.

Well done on the correction(s).

Good on 'em.. and great for the vaccinated fans able to attend.
They've grown on me over the years, well Grohl has for certain, and if I was able, would love to catch them at a club.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: June 13, 2021 16:24

Seeing the Foo Fighters in a club would be cool, But I'd rather see another band there!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 13, 2021 17:26

MichaelLassen

You are a conspiracy theorist! There are not scary numbers!
Just do the damn vaccine! It's simply the only solution!

Date: June 13, 2021 18:00

For what it's worth I think the Canyon Clubs (there are several of them throughout SoCal) have all been requiring proof of vaccinations.
That could have changed since they started having shows again recently, but as far as I know the Foo Fighters are not the ones who are making the rules here.

*edit: Just looked it up, and originally when shows started again at the Canyon Clubs they required a vaccination card OR proof of a negative Covid test to enter.
So looks like it's the Foo Fighters making the rules here after all....no vaccination, no entry...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-13 18:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 13, 2021 18:16

Hairball
For what it's worth I think the Canyon Clubs (there are several of them throughout SoCal) have all been requiring proof of vaccinations.
That could have changed since they started having shows again recently, but as far as I know the Foo Fighters are not the ones who are making the rules here.

*edit: Just looked it up, and originally when shows started again at the Canyon Clubs they required a vaccination card OR proof of a negative Covid test to enter.
So looks like it's the Foo Fighters making the rules here after all....no vaccination, no entry...

They book at the Starlight Bowl in Burbank and same rules for shows there

Date: June 13, 2021 18:23

Dan
Hairball

They book at the Starlight Bowl in Burbank and same rules for shows there

A vaccination card OR proof of a negative Covid test?
Or no vaccination/no entry period?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 13, 2021 20:42

dimrstone
MichaelLassen

You are a conspiracy theorist! There are not scary numbers!
Just do the damn vaccine! It's simply the only solution!

Its idiots like this that will result in this never ending. I would prefer what the Canyon Club is doing than to be surrounded by anti-vaxxers like this. If you don't get the vax, stay home. Flame away anti-vaxxers. I don't care.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 13, 2021 20:46

MichaelLassen

You say scary numbers from the EU so what are the numbers please?

Nate

Date: June 13, 2021 21:09

Nate
MichaelLassen

Nate

Somewhere between shark attacks and those hit by stuff falling from the sky.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2021 21:28

daspyknows
Nate
MichaelLassen

Nate

Don't ask him to prove it...he'll just link it to some youtube conspiracy video, there are no shortage of those.

People choose what they choose and then live with the consequences sadly. The worst thing is that the virus will continue to naturally mutate, much faster with bigger numbers, and eventually you may see a breakthrough variant that will require a different vaccine.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 13, 2021 21:32

daspyknows
Nate

Nate

Nailed it!

man we all gotta shelter in place until that space junk stops falling!

jb

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 14, 2021 01:31

Seems most people here just go on about masks and vaccines I'm in Vegas going to nhl playoff game tomorrow nite people are everywhere not many masks for sure I went to Boston garden for game 1 and 5 full capacity q8k no masks required the place was rocking get out of your basements its ok..

Date: June 14, 2021 02:53

ohmercy61
Seems most people here just go on about masks and vaccines I'm in Vegas going to nhl playoff game tomorrow nite people are everywhere not many masks for sure I went to Boston garden for game 1 and 5 full capacity q8k no masks required the place was rocking get out of your basements its ok..

If you have not been vaxxed tell us how it went with Covid. Its OK until it isn't.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 14, 2021 03:09

I wonder if you go to a COVID 19 message board if everyone on there is talking about the Rolling Stones postponed 2020 tour and not Covid.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 14, 2021 03:26

TumblinDice76
I wonder if you go to a COVID 19 message board if everyone on there is talking about the Rolling Stones postponed 2020 tour and not Covid.
thumbs up

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: June 14, 2021 04:25

TumblinDice76

Until the new dates are announced (or leaked, at the very least), there isn't much left to discuss besides Covid - you know, the reason the tour was postponed in the first place. It's still relatively on-topic, considering it could still jeopardize the rescheduled tour even after it's announced.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2021 04:35

daspyknows
ohmercy61

If you have not been vaxxed tell us how it went with Covid. Its OK until it isn't.

Well to be fair, not everyone has a bad outcome...and as he is in vegas, maybe he has an inside on the odds?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...126127128129130131132133134135136...LastNext
Current Page: 131 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home