Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 11, 2021 15:11

That's right, Detroit and STL are "domed". My bad.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: June 11, 2021 16:11

Topi
Dallas? I don't think Cotton Bowl has a roof? - It doesn't.

(The Cowboys Stadium does, but that's not the one booked)

The Cowboys' stadium has about the worst acoustics in the country. I'd rather bundle up for a Cotton Bowl show. It wouldn't be the 1st at the CB that the Stones have played in terrible weather.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 17:13 by atip.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 11, 2021 16:52

Topi
Not in those words, no. What you said was:

No, no ending, EVER!!! They will rock til they drop, or one of them anyway!

You have also said it before:

Re: So, asked many times before: Will this be the last tour?
Date: July 6, 2018 16:16

They will NEVER stop til one of them gets sick or dies. And that's as it should be. I have made two No Filter trips over the pond in the fall and spring. Waiting for them, and all of YOU, to come to the USA. Hoping for Denver, no show there in 13 years, but would travel of course. MSG would b great!

plexi

Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Date: May 27, 2017 04:41

What's all this talk about a final show? They won't stop until an illness or death happens, period.

Plexi

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Date: February 22, 2019 08:13

but BV told us after Warsaw that there is strong talk about Buenos Aires and Japan. It's just a matter of who gets sick or dies first, and when. But performing as they have, and I have seen six in 17 and 18, they have NO REASON to quit.

plexi

To me, that's not quitting when they want to, that's quitting when they're sort of forced to.

But anyways. We digress, sorry! Back to the topic of the postponed tour =)

but you said "as long as one of them dies" which would be more accurately paraphrased by saying until after one of them dies.

That said, I am impressed that you went back and found not one, not two, but THREE of my old statements. I nominate you to be the IORR archivist, or at least my personal timbernardis/plexi archivist. Or, you might want to get a life.

In any event, I am consistent in what I have said about this issue. Really, I think they should go on until they are forced to quit, that would be consistent with what I have said. Even Keith has said that he could envision himself going out onstage during a show. Go out in a blaze of glory!!

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 16:56 by timbernardis.

Date: June 11, 2021 17:55

Wouldn't that be the dance macabre! winking smiley

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 11, 2021 18:06

alright, let's get back to talking about COVID instead of personal attacks. Then let's get to talking about the setlist instead of COVID. Then let's get talking about the tour one day, once it's announced.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: June 11, 2021 18:21

Found this on an austrian tv channel, saying the tour is in the making...
Promising info?

Die Rolling Stones verhandeln letzte Tour. Österreich sollte fix dabei sein.

Live. Herbst 2021: USA und Kanada. Sommer 2022: die große Europa-Tournee zum 60. Band-Jubiläum. Das sind die geheimen Tour-Pläne der Rolling Stones. Sofern sie nicht wieder Corona stoppt. Im Vorjahr fielen ja deshalb 15 US-Konzerte für 900.000 Fans aus.

Österreich-Fans. Aktuell holen die Rock-Dinos – in Summe 308 Jahre alt – von den größten europäischen Veranstaltern die Offerte ein. Mindestens 5 Millionen Euro Gage. Österreich sollte wieder fix dabei sein. 2017 begeisterte man 95.000 Fans in Spielberg. Das größte Konzert der Tour! Dazu richtete Nova-Rock-Chef Ewald Tatar auf ausdrücklichen Wunsch der Stones ja auch ein Konzert in Warschau aus.

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 11, 2021 18:32

eismann
Promising info?

Live. Herbst 2021: USA und Kanada. Sommer 2022: die große Europa-Tournee zum 60. Band-Jubiläum. Das sind die geheimen Tour-Pläne der Rolling Stones. Sofern sie nicht wieder Corona stoppt. Im Vorjahr fielen ja deshalb 15 US-Konzerte für 900.000 Fans aus.

Österreich-Fans. Aktuell holen die Rock-Dinos – in Summe 308 Jahre alt – von den größten europäischen Veranstaltern die Offerte ein. Mindestens 5 Millionen Euro Gage. Österreich sollte wieder fix dabei sein. 2017 begeisterte man 95.000 Fans in Spielberg. Das größte Konzert der Tour! Dazu richtete Nova-Rock-Chef Ewald Tatar auf ausdrücklichen Wunsch der Stones ja auch ein Konzert in Warschau aus.

A rudimentary google translation gets it mostly:

Live. Fall 2021: USA and Canada. Summer 2022: the big European tour for the band's 60th anniversary. These are the Rolling Stones' secret tour plans. Unless it stops Corona again. That's why 15 US concerts for 900,000 fans were canceled last year.

Austria fans. The rock dinosaurs - 308 years old in total - are currently collecting offers from the largest European organizers. At least 5 million euros fee. Austria should be there again. In 2017, 95,000 fans were thrilled in Spielberg. The biggest concert of the tour! At the express request of the Stones, Nova Rock boss Ewald Tatar also organized a concert in Warsaw.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 11, 2021 19:55

treaclefingers
eismann
Promising info?

A rudimentary google translation gets it mostly:

Live. Fall 2021: USA and Canada. Summer 2022: the big European tour for the band's 60th anniversary. These are the Rolling Stones' secret tour plans. Unless it stops Corona again. That's why 15 US concerts for 900,000 fans were canceled last year.

Austria fans. The rock dinosaurs - 308 years old in total - are currently collecting offers from the largest European organizers. At least 5 million euros fee. Austria should be there again. In 2017, 95,000 fans were thrilled in Spielberg. The biggest concert of the tour! At the express request of the Stones, Nova Rock boss Ewald Tatar also organized a concert in Warsaw.

as I already mentioned: The German word "sollte" can have a double meaning: a. most likely, b. it can also indicate a recommendation

This the 'news' is just made out of rumors to be found here and on other websites, plus some facts about the past, plus some speculation/hopes for the future

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 11, 2021 20:08

"Aktuell holen die Rock-Dinos – in Summe 308 Jahre alt"

lol...

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 11, 2021 20:20

Hairball
"Aktuell holen die Rock-Dinos – in Summe 308 Jahre alt"

lol...

I actually lol'd at this too

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 11, 2021 20:28

The total age of a band's members will of course grow with the number of band members. It is a silly number used by journalists who don't know what to write. If you add the backing band, and the crew, they are more than 1,000 years old in total, and adding the crowd, may be a million years old. Much better than a boy band with total age less than 100.

Bjornulf

Date: June 11, 2021 20:28

German is a fine language! winking smiley

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 20:36

atip
Topi

The Cowboys' stadium has about the worst acoustics in the country. I'd rather bundle up for a Cotton Bowl show. It wouldn't be the 1st at the CB that the Stones have played in terrible weather.

never been...but, I'd put Fenway Park up there in any contest for WORST acoustics...

add in "horrible sight lines" and I'm declaring Fenway the winner of the glorious title.....

Worst Place to See a Show!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 11, 2021 21:28

stickyfingers101
atip
Topi

never been...but, I'd put Fenway Park up there in any contest for WORST acoustics...

add in "horrible sight lines" and I'm declaring Fenway the winner of the glorious title.....

I know someone who will vehemently disagree with you and sing the praises of all of New England and it's virtuous wonders .

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 22:18

stickyfingers101
atip
Topi

I would think any baseball stadium would not be that great if the stage is set in the outfield behind second base? Wrigley would probably be similar to Fenway?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 22:29

Yes, and they charge insanely high prices for Wrigley shows. HORRIBLE venue for a concert and I 'm a Cubs fan who loves Wrigley. Bad sight lines and the whole set up is bad.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 23:05

TumblinDice76
Yes, and they charge insanely high prices for Wrigley shows. HORRIBLE venue for a concert and I 'm a Cubs fan who loves Wrigley. Bad sight lines and the whole set up is bad.

I totally agree. I live on Clark a few blocks from Wrigley and the concerts are a bummer. The Comiskey concert was great in 02- I was only like 9 years old so what do I know !?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 11, 2021 23:47

JDSAM1994
TumblinDice76

I totally agree. I live on Clark a few blocks from Wrigley and the concerts are a bummer. The Comiskey concert was great in 02- I was only like 9 years old so what do I know !?

I agree. The Wrigley concerts are the worst.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 11, 2021 23:56

TumblinDice76

I've always enjoyed going to Wrigley for a concert (seen McCartney there in 2011 and Pearl Jam in 2013 and 2018).

The key to having a great experience seeing a show there is sitting in either the top level in the lower rows (to avoid the poles) or sitting the level 2nd to the top which is completely free of obstruction and has excellent sound quality for a stadium.

I can definitely understand how one could not enjoy a show there though if you had an obstructed view or overhang which is a challenge to avoid in most of the stadium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-12 00:00 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 12, 2021 00:22

pearl Jam 2013-Was that the rain storm? I wasn't there but had several friends who were.

I saw AC/DC in 2015 and had an overhang problem. Maybe Buffett in GA would bring me back, but with inflated prices...still a pass for me.

Date: June 12, 2021 00:31

TumblinDice76
pearl Jam 2013-Was that the rain storm? I wasn't there but had several friends who were.

I saw AC/DC in 2015 and had an overhang problem. Maybe Buffett in GA would bring me back, but with inflated prices...still a pass for me.

Yep, I seem to be uniquely cursed seeing Pearl Jam outdoors as had significant rain delays all three times I've seen them outdoors (Noblesville Indiana 2010, Wrigley 2013 and Night 2 in 2018).

That being said, I'll be there again Pearl Jam at Wrigley in 2022 (not a typo smileys with beer).

Despite the weather, all three shows were stellar, as I've come to expect from Pearl Jam smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-12 00:32 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: June 12, 2021 00:56

TumblinDice76

Pearl Jam rain storm was 2018... and rain storm is an understatement, it was more like a monsoon! Totally agree that it was an amazing show though!

In addition to numerous Cubs games, have seen a handful of concerts there & have enjoyed them all.

Date: June 12, 2021 01:21

wineaux
TumblinDice76

Pearl Jam rain storm was 2018... and rain storm is an understatement, it was more like a monsoon! Totally agree that it was an amazing show though!

In addition to numerous Cubs games, have seen a handful of concerts there & have enjoyed them all.

Big storms in both 2013 and 2018.

In 2013 they came out, played 30 minutes then had to pause for 2.5 hours.

Came back out around midnight and played till 2:30 AM.

Was absolutely surreal to leave an outdoor show of that size at 2:30 AM.

They got special permission from the city to break curfew (more like shatter curfew) due to circumstances.

In 2018, they broke curfew by about an hour, playing on a Monday until around midnight.

Date: June 12, 2021 01:21

wineaux
TumblinDice76

They got special permission from the city to break curfew (more like shatter curfew) due to circumstances.

In 2018, they broke curfew by about an hour, playing on a Monday until around midnight.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 12, 2021 01:39

Good read about the post-Covid logistics of a stadium tour:

Garth Brooks on Resuming his Stadium Tour Safely: 'I Think We're All Learning'

by Melinda Newman
June 11, 2021

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: June 12, 2021 01:40

Dougratajczak87
wineaux
TumblinDice76

Right you aresmiling smiley! I completely forgot about the '13 show and them coming back out. I wasn't at that one but thanks to your reminder, now recall many peeps talking about it!

Date: June 12, 2021 02:18

Aren't Wrigley and Fenway two of the oldest fields around?

Not a baseball fan not being from the states but I think I remember this from somewhere.

This may explain the poor acoustics.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2021 02:36

could also be the impossible geometry of these ballparks messing up the acoustics

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 12, 2021 03:00

Nikkei
could also be the impossible geometry of these ballparks messing up the acoustics

I found the acoustics and environment for the two ballparks I saw them in during Zip Code the best of the tour. (San Diego and Detroit).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2021 05:22

StonedRambler
Topi
StonedRambler
They should tour as long as they want to. Anybody who's complaining: Just don't go to the shows. Simple as that.

Haven't seen a lot of complaints recently, though, at least not in this thread?
Some folks said a few pages back that they should take the opportunity and end their career with their 60th Anniversary in London.
I can still remember people saying the same in 2007 when they ended the ABB tour in London - AND in 2013 when they did the two Hyde Park shows. The argument "they are too old" has been brought for the last 20 years (or even longer). I am really glad the Stones did not listen to those people and that they continued touring just because they enjoyed it. And millions of fans enjoyed going to the shows. I personally went to 6 shows since 2012 and had a phenomenal time.

LOL what makes you think the Stones heard them? Or even listened?

Perhaps the point of a 60th anniversary is that they actually will be old. Too old? No idea other than if they're performances are awful leading up to it, of which they've had some awful performances, especially individually, lately, so perhaps it is setting in. Which is normal. They day the Stones hang it up Twitter will be filled with 'I told you so' etc smartass quips, which will be hilarious because a majority of the people saying such a thing most likely know very little about the Stones other than what they read somewhere in regard to their age, not their history.

Just as with Kid Rock's most recent idiocy, a lot of people won't care what is said and life will go on... without The Rolling Stones. An upcoming fact. It won't take long. Charlie will very likely be the solidifying reason behind their retirement... and possibly not just why you think it will be.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home