Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...124125126127128129130131132133134...LastNext
Current Page: 129 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 10, 2021 22:22

Remember Mick himself mentioned September in that recent interview.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 10, 2021 22:41

Topi
Remember Mick himself mentioned September in that recent interview.

This is what makes most sense and still most likely imo.

Got excited when he posted the TM links, but those likely have been up with the date "tbd" clarifier for a while. He seems a real stand up guy, has had info in the past (private gig) prior to it hitting the board, has posted other info that has impressed me with his connections before.

All I got on it, really hoping those dates aren't correct, but maybe ending then as opposed to starting.

Date: June 10, 2021 22:43

Oh, all the TM ticket links have been live this entire time. Ever since the postponement on March 17, 2020.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 22:44 by Topi.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 10, 2021 23:02

Nate
Heard a rumour that the band is looking at playing 10 dates later this year in arenas in November-December taking in cities including Los Angeles,Chicago,Miami,New York and Toronto.

Nate

I posted this 3 weeks ago and didn’t hear anything else about it but maybe some truth to the timeframe regarding the shows.

Nate

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 23:22

Nov-Dec in Chicago probably doesn't work at this late date. Outdoors is out of question and Bulls and Blackhawks share the Untied Center and then there is all the other bands/events that rescheduled way before the Stones that have the building booked.

Date: June 10, 2021 23:34

Topi
Oh, all the TM ticket links have been live this entire time. Ever since the postponement on March 17, 2020.

Yeah.. realized that pretty quickly in remembering a few of your posts.
Threw me for a second with the Austin link as I thought that venue was no longer viable.

Fwiw, he's now deleted the tweet (I'd guess because of massive responses).
Kinda fun starting to hear different rumors again (Like Nate's post above re potential arena shows).

Being a Stones fanatic is not for the faint of heart winking smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 23:38

At this point though, even rumors are a step in the right direction!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: June 10, 2021 23:58

Outdoors in the winter, other than warm states? I have a bridge to sell you!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 11, 2021 00:29

Topi
Never mind, found it. Hmm.."cheese shop tom"

[twitter.com]

Tweet has been deleted.

Date: June 11, 2021 02:16

SomeTorontoGirl
Topi
Never mind, found it. Hmm.."cheese shop tom"

[twitter.com]

Tweet has been deleted.
As posted above.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 11, 2021 04:11

They could do 10 shows this fall, maybe adding some arenas...then come back next spring, start in April like was the plan in 2019. Start with Tampa and do another 10 gigs. Save Vancouver for 2022 and maybe with the border situation hopefully back to a new normal, add in shows in T.O. and Montreal.

20 gigs in 2 legs in North America, cover most all the 14 postponements plus a few arena shows if preferable for them. The No Filter stage was designed to be scaled down for indoor shows, there was a link in 2017/18 when this set was new.

Always options for The Stones... this is why it's fun to guess what they might do!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 11, 2021 04:16

And I'm sure the new UBS Arena in Belmont, NY and Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle would love to book them for this fall, along with plenty of other arenas if they go that route.

Belmont opens this fall for the Islanders and the rebuilt/new KeyArena in Seattle for the Kraken.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 11, 2021 05:34

StonedRambler
They should tour as long as they want to. Anybody who's complaining: Just don't go to the shows. Simple as that.

damn right.

plexi

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 11, 2021 06:34

timbernardis
StonedRambler
They should tour as long as they want to. Anybody who's complaining: Just don't go to the shows. Simple as that.

damn right.l

plexi

I agree also. I’ll I hear is complaining and bitching.
I worked with a guy who complained about Buffalo Bills season tickets going up in price. He never went to any games. Like you said just stay home

Date: June 11, 2021 07:07

StonedRambler

Haven't seen a lot of complaints recently, though, at least not in this thread?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 11, 2021 07:21

TKinOH
They could do 10 shows this fall, maybe adding some arenas...then come back next spring, start in April like was the plan in 2019. Start with Tampa and do another 10 gigs. Save Vancouver for 2022 and maybe with the border situation hopefully back to a new normal, add in shows in T.O. and Montreal.

20 gigs in 2 legs in North America, cover most all the 14 postponements plus a few arena shows if preferable for them. The No Filter stage was designed to be scaled down for indoor shows, there was a link in 2017/18 when this set was new.

the second half of the first leg of the NoFilter Tour in 2017 were indoor shows

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2021 08:24

MisterDDDD
slewan
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
Anyone here should KNOW that the Stones' people know well in advance of what the public knows. This may be that time to hold your breath, more so than ever, because, as always, it's a lot of money on the line.

I know nothing. I have zero insider info.

But I will lean on betting that there will be a late summer (August)/fall/winter NO FILTER North American tour. And in the spring/summer of 2022... a new (and last) album NA and UK/EU tour, and the last tour for those ever, ending who knows where. It would make sense to be London in July 2022. If they (Mick) think of it that way.

Been literally betting on the late summer/fall US option for some time. As for Stones people knowing well in advance, while obvious for normal times, these aren't them.

The Trudeau announcement on new Covid regulations, including hopefully the border reopening, isn't (according to the PM himself) entirely known yet by him.
Many Covid factors are at play in that decision, some obviously yet to play out.As this is the country the tour is scheduled to start and likely rehearse in, there is no conclusive "insider" info on whether it will be able to or not. Yet.. imo.

As for the balance of US dates, sure there's insider knowledge on the plans like always. I'm sure there's a "plan B/C/D" if Vancouver is a no go because of rising cases, or limited crowd sizes etc.
But insiders don't exist yet on what Canada's decision(s) or timeline will be after the June 22nd announcement. My bet, like the tour itself, their preference is to finish what they started, and open where it's scheduled to open. That decision is out of their hands for now.

they announced Dublin 2018 before they had the permission to perform at Croke park

Sure.. decent point.
A bit apples and oranges., I don't think they'd get ahead of the PM announcement vs the local neighborhood org., could be wrong. May announce some for ex..see next post.

It's just a thought. With no reason to be surprised. The Stones' lawyers etc... not much different than oil rigs in the Gulf Of Mexico getting information about a hurricane way before than the local news says.

Date: June 11, 2021 09:44

slewan

the second half of the first leg of the NoFilter Tour in 2017 were indoor shows

Correct, but the venues uses were roofed stadiums, not hockey/basketball arenas.

Some stadiums booked for the 2020 US tour do have retractable roofs. Case in point: Vancouver, Atlanta - which others?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 09:49 by Topi.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 11, 2021 10:06

Topi
StonedRambler

Some folks said a few pages back that they should take the opportunity and end their career with their 60th Anniversary in London.
I can still remember people saying the same in 2007 when they ended the ABB tour in London - AND in 2013 when they did the two Hyde Park shows. The argument "they are too old" has been brought for the last 20 years (or even longer). I am really glad the Stones did not listen to those people and that they continued touring just because they enjoyed it. And millions of fans enjoyed going to the shows. I personally went to 6 shows since 2012 and had a phenomenal time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 10:13 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 11, 2021 10:16

Right, I now spotted The Worst's post which says London 2022 would be (not: "should be"!) the perfect ending - I really did not perceive that comment as a complaint at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 10:17 by Topi.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 11, 2021 10:23

Topi
Some stadiums booked for the 2020 US tour do have retractable roofs. Case in point: Vancouver, Atlanta - which others?

Dallas
Detroit
Minneapolis
St Louis

Date: June 11, 2021 10:28

Dallas? I don't think Cotton Bowl has a roof?

(The Cowboys Stadium does, but that's not the one booked)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 10:28 by Topi.

Date: June 11, 2021 10:49

I was thinking of the 2015 venue for Dallas. My bad.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 11, 2021 10:50

Topi
Right, I now spotted The Worst's post which says London 2022 would be (not: "should be"!) the perfect ending - I really did not perceive that comment as a complaint at all.

"I think it's much wiser to end touring and do a final show as long as the decision is theirs."
"Before they make me run" and all that. Better quit on your own terms."

Was mainly referring to those when I meant "complaining". Also claiming that they couldn't decide it for themselves anymore at some point is absurd. Anyone who got to know people of the Stones crew and management knows that they are all friends of the band and trusted people that have been with them for years and decades. Any decision about touring comes from Mick and the guys themselves.

Don't know why I'm actually discussing here. My first sentence said it all:

They should tour as long as they want to. Anybody who doesn't like it (to not use the word complaining...): Just don't go to the shows. Simple as that.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 10:54 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 11, 2021 11:15

I won't be speaking on behalf of slewan, but that ""Before they make me run" and all that. Better quit on your own terms." was definitely my own comment.

And I certainly did not mean it as a complaint or a suggestion that they SHOULD retire right now. It was merely a reply to timbernardis' comment that they basically should keep touring as long as one of them dies and that they "should never quit".

Look, I perfectly agree with you here - they should tour as long as they want to. - and therefore also end it on their own terms when that time comes.

Of course it's their decision and no one else's. Of course they will quit at some point. Remains to be seen if that's next year or after. As long as they go on, you bet I'll keep going to see them, too. We're making history here and sometimes we don't even realize it.

My apologies if you took my comment as a complaint of sorts! (As far as Hyde Park 2013 goes, I was certain that would be my last time ever to see them, but no, I went to more than a dozen shows since.)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 11:31 by Topi.

Date: June 11, 2021 12:29

StonedRambler
Topi
StonedRambler

Some folks said a few pages back that they should take the opportunity and end their career with their 60th Anniversary in London.
I can still remember people saying the same in 2007 when they ended the ABB tour in London - AND in 2013 when they did the two Hyde Park shows. The argument "they are too old" has been brought for the last 20 years (or even longer). I am really glad the Stones did not listen to those people and that they continued touring just because they enjoyed it. And millions of fans enjoyed going to the shows. I personally went to 6 shows since 2012 and had a phenomenal time.

Questions about their age were raised at the time of my first show in 1975.

plexi

Date: June 11, 2021 12:34

"that they basically should keep touring as long as one of them dies" ??? I don't think I said that.

plexi

Date: June 11, 2021 12:49

Not in those words, no. What you said was:

No, no ending, EVER!!! They will rock til they drop, or one of them anyway!

You have also said it before:

Re: So, asked many times before: Will this be the last tour?
Date: July 6, 2018 16:16

They will NEVER stop til one of them gets sick or dies. And that's as it should be. I have made two No Filter trips over the pond in the fall and spring. Waiting for them, and all of YOU, to come to the USA. Hoping for Denver, no show there in 13 years, but would travel of course. MSG would b great!

plexi

Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Date: May 27, 2017 04:41

What's all this talk about a final show? They won't stop until an illness or death happens, period.

Plexi

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Date: February 22, 2019 08:13

but BV told us after Warsaw that there is strong talk about Buenos Aires and Japan. It's just a matter of who gets sick or dies first, and when. But performing as they have, and I have seen six in 17 and 18, they have NO REASON to quit.

plexi

To me, that's not quitting when they want to, that's quitting when they're sort of forced to.

But anyways. We digress, sorry! Back to the topic of the postponed tour =)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 13:25 by Topi.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 11, 2021 13:43

erikjjf
Topi

Dallas
Detroit
Minneapolis
St Louis

Stadiums in Detroit and St. Louis don't have retractable roofs.

Date: June 11, 2021 14:00

Some stadiums booked for the 2020 US tour do have retractable roofs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...124125126127128129130131132133134...LastNext
Current Page: 129 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1997
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home