Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...123124125126127128129130131132133...LastNext
Current Page: 128 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 10, 2021 06:36

Anyone here should KNOW that the Stones' people know well in advance of what the public knows. This may be that time to hold your breath, more so than ever, because, as always, it's a lot of money on the line.

I know nothing. I have zero insider info.

But I will lean on betting that there will be a late summer (August)/fall/winter NO FILTER North American tour. And in the spring/summer of 2022... a new (and last) album NA and UK/EU tour, and the last tour for those ever, ending who knows where. It would make sense to be London in July 2022. If they (Mick) think of it that way.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 10, 2021 09:39

GasLightStreet
Anyone here should KNOW that the Stones' people know well in advance of what the public knows. This may be that time to hold your breath, more so than ever, because, as always, it's a lot of money on the line.

But I will lean on betting that there will be a late summer (August)/fall/winter NO FILTER North American tour. And in the spring/summer of 2022... a new (and last) album NA and UK/EU tour, and the last tour for those ever, ending who knows where. It would make sense to be London in July 2022. If they (Mick) think of it that way.

Damn, you're right about July 2022 for London. And we're scheduled to go August 2022.

DOUBLE DAMN!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 10, 2021 13:34

The perfect ending would be a London show on the 12th of July 2022.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 10, 2021 13:52

The Worst.

The Royal Albert Hall is available from July4th till mid-September 2022 ...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 10, 2021 16:23

I can see them going on for a 70th anniversary tour in 2032. Mick will be 88-89. He's always been very fit for his age and Willie Nelson is 88 now and still performing.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2021 16:30

NilsHolgersson

I can see them going on for a 70th anniversary tour in 2032. Mick will be 88-89.

And Charlie 91. No Charlie - no Stones ....

Date: June 10, 2021 16:33

Irix
NilsHolgersson

I can see them going on for a 70th anniversary tour in 2032. Mick will be 88-89.

And Charlie 91. No Charlie - no Stones ....

Mick Jagger 70th Stones anniversary with Dave Grohl on drums

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 10, 2021 16:40

The Worst.

No, no ending, EVER!!! They will rock til they drop, or one of them anyway!

plexi

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 16:44

Canada is governed by fools-both at the provincial and federal levels.

They should do a mini-tour of the US in the fall and go to Europe in 2022.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 10, 2021 16:45

timbernardis
The Worst.

plexi

I think it's much wiser to end touring and do a final show as long as the decision is theirs.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2021 16:55

NilsHolgersson

Mick Jagger prepared 50th Stones anniversary with Dave Grohl - [www.YouTube.com] .

Date: June 10, 2021 17:00

Irix
NilsHolgersson

Mick Jagger prepared 50th Stones anniversary with Dave Grohl - [www.YouTube.com] .

Cool version of IORR

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 10, 2021 17:04

NilsHolgersson

No no no. Nope. Uh uh. Grohl’s a nice guy but he don’t have the socks for THAT job.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 10, 2021 17:10

SomeTorontoGirl
NilsHolgersson

No no no. Nope. Uh uh. Grohl’s a nice guy but he don’t have the socks for THAT job.

Great one STG! hot smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 10, 2021 17:17

slewan
timbernardis
The Worst.

plexi

I think it's much wiser to end touring and do a final show as long as the decision is theirs.

Tend to agree with slewan. "Before they make me run" and all that. Better quit on your own terms.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 17:30

I'm checking every few hours for new tour schedule and dates...let's Go.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 10, 2021 17:40

Pussys
It's rock and roll
Grow up and get down
Jeezuss. We got to take the lead here.
Who's with me?
Nobody?
Again?
Goody. I'm healthy as a horse.
I have seen diseases and infections that have killedyLEGIONS ALL THROUGH TIME
GOOD times
Bad times
I got the blues for yewww
But there's an invisible monster so don't French kiss are you millenials basket cases screwing with us Next to Best generations?
Are you?
Dr. Fauci's wife is a good cook.
These people deserves respect

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 10, 2021 19:11

GasLightStreet

Been literally betting on the late summer/fall US option for some time. As for Stones people knowing well in advance, while obvious for normal times, these aren't them.

The Trudeau announcement on new Covid regulations, including hopefully the border reopening, isn't (according to the PM himself) entirely known yet by him.
Many Covid factors are at play in that decision, some obviously yet to play out.As this is the country the tour is scheduled to start and likely rehearse in, there is no conclusive "insider" info on whether it will be able to or not. Yet.. imo.

As for the balance of US dates, sure there's insider knowledge on the plans like always. I'm sure there's a "plan B/C/D" if Vancouver is a no go because of rising cases, or limited crowd sizes etc.
But insiders don't exist yet on what Canada's decision(s) or timeline will be after the June 22nd announcement. My bet, like the tour itself, their preference is to finish what they started, and open where it's scheduled to open. That decision is out of their hands for now.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 10, 2021 20:33

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet

Been literally betting on the late summer/fall US option for some time. As for Stones people knowing well in advance, while obvious for normal times, these aren't them.

The Trudeau announcement on new Covid regulations, including hopefully the border reopening, isn't (according to the PM himself) entirely known yet by him.
Many Covid factors are at play in that decision, some obviously yet to play out.As this is the country the tour is scheduled to start and likely rehearse in, there is no conclusive "insider" info on whether it will be able to or not. Yet.. imo.

As for the balance of US dates, sure there's insider knowledge on the plans like always. I'm sure there's a "plan B/C/D" if Vancouver is a no go because of rising cases, or limited crowd sizes etc.
But insiders don't exist yet on what Canada's decision(s) or timeline will be after the June 22nd announcement. My bet, like the tour itself, their preference is to finish what they started, and open where it's scheduled to open. That decision is out of their hands for now.

they announced Dublin 2018 before they had the permission to perform at Croke park

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 10, 2021 21:06

They should tour as long as they want to. Anybody who's complaining: Just don't go to the shows. Simple as that.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: June 10, 2021 21:16

Stones Rambler—you make perfect sense! But since when has perfect sense had anything to do with this board? Instead it’s incessant talk about “why don’t they play the deep tracks for us hard core troubadours” despite the obvious lack of common sense attendant to that position. Good grief.

Date: June 10, 2021 21:25

slewan
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet

they announced Dublin 2018 before they had the permission to perform at Croke park

Sure.. decent point.
A bit apples and oranges., I don't think they'd get ahead of the PM announcement vs the local neighborhood org., could be wrong. May announce some for ex..see next post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 21:29 by MisterDDDD.

Date: June 10, 2021 21:28

For those willing to commit, I heard Louisville pit tickets were down to $480 (after fees).

Date: June 10, 2021 21:28

From Twitter and Ticketmaster...

Who wants to go see the ROLLING STONES?
Inside info says opening night at the Cotton Bowl Texas between Oct 30-Nov5
Tickets available on Ticketmaster NOW for Cotton Bowl, Austin and Nashville!

[t.co]
[www.ticketmaster.com]
[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 21:30 by MisterDDDD.

Date: June 10, 2021 21:29

Got a link to the tweet?

Date: June 10, 2021 21:32

Never mind, found it. Hmm.."cheese shop tom"

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 21:32 by Topi.

Date: June 10, 2021 21:41

Topi
Never mind, found it. Hmm.."cheese shop tom"

[twitter.com]
Posted before you found or asked for it, but yes, missed it for a second.

He's pretty legit in my experience, and connected.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 21:46

Can't see them playing Pitt outside in November.

Date: June 10, 2021 22:02

TumblinDice76
Can't see them playing Pitt outside in November.

Me either.. but I can vouch for Tom (owns a cheese shop in La Jolla), as it wouldn't be the first time he had early correct info, so ???

Surprised a bit he's not a regular here, could be I suppose, have to wait and see.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 22:04

MisterDDDD
From Twitter and Ticketmaster...

Who wants to go see the ROLLING STONES?
Inside info says opening night at the Cotton Bowl Texas between Oct 30-Nov5
Tickets available on Ticketmaster NOW for Cotton Bowl, Austin and Nashville!

[t.co]
[www.ticketmaster.com]
[twitter.com]

If you changed opening night to closing night I might believe that. The Austin COA event in late October might lend support to this time frame for a final show of the tour.

Generally speaking, the original time frame was about 2 months so a start in late August or early September would support an ending time frame of late October depending on if additional dates are added, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 22:26 by Dougratajczak87.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...123124125126127128129130131132133...LastNext
Current Page: 128 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home