Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...122123124125126127128129130131132...LastNext
Current Page: 127 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 9, 2021 12:18

Topi
Austrian news article saying the Stones are in negotiations for a show next year.

[www.oe24.at]

"Sommer 2022: die große Europa-Tournee zum 60. Band-Jubiläum"

"Summer 2022: the big European Tour for the band's 60th anniversary"

Chances are, however, that they're using this very board as their source winking smiley

the only bit of 'information' that is 'new' is that they are saying that a show in Austria will be part of the tour. But the very phase they use ('Österreich sollte fix dabei sein') can be read in two ways: a show in Austria is definitely part of the tour OR a show Austria should be a part of the tour. In short: Most likely pure speculation and nothing new on the Eastern Front

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 9, 2021 13:17

Back to Spielberg! winking smiley

Date: June 9, 2021 14:14

GlimmerGirl24
trevormcmullin
If there is in fact going to be a late summer/early fall tour, does anybody have any idea when the announcement may be? I figured we would have heard from them by now.

Supposedly this week, but for unknown reason(s) the announcement does not appear to be happening. There are more weeks though. smiling smiley

Thanks GG24. Maybe some dates will leak out soon. ;-)

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: June 9, 2021 15:08

My Friend who is well connected in Paris said negotiations are in full swing for 2022 shows.
With big live acts planning EU tour, you can expect different strategies as some of them are sharing workforce and technicians..

He is working for the planning of shows in France exclusively and said that ACDC already has an itinerary in place starting in Feb 2022. Stade de France/Bercy and 2 other shows are in negotiations right now.
GnR will announce EU Tour during their US Tour. Stade de France and some festivals are in talks.

Nothing about the Stones yet but he heard about the rumblings of the US Summer/Fall tour 2021

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2021 15:49

GlimmerGirl24
trevormcmullin
If there is in fact going to be a late summer/early fall tour, does anybody have any idea when the announcement may be? I figured we would have heard from them by now.

Supposedly this week, but for unknown reason(s) the announcement does not appear to be happening. There are more weeks though. smiling smiley

Not doubting you but I haven't heard or read of any "supposedly this week" announcement re the relaunching of the tour.

If it starts in late Aug/early Sept as has been my guess for a while, I wouldn't expect anything for a couple weeks still.

June 22nd there is expected to be new Covid guidelines announced in Canada. Speculation is the border(s) will re-open shortly thereafter (my guess is July 1 (Canada Day).
The band, I believe, won't announce the Vancouver opener until after that announcement from Trudeau.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 9, 2021 16:56

lickskeith
My Friend who is well connected in Paris said negotiations are in full swing for 2022 shows.
With big live acts planning EU tour, you can expect different strategies as some of them are sharing workforce and technicians..

He is working for the planning of shows in France exclusively and said that ACDC already has an itinerary in place starting in Feb 2022. Stade de France/Bercy and 2 other shows are in negotiations right now.
GnR will announce EU Tour during their US Tour. Stade de France and some festivals are in talks.

Nothing about the Stones yet but he heard about the rumblings of the US Summer/Fall tour 2021

GnR have already announced their Europe 2022 tour. It kicks off on June 4th.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 9, 2021 17:04

Topi
Back to Spielberg! winking smiley
The muddy desaster.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 9, 2021 17:40

Fingers crossed…this should help.

“The federal government is set to announce today that fully vaccinated Canadian travellers will no longer need to spend 14 days in quarantine upon arriving home.

A federal source familiar with the policy says the change will go into effect in early July.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity in order to discuss a policy decision that has yet to be made public.” Toronto Star

Edit: Confirmed.

“12:27 p.m. Canada says fully vaccinated Canadian travellers will no longer need to spend 14 days in quarantine upon coming home.

Affected travellers will be required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival in Canada, and remain in isolation until the test comes back negative.” TO Star

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 19:46 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: June 9, 2021 18:01

EUROPE ????

Omg.. i know i said it was time for me to not see them anymore to keep the good spirits alive... but now i'm psyched up and thinking how many shows i'll do.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 9, 2021 18:12

If they come to Europe I would wanna see a show with my dad who's in a wheelchair now.. but then I realized most of their core audience from the 60s like my father might be in wheelchairs by 2022.. they need one giant wheelchair platform!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 9, 2021 18:22

NilsHolgersson
If they come to Europe I would wanna see a show with my dad who's in a wheelchair now.. but then I realized most of their core audience from the 60s like my father might be in wheelchairs by 2022.. they need one giant wheelchair platform!

Pit A and Parking Lot B for those with wheels.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 9, 2021 19:56

GlimmerGirl24
trevormcmullin

thumbs up

I imagine plenty of details still need to be worked out, along with the multiple unknown factors they're probably contemplating, speculating, and waiting to be resolved.
But I admit this is the first thread I check every morning on IORR to see if there's been any new rumours, updates, etc.

Hoping, waiting, wondering, with my ear to the ground...with as much patience as I can muster...and listening to the Stones right now...Stoned

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 9, 2021 20:19

They are planning the shows and booking stadiums both for2021 and 2022. Still, they need to get rid of most of covid-19 and the madness related to the pandemic. You don't move into a burning building until the fire department have done their job. The Delta variant a.k.a. the India variant is just one example of why they need to do this sort of last minute, not months ahead.

Bjornulf

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 9, 2021 20:40

bv
They are planning the shows and booking stadiums both for2021 and 2022. Still, they need to get rid of most of covid-19 and the madness related to the pandemic. You don't move into a burning building until the fire department have done their job. The Delta variant a.k.a. the India variant is just one example of why they need to do this sort of last minute, not months ahead.

How last minute do you think they could realistically pull off?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 9, 2021 21:26

If you look at their tour history, they have added shows on just 4-6 weeks notice. For an entire tour they would probably need a bit more time, due to rehearsals time. I guess they will need to announce at least two months ahead, meaning a tour start in September should be announced in July. I am sure they have more than just one covid-19 pandemic expert in the tour management, even more important than weather reports, it's all up to the numbers the next few weeks.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 22:37

MisterDDDD
GlimmerGirl24
trevormcmullin

Not doubting you but I haven't heard or read of any "supposedly this week" announcement re the relaunching of the tour.

If it starts in late Aug/early Sept as has been my guess for a while, I wouldn't expect anything for a couple weeks still.

June 22nd there is expected to be new Covid guidelines announced in Canada. Speculation is the border(s) will re-open shortly thereafter (my guess is July 1 (Canada Day).
The band, I believe, won't announce the Vancouver opener until after that announcement from Trudeau.

As I stated, there’s still a few more weeks for an announcement. The Machine has been making plans for a fall tour for a few months. Staff have been on the payroll for a couple of months. This week they were supposed to announce. Recently other British bands have postponed their rescheduled postponed tours to next year. It’s not looking particularly promising when one adds in the Delta variant, many of the states with shows are struggling to persuade even 40% of the population to be vaccinated, international travel restrictions, work visas and the capacity of the venues the Stones plan to play.

One day laborer or local security testing positive could shut down the tour for two weeks. One surge this fall could have some states cutting capacity of stadiums. If they refund tickets because capacity has been limited, which ones do they refund? There are too many variables and each week the Stones delay in announcing a rescheduled tour makes it less likely they have found a way to resolve the issues with touring during a pandemic.

I’m hopeful, but I suspect the Delta variant is going to make it less likely they will take the risk this fall. Otherwise, I think we would have had more leaked dates by now and the billboards would have popped up this week. However, there are still a few more weeks for them to find ways to reduce the risk of canceled dates.

Date: June 9, 2021 22:44

GlimmerGirl24
MisterDDDD
GlimmerGirl24
trevormcmullin

As I stated, there’s still a few more weeks for an announcement. The Machine has been making plans for a fall tour for a few months. Staff have been on the payroll for a couple of months. This week they were supposed to announce. Recently other British bands have postponed their rescheduled postponed tours to next year. It’s not looking particularly promising when one adds in the Delta variant, many of the states with shows are struggling to persuade even 40% of the population to be vaccinated, international travel restrictions, work visas and the capacity of the venues the Stones plan to play.

One day laborer or local security testing positive could shut down the tour for two weeks. One surge this fall could have some states cutting capacity of stadiums. If they refund tickets because capacity has been limited, which ones do they refund? There are too many variables and each week the Stones delay in announcing a rescheduled tour makes it less likely they have found a way to resolve the issues with touring during a pandemic.

I’m hopeful, but I suspect the Delta variant is going to make it less likely they will take the risk this fall. Otherwise, I think we would have had more leaked dates by now and the billboards would have popped up this week. However, there are still a few more weeks for them to find ways to reduce the risk of canceled dates.

All good info, some of which I was unaware. Didn't answer my query though.

The question I had was where you had heard the announcement was to be "supposedly this week" ?

Valid question I thought.
Not trying to be contrary, just hadn't read or heard that anywhere.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 9, 2021 23:34

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 23:59 by Stoneage.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 10, 2021 00:08

NilsHolgersson

Look man, steel wheels tour was 1989.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 10, 2021 00:36

Surprised there haven’t been any more city/date rumors at this point. Minneapolis 8/28 and Pittsburgh 10/3 are the only ones so far, right?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 00:52

Hmmmm Min is/was show #3 and Pitt show #11 on the tour dates. Looks like they could/might keep the same order.

Date: June 10, 2021 01:15

GlimmerGirl24

Lots to ponder here, and some of it involves questions I've had all along including variants, vaccine hesitancy/anti-vaxxers, capacity restrictions, etc, etc, etc.,
On the other hand, some of it I hadn't though of such as if a day laborer or local security tests positive whcih could throw a wrench in to the machine .
Anyhow, thanks for all the info. GlimmerGirl24 - it's all quite thought provoking, and basically sums up the weird and unpredictable reality we live in today.

I guess for now it's best to be cautiously optimistic, and hope for the best...and maybe think about the setlists some more to help fill the time...
Would love to hear Midnight Rambler and Happy again, along with Play With Fire on the small stage again ala Chicago #2 '19....and many more....It's Only Rock 'n Roll...

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 10, 2021 02:15

Spielberg was great....Loved the show the Mud Everything and the Beautiful house we stayed at!!!!!!! M

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 10, 2021 02:16

If it is to happen I thing it will be Vienna....Just a Thought!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 10, 2021 02:31

Hairball
GlimmerGirl24

Lots to ponder here, and some of it involves questions I've had all along including variants, vaccine hesitancy/anti-vaxxers, capacity restrictions, etc, etc, etc.,
On the other hand, some of it I hadn't though of such as if a day laborer or local security tests positive whcih could throw a wrench in to the machine .
Anyhow, thanks for all the info. GlimmerGirl24 - it's all quite thought provoking, and basically sums up the weird and unpredictable reality we live in today.

I guess for now it's best to be cautiously optimistic, and hope for the best...and maybe think about the setlists some more to help fill the time...
Would love to hear Midnight Rambler and Happy again, along with Play With Fire on the small stage again ala Chicago #2 '19....and many more....It's Only Rock 'n Roll...

I think they're going to play Angie for you, too, Hairball. Prepare your vocal cords.

Date: June 10, 2021 02:55

BeastyBurdeny
Hairball
GlimmerGirl24

I think they're going to play Angie for you, too, Hairball. Prepare your vocal cords.

I sure hope so..............................winking smiley

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 03:28

MisterDDDD
GlimmerGirl24
MisterDDDD
GlimmerGirl24
trevormcmullin

All good info, some of which I was unaware. Didn't answer my query though.

The question I had was where you had heard the announcement was to be "supposedly this week" ?

Valid question I thought.
Not trying to be contrary, just hadn't read or heard that anywhere.

MisterDDDD it's a valid query I'm not going to answer. If I do, I suspect people will stop sending me information.

People talk to me, they pass on little tidbits of information. They usually don't tell me where it came from, but from previous experience with their tidbits, I know it's more trustworthy than not. And then there are people who I've never talked to previously who will send me a message - like a person did a few years ago with the information on which ship the Stones were shipping equipment to Cuba. This was weeks before the Havana concert was announced.

I don't have any traceable connections to the sources where the information originates. The ones with the tidbits do. I think the tidbits I've posted are in line with what other trusted posters have said here - the tour is planned for this fall, everything is in place except for how to outwit the virus and until that can be worked out, an announcement will continued to be postponed as it was this week. If I had to guess, I suspect that little tidbit was leaked from a venue since most information we've seen so far, are venue leaks. Or it could be a billboard company. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 03:36 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: June 10, 2021 05:53

GlimmerGirl24

MisterDDDD it's a valid query I'm not going to answer. If I do, I suspect people will stop sending me information.

People talk to me, they pass on little tidbits of information. They usually don't tell me where it came from, but from previous experience with their tidbits, I know it's more trustworthy than not. And then there are people who I've never talked to previously who will send me a message - like a person did a few years ago with the information on which ship the Stones were shipping equipment to Cuba. This was weeks before the Havana concert was announced.

I don't have any traceable connections to the sources where the information originates. The ones with the tidbits do. I think the tidbits I've posted are in line with what other trusted posters have said here - the tour is planned for this fall, everything is in place except for how to outwit the virus and until that can be worked out, an announcement will continued to be postponed as it was this week. If I had to guess, I suspect that little tidbit was leaked from a venue since most information we've seen so far, are venue leaks. Or it could be a billboard company. smiling smiley

Apologies, I should have picked up on that GG.
Missed the cues, thought I had missed published info.

I still believe waiting for Canada's widely publicized expected Covid guideline changes coming June 22nd should be, if it isn't, the primary reason we won't have an announcement on the tour and Vancouver's status as the opener, until the PM announces the potential changes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 05:56 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: June 10, 2021 05:53

GlimmerGirl24

I've been pretty optimistic about the fall tour for the last couple weeks or so, what with all the rumors circulating around and seeing various other acts announcing large scale tours as well. Though reading your posts, I'm feeling a bit less hopeful about it taking place. Your words are disappointing, but appreciated nonetheless.

While Covid cases in the US are currently the lowest they've been in over a year, the UK looks to be in the beginning of another possible surge with the Delta variant. It's expected that the next step towards reopening the UK, which is planned for June 21, is likely to be delayed (which will further postpone international travel). Who knows at what point travel restrictions will be lifted, and how Covid cases (Delta variant or otherwise) will look in the US by that point, or by the time the tour is planned to start.

I'm feeling quite a bit less optimistic about the tour happening this year, though I hope I'm wrong. If nothing else, I appreciate your posts for bringing me back to reality. smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 10, 2021 06:23

Delta Blues over here, eh?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...122123124125126127128129130131132...LastNext
Current Page: 127 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home