Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...121122123124125126127128129130131...LastNext
Current Page: 126 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 8, 2021 20:55

timbernardis
Topi
Oh, I would bet parking goes to the venue. The only thing the venue makes money out of are the concessions and the parking, etc. - they have nothing to do with ticketing.

[www.quora.com]

(and when you think about it, compared to what the Stones demand as a guarantee for A show - what's that, 4-5 million? - parking really is chump change)

Maybe not chump change. For example, the Oakland Coliseum Stadium has 10,000 parking spaces x $50 per space = half a million dollars. I know about ten years ago, I paid $50 for a space across the Bay at a San Francisco Giants baseball game.

plexi

Like I always say: If my career fails I'm going open a parking space in the US and become a millionaire…

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 8, 2021 22:39

Canada considering reopening its border, starting with vaccinated travelers. Here’s when

National media reports indicate Canada is warming up to the idea of easing some border restrictions on Tuesday, June 22.

Politico reported that the Canadian government is open to the idea of easing COVID-19 restrictions at the Canada-U.S. border as the country’s vaccination rates for COVID-19 get close to 75% of the country’s adult population. In late May, Canada had vaccinated more than 68% of adults with at least one shot, according to the article posted Monday, June 7.

Canada appears to be pushing for a phased approach and wanting to make sure those entering the country are fully vaccinated

In a separate article, Bloomberg reported that Canada is making plans to loosen the 14-day quarantine period for people who are fully vaccinated and that details will be announced in the coming days. On Tuesday, June 8, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said a border reopening would focus on those who are fully vaccinated, according to an article posted by CTV News.

On whether the border reopening would happen around June 22 has not been decided yet, Trudeau said, adding that his team is talking to medical professionals and that a formal announcement is coming later, according to the CTV article.

[www.bellinghamherald.com]

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: June 8, 2021 23:06

MisterDDDD
Canada considering reopening its border, starting with vaccinated travelers. Here’s when

National media reports indicate Canada is warming up to the idea of easing some border restrictions on Tuesday, June 22.

Politico reported that the Canadian government is open to the idea of easing COVID-19 restrictions at the Canada-U.S. border as the country’s vaccination rates for COVID-19 get close to 75% of the country’s adult population. In late May, Canada had vaccinated more than 68% of adults with at least one shot, according to the article posted Monday, June 7.

Canada appears to be pushing for a phased approach and wanting to make sure those entering the country are fully vaccinated

In a separate article, Bloomberg reported that Canada is making plans to loosen the 14-day quarantine period for people who are fully vaccinated and that details will be announced in the coming days. On Tuesday, June 8, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said a border reopening would focus on those who are fully vaccinated, according to an article posted by CTV News.

On whether the border reopening would happen around June 22 has not been decided yet, Trudeau said, adding that his team is talking to medical professionals and that a formal announcement is coming later, according to the CTV article.

[www.bellinghamherald.com]

This means I can now cross the border and see all
My 5 shows I have booked in the States now smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 9, 2021 00:17

GlimmerGirl24
makemeburnthecandle
Genesis is touring in November and December. Perhaps they are all US citizens?

They're hoping travel restrictions will be lifted by then. If restrictions are still imposed and/or venue capacity restrictions are imposed, Genesis will postpone like Rod Stewart and Def Leppard have.

With the Delta variant beginning to take hold in Britain, I'm less positive travel restrictions are going to be lifted soon or exceptions made for O/P1 entertainer visas.

That said, the Machine is in gear, a tour is planned. But there has been no announcement, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Dr. Fauci weighed in on the worrisome issue of the Delta variant earlier today, pleading for people to get vaccinated:

Fauci warns dangerous Indian COVID variant could become dominant in US

Delta

Dr. Anthony Fauci warned Tuesday that the dangerous Indian COVID-19 variant could become the most dominant strain in the US — as the mutation has rapidly spread among younger people in the UK.
The White House chief medical adviser said he feared that the so-called Delta variant, B1.617.2, could overtake the highly contagious UK variant, known as B117, in the country — an alarming prospect we should prevent. “We cannot let that happen in the United States, which is such a powerful argument … to get vaccinated,” Fauci said Tuesday at the White House COVID-19 task force briefing. The infectious diseases expert pointed out that the exact situation is already playing out across the pond. “In the UK, the Delta variant is the rapidly emerging as the dominant variant, [accounting for] greater than 60 percent. It is replacing the B117,” he warned. “When talking to their health authorities, the transmission is peaking in the younger group of 12- to 20-year-olds — mainly that group that we’re concerned about here, about making sure they get vaccinated,” he added.

Currently, the Delta variant accounts for about 6 percent of cases in the US, Fauci said. His warning comes as the Biden administration faces criticism about there being millions of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 shots at risk of expiring by the end of the month, the Wall Street Journal reported. The White House, however, has defended the possibility of wasted doses. “It’s not realistic to expect that not a single dose will go to waste,” said Andy Slavitt, senior adviser to Biden’s coronavirus response team. “You choose equity over making sure that there wasn’t a single wasted dose. Those are values we’ve continued to prioritize — speed and equity as the most important things and that means inevitably there will be situations where that will happen now again,” he added. Currently, at least 63 percent of adults over the age of 18 in the US have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. President Biden, however, has set a goal of reaching a 70 percent threshold by July 4. So far, only 13 states have reached that milestone — with Washington state over the weekend becoming the latest to join the list.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 02:06

For a minute there I thought I clicked the covid thread...

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 02:09

JN99

lol, me too!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 9, 2021 02:21

JN99

I've been thinking that for the last few months...

Date: June 9, 2021 02:30

TumblinDice76
Hairball-thanks for the info. I forgot Ride Em On Down was played at Chicago 2. Pretty killer version too. Kind of wish they would keep at least on B&L song along with Ghost Town. It will be interesting if any more Goats Head songs make the rotation. 40th Anniv year for Tattoo You.

Yes I would hope they would keep at least one or two B&L cover tunes in the mix also.
But with the setlist only at 20 tunes (give or take), might be hoping againt the odds...I'm not even sure they'll play Ghost Town, though I'd love to see/hear it live.
Based on what they played the last leg of No Filter, expected lots of oldies but goodies, and probably nothing past Keith's Slipping Away from '89, or You Got Me Rocking from '94.
I could be wrong, but I think there were a couple of shows where the "newest" tune was Start Me Up. As far as Goats Head Soup, I would expect and hope for Angie,
If they happen to have a "rarities" song vote again, maybe Dancing with Mr D will make the cut. Otherwise business as usual with lots and lots of oldies/warhorses...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 9, 2021 02:51

Hairball
TumblinDice76
Hairball-thanks for the info. I forgot Ride Em On Down was played at Chicago 2. Pretty killer version too. Kind of wish they would keep at least on B&L song along with Ghost Town. It will be interesting if any more Goats Head songs make the rotation. 40th Anniv year for Tattoo You.

Yes I would hope they would keep at least one or two B&L cover tunes in the mix also.
But with the setlist only at 20 tunes (give or take), might be hoping againt the odds...I'm not even sure they'll play Ghost Town, though I'd love to see/hear it live.
Based on what they played the last leg of No Filter, expected lots of oldies but goodies, and probably nothing past Keith's Slipping Away from '89, or You Got Me Rocking from '94.
I could be wrong, but I think there were a couple of shows where the "newest" tune was Start Me Up. As far as Goats Head Soup, I would expect and hope for Angie,
If they happen to have a "rarities" song vote again, maybe Dancing with Mr D will make the cut. Otherwise business as usual with lots and lots of oldies/warhorses...

Imagine if they opened with Mr D or Ghost Town. Either one would be incredible, a great slinky opening song.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 02:51

Hairball
TumblinDice76

Or maybe Winter from Goats! Someone I met last tour told me they got Silver Train once, I hadn't realized they'd ever played it live

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 02:56 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 02:52

Hairball
TumblinDice76

Was thinking that if by some chance they made Dancing with Mr. D a staple of the setlist, that'd be pretty sweet.

Having seen Angie last time, I'm hoping that some of Sweet Virginia and/or Let It Bleed sticks around, maybe they could give Wild Horses the small stage treatment.

I myself would be very pleased if that were to end up the case.

Date: June 9, 2021 03:40

As for Angie, I know some people don't like it or are indifferent to it for whatever reason, but I've always been a sucker for it ever since it was released when I was ten.
Maybe for some of the old timers it didn't quite have that "Stonesy vibe" as it was a bit soft, but it spoke volumes to me then and still does to this day.
Everything from the guitar, to the vocals, to the lyrics - without thinking too hard about it, probably/maybe/undoubtedly (lol) a top 20 Stones tune for me.
Don't know how many times I've seen it live, and it's probably been quite a few, but there's always room in the setlist for it as far as I'm concerned.thumbs up

Whatever...when it comes down to it, all I really care about is seeing Midnight Rambler again, and Keith playing Happy which he avoided on the last leg.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 9, 2021 03:45

They could do a mini-set... bring out some stools, and unleash Country Honk, Lady Jane, Sweet Virginia et al... slow it down and all of 'em could take a little breather mid-show. I've wondered since the PPV Miami gig in '94 why they didn't go this route, but I do love the B-stage concept.

After the country flair at the Nashville gig in 2015, with Brad Paisley opening and he and The Stones doin' the special guest thing, I'm thinkin' that show could be another unique evening, assuming it gets a reschedule.

Date: June 9, 2021 03:51

TKinOH
They could do a mini-set... bring out some stools, and unleash Country Honk, Lady Jane, Sweet Virginia et al... slow it down and all of 'em could take a little breather mid-show. I've wondered since the PPV Miami gig in '94 why they didn't go this route, but I do love the B-stage concept.

After the country flair at the Nashville gig in 2015, with Brad Paisley opening and he and The Stones doin' the special guest thing, I'm thinkin' that show could be another unique evening, assuming it gets a reschedule.

Would be sweet if Lady Jane was played consistently on this leg... I'd like to see Play with Fire played at more shows too.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 9, 2021 03:57

North America deserves some Dancing with Mr. D love, too, after they pulled it out in Europe in 2017... I still love the version from Zurich on YT...

And, no, I'm not trying to start the bitching about setlists vibe!! I figure if I can get one special number a show, it's worth it to me!

And Hairball, I concur on the money shot, Midnight Rambler... worth the price of admission right there!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 04:05

TKinOH

I thought the same thing for Nashville in terms of unique gig and wouldn’t surprise me if there’s some country flair to it. Originally I was planning to do Nashville as my show for the tour. Based on pricing and drive time (10 hours round trip vs. 16), I decided to do Detroit instead of Nashville.

Date: June 9, 2021 04:09

TKinOH
North America deserves some Dancing with Mr. D love, too, after they pulled it out in Europe in 2017... I still love the version from Zurich on YT...

And, no, I'm not trying to start the bitching about setlists vibe!! I figure if I can get one special number a show, it's worth it to me!

And Hairball, I concur on the money shot, Midnight Rambler... worth the price of admission right there!

I'd rather hear setlist speculation than whether or not masks are required outdoors in (insert country name here)

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 9, 2021 04:36

Or maybe Winter from Goats! Someone I met last tour told me they got Silver Train once, I hadn't realized they'd ever played it live[/quote]

They did Silver Train during one of the Japan 14 on Fire Shows. With Mick Taylor - sounded hot!

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: June 9, 2021 05:05

If there is in fact going to be a late summer/early fall tour, does anybody have any idea when the announcement may be? I figured we would have heard from them by now.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 9, 2021 05:13

It’s gonna be the same 17 songs and a couple ringers as the last ten years. Be grateful we can see them at all.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 9, 2021 07:22

trevormcmullin
If there is in fact going to be a late summer/early fall tour, does anybody have any idea when the announcement may be? I figured we would have heard from them by now.

slow down

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 9, 2021 07:30

trevormcmullin

Supposedly this week, but for unknown reason(s) the announcement does not appear to be happening. There are more weeks though. smiling smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 9, 2021 10:08

stickyfingers101
timbernardis
Topi
Oh, I would bet parking goes to the venue. The only thing the venue makes money out of are the concessions and the parking, etc. - they have nothing to do with ticketing.

[www.quora.com]

(and when you think about it, compared to what the Stones demand as a guarantee for A show - what's that, 4-5 million? - parking really is chump change)

Maybe not chump change. For example, the Oakland Coliseum Stadium has 10,000 parking spaces x $50 per space = half a million dollars. I know about ten years ago, I paid $50 for a space across the Bay at a San Francisco Giants baseball game.

plexi

I would imagine "parking" goes to the stadium, but I also wouldn't put it past the Stones or other "A-Listers" & their lawyers to negotiate a cut of that.

...and Plexi is 100% correct: it's not chump-change at all...it's "easy money"...10s or 100s of thousands of dollars every concert/game.

Besides, this is the easiest money they make. It's pavement w/ lines on it and they charge $30-$150 (at Foxboro) for temporary use.

that's also precisely why every hotel and restaurant along Rt. 1 into Foxboro rents out their parking lot spaces for concerts/games...it's dead-space that costs essentially nothing to maintain....easy money.

besides...there's no such thing as "chump change"...that's how the rich get rich and stay rich...by never writing anything off as "chump change"...

Topi
Of course it all adds up, what I meant was that parking revenues per a given show probably pale in comparison to the Stones guarantee.

Naturally, I have no idea if they have an in on the ancillary revenues, and how big of a % that may be.

well, half a million in my example holds up pretty well against the 4-5 million guarantee. And that's only for stadiums/stades that have only 10,000 parking spaces.

plexi

Date: June 9, 2021 10:09

slewan
timbernardis
Topi

[www.quora.com]

plexi

Like I always say: If my career fails I'm going open a parking space in the US and become a millionaire…

good one slewan!

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 9, 2021 10:15

You'd still need to know what ballpark of a percentage (if any!) of that half a million actually goes to the artist/promoter - or if the venue pockets it all.

Fully admit I don't know nearly enough of the concert business to even start guessing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 10:20 by Topi.

Date: June 9, 2021 10:22

Hairball
GlimmerGirl24
makemeburnthecandle
Genesis is touring in November and December. Perhaps they are all US citizens?

They're hoping travel restrictions will be lifted by then. If restrictions are still imposed and/or venue capacity restrictions are imposed, Genesis will postpone like Rod Stewart and Def Leppard have.

With the Delta variant beginning to take hold in Britain, I'm less positive travel restrictions are going to be lifted soon or exceptions made for O/P1 entertainer visas.

That said, the Machine is in gear, a tour is planned. But there has been no announcement, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Dr. Fauci weighed in on the worrisome issue of the Delta variant earlier today, pleading for people to get vaccinated:

Fauci warns dangerous Indian COVID variant could become dominant in US

Delta

Dr. Anthony Fauci warned Tuesday that the dangerous Indian COVID-19 variant could become the most dominant strain in the US — as the mutation has rapidly spread among younger people in the UK.
The White House chief medical adviser said he feared that the so-called Delta variant, B1.617.2, could overtake the highly contagious UK variant, known as B117, in the country — an alarming prospect we should prevent. “We cannot let that happen in the United States, which is such a powerful argument … to get vaccinated,” Fauci said Tuesday at the White House COVID-19 task force briefing. The infectious diseases expert pointed out that the exact situation is already playing out across the pond. “In the UK, the Delta variant is the rapidly emerging as the dominant variant, [accounting for] greater than 60 percent. It is replacing the B117,” he warned. “When talking to their health authorities, the transmission is peaking in the younger group of 12- to 20-year-olds — mainly that group that we’re concerned about here, about making sure they get vaccinated,” he added.

Currently, the Delta variant accounts for about 6 percent of cases in the US, Fauci said. His warning comes as the Biden administration faces criticism about there being millions of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 shots at risk of expiring by the end of the month, the Wall Street Journal reported. The White House, however, has defended the possibility of wasted doses. “It’s not realistic to expect that not a single dose will go to waste,” said Andy Slavitt, senior adviser to Biden’s coronavirus response team. “You choose equity over making sure that there wasn’t a single wasted dose. Those are values we’ve continued to prioritize — speed and equity as the most important things and that means inevitably there will be situations where that will happen now again,” he added. Currently, at least 63 percent of adults over the age of 18 in the US have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. President Biden, however, has set a goal of reaching a 70 percent threshold by July 4. So far, only 13 states have reached that milestone — with Washington state over the weekend becoming the latest to join the list.

the usual Doom and Gloom from Hairball.

plexi

Date: June 9, 2021 10:24

Come to think of it - didn't Ticketmaster actually sell parking passes to some shows on the No Filter tour? That means Ticketmaster is in on it too, ha!

Date: June 9, 2021 10:38

Topi
Come to think of it - didn't Ticketmaster actually sell parking passes to some shows on the No Filter tour? That means Ticketmaster is in on it too, ha!

I think that has been happening in the overall world of entertainment for a while now. But yes, I got a parking pass from TM for the Denver show, as did my brother which worked out well for a good tailgate party. Remember, Hockenheim95?

plexi

Date: June 9, 2021 10:46

How much was that parking pass, BTW?

Date: June 9, 2021 11:17

Austrian news article saying the Stones are in negotiations for a show next year.

[www.oe24.at]

"Sommer 2022: die große Europa-Tournee zum 60. Band-Jubiläum"

"Summer 2022: the big European Tour for the band's 60th anniversary"

Chances are, however, that they're using this very board as their source winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 11:37 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...121122123124125126127128129130131...LastNext
Current Page: 126 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home