Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...119120121122123124125126127128129...LastNext
Current Page: 124 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 7, 2021 13:06

The top tour listing search in POLLSTAR this morning is THE ROLLING STONES. There are no accompanying dates but there is reference to 22 shows which likely refer to the 2020 dates.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 7, 2021 13:15

The Rolling Stones have better lawyers than most of us. Sure they make sure they have a cut in anything they do within the show facilities, if it is within the contract reach, like sales, catering, merchandise etc.

The tour is coming up, in USA this fall, that is a pretty safe bet.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 7, 2021 14:22

Are there any European bands planning to tour in the US in 2021? It seems work permit/visa might be a problem at the moment.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 7, 2021 14:40

bv
The Rolling Stones have better lawyers than most of us. Sure they make sure they have a cut in anything they do within the show facilities, if it is within the contract reach, like sales, catering, merchandise etc.

smileys with beer
Glad I made that bet early on here... Any other takers, the betting window is still open winking smiley

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 7, 2021 14:48

MisterDDDD
bv

smileys with beer
Glad I made that bet early on here... Any other takers, the betting window is still open winking smiley

it's true...DDDD took The Under.

if the tour happens, I owe $50 to a charity of my choice (likely Doctors w/o Borders)....

....it's not over yet, but anytime BV starts weighing-in, the odds shift dramatically.

Date: June 7, 2021 14:56

stickyfingers101
MisterDDDD
bv

smileys with beer

it's true...DDDD took The Under.

if the tour happens, I owe $50 to a charity of my choice (likely Doctors w/o Borders)....

....it's not over yet, but anytime BV starts weighing-in, the odds shift dramatically.

No, it's not over yet sticky, but great choice for the charity.
If they somehow don't pull it off, my check will be going to the same smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 7, 2021 15:06

Adams
Are there any European bands planning to tour in the US in 2021? It seems work permit/visa might be a problem at the moment.

This should be no issue by September and they may open up the border much sooner possibly even later this month.More and more countries are now beginning to reopen.
Even Australians may very soon be permitted to travel to certain countries with reciprocal deals in place with no quarantine on return to Australia if they have been vaccinated.

Nate

Date: June 7, 2021 15:35

Nate
Adams

This should be no issue by September and they may open up the border much sooner possibly even later this month.More and more countries are now beginning to reopen.
Even Australians may very soon be permitted to travel to certain countries with reciprocal deals in place with no quarantine on return to Australia if they have been vaccinated.

Nate

Agreed, this won’t be an issue especially come September, then the question is what’s holding up the announcement. It seems the dates and venues are reserved by now so does that leave the insurance coverage still outstanding?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 7, 2021 16:01

bv
kovach
Aquamarine
daspyknows

The US as a whole will NEVER get to 75%. Many states will but many more will never hit 50%.

Truth. Never going to happen.

Add in the folks who have already had Covid and have natural immunity and you're pretty darn close if not already there or beyond.

If you get covid-19 through the virus you are protected i.e. immune for six - 6 - months, while the vaccine is expected to last for 12-18 months at least. Herd immunity through the population getting sick from covid-19 was abandoned by most of the world more than a year ago.

The vaccine pass in Norway will accept the vaccine, and those who had covid-19 less than half a year ago.

I was basing my comments off of this hopeful study, which I guess is still theory at this point:

Covid and Immunity

Interesting that they only studied mild cases and don't really yet know how worse cases may affect immunity.

Date: June 7, 2021 16:12

makemeburnthecandle
Nate
Adams

Nate

Agreed, this won’t be an issue especially come September, then the question is what’s holding up the announcement. It seems the dates and venues are reserved by now so does that leave the insurance coverage still outstanding?

They can announce dates only after work permits are in their hands, not before that. Covid situation is not very predictable in places with low vaccination rates either. It is even hard to predict how many more people will want to get the vaccine before autumn and if there is going to be another lockdown in October in some states or not. Hoping for good but this is reality we are in.

Date: June 7, 2021 16:27

Genesis is touring in November and December. Perhaps they are all US citizens?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 7, 2021 17:02

makemeburnthecandle
Nate
Adams

Nate

It could be the insurance will not commit until closer to the tour start - in case any major (negative) changes in the Covid situation in the US.

Date: June 7, 2021 17:07

makemeburnthecandle
Genesis is touring in November and December. Perhaps they are all US citizens?

Oh Yeah, I forgot about them. Don't know what citizenship they have though.

Date: June 7, 2021 17:13

Also King Crimson have announced a tour starting in July so work permits maybe are not an issue. Unless they all have US citizenship, probably they don't

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 7, 2021 18:52

rbk
The top tour listing search in POLLSTAR this morning is THE ROLLING STONES. There are no accompanying dates but there is reference to 22 shows which likely refer to the 2020 dates.

There were 15 dates for the postponed 2020 tour.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 7, 2021 19:43

Major League Baseball’s Toronto Blue Jays just extended their temporary residence in Buffalo through July 21, so we shouldn’t expect an open border until late July, at best.

[www.espn.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 7, 2021 19:53

Javadave
Major League Baseball’s Toronto Blue Jays just extended their temporary residence in Buffalo through July 21, so we shouldn’t expect an open border until late July, at best.

[www.espn.com]

Vancouver can be at the end of the tour. Hopefully things will open up by October.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 7, 2021 19:59

swimtothemoon
rbk

There were 15 dates for the postponed 2020 tour.

The 22 is in reference to the Box Office Scores for past dates and not for upcoming dates.

Date: June 7, 2021 20:10

Javadave

[www.espn.com]

Expect? Maybe not.
Other factors like terms of Buffalo facilities contract/hotels/game logistics/ etc., doesn't make me much more inclined to think that is written in stone.

My guess is an announcement will come June 22nd, with July 1 (Canada Day) being the effective date of any new guidelines.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2021 20:16

bv

Not willing to bet for or against, but certainly hope it happens! smiling smiley

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 7, 2021 20:43

bv

Wrigley Field and Comiskey Park are full capacity as of this coming Friday.
Concerts are right behind. I think it is a safe bet. Finally...

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 7, 2021 21:41

The Eagles just confirmed rescheduled 2021 tour dates and added more shows starting August 22nd 2021 New York City @ Madison Square Garden

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 7, 2021 21:50

Hockey opened up for the Canadian teams. I hope July 1 at the latest for the border to open for Canada Day!!

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: June 7, 2021 22:52

Foo Fighters touring the US this year, and Springsteen on Broadway is back on from June 26th.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 7, 2021 22:57

I’m showing my age but I’d rather have an album. I’ll go and enjoy it but to me the show would be much more enjoyable with 3 to 4 new songs

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 7, 2021 23:28

I'm going to say Living in a Ghost Town gets played in the #4 spot. Kind of hope they keep the 2 song unplugged songs.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 7, 2021 23:32

TumblinDice76
I'm going to say Living in a Ghost Town gets played in the #4 spot.

… and gets droped after the second show

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: June 7, 2021 23:38

Lol

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: June 7, 2021 23:59

Yep.

Date: June 8, 2021 00:16

slewan
TumblinDice76
I'm going to say Living in a Ghost Town gets played in the #4 spot.

… and gets droped after the second show

I think it will make it to the 3rd show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...119120121122123124125126127128129...LastNext
Current Page: 124 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home