Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...118119120121122123124125126127128...LastNext
Current Page: 123 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 6, 2021 01:46

That was basically my point, daspy. And I don't really see it happening, but hey, what do I know.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 6, 2021 03:01

jbwelda you know a lot. One of the sane and reasonable voices here.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 6, 2021 03:07

Thanks but you are probably giving me way too much credit. Time will tell, though.

jb

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 6, 2021 03:19

If the Stones and their crew are all fully vaccinated then Covid shouldn't be an issue for them. Hopefully they are otherwise in good health and ready to hit the road, barring any Covid surprises. They seem to be chomping at the bit, so fingers crossed.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 6, 2021 03:25

They could just increase ticket/merchandise prices and offset costs in other ways I guess.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 6, 2021 08:59

Dougratajczak87
NashvilleBlues
timbernardis
We don't and can't know anything now as to tour or no tour this fall. They've shown us that they only need two or three months between announcing a tour and when the tour begins. So if they plan to start in September or October and things look good a couple of months out, they may decide to go ahead. But we (and they) may not know til July or August. Tell me why I am wrong.

plexi

You may be right. Everyone seems to think Charlie won’t play in the cold, so I’d think they’d be wise to start mid-August and end in mid-October. Announcing the makeup dates this month makes the most sense to me.

Looking at what Tom said and BV added to that 2021 dates for US, Europe for 2022, are scheduled they have every incentive in the world to make the dates happen.

Especially given the context Tom provided that 2022 US dates were even more difficult to schedule given the backlog of shows. I think patience is the key here.

If there’s a way to make 2021 happen, they’ll find it.

Agreed on all points, especially PATIENCE IS THE KEY. Just one question -- who is Tom?

plexi

Date: June 6, 2021 09:17

daspyknows
jbwelda you know a lot. One of the sane and reasonable voices here.

What else do you expect from a couple of guys from northern California? Sanity and reason.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 6, 2021 11:03

terraplane
They could just increase ticket/merchandise prices and offset costs in other ways I guess.

Don't see how you can increase ticket prices when most of the tickets have already been sold.

Date: June 6, 2021 11:05

timbernardis

Agreed on all points, especially PATIENCE IS THE KEY. Just one question -- who is Tom?

plexi

I guess they are talking about the guy that goes by "Tom Johnson" on the Bruce Springsteen message board (The Backstreet Exchange) at backstreets.com/btx. Dougratajczak87 quoted his BTX post here.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 6, 2021 15:33

No source cited, but another tweet from the aforementioned MF Remillard:

If The #RollingStones are touring again after #covid, they will have to pay 20% more insurance on the gross.

#insurance #concerts

[twitter.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 15:35

bye bye johnny

If The #RollingStones are touring again after #covid, they will have to pay 20% more insurance on the gross.

#insurance #concerts

[twitter.com]

No prizes for guessing who’ll ultimately foot the bill for that extra touring cost!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 6, 2021 16:36

[www.youtube.com] While we are waiting. Where do I sign up for a girl like this?

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 17:07

timbernardis
Dougratajczak87
NashvilleBlues
timbernardis
We don't and can't know anything now as to tour or no tour this fall. They've shown us that they only need two or three months between announcing a tour and when the tour begins. So if they plan to start in September or October and things look good a couple of months out, they may decide to go ahead. But we (and they) may not know til July or August. Tell me why I am wrong.

plexi

You may be right. Everyone seems to think Charlie won’t play in the cold, so I’d think they’d be wise to start mid-August and end in mid-October. Announcing the makeup dates this month makes the most sense to me.

Looking at what Tom said and BV added to that 2021 dates for US, Europe for 2022, are scheduled they have every incentive in the world to make the dates happen.

Especially given the context Tom provided that 2022 US dates were even more difficult to schedule given the backlog of shows. I think patience is the key here.

If there’s a way to make 2021 happen, they’ll find it.

plexi

Tom Johnson from Backstreets (Bruce Springsteen) fan site. He is extremely reliable for touring information as it relates to Bruce and likely has connections in the industry based on past track record.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 6, 2021 17:08

Aquamarine
daspyknows

The US as a whole will NEVER get to 75%. Many states will but many more will never hit 50%.

Truth. Never going to happen.

Add in the folks who have already had Covid and have natural immunity and you're pretty darn close if not already there or beyond.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 6, 2021 18:53

kovach
Aquamarine
daspyknows

The US as a whole will NEVER get to 75%. Many states will but many more will never hit 50%.

Add in the folks who have already had Covid and have natural immunity and you're pretty darn close if not already there or beyond.

If you get covid-19 through the virus you are protected i.e. immune for six - 6 - months, while the vaccine is expected to last for 12-18 months at least. Herd immunity through the population getting sick from covid-19 was abandoned by most of the world more than a year ago.

The vaccine pass in Norway will accept the vaccine, and those who had covid-19 less than half a year ago.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-06 18:55 by bv.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2021 20:20

grzegorz67
bye bye johnny

#insurance #concerts

[twitter.com]

No prizes for guessing who’ll ultimately foot the bill for that extra touring cost!

Could be the age factor - can't think of any other band as old as the Stones who are hoping to play in massive football stadiums with tens of thousands of people in attendance.
And then there's the various health issues the band members have had (past, and possibly in the present) - we'd like to think they're invincible, but clearly they're human.
As mpj200 said a couple weeks ago regarding insurance, "That water is a bit murky right now", but maybe now things are getting a bit clearer with 20% more being added to the bill.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2021 20:21

kovach
Aquamarine
daspyknows

Sixty five percent (data below three days old) of adult Americans have already had their first shot, with over 53% of them fully vaxxed.
This is before you factor in children and those already infected.

*New prediction (as all my others have come to pass or are in spitting distance)
By first show (in 2021 as I've predicted early and often) 80% of US adults will be either fully vaxxed or have had their first shot. Factor in people who've got some immunity from catching the virus and 75% is nearly a lock.

"What percent of the US is vaccinated?
Already 63 percent of adult Americans have received at least one shot, and 52 percent of adult Americans are fully vaccinated. Already 12 states have 70 percent of adults with at least one shot"
[www.whitehouse.gov]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 21:18

Hairball
grzegorz67
bye bye johnny

#insurance #concerts

[twitter.com]

Could be the age factor - can't think of any other band as old as the Stones who are hoping to play in massive football stadiums with tens of thousands of people in attendance.
And then there's the various health issues the band members have had (past, and possibly in the present) - we'd like to think they're invincible, but clearly they're human.
As mpj200 said a couple weeks ago regarding insurance, "That water is a bit murky right now", but maybe now things are getting a bit clearer with 20% more being added to the bill.

It will be interesting to see how they recoup the extra costs, given most tickets have already been sold. More expensive merch and food is my guess. The band health issues could play a part too, though hopefully not. Though the signs are looking better for a late Summer/Autumn tour of North America, it’s far from certain to happen. Personally I’ll be waiting until they’re back on home turf.

I got my 2nd vaccine jab this week but I won’t be doing any foreign travel until all restrictions are removed. We’re actually slightly ahead of the US with 75+ % having had 1 jab and just over 50% having both. It’s the fools who are refusing the vaccine for no good reason who’re going to delay the recovery, and by extension the possibility of holding large scale events safely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-06 21:19 by grzegorz67.

Date: June 6, 2021 21:40

Do the food/concession revenues go to the band, though? I don't think so. Merch, of course, does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-06 21:40 by Topi.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 6, 2021 23:46

MisterDDDD
kovach
Aquamarine
daspyknows

Sixty five percent (data below three days old) of adult Americans have already had their first shot, with over 53% of them fully vaxxed.

*New prediction (as all my others have come to pass or are in spitting distance)
By first show (in 2021 as I've predicted early and often) 80% of US adults will be either fully vaxxed or have had their first shot. Factor in people who've got some immunity from catching the virus and 75% is nearly a lock.

Already 63 percent of adult Americans have received at least one shot, and 52 percent of adult Americans are fully vaccinated. Already 12 states have 70 percent of adults with at least one shot"
[www.whitehouse.gov]

I think this is rather misleading, though, because it's averaging out regional variations. Some parts of the country will get to 90+% vaccination, whereas other parts, especially the Deep South, won't break the 50% mark. Where I live we've been stuck on 32% (not 36% has I'd earlier thought) for weeks, and despite incentives I don't see it going significantly higher. (So the upshot is that you'd be a lot safer going to a show without Covid restrictions in the northeast than you would going to one in the south, for example.)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 7, 2021 01:17

^ And this tour is predominantly in low vaccination states i.e. Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, North Carolina. The 2019 tour seems much more doable with that scenario.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 7, 2021 01:21

Aquamarine
MisterDDDD
kovach
Aquamarine
daspyknows

[www.whitehouse.gov]

I think this is rather misleading, though, because it's averaging out regional variations. Some parts of the country will get to 90+% vaccination, whereas other parts, especially the Deep South, won't break the 50% mark. Where I live we've been stuck on 32% (not 36% has I'd earlier thought) for weeks, and despite incentives I don't see it going significantly higher. (So the upshot is that you'd be a lot safer going to a show without Covid restrictions in the northeast than you would going to one in the south, for example.)

Not misleading in the context of the discussion stating the US won't reach 75%.
Was factual and very likely be proven accurate.

Of course some states are and will be doing better than others, and perhaps that's part of the strategy in retooling the tour if they do.

I suspect we'll see a vax proof/neg test within x hours/insta read thermometer/ etc option(s) for entry, but we'll have to wait and see.

Regardless of the number of unvaxxed fans in attendance, the key is to be vaxxed and masked with near zero concerns. Like I said, when (as it nearly is now) the unvaxxed make up 95% of hospitalizations and deaths, most will choose the jab and a donut eventually. Or not.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2021 02:33

grzegorz67

It will be interesting to see how they recoup the extra costs, given most tickets have already been sold. More expensive merch and food is my guess.

Reminds me of the deluxe Hazmat suits w/tongue logo someone mentioned previously - they'll cost $1,000 , and will now be required for entry!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 7, 2021 03:01

Topi
Do the food/concession revenues go to the band, though? I don't think so. Merch, of course, does.

Usually it's the venue.

Sometimes the promoter takes a cut.

I've been to different shows on succeeding days at the same venue where concessions prices change. (Joan Jett/Cherie Currie and Blondie at Pacific Amph)

In the case of LiveNation amphitheatres, promoter and venue are one and the same. Also in the case of LiveNation tours they often pay a flat fee for the entire tour (including merch rights) and then find various ways to maximize their return by scaled pricing, platinum packages and even variable merch pricing, where if you are at the last night of a tour you might get a $10 T shirt.

Bruce Springsteen, who makes his own individual per event deals had the details of his contract with Giants Stadium for his 2003 10 night stand published and he was taking a cut of concessions.

I am almost positive Stones Dodger Stadium 2006 you could see on the board where they changed prices, but it it was for that event or an overall change I don't know.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 7, 2021 06:16

Hairball
grzegorz67

It will be interesting to see how they recoup the extra costs, given most tickets have already been sold. More expensive merch and food is my guess.

Reminds me of the deluxe Hazmat suits w/tongue logo someone mentioned previously - they'll cost $1,000 , and will now be required for entry!

I had to were one of those in a motel in Brooklyn

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 7, 2021 06:20

Cooltoplady
Hairball
grzegorz67

I had to were one of those in a motel in Brooklyn

I get a hankering to go to a DEVO concert when I see that for some reason.

Date: June 7, 2021 11:13

From Facebook:

"Mick gave an interview this morning on RTL radio as part of the opening of the Unzipped exhibition in Marseille and announced that he was working on the resumption of the tour in the USA from September 2021."

Date: June 7, 2021 11:30

That's encouraging.

plexi

Date: June 7, 2021 11:31

Then there's parking, but wouldn't know who gets the take from that.

plexi

Date: June 7, 2021 11:56

Oh, I would bet parking goes to the venue. The only thing the venue makes money out of are the concessions and the parking, etc. - they have nothing to do with ticketing.

[www.quora.com]

(and when you think about it, compared to what the Stones demand as a guarantee for A show - what's that, 4-5 million? - parking really is chump change)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...118119120121122123124125126127128...LastNext
Current Page: 123 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1239
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home