Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: June 5, 2021 03:00

I like it when we get rumored dates/locations.That helps with planning until something is official. Is Pitt the only date we quasi-confirmed? 10/3?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 5, 2021 03:14

Hairball - I found a video posted by the chief scientist in charge of the study explaining why this might happen and trying to give reassurance by saying it was not altogether unusual. Seemed to me that the most viable explanation in my case (hopefully!) was that the test didn't look for T-cells, which is something also mentioned in the article you posted.

Sorry to all - didn't mean to hijack this thread, so better get back on topic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 03:14 by Beast.

Date: June 5, 2021 06:14

In the US every state has different Covid restrictions such as "social distancing" and "personal distancing" and "self-quarantining", so how are they going to have a multi-state tour unless they sell fewer tickets to give us more space? Or will they ignore it and just pack us all in the PIT as usual?

Many Americans just don't want the vaccine. I am sure of this because my company has been offering free vaccines to our community and about half refused it. Yeah I want a tour just as much as all of us here, but we will all be taking a chance including the band which is my main concern.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 5, 2021 07:25

We don't and can't know anything now as to tour or no tour this fall. They've shown us that they only need two or three months between announcing a tour and when the tour begins. So if they plan to start in September or October and things look good a couple of months out, they may decide to go ahead. But we (and they) may not know til July or August. Tell me why I am wrong.

plexi

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 5, 2021 07:26

BitchKeepsBitchin
In the US every state has different Covid restrictions such as "social distancing" and "personal distancing" and "self-quarantining", so how are they going to have a multi-state tour unless they sell fewer tickets to give us more space? Or will they ignore it and just pack us all in the PIT as usual?

Many Americans just don't want the vaccine. I am sure of this because my company has been offering free vaccines to our community and about half refused it. Yeah I want a tour just as much as all of us here, but we will all be taking a chance including the band which is my main concern.

Every state? Texas, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma and at least 15 more have and have had zero restrictions for awhile. There is no way those states will reduce capacity, require vaccination, have any social distancing etc etc. The vaccination rates in these states is also very low. Face it, unvaccinated people will get sick and die and those with weak immunity will too.

Given the dollars involved these shows will happen as full capacity if the tour happens. Just hopefully no band members get sick. I am assuming they are all vaccinated.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 5, 2021 10:46

daspyknows
BitchKeepsBitchin

Every state? Texas, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma and at least 15 more have and have had zero restrictions for awhile. There is no way those states will reduce capacity, require vaccination, have any social distancing etc etc. The vaccination rates in these states is also very low. Face it, unvaccinated people will get sick and die and those with weak immunity will too.

Given the dollars involved these shows will happen as full capacity if the tour happens. Just hopefully no band members get sick. I am assuming they are all vaccinated.

the problem is not the protection of the band members. They are just a few people, most likely vaccinated and easy to protect (relative isolation, no direct contact to unvaccinated outsiders, tested three times day and so on). The real danger is that a fully capacity show turns into a super spreading event.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 5, 2021 11:12

timbernardis
We don't and can't know anything now as to tour or no tour this fall. They've shown us that they only need two or three months between announcing a tour and when the tour begins. So if they plan to start in September or October and things look good a couple of months out, they may decide to go ahead. But we (and they) may not know til July or August. Tell me why I am wrong.

plexi

You're not wrong, especially with this kind of tour which is already "there", so to speak: most tickets have already been sold, after all. Sure, some were refunded, but they will have no problem reselling them in that time span.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 5, 2021 17:29

31 of 32 nfl stadiums have state and local approval to have fans
1st vegas stadium concert is july 3, 2021
1st los angeles stadium concert is july 17th, 2021

timbernardis

plexi

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 5, 2021 18:04

timbernardis

plexi

You may be right. Everyone seems to think Charlie won’t play in the cold, so I’d think they’d be wise to start mid-August and end in mid-October. Announcing the makeup dates this month makes the most sense to me.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 5, 2021 19:37

NashvilleBlues
timbernardis

plexi

You may be right. Everyone seems to think Charlie won’t play in the cold, so I’d think they’d be wise to start mid-August and end in mid-October. Announcing the makeup dates this month makes the most sense to me.

Looking at what Tom said and BV added to that 2021 dates for US, Europe for 2022, are scheduled they have every incentive in the world to make the dates happen.

Especially given the context Tom provided that 2022 US dates were even more difficult to schedule given the backlog of shows. I think patience is the key here.

If there’s a way to make 2021 happen, they’ll find it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 19:43 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: June 5, 2021 19:40

slewan
daspyknows
BitchKeepsBitchin

the problem is not the protection of the band members. They are just a few people, most likely vaccinated and easy to protect (relative isolation, no direct contact to unvaccinated outsiders, tested three times day and so on). The real danger is that a fully capacity show turns into a super spreading event.

In many of the states no one cares whether or not it is a super spreader event.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 5, 2021 20:37

daspyknows
slewan
daspyknows
BitchKeepsBitchin

that's exactely the problem

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 5, 2021 20:53

NashvilleBlues
timbernardis

plexi

There are enough stadiums with a roof, or far enough south, to play well into November.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2021 21:01

thecitadel
NashvilleBlues
timbernardis

plexi

There are enough stadiums with a roof, or far enough south, to play well into November.

Wondering if they play in a stadium with a roof if it would then be considered an indoor event, and if so would that have any impact on the restrictions.
I suppose that could also vary from one state to another, which then adds to the quagmire of other problems and variables when rescheduling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 21:02 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 5, 2021 21:05

slewan
daspyknows
slewan
daspyknows
BitchKeepsBitchin

Nope.
By tour start, the US will be over 75% vaccinated in most if not all states they play in. With a majority of open air stadiums, there should be zero super spreader events by then.
The Super Bowl was hyped as a potential S Spreader event for months before it happened, and the data showed no such event occurred.

The potential (if no vax proof/temp checks in place) 25% of unvaxxed fans aren't spreading it to a masked vaxxed person and vice-versa, even if they are unmasked.
At worst, they will spread it to each other. If they're that committed to no vax by then, it's inevitable they catch it anyway, so Start Me Up!

Date: June 5, 2021 21:12

thecitadel
NashvilleBlues
timbernardis

plexi

It got down to 39 degrees F in Nashville last Halloween. Considering they’ll play till 11:00 pm, it could get cold.

Date: June 5, 2021 21:27

MisterDDDD
slewan
daspyknows
slewan
daspyknows
BitchKeepsBitchin

Nope.
By tour start, the US will be over 75% vaccinated in most if not all states they play in. With a majority of open air stadiums, there should be zero super spreader events by then.
The Super Bowl was hyped as a potential S Spreader event for months before it happened, and the data showed no such event occurred.

The potential (if no vax proof/temp checks in place) 25% of unvaxxed fans aren't spreading it to a masked vaxxed person and vice-versa, even if they are unmasked.
At worst, they will spread it to each other. If they're that committed to no vax by then, it's inevitable they catch it anyway, so Start Me Up!

The US as a whole will NEVER get to 75%. Many states will but many more will never hit 50%. People of a certain political persuasion/religious belief are equating vaccinations with Nazi Germany. The Super Bowl was highly controlled in regards to testing and vaccinations. A concert in Florida, Tennessee or Texas not at all.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 5, 2021 21:38

If you’ve been vaccinated and want to attend a show why worry about any potential super spreader event as those getting infected will have chosen to take their chances with Covid-19 by declining the vaccine.Surely anyone with any sense has got better things to worry about than a bunch of Covid deniers ending up on ventilators.

Nate

Date: June 5, 2021 21:49

Nate
If you’ve been vaccinated and want to attend a show why worry about any potential super spreader event as those getting infected will have chosen to take their chances with Covid-19 by declining the vaccine.Surely anyone with any sense has got better things to worry about than a bunch of Covid deniers ending up on ventilators.

Nate

Seems the Stones themselves are also having various concerns about the virus, hence the delay with any confirmation/announcement as noted in bv's post yesterday.

bv
2021 : USA/Canada fall rescheduled 2020 tour, pending covid-19 situation
2022 : Europe 60th anniversary tour, pending covid-19 situation

Health experts are saying the mRNA vaccines are 30% effective vs the India variant three weeks after the first shot, and 88% effective one week after the second shot. Stadiums are booked, but the virus is still out there, live and changing,. across the world. Vaccine shots need to be taken, across the world, and new ugly variants need to be handled in a safe way.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: June 5, 2021 22:18

Bands must have proper insurance to tour.

Nate

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 5, 2021 23:39

Hairball
Nate

Nate

Seems the Stones themselves are also having various concerns about the virus, hence the delay with any confirmation/announcement as noted in bv's post yesterday.

bv
2021 : USA/Canada fall rescheduled 2020 tour, pending covid-19 situation
2022 : Europe 60th anniversary tour, pending covid-19 situation

Health experts are saying the mRNA vaccines are 30% effective vs the India variant three weeks after the first shot, and 88% effective one week after the second shot. Stadiums are booked, but the virus is still out there, live and changing,. across the world. Vaccine shots need to be taken, across the world, and new ugly variants need to be handled in a safe way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 23:40 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 6, 2021 00:14

daspyknows

The US as a whole will NEVER get to 75%. Many states will but many more will never hit 50%.

Truth. Never going to happen.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: June 6, 2021 00:19

So, we have possible Minneapolis 8/28 and Pittsburgh 10/3. Is that only date/place rumors so far?

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 00:28

dkwalika
So, we have possible Minneapolis 8/28 and Pittsburgh 10/3. Is that only date/place rumors so far?

Yes, that's correct with Minneapolis date being possibly August 28th. The Pittsburgh date's poster seemed extremely confident where as the Minneapolis date poster sounds like it was around that time, possible August 28th.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 6, 2021 00:28

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT....CHICAGO..IN OCTOBER... WE SURVIVED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-06 00:30 by jimpietryga1.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 6, 2021 00:35

Here is what I don't really get, at this point, assuming 100% occupancy is not allowed but instead can only do 50% or something occupancy to maintain social distancing, which I think most if not all states continue to encourage. They sold the tickets for the last tour, aborted, and of course a number of people cashed out their tickets when the tour was cancelled or postponed or whatever. I assume most venues were sold out or near so at that point, that is, at 100% capacity. So the only tickets available for the rescheduled tour, and it may be a majority of original sales, will be from returns of the first attempt. However as we know, a lot of people may have kept their tickets in hope of a reschedule. But they can only fill to 50% capacity now lets say. So how many actual tickets for this round will be available? Not very many if I did my arithmetic correctly.

Maybe they are planning on being at 100% occupancy, but I feel another wave coming on, perhaps of a mutant strain the current vaxes do not cover, and I do not think anywhere will truly be at 100% by the time October rolls around.

Could be completely wrong but I think a further catastrophe is in the making, as far as scheduling and then having to again cancel a tour. I don't really see the Stones with them in as fragile health as they appear to be, really being all in on major tours at this point anyhow, but add in the continuing possibility of health threats to themselves and the public and I am not sure I see a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Speaking of pots of gold, I also don't figure how anyone is going to make a profit at 50% capacity, so perhaps that isn't a thing right now, at least not in all states. But I think that could change in four month's time and capacity limits could be taken seriously again if they are not at present.

jb

Date: June 6, 2021 00:37

NashvilleBlues
After looking at the 2021 NFL schedule, here's my US Fall Stones proposed tour schedule:

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Would this work? If the tour starts 8/4, it could be over by 9/29.

One for two…

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: June 6, 2021 01:11

daspyknows
slewan
daspyknows
BitchKeepsBitchin

I see there are still a few stragglers with the superspreader bullshit.

Date: June 6, 2021 01:25

Aquamarine
daspyknows

The US as a whole will NEVER get to 75%. Many states will but many more will never hit 50%.

Truth. Never going to happen.

Seems no amount of free beer, free donuts, free money, free groceries, and free guns (!) will be enough to persuade some people to get vaccinated unfortunately,
And if we ever get close to that 75%, the virus might have mutated in to something even more wicked by then.

As of yesterday, the US as a whole is at 41.2% fully vaccinated according to this site which also shows all state rankings - FullyVaccinated
Not sure how realistic this is, but maybe some day the virus will mutate itself to the point of becoming obsolete by attacking and infecting itself into oblivion!

Date: June 6, 2021 01:26

jbwelda
Here is what I don't really get, at this point, assuming 100% occupancy is not allowed but instead can only do 50% or something occupancy to maintain social distancing, which I think most if not all states continue to encourage. They sold the tickets for the last tour, aborted, and of course a number of people cashed out their tickets when the tour was cancelled or postponed or whatever. I assume most venues were sold out or near so at that point, that is, at 100% capacity. So the only tickets available for the rescheduled tour, and it may be a majority of original sales, will be from returns of the first attempt. However as we know, a lot of people may have kept their tickets in hope of a reschedule. But they can only fill to 50% capacity now lets say. So how many actual tickets for this round will be available? Not very many if I did my arithmetic correctly.

Maybe they are planning on being at 100% occupancy, but I feel another wave coming on, perhaps of a mutant strain the current vaxes do not cover, and I do not think anywhere will truly be at 100% by the time October rolls around.

Could be completely wrong but I think a further catastrophe is in the making, as far as scheduling and then having to again cancel a tour. I don't really see the Stones with them in as fragile health as they appear to be, really being all in on major tours at this point anyhow, but add in the continuing possibility of health threats to themselves and the public and I am not sure I see a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Speaking of pots of gold, I also don't figure how anyone is going to make a profit at 50% capacity, so perhaps that isn't a thing right now, at least not in all states. But I think that could change in four month's time and capacity limits could be taken seriously again if they are not at present.

jb

The promoters of the tour cannot and will not make a go at 50% capacity. For the tour to work the venues need to be full or damn close to full and the insurance companies are comfortable with the associated risks (Covid, band health, public safety etc). Everyone involved is doing this for the money, lets not forget that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home