Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 4, 2021 04:50

mosthigh
Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76
I'd be VERY surprised if The Stones don't add a show at Sofi especially if Vancouver doesn't happen.

My personal expectation is show at Sofi in place of San Diego and show at the Death Star (Las Vegas stadium) in place of Vancouver.

If Vancouver happens at all, it will likely be at the end of the tour. like in Dec 2006 (which was a barn burner of a show). BC Place does have a roof, so no issues with weather. Would work logistically as well, since it's well off the beaten path from the rest of the tour, but I could see it being nixed for the same reason.

That show was in November 2006 in the BC Place and was the final show of the ABB tour in North America. I was there and met Charlie in the band hotel.

plexi

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 4, 2021 07:31

timbernardis
mosthigh
Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76
I'd be VERY surprised if The Stones don't add a show at Sofi especially if Vancouver doesn't happen.

My personal expectation is show at Sofi in place of San Diego and show at the Death Star (Las Vegas stadium) in place of Vancouver.

If Vancouver happens at all, it will likely be at the end of the tour. like in Dec 2006 (which was a barn burner of a show). BC Place does have a roof, so no issues with weather. Would work logistically as well, since it's well off the beaten path from the rest of the tour, but I could see it being nixed for the same reason.

That show was in November 2006 in the BC Place and was the final show of the ABB tour in North America. I was there and met Charlie in the band hotel.

plexi

Great show, not a pleasant drive back home out in the Fraser Valley, snowing so took it easy. A number of 4x4 pickups in the ditch! I'm sure the border will be reopened by this fall so there should be no border issues.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 4, 2021 08:19

Anyone else see the MarieFranceRemillard tweet/post? USA in 2022?

"No #RollingStones’s tour in 2021.

Their 60th Anniversary Tour will reach the USA, Canada and the UK next year"

How do you interpret?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-04 08:20 by snoopy2.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 4, 2021 09:27

snoopy2
Anyone else see the MarieFranceRemillard tweet/post? USA in 2022?

"No #RollingStones’s tour in 2021.

Their 60th Anniversary Tour will reach the USA, Canada and the UK next year"

How do you interpret?

UK 2022? suits me!

beside that I wonder how they'll handle two tours within one year

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 4, 2021 10:12

How credible is MarieFranceRemillard really, anyway?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 4, 2021 11:56

Who the hell is this person, anyway? Are they somehow "connected"?

plexi

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 4, 2021 12:03

She is a Canadian journalist specialized in rock.
That's all what I have learned from internet now.

I don't know if she can be considered a reliable source (if a reliable source ever exists).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-04 12:04 by RiffKichards.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 4, 2021 12:12

2021 : USA/Canada fall rescheduled 2020 tour, pending covid-19 situation
2022 : Europe 60th anniversary tour, pending covid-19 situation

Health experts are saying the mRNA vaccines are 30% effective vs the India variant three weeks after the first shot, and 88% effective one week after the second shot. Stadiums are booked, but the virus is still out there, live and changing,. across the world. Vaccine shots need to be taken, across the world, and new ugly variants need to be handled in a safe way.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 4, 2021 13:18

Glad they have the tentative bookings/holds in place. Looks like they're getting serious about this.

Posted by: Bunzing ()
Date: June 4, 2021 13:28

Nijmegen is on the list for 2022.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 4, 2021 15:08

Bunzing
Nijmegen is on the list for 2022.
On a field again? I don't like such venues. I prefer stadiums like in Arnhem and Amsterdam.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 4, 2021 16:30

RiffKichards
She is a Canadian journalist specialized in rock.
That's all what I have learned from internet now.

I don't know if she can be considered a reliable source (if a reliable source ever exists).

Have communicated several times with her.
She mainly travels for larger in person concert revues.

She gets her RS "scoops" mainly from this site and a couple others (uncredited).
Have corrected her a couple times, to which she was grateful and then corrected her posts.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 4, 2021 17:12

timbernardis
Who the hell is this person, anyway? Are they somehow "connected"?

plexi

I’m curious too. I googled last night and was dismayed to discover she’s not a State Dept. employee. smiling smiley

The venues are set, the stadiums have half the tickets left to sell, but there has been no announcement. One would have expected it would have been announced a few weeks ago.

With the current travel restrictions, anyone traveling from the UK to work in the US who is not a citizen or resident of the US needs to fall under the national interest exception. The Stones would need O or P1 visas and at the moment, only athletes can apply for the national interest exception. My guess is the delay in announcing the tour is related to visas. Entertainers do not currently appear to be eligible for the exception.

Def Leppard/Motley Crue/Joan Jett rescheduled for this summer and recently had to postpone to next year. It’s presumed that Def Leppard could not get visas. Rod Stewart is touring, but he probably has US residency. Genesis appears to be hoping that either the travel restrictions are lifted or an exception is granted for entertainers before their tour starts in mid-September.

AEG refunded a lot of Stones tickets, there’s at least one or two replacement venues with no tickets sold. Every week the announcement is delayed, the more tickets that have to be papered out. The only reasonable explanation for the delay is there’s an itsy bitsy issue with visas.

It doesn’t look like the Stones are willing to announce without all the t’s crossed and the i’s dotted. I have no idea how far they can push it into the summer before making a decision, but it looks like we’re waiting on the State Dept. and DHS. Fasten your seatbelts it appears we’re on a rollercoaster, stay away from non-refundable travel reservations and don’t buy the $99 Stones beach towel until I figure out a way to justify the price - it better not be sold out when I do. smiling smiley

For your perusal concerning performer/athlete visas, the first is the athlete national interest exception, the second more general information on the exception:

[www.nafsa.org]

[ghkattorneys.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-04 17:16 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 4, 2021 17:38

Good stuff, GG24.

FYI, Rod Stewart has postponed his tour until 2022.

[www.rodstewart.com]

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 4, 2021 17:40

bv

Health experts are saying the mRNA vaccines are 30% effective vs the India variant three weeks after the first shot, and 88% effective one week after the second shot. Stadiums are booked, but the virus is still out there, live and changing,. across the world. Vaccine shots need to be taken, across the world, and new ugly variants need to be handled in a safe way.

Thanks, BV. Sage advice...

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 4, 2021 18:30

bye bye johnny
Good stuff, GG24.

FYI, Rod Stewart has postponed his tour until 2022.

[www.rodstewart.com]

They’re announcing rescheduled tours, postponing them and rescheduling them faster than I can keep up! This is not fair. I’m going to issue a formal complaint. smiling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 4, 2021 18:41

bv

Loosely translated as "pretty much everything in life", pending Covid-19 situation !! eye rolling smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2021 20:05

paulywaul
bv

Loosely translated as "pretty much everything in life", pending Covid-19 situation !! eye rolling smiley

That pretty much sums it up, and at the rate the voluntary vaccines have been going in the US- slower and slower, and less and less by the day - can only hope things will get worked out.
Then there's the vaccination rates around the world where many people who want it simply can't get it for one reason or another, all while "the virus is still out there, live and changing, across the world".

Unfortunate for fans of Rod Stewart that he had to postpone to 2022, but probably the only way to safely move forward considering the constantly changing covid-19 situation.
And he's not even scheduled to play in massive football stadiums like the Stones, so you can imagine how difficult it must be for the Stones (and their massive crew) to get it all worked out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-04 20:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 4, 2021 20:26

Hairball
paulywaul
bv

That pretty much sums it up, and at the rate the voluntary vaccines have been going in the US- slower and slower, and less and less by the day - can only hope things will get worked out.
Then there's the vaccination rates around the world where many people who want it simply can't get it for one reason or another, all while "the virus is still out there, live and changing, across the world".

Unfortunate for fans of Rod Stewart that he had to postpone to 2022, but probably the only way to safely move forward considering the constantly changing covid-19 situation.
And he's not even scheduled to play in massive football stadiums like the Stones, so you can imagine how difficult it must be for the Stones (and their massive crew) to get it all worked out.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, even though I'll no doubt be lambasted for doing exactly that, but really !? eye rolling smiley

Given that we're within spitting distance of midsummer's day here in Europe, and the media is currently awash with "variant scariant" stories and the scientific community is wading in left, right, and centre advising the UK government (and maybe other European governments too for all I know) that extreme caution is required at this time, rather than just wholesomely "open up" society - I for one think that no-one can plan a f***ing thing as yet. Not bands, and not us ! I sure as hell don't trust governments, their track record to date of making sensible decisions based purely on science and nothing else - is not good. The volume and frequency of U-turning on various positions and decisions is staggering, and it continues right through to the present day. The "tit for tat" games between some nations also continues unabated, the politicization of the pandemic by individual countries similarly continues unabated, and so on. The world is nowhere near out of the woods yet with respect to COVID-19.

It will get better "one day", but it ain't gonna be this year I don't think, and I wouldn't care to place any bets about next year either ! So f**k knows where we are ... !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 4, 2021 20:35

I can understand your frustration with it all paulywaul, and yes it's very frustrating.

On a related note, only 5.7% of the worlds population has been fully vaccinated as of two days ago......

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: June 4, 2021 21:32

Hoping this rescheduled tour happens for all of us this fall. Looking forward to getting my daughter to her first Stones show, Minneapolis, before school starts.

Almost bought Genesis tix for Chicago, and now am glad I waited. They have actually come down in price a bit. Still going to be $150+ to get in the United Center, so Stones tix should be more?

Fingers crossed for it all.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 4, 2021 23:48

Because professional athletes are just so darn important, thats why.

Another thing that makes me go "huh?"

jb

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: June 5, 2021 00:01

jbwelda
Because professional athletes are just so darn important, thats why.

Another thing that makes me go "huh?"

jb
Why is a 'huh?"

Professional (and collegiate) sports brings in a lot of jobs and money to local communities.

Some "one off' concert...not so much

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 5, 2021 00:43

pampered brats and not really one off concerts, i thought we were talking about tours.

jb

confused smileyRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 5, 2021 01:40

Hairball
I can understand your frustration with it all paulywaul, and yes it's very frustrating.

On a related note, only 5.7% of the worlds population has been fully vaccinated as of two days ago......

That is the statistic that seems to escape most people living in what is a vaccination bubble. No one is safe until everyone is safe, so I would tend to agree with paulywaul.

For the record, I was invited to participate in an antibody study and was sent a test kit. I did the antibody test two weeks after my second vaccine. Negative. I requested a second kit in case I'd done the test incorrectly. I did the second test 5-6 weeks after the second vaccine. The result - also negative!

Apparently, a negative antibody result is possible for various reasons in someone fully vaccinated. OK, maybe, but two negative results don't exactly inspire ultra-confidence!!

Re: confused smileyRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Date: June 5, 2021 01:53

Beast
Hairball

That is the statistic that seems to escape most people living in what is a vaccination bubble. No one is safe until everyone is safe, so I would tend to agree with paulywaul.

For the record, I was invited to participate in an antibody study and was sent a test kit. I did the antibody test two weeks after my second vaccine. Negative. I requested a second kit in case I'd done the test incorrectly. I did the second test 5-6 weeks after the second vaccine. The result - also negative!

Apparently, a negative antibody result is possible for various reasons in someone fully vaccinated. OK, maybe, but two negative results don't exactly inspire ultra-confidence!!

Yes, no one is safe until everyone is safe, and I posted something similar recently saying it's a small world after all, and we're all in this together.

From CNN: "As rich nations prepare for a return to some sort of post-pandemic normalcy, aided by high vaccination rates,
many poorer countries are struggling with explosive case numbers and rising Covid-19 deaths amid a dearth of shots".
> World

------------------------------------------------------

As for your antibody test, not sure if you have any underlying health conditions and/or are taking any type of specific medications, but was just reading this story that was just published on CNN:

"Caught in a 'pickle,' tens of millions of Americans might not have had an adequate response to the Covid-19 vaccine".> Vaccine

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 02:07 by Hairball.

Re: Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Date: June 5, 2021 01:57

Hairball
Beast
Hairball

Not sure if you have any underlying health conditions and/or are taking any type of specific medications, but was just reading this story that was just published on CNN:

Caught in a 'pickle,' tens of millions of Americans might not have had an adequate response to the Covid-19 vaccine

I have no health issues and am not on any medication!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 01:58 by Beast.

Re: confused smileyRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Date: June 5, 2021 02:12

Well...that is a bit worrisome, and makes you wonder....stay safe Beast!

Date: June 5, 2021 02:23

Thanks, Hairball! I'm trying to assume the best and so haven't been letting it stop me getting out and about in line with the guideslines/rules in place. i.e., masking up and social distancing where advised/required.

Date: June 5, 2021 02:28

Beast
Thanks, Hairball! I'm trying to assume the best and so haven't been letting it stop me getting out and about in line with the guideslines/rules in place. i.e., masking up and social distancing where advised/required.

You're welcome, and no you can't live in fear, but...wondering how that can happen...
Did you receive any feedback from the people in charge of antibody study? Or have you consulted with a physician?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-05 02:29 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home