Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...115116117118119120121122123124125...LastNext
Current Page: 120 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 3, 2021 15:02

The Merch tent will look a bit different this year, methinks.

(Edit - typo)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 17:15 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: June 3, 2021 15:17

I liked «Covid-19th Nervous Breakdown»! grinning smiley

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 19:05

Very very interesting news from a poster on BTX (Bruce Springsteen fan site), who has demonstrated reliably being connected to the touring industry.

in re: More avail in 2022.

The Rolling Stones are moving their postponed 2020 US Stadium tour planned to re-start in 2022 to the fall of 2021 due to the very limited amount of dates (currently but it does expect to ease up when holds are starting to be released) in 2022.

Was talking to someone involved with the booking, and they said they have have been on this for the past 4-6 weeks in trying to make it work for late summer/fall 2021 and also attempting to replicate as many cities/venues that they had originally booked for 2020.

Said the routing is very tough logistically speaking thus far, but not as tough as when they were trying to secure same in 2022 for The Rolling Stones, plus they are planning on touring elsewhere in 2022.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 22:25 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 3, 2021 19:13

Dougratajczak87
Very very interesting news from a poster on BTX (Bruce Springsteen fan site), who has demonstrated reliably being connected to the touring industry.

The Rolling Stones are moving their postponed 2019 US Stadium tour planned to re-start in 2022 to the fall of 2021 due to the very limited amount of dates (currently but it does expect to ease up when holds are starting to be released) in 2022.

Was talking to someone involved with the booking, and they said they have have been on this for the past 4-6 weeks in trying to make it work for late summer/fall 2021 and also attempting to replicate as many cities/venues that they had originally booked for 2019.

Said the routing is very tough logistically speaking thus far, but not as tough as when they were trying to secure same in 2022 for The Rolling Stones, plus they are planning on touring elsewhere in 2022.

Attempting to replicate... uh-oh. Might be disappointing for some. Glad they are finding a way to make it work tho.

Date: June 3, 2021 19:16

BeastyBurdeny
Dougratajczak87

The Rolling Stones are moving their postponed 2019 US Stadium tour planned to re-start in 2022 to the fall of 2021 due to the very limited amount of dates (currently but it does expect to ease up when holds are starting to be released) in 2022.

Was talking to someone involved with the booking, and they said they have have been on this for the past 4-6 weeks in trying to make it work for late summer/fall 2021 and also attempting to replicate as many cities/venues that they had originally booked for 2019.

Attempting to replicate... uh-oh. Might be disappointing for some. Glad they are finding a way to make it work tho.

Could be referring to Vancouver (Canadian border challenge), San Diego (stadium demolished), and Austin (CoA). Not sure if in reference to more than that or not.

That would imo be enough to warrant that comment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 19:16 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 19:31

They are planning to tour elsewhere in 2022? These guys are crazy, I love 'em!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 19:36

Probably the best most accurate news we have heard so far!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2021 19:52

Good to hear Dougratajczak87, and hopefully they can get over the hump of "the routing is very tough logistically speaking thus far...",
But that's probably just one of many humps they've been having to deal with considering all the varying Coronavirus related obstacles, rules, and regulations.
There's questions involving full capacity, limited capacity, vaccinated sections, non-vaccinated sections, proof of vaccinations, proof of negative tests, mask, no mask, free-for-all, etc., etc., etc.
And as mentioned there's Vancouver r (Canadian border challenge) problem, as well as the demolished San Diego stadium hole in the itinerary, and Austin...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 19:54 by Hairball.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 20:02

Petco Park would probably work once again for San Diego?

Date: June 3, 2021 20:05

Stonesfan2146

It wouldn’t surprise me if the same availability challenges in the US carried over to Europe for 2022 as well, as several tours have been postponed from Summer 2020 to Summer 2021 to Summer 2022.

It wouldn’t shock me if the Stones end up seeking out touring somewhere outside of the US and Europe for 2022 just based on back log of shows yet to be played (for other bands).

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 3, 2021 21:15

Stonesfan2146

Thst "elsewhere" has to mean the 60th anniversary shows.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2021 21:23

Yeah 60th anniversary UK & Europe shows

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 3, 2021 21:37

Sofi Stadium- new stadium in los angeles california just announced 1st concert for July 17, 2021

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 21:44

I'd be VERY surprised if The Stones don't add a show at Sofi especially if Vancouver doesn't happen.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 21:45

24FPS
MisterDDDD
Not sure one can "not live in fear" and yet not want attend a smaller event with 10 unvaxxed people. Seems the very definition of living in fear to me.

Of the "breakthrough cases" no one's dying or getting hospitalized.
Better odds of getting food poisoning at the concession stand and getting more seriously ill.

The "Sky Is Falling" crowd is going to run around like Chicken Little until this thing is completely over. Beyond that as well is my hunch.
Not making fun of their irrational fear(s), but unclinch already, we got this.

Get vaxxed, wear a mask, and go to whatever show and relax. Or don't.
Nobody (literally) cares.

The 'Sky Never Fell' crowd is going to run around like nothing happened. I'm so tired of them thinking they're rebels because they won't wear a mask, or get vaccinated. People do care. And they're irrational beliefs that everything is fine doesn't help anything. I'll start venturing out soon, taking a dip in crowds again. But there's always those jerkoffs at every concert. They're going to stand in front of you when a ballad is playing, and you just know they didn't get vaccinated.

??

Sit down at a Stones show? Um...let me think about it....no.

....maybe to roll a doober. And I would definitely wait till the ballad for that AND I would roll you one of your own to share w/ yer mates...

Rule #1: Always make friends w/ the concert-goers in your section...weed generally helps that along.....I don't give a crap if they're vaccinated or not....I'm vaxxed, so I'm fine.

(But, I'm not sharing my doober w/ you...I never did that w/ strangers...sorry...BUT, that's why you get one of your own!)

What a deal! Free weed! All you have to do is not be a Dbag about me wanting to stand the entire concert!!

well....you can still be a Dbag, but it would make you extra Dbaggy for taking my free weed and then grumping b/c I stood during "Angie".....

How does that work? we cool?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 3, 2021 22:02

NilsHolgersson

Yeah the start of the 60 and counting tour.
Hopefully by the 70th anniversary shows Covid will be a distant memory and the stones will finally release a new album.

Nate

Date: June 3, 2021 22:04

TumblinDice76
I'd be VERY surprised if The Stones don't add a show at Sofi especially if Vancouver doesn't happen.

My personal expectation is show at Sofi in place of San Diego and show at the Death Star (Las Vegas stadium) in place of Vancouver.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 22:11

stickyfingers101
24FPS
MisterDDDD
Not sure one can "not live in fear" and yet not want attend a smaller event with 10 unvaxxed people. Seems the very definition of living in fear to me.

Of the "breakthrough cases" no one's dying or getting hospitalized.
Better odds of getting food poisoning at the concession stand and getting more seriously ill.

The "Sky Is Falling" crowd is going to run around like Chicken Little until this thing is completely over. Beyond that as well is my hunch.
Not making fun of their irrational fear(s), but unclinch already, we got this.

Get vaxxed, wear a mask, and go to whatever show and relax. Or don't.
Nobody (literally) cares.

The 'Sky Never Fell' crowd is going to run around like nothing happened. I'm so tired of them thinking they're rebels because they won't wear a mask, or get vaccinated. People do care. And they're irrational beliefs that everything is fine doesn't help anything. I'll start venturing out soon, taking a dip in crowds again. But there's always those jerkoffs at every concert. They're going to stand in front of you when a ballad is playing, and you just know they didn't get vaccinated.

??

Sit down at a Stones show? Um...let me think about it....no.

....maybe to roll a doober. And I would definitely wait till the ballad for that AND I would roll you one of your own to share w/ yer mates...

Rule #1: Always make friends w/ the concert-goers in your section...weed generally helps that along.....I don't give a crap if they're vaccinated or not....I'm vaxxed, so I'm fine.

(But, I'm not sharing my doober w/ you...I never did that w/ strangers...sorry...BUT, that's why you get one of your own!)

What a deal! Free weed! All you have to do is not be a Dbag about me wanting to stand the entire concert!!

well....you can still be a Dbag, but it would make you extra Dbaggy for taking my free weed and then grumping b/c I stood during "Angie".....

How does that work? we cool?

lol, right there with ya.. I have offered to change seats with people who want to sit behind me, they always decline and end up standing anyway smiling smiley

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: June 3, 2021 22:13

The Rolling Stones are moving their postponed 2019 US Stadium tour planned to re-start in 2022 to the fall of 2021 due to the very limited amount of dates

Do they mean the 2020 tour? They didnt play Atlanta in 2019 but I have tickets for Atlanta in 2020?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 3, 2021 22:19

They got the years mixed up, of course they mean the postponed 2020 tour.

Date: June 3, 2021 22:25

Topi
They got the years mixed up, of course they mean the postponed 2020 tour.

Updated in the original post.

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: June 3, 2021 22:47

Thanks! I wasnt trying to be a smartbutt, I was wanted to make sure.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 3, 2021 23:42

Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76

My personal expectation is show at Sofi in place of San Diego and show at the Death Star (Las Vegas stadium) in place of Vancouver.

If Vancouver happens at all, it will likely be at the end of the tour. like in Dec 2006 (which was a barn burner of a show). BC Place does have a roof, so no issues with weather. Would work logistically as well, since it's well off the beaten path from the rest of the tour, but I could see it being nixed for the same reason.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2021 01:01

Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76

That's what I'm anticipating and hoping for, but can't fully count out Vancouver just yet.
And if Vancouver can hang tough in the itinerary, would be nice to have either L.A. or Vegas fill the San Diego void - with L.A. being the #1 choice.

Date: June 4, 2021 01:05

Hairball
Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76

That's what I'm anticipating and hoping for, but can't fully count out Vancouver just yet.
And if Vancouver can hang tough in the itinerary, would be nice to have either L.A. or Vegas fill the San Diego void - with L.A. being the #1 choice.

If Vancouver is possible, it wouldn't surprise me to see both Vegas and LA added with one as an offset for San Diego and the other as a way to make up for some of the additional costs from the postponement.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 4, 2021 01:10

Dougratajczak87

Credit to Tom Johnson, long time BTX poster who is indeed dialed in.

[www.backstreets.com]

Date: June 4, 2021 01:16

bye bye johnny
Dougratajczak87

Credit to Tom Johnson, long time BTX poster who is indeed dialed in.

[www.backstreets.com]

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 4, 2021 04:34

Stonesfan2146
Petco Park would probably work once again for San Diego?

There, they may have to work around the Padres (baseball team) schedule as it looks like they may be going places/playoffs this year. Hopefully, the San Francisco Giants will overcome them. But other than that, yes, why not?

plexi

Date: June 4, 2021 04:35

Dougratajczak87
Stonesfan2146

It wouldn’t surprise me if the same availability challenges in the US carried over to Europe for 2022 as well, as several tours have been postponed from Summer 2020 to Summer 2021 to Summer 2022.

It wouldn’t shock me if the Stones end up seeking out touring somewhere outside of the US and Europe for 2022 just based on back log of shows yet to be played (for other bands).

Buenos Aires, I am there!!

plexi

Date: June 4, 2021 04:45

Nate
NilsHolgersson

Yeah the start of the 60 and counting tour.
Hopefully by the 70th anniversary shows Covid will be a distant memory and the stones will finally release a new album.

Nate

Nate, have you ever seen a Stones show in the States? If not, now's the time to start. You never know. Time waits for no one.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...115116117118119120121122123124125...LastNext
Current Page: 120 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home