Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 3, 2021 00:25

Nate
daspyknows
Nate
Nice to see big events coming back but if they will make ridiculous requirements such as mask wearing then I’m out until things go back to the way they were before.

Nate

Masks are not a ridiculous requirement UNLESS there is also a vaccine requirement. I will gladly wear a mask during a show if that's what it takes.

The science tells us it is very unlikely to contract Covid outdoors and it’s indoors when people are up close together that is most dangerous.
Up until last month Spain had a law in place which made it mandatory to wear a mask whilst in the sea and in most of Europe it is now mandatory to wear them everywhere outside of your own home even when walking in the street on your own.
I don’t want to be at a concert with everyone having their faces covered to me this is ridiculous and unnecessary when the virus is low in numbers and most people have been vaccinated.

Nate

But most people haven't been vaccinated, at least not everywhere. In my state the number is stuck at 36%.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 3, 2021 00:27

NilsHolgersson
Nate
in most of Europe it is now mandatory to wear them everywhere outside of your own home even when walking in the street on your own.
Nate

No.. just in shops and other inside places

Are you saying this is not law or is law but not being enforced?
Also what places are you referring to because many nations in Europe including Spain,Greece,Italy have indeed stated that masks are required at all times in public including outdoors.

Nate

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 3, 2021 00:39

Nate
daspyknows
Nate
Nice to see big events coming back but if they will make ridiculous requirements such as mask wearing then I’m out until things go back to the way they were before.

Nate

Masks are not a ridiculous requirement UNLESS there is also a vaccine requirement. I will gladly wear a mask during a show if that's what it takes.

The science tells us it is very unlikely to contract Covid outdoors and it’s indoors when people are up close together that is most dangerous.
Up until last month Spain had a law in place which made it mandatory to wear a mask whilst in the sea and in most of Europe it is now mandatory to wear them everywhere outside of your own home even when walking in the street on your own.
I don’t want to be at a concert with everyone having their faces covered to me this is ridiculous and unnecessary when the virus is low in numbers and most people have been vaccinated.

Nate

Then stay home. Those wearing masks and enjoying the show won't miss you. The science tells us it is unlikely the virus will spread outdoors BUT logic tells us that if the person sitting next to us is asympomatic/presympomatic with Covid and they are signing along with the music or yelling in excitement there is a chance of spread. Give it a few months and things will continue to improve as the vaccinated people increase across society.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 3, 2021 00:51

Logic should tell you that if you’ve been vaccinated and Covid cases are low in society then you’ve got nothing to fear from someone sitting next to you at a concert singing regardless of that persons own vaccination status or them choosing not to wear a mask.

Nate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2021 01:16

Well...as someone who has been vaccinated, logic and science tells me that the vaccinations are not a 100% guarantee, yet my spirit is trying to tell me I'm free to do what I want any old time.
In other words, still a bit tentative and cautious about it all (especially if I'm going to be surrounded by tens of thousands of people), but not letting any fear keep me from living life.
After all, life is full of risks, and going to see the Stones in a massive stadium these days with thousands of other people might just be one of them!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2021 01:32

Nate
NilsHolgersson
Nate
in most of Europe it is now mandatory to wear them everywhere outside of your own home even when walking in the street on your own.
Nate

No.. just in shops and other inside places

Are you saying this is not law or is law but not being enforced?
Also what places are you referring to because many nations in Europe including Spain,Greece,Italy have indeed stated that masks are required at all times in public including outdoors.

Nate

Okay well I live in northern Europe and there are no laws that say you should wear your mask outside at all times, not in Germany, France, UK, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark etc

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 3, 2021 01:42

I'd miss you, Nate.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 3, 2021 02:33

Vaccinated people don't need to worry about unvaccinated people...
And unvaccinated people don't need to worry about vaccinated people.

In fact, unvaccinated people are the danger to one another.

Just sayin' ...

Date: June 3, 2021 02:40

So back to the topic of the tour instead of the mask bickering.

I wonder if they will put up some billboards or maybe signage in front of the venues if they are ready to make an announcement.

We usually get some sort of hint.

Date: June 3, 2021 02:55

schillid
Vaccinated people don't need to worry about unvaccinated people...
And unvaccinated people don't need to worry about vaccinated people.

In fact, unvaccinated people are the danger to one another.

Just sayin' ...

The unvaccinated can become breeding grounds for new mutations and variants that will render the vaccines useless for those that have been vaccinated.
But again, can't live in fear...just gotta keep cautious and live life at it's fullest.

That said, the vaccines have been proven to be 95% effective, so there's still reason to be somewhat cautious.
In other words, I wouldn't want to be in a small room packed with 10 other people who haven't been vaccinated yet.
On the other hand, being outdoors in a massive stadium is no doubt alot safer, and chances of getting sick are very slim.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 3, 2021 03:17

georgemcdonnell314
So back to the topic of the tour instead of the mask bickering.

I wonder if they will put up some billboards or maybe signage in front of the venues if they are ready to make an announcement.

We usually get some sort of hint.

We usually do, but only if it's a new tour. This time there already IS a tour, which was postponed and waiting to be rescheduled. Most tickets have already been sold. They wouldn't put billboards up for a rescheduling. Maybe teasing on social media and the like (which of course is a lot cheaper than putting up billboards/signs)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 03:18 by Topi.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 03:55

Can't find the tour on TM, but the old links work in my browser. Going to buy Buffalo at face value and hope they reschedule which is highly likely.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2021 03:56

Not sure one can "not live in fear" and yet not want attend a smaller event with 10 unvaxxed people. Seems the very definition of living in fear to me.

Of the "breakthrough cases" no one's dying or getting hospitalized.
Better odds of getting food poisoning at the concession stand and getting more seriously ill.

The "Sky Is Falling" crowd is going to run around like Chicken Little until this thing is completely over. Beyond that as well is my hunch.
Not making fun of their irrational fear(s), but unclinch already, we got this.

Get vaxxed, wear a mask, and go to whatever show and relax. Or don't.
Nobody (literally) cares.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 03:58 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2021 04:11

Under the new reporting scheme, the CDC said that 1,811 vaccinated people with breakthrough COVID-19 cases were hospitalized and another 353 died between May 1 and May 17. As of May 17, more than 123 million Americans were fully vaccinated. On May 27, the number was nearly 132 million. As more people are vaccinated, more breakthrough cases —including hospitalizations and deaths— can be expected, health officials say.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 3, 2021 04:20

Jeter1984
Can't find the tour on TM, but the old links work in my browser. Going to buy Buffalo at face value and
hope they reschedule which is highly likely.

The shows are still listed on TM. Easier if you search by city name.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 04:21

NilsHolgersson
Under the new reporting scheme, the CDC said that 1,811 vaccinated people with breakthrough COVID-19 cases were hospitalized and another 353 died between May 1 and May 17. As of May 17, more than 123 million Americans were fully vaccinated. On May 27, the number was nearly 132 million. As more people are vaccinated, more breakthrough cases —including hospitalizations and deaths— can be expected, health officials say.

To add to that, if someone is vaccinated but is exposed in the first two weeks, then you're going to see cases even though the person is "vaccinated. Also worth noting, the point of the vaccine isn't to guarantee you won't get Covid...it's to prevent you from being in the hospital or worse.

Date: June 3, 2021 04:24

To clarify, I didn't say I wouldn't want to attend a "small event" with 10 other unvaccinated people amongst the crowd...
I clearly said a small room packed with 10 other unvaccinated people and that is literally what I meant - a small room such as a living room or den.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 04:42

Anyone remember when this was a Rolling Stones fan site where we complained about setlists and war horses and hoped the Stones would come to our country one last time?

Date: June 3, 2021 04:52

Jeter1984
NilsHolgersson

To add to that, if someone is vaccinated but is exposed in the first two weeks, then you're going to see cases even though the person is "vaccinated. Also worth noting, the point of the vaccine isn't to guarantee you won't get Covid...it's to prevent you from being in the hospital or worse.

Something to ponder, and there will always be that risk for as long as this virus exists.
Just heard on the news that Herd Immunity is becoming less and less of a reality any time soon considering all the unvaccinated people in the States and the rest of the world.
Even L.A. County which is doing relatively well keeps pushing the goal further and further away, and now Biden is promoting the free beer incentives...maybe he should add the free donuts also.

"That's right, get a shot and have a beer. Free beer for everyone 21 years or over to celebrate the independence from the virus," - Joe Biden

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 04:56 by Hairball.

Date: June 3, 2021 05:36

I have had this same thought many time.

TumblinDice76
Anyone remember when this was a Rolling Stones fan site where we complained about setlists and war horses and hoped the Stones would come to our country one last time?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 3, 2021 06:47

Nate
Logic should tell you that if you’ve been vaccinated and Covid cases are low in society then you’ve got nothing to fear from someone sitting next to you at a concert singing regardless of that persons own vaccination status or them choosing not to wear a mask.

Nate

What the is this. If I wanted to talk about masks, I’d talk to my Brazilian friends. Let’s set up a separate thread for people who want to debate about mask requirements. Just like the ticket prices thread.

When the tour really happens, I want to be able to come here for info and news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 06:50 by drbryant.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 3, 2021 07:38

Hairball
Jeter1984
NilsHolgersson

Something to ponder, and there will always be that risk for as long as this virus exists.
Just heard on the news that Herd Immunity is becoming less and less of a reality any time soon considering all the unvaccinated people in the States and the rest of the world.
Even L.A. County which is doing relatively well keeps pushing the goal further and further away, and now Biden is promoting the free beer incentives...maybe he should add the free donuts also.

"That's right, get a shot and have a beer. Free beer for everyone 21 years or over to celebrate the independence from the virus," - Joe Biden

They are offering free guns in West Virginia. The anti vaxxers are pissed saying its a waste of money and they still won't get it.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 3, 2021 07:44

Free guns. Damn. How American is that?

Is this a great country or what.

jb

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 3, 2021 09:01

MisterDDDD
Not sure one can "not live in fear" and yet not want attend a smaller event with 10 unvaxxed people. Seems the very definition of living in fear to me.

Of the "breakthrough cases" no one's dying or getting hospitalized.
Better odds of getting food poisoning at the concession stand and getting more seriously ill.

The "Sky Is Falling" crowd is going to run around like Chicken Little until this thing is completely over. Beyond that as well is my hunch.
Not making fun of their irrational fear(s), but unclinch already, we got this.

Get vaxxed, wear a mask, and go to whatever show and relax. Or don't.
Nobody (literally) cares.

The 'Sky Never Fell' crowd is going to run around like nothing happened. I'm so tired of them thinking they're rebels because they won't wear a mask, or get vaccinated. People do care. And they're irrational beliefs that everything is fine doesn't help anything. I'll start venturing out soon, taking a dip in crowds again. But there's always those jerkoffs at every concert. They're going to stand in front of you when a ballad is playing, and you just know they didn't get vaccinated.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 3, 2021 09:09

Will it be possible for european people to travel in to the US? I’m fully vaccinated within four weeks and want to do 4-7 shows.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 09:18

JumpinJeppeFlash
Will it be possible for european people to travel in to the US? I’m fully vaccinated within four weeks and want to do 4-7 shows.

No one really knows. I hope so as I have tickets to a show in September in California and I’m in the UK. I’m not hugely optimistic at this point.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 10:39

Matt1984
JumpinJeppeFlash

No one really knows. I hope so as I have tickets to a show in September in California and I’m in the UK. I’m not hugely optimistic at this point.

Same Here! It could be that a tour will Happen but Europeans are Not allowed to enter the Staates via ESTA

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 3, 2021 10:56

think most people in europe and the usa will be vaccinated this summer. the stones will tour after that. i think europeans can savely travel into the usa during the tour smiling smiley))

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2021 13:30

24FPS
The 'Sky Never Fell' crowd is going to run around like nothing happened. I'm so tired of them thinking they're rebels because they won't wear a mask, or get vaccinated. People do care. And they're irrational beliefs that everything is fine doesn't help anything. I'll start venturing out soon, taking a dip in crowds again. But there's always those jerkoffs at every concert. They're going to stand in front of you when a ballad is playing, and you just know they didn't get vaccinated.

Haven't met any "sky never fell" folks personally.
Believe they're called Qananon's or something similar.
That ain't me Hoss.

Have worn a mask since before anyone else I know. Got my first jab in January and have never not worn a mask or socially distanced in public since.

Point being, I no longer "live in fear" of it, under any circumstances.
I wear it to appease others who clearly have no idea of my vax status.

The Pfizer I took is 95% + effective.
I'm still going to put a stones tongue mask on when in what was higher risk situations, not for my personal safety (not living in fear of basically the flu).

The sky already fell, a vaccine was produced, and those now avoiding events, dinner parties, etc. are living in fear, when they literally have a better chance of getting killed in an accident or food poisoning going to an event than dying of the virus, or giving enough of it to kill others.

The Sky Is Falling crowd likes to instill fear about it all, and post edited article after article that generate fear.

Get fully vaxxed, wear a mask, and do anything you want.
The Sky Is Rising.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 3, 2021 13:50

MisterDDDD
24FPS

Haven't met any "sky never fell" folks personally.
Believe they're called Qananon's or something similar.
That ain't me Hoss.

Have worn a mask since before anyone else I know. Got my first jab in January and have never not worn a mask or socially distanced in public since.

Point being, I no longer "live in fear" of it, under any circumstances.
I wear it to appease others who clearly have no idea of my vax status.

The Pfizer I took is 95% + effective.
I'm still going to put a stones tongue mask on when in what was higher risk situations, not for my personal safety (not living in fear of basically the flu).

The sky already fell, a vaccine was produced, and those now avoiding events, dinner parties, etc. are living in fear, when they literally have a better chance of getting killed in an accident or food poisoning going to an event than dying of the virus, or giving enough of it to kill others.

The Sky Is Falling crowd likes to instill fear about it all, and post edited article after article that generate fear.

Get fully vaxxed, wear a mask, and do anything you want.
The Sky Is Rising.

I've had to use a mask sporadically for years due to being on various chemo cocktails. Don't love it but it is what it is. Small price to pay to be able to participate in life outside the apartment.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home