Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 1, 2021 23:29

Topi
SomeTorontoGirl
Topi
Vancouver has a retractable roof as well.

I’m wondering whether Vancouver can be included info there’s a fall tour. The Canada / US border has been ‘closed’ for more than a year, with lots of exceptions and holes, but still… it’s relatively easy for a Canadian to go to the US but, entering or returning to Canada still requires a 14 day quarantine, no exceptions for folks who are fully vaxed. It may be hard for the band and crew to get across. Also complicates things for Canucks wanting to go to US gigs. Hopefully things will change soon but, if the rules aren’t changed before tix go on sale, we’d be taking a big, non-refundable chance.

But most tix have already been sold and they are refundable. They will remain refundable for those who can't make the new date. Travel, of course, is another matter altogether.

Living in a "border town", with family in Canada, been keeping a fairly close eye on the potential opening.
June 22nd is being thrown around (Trudeau etc) as the date we'll see some major changes in the border rules. Hope so.

Assuming that will mean proof of vaccinations will allow for non-essential travel to both countries.
Not giving up on this being the opener still, and living so close with county and federal vax proofs, I will be near the front of the line when it finally opens.
Can't wait.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 2, 2021 00:37

Topi
But most tix have already been sold and they are refundable. They will remain refundable for those who can't make the new date. Travel, of course, is another matter altogether.

Yeah, I got my tickets refunded, will be buying new. sad smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 2, 2021 00:47

smashmark
The 97 tour was all over the northeast in October, Buffalo was 10/8 and giants stadium was 10/16,17 so no issue with outdoor shows in October

And I recall the poor weather compared with past fall tours was an inspiration for the NO SECURITY tour.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 2, 2021 02:20

MisterDDDD
Topi
SomeTorontoGirl
Topi

I’m wondering whether Vancouver can be included info there’s a fall tour. The Canada / US border has been ‘closed’ for more than a year, with lots of exceptions and holes, but still… it’s relatively easy for a Canadian to go to the US but, entering or returning to Canada still requires a 14 day quarantine, no exceptions for folks who are fully vaxed. It may be hard for the band and crew to get across. Also complicates things for Canucks wanting to go to US gigs. Hopefully things will change soon but, if the rules aren’t changed before tix go on sale, we’d be taking a big, non-refundable chance.

Living in a "border town", with family in Canada, been keeping a fairly close eye on the potential opening.
June 22nd is being thrown around (Trudeau etc) as the date we'll see some major changes in the border rules. Hope so.

Assuming that will mean proof of vaccinations will allow for non-essential travel to both countries.
Not giving up on this being the opener still, and living so close with county and federal vax proofs, I will be near the front of the line when it finally opens.
Can't wait.

I don't think the border will be opening on June 22 but as the numbers continue to drop and number of people getting vaccinated keeps rising, I can see it opening in either July or August. I got refunds for Vancouver but now I'm considering buying them again before any official announcements are made.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 2, 2021 02:29

July 1 is Canada day. Maybe that will make a difference. But if the UK opens up before that, maybe Canada opens as well?? We have a fishing trip in Ontario July 8. We obviously missed last year for the first time in 15 years. It would be heartbreaking to miss 2 years in a row. We have an alternate week in September, BUT now we are looking at a Stones tour....

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 2, 2021 03:00

Wow, the last few days every artist seems to be planning tours in late 2021. Good! I read here the Stones would never tour again! I'll see them reschedule too!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 2, 2021 03:27

Topi
Wouldn't Pittsburgh in October be kind of chilly though? OK, maybe not early October.

I asked my sister in law this very question yesterday. She grew up there and she said "Cool, in the low 60s usually ."

plexi

Date: June 2, 2021 03:38

snoopy2
timbernardis
snoopy2
Well that went through the roof rather fast. One rumor about Pittsburgh dates and hotel prices doubled

Not my experience. I just booked a room for two nights and it was a total of $240 less including taxes than the same room I booked last year when the show would have been in June. Spose the difference may be due to summertime vs fall.

plexi

I'm happy for you. Where are you staying? My room went from $135 night for booking I had if they had played last year to $357 a night! Same hotel. I did find a room downtown for $200 so grabbed that but is yours a better deal? Thx

The William Penn, a grand old hotel downtown. Now an OMNI hotel. It was $229/night not including taxes and fees for a deluxe King room. For Saturday and Sunday night both. Last year it was $292 one night and $378 the other, prolly due to one being on the weekend. Again not including taxes. I booked directly through the Wm Penn Hotel/OMNI Hotels. Got a 15% AAA discount and the same is available for a senior rate 55+.

plexi

Date: June 2, 2021 03:50

jimpietryga1
July 1 is Canada day. Maybe that will make a difference. But if the UK opens up before that, maybe Canada opens as well?? We have a fishing trip in Ontario July 8. We obviously missed last year for the first time in 15 years. It would be heartbreaking to miss 2 years in a row. We have an alternate week in September, BUT now we are looking at a Stones tour....

damn right Jim, ALL plans and schedules are CLEARED OUT when the time comes for a Stones tour!

plexi

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2021 04:00

DGA35
MisterDDDD
Topi
SomeTorontoGirl
Topi

Can't wait.

I don't think the border will be opening on June 22 but as the numbers continue to drop and number of people getting vaccinated keeps rising, I can see it opening in either July or August. I got refunds for Vancouver but now I'm considering buying them again before any official announcements are made.

I only had tickets for two shows, Stones and Herb Alpert before the pandemic hit and hung onto both. Stones, because they were lucky dips and the odds of scoring them again would be virtually nil, and Alpert, because they are FRONT ROW CENTRE!

I haven't scored tickets this good to anything before, not even Christmas Dinner!

Date: June 2, 2021 04:08

treaclefingers

I only had tickets for two shows, Stones and Herb Alpert before the pandemic hit and hung onto both. Stones, because they were lucky dips and the odds of scoring them again would be virtually nil, and Alpert, because they are FRONT ROW CENTRE!

I haven't scored tickets this good to anything before, not even Christmas Dinner!

Herb Alpert is still around? He was big in about '68 as I recall. How old is he now?

plexi

Date: June 2, 2021 04:30

timbernardis
treaclefingers

Herb Alpert is still around? He was big in about '68 as I recall. How old is he now?

plexi

86...I know, unbelievable.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: June 2, 2021 06:11

timbernardis
Topi
Wouldn't Pittsburgh in October be kind of chilly though? OK, maybe not early October.

I asked my sister in law this very question yesterday. She grew up there and she said "Cool, in the low 60s usually ."

plexi

Yes, during the day can be nice, at night can be cool to cold.

[weatherspark.com]

Date: June 2, 2021 10:01

treaclefingers
timbernardis
treaclefingers

plexi

How was his playing and how was the show?

plexi

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2021 10:19

As more Americans get vaccinated and celebrate relaxed Covid-19 restrictions, a sellout crowd of 135,000 people gathered Sunday at the 105th annual Indianapolis 500 for the largest sports gathering since the pandemic started, according to the event’s broadcaster, NBC.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the world’s largest sporting facility, worked with the public health department in Marion County, Indiana to determine that the event would be held at 40% capacity, leaving roughly 100,000 empty grandstand seats.

Masks were required for the event and spectators were asked to social distance, but officials decided to forego temperature screenings at entry.

135,000 Fans Gather At Indy 500, Marking World’s Largest Sports Event During Pandemic (Photos) (Forbes)

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 2, 2021 14:47

Nice to see big events coming back but if they will make ridiculous requirements such as mask wearing then I’m out until things go back to the way they were before.

Nate

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 2, 2021 17:59

Nate
Nice to see big events coming back but if they will make ridiculous requirements such as mask wearing then I’m out until things go back to the way they were before.

Nate

Masks are not a ridiculous requirement UNLESS there is also a vaccine requirement. I will gladly wear a mask during a show if that's what it takes.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 2, 2021 18:16

I can't believe we will see the Stones live again this year!! And rumors are already starting again!
Am I the only one who missed the yearly phase of rumors and then all the excitement around the announcement and ticket sales? It's happening once again and we all thought it could have very well been over.

I'm from Germany and I can't wait to book my flights and use my Lucky Dips I bought such a long time ago. This will be an amazing tour, and since it's happening in the fall, it's possible they could use Sympathy as an opener again as that was the original opener that started the tour with the 22 song set in Hamburg and was only changed in 2018 when the shows started when there was still too much daylight. Sympathy just needs the lights.
And maybe, because of the 2 year absence from the road, we could also see a real club show, which would be the first one since 2013.

Also usually when the Stones postpone a tour, like in 2014 or 2019, they add additional shows to cover all the extra costs that came up. So maybe we will get more than the 15 shows initially planned. In 2019 the US got 17 instead of 15 and in 2014 Australia/NZ also got two extra shows added.

And as you could see in 2019 when the Stones announced a New Orleans show as a replacement for the Jazz Fest they couldn't attend, they will also most likely add at least one new show as a replacement for the cancelled San Diego show in a different venue.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 2, 2021 18:36

Dream on ...

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 2, 2021 18:44

Indy 500, if ever there was a gathering of throwback deniers, it would be there. Photo too small to confirm but I bet 5% of those people were wearing masks.

jb

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 2, 2021 18:55

The Indy500 is fun as f--k

if you ever get the chance, hit the Double-Double....the KY Derby & Indy500.

great times.

back on topic: it seems to me that the decision to tour (or not) is now in the hands of the Stones.

Stadiums are open for business and, if we are going by peoples' behavior, the Pandemic is "over" for all intents & purposes...

NY issued Vax Passports, so if the Stones decide to hit Yankee Stadium, all those who only feel safe w/ that extra-layer of oversight can breathe easy in the Big Apple.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 2, 2021 18:55

So, Mick is Dorothy, Keith is the Tin Man, Charlie the Lion, but what is Ronnie, an extra from Gulliver’s Travels?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 2, 2021 19:00

He would be the scarecrow, Ray Bolger in the original unless my memory fails me as it always does.

I guess when you are out in a cornfield all your life, the Indy 500 looks pretty exciting.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 2, 2021 19:06

Indy 500 and Kentucky Derby rank below following the Nickleback tour and sneaking across the US border from Mexico in August as things I need to do before I die. The idea of doing either in the current Covid environment is zero. Going to a packed concert for a band I want to see is a calculated risk but willing to do it. Time will tell if we see an uptick in cases in a month.

Date: June 2, 2021 19:39

timbernardis
treaclefingers
timbernardis
treaclefingers

plexi

How was his playing and how was the show?

plexi

I'll let you know after I see him April 10th, 2022!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 2, 2021 19:57

"I spoke to Charlie (Watts) recently and he told me: 'Keith has been calling me and the Stones are going to do the next tour'," said Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood, 73.

[www.texarkanagazette.com]

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 2, 2021 20:19

It's a done deal....I suppose unless the mutants take over and make the vaccine ineffective. Mick himself said it looks like the US will be back to normal (whatever normal is) by fall. We will have full baseball stadiums nationwide by July 4th. So why the negative thoughts?? Trucks will be rolling soon!!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 2, 2021 20:25

daspyknows
Indy 500 and Kentucky Derby rank below following the Nickleback tour and sneaking across the US border from Mexico in August as things I need to do before I die. The idea of doing either in the current Covid environment is zero. Going to a packed concert for a band I want to see is a calculated risk but willing to do it. Time will tell if we see an uptick in cases in a month.

Hey, I get it man...I mean, you've never been to either event, they both are in Red States....and it seems from your posts that it is hard for you to imagine a gathering happening in the South as being anything other than a Maskless NRA-Klan Meeting....

so....despite that, and even though your post uses the struggles of desperate immigrants as a punch-line....I get it.

regardless, thanks for the updates on your "Not On My Bucket List"...I'll make a note.

FYI: Your calculated risk after having COVID + the Vaccine is essentially zero. Ask a doctor. Follow the science.

in other words, giddy-up!

Have fun!

ps..Time has already told. TX & FL opened up weeks ago. I understand you are probably upset that they didn't have a Red State Ted Nugent Apocalypse as a result...but, well...

either way, have fun if you go to the Stones. Drive carefully.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 2, 2021 21:04

daspyknows
Nate

Nate

Masks are not a ridiculous requirement UNLESS there is also a vaccine requirement. I will gladly wear a mask during a show if that's what it takes.

The science tells us it is very unlikely to contract Covid outdoors and it’s indoors when people are up close together that is most dangerous.
Up until last month Spain had a law in place which made it mandatory to wear a mask whilst in the sea and in most of Europe it is now mandatory to wear them everywhere outside of your own home even when walking in the street on your own.
I don’t want to be at a concert with everyone having their faces covered to me this is ridiculous and unnecessary when the virus is low in numbers and most people have been vaccinated.

Nate

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 2, 2021 21:30

Nate
in most of Europe it is now mandatory to wear them everywhere outside of your own home even when walking in the street on your own.
Nate

No.. just in shops and other inside places

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home