Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 22, 2021 06:18

Hairball
Topi
The last time they played an actual arena (not a roofed stadium) was in Las Vegas 2016. We know what the price breakdown looked like there. I believe it was north of 800$ face for lower bowl/front of stage.

*Vegas '16 should have had a rebate for those who paid the overpriced face value due to Mick still being sick.

***Pretty sure the entire floor was also over $800 face value, but I held out and paid a small fraction of that via stubhub the day of show.

I paid fortune for that seat and it wasn't even that great, I thought Mick did really well but I do remember Keith did an extra song to give him a break.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 22, 2021 06:24

Yes, they had to cancel one of the Vegas shows due to Mick's throat/voice issue.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2021 06:29

Can't imagine them playing arenas of that size ever again, at least not in the US.
Maybe a couple special shows at the 02 in London for the 60th anniversary next year.

Date: May 22, 2021 06:46

02 maybe, depending on when those 60th anniversary shows would be - and as we know, Royal Albert Hall has been rumored as well. (Imagine the price of THOSE tickets...but I guess that's a bridge to cross when we get there)

Date: May 22, 2021 06:55

I was referring specifically to arenas in the 15,000 capacity range, but yes, the Royal Albert Hall has been mentioned many times.
Not sure if it's ever been an "official" rumour though, but instead just a bunch of rambling speculation and wishful thinking.

Date: May 22, 2021 07:13

Not sure what's official and what's not, but with the RAH you just have to do a simple math of 1+1. Joyce Smyth is on the committee for the RAH's 150th Anniversary festivities. That was first brought up here as early as 2018, it seems.

[iorr.org]

(And many times after that, most recently [iorr.org])

But yes, the RAH is much smaller in capacity than your modern multi-purpose arena, seating less than 5300 people for a concert. THAT math with the ticket prices won't be simple!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-22 07:16 by Topi.

Date: May 22, 2021 07:27

Not sure about all that Topi, but I've mentioned the possibility of Royal Albert Hall at least two dozen times as it would be a great way to celebrate the 60th.
And can't think of a better way to say farewell then to have some shows in London - whether Royal Albert Hall, the 02, one of the massive stadiums, or a combination of all.
I'd say the chances of that happening in 2022 are much better than rescheduling the postponed shows this fall 2021.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 22, 2021 07:41

Topi
02 maybe, depending on when those 60th anniversary shows would be - and as we know, Royal Albert Hall has been rumored as well. (Imagine the price of THOSE tickets...but I guess that's a bridge to cross when we get there)

I am there. Hopefully they would use the RAH for ticketing, I have good luck with it. I would prefer a few shows there at whatever cost than US stadiums.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 22, 2021 08:35

I spoke with Tim Reis last night after his performance with the Stones Project at a club in New York, and he said he has not heard yet anything from the Stones organisation about whether the 2020 dates will be rescheduled for later this year or 2022. He said he is ready to go as soon as he gets the call and hopes it is this year but at this point his guess is as good as any of ours.

Date: May 22, 2021 12:32

Even if he had heard anything, I bet he'd be sworn to secrecy though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 22, 2021 12:46

bet he'd be sworn to secrecy though.

Exactly

ROCKMAN

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 22, 2021 13:38

Rockman
bet he'd be sworn to secrecy though.

Exactly

The band usually gets asked to keep a certain period "free", but with no commitment. But not always. Often we hear tour rumours before band members. Strange but true. And if Tim did know, he'd say nothing for sure. Very discreet.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 22, 2021 19:48

Topi

I trust that what Tim Reis told me yesterday was sincere. I don't think he has any idea about what will happen yet.

Date: May 22, 2021 19:57

TornAndFried
Topi

I trust that what Tim Reis told me yesterday was sincere. I don't think he has any idea about what will happen yet.

As mpj200 said just a few days ago its still "a bit murky right now" regarding insurance for tour and band members,
followed by "The band also has to be healthy enough to be cleared for insurance. Hoping that won’t be a problem".
And there's dozens of other issues that need to be dealt before anything can be set in stone, so no reason to doubt anything Tim Reis said.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: May 22, 2021 20:18

Hairball
TornAndFried
Topi

As mpj200 said just a few days ago its still "a bit murky right now" regarding insurance for tour and band members,
followed by "The band also has to be healthy enough to be cleared for insurance. Hoping that won’t be a problem".
And there's dozens of other issues that need to be dealt before anything can be set in stone, so no reason to doubt anything Tim Reis said.

Aside from insurance issues, the US is not fully open to UK visitors just yet, nor is the UK open to the US. The band and their UK people are not exempt from the current travel restrictions and quarantine requirements. As Boris Johnson plans to fully reopen the UK on June 21st, hopefully both countries will relax travel restrictions and let us get together again.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 22, 2021 20:28

GAFF
Aside from insurance issues, the US is not fully open to UK visitors just yet, nor is the UK open to the US. The band and their UK people are not exempt from the current travel restrictions and quarantine requirements. As Boris Johnson plans to fully reopen the UK on June 21st, hopefully both countries will relax travel restrictions and let us get together again.

Believe they would be able to enter from UK, based on coming here for work.
"Essential travel" for work, as it were. Could be wrong, but before researching or waiting for someone to post who knows definitively, that would be my bet.
Also believe that works in reverse, but again.. not certain.

Date: May 22, 2021 20:32

MisterDDDD
GAFF

"Essential travel" for work, as it were. Could be wrong, but before researching or waiting for someone to post who knows definitively, that would be my bet.

Doesn't change quarantine requirements. As of now, the UK still requires even fully vaccinated Americans to quarantine for ten days and take two COVID test during their stay. Totally illogical, IMO.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 22, 2021 20:32

Anyone from the U.K. can visit the USA if they spend two weeks in select locations first.Many people have been doing this during the pandemic and Mexico has been a popular location for this.Business travel has been permitted between the two countries if it’s considered high value to the economy so any large music act on tour would easily be given permission to enter.
With Covid cases dropping and vaccination numbers climbing it’s only a matter of time before travel is opened up between the two countries with July being touted as the time this will happen.

Nate

Date: May 22, 2021 20:33

Nate
Anyone from the U.K. can visit the USA if they spend two weeks in select locations first.Many people have been doing this during the pandemic and Mexico has been a popular location for this.Business travel has been permitted between the two countries if it’s considered high value to the economy so any large music act on tour would easily be given permission to enter.
With Covid cases dropping and vaccination numbers climbing it’s only a matter of time before travel is opened up between the two countries with July being touted as the time this will happen.

Nate

Well I hope to hell it happens early July as I've got a July 6th flight to London booked lol.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 22, 2021 20:38

There is a huge list of exemptions from quarantine to enter the U.K. even from countries such as India where Covid is wreaking havoc right now.

Nate

Date: May 22, 2021 20:45

GAFF
Hairball
TornAndFried
Topi

I'd guess that by late July or August or September (or whenever these dates could potentially be rescheduled), travel restrictions will have been eased up by then.
But there's other issues that need to be addressed with the insurance for the tour and band members being just a couple of them. There's the differing rules and regulations in different states,
the logistics, the itinerary, the possible capacity restrictions, the possibility of vaccinated/non-vaccinated sections, the tix that have already been bought, will there be GA and Pit sections, etc., etc., etc.
The delay in any announcement is telling as it seems every other tour has either rescheduled or ultimately cancelled, but I'm sure they're doing all they can to make it happen with 2022 being the most realistic.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-22 20:48 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 22, 2021 21:36

GAFF
MisterDDDD
GAFF

Doesn't change quarantine requirements. As of now, the UK still requires even fully vaccinated Americans to quarantine for ten days and take two COVID test during their stay. Totally illogical, IMO.

The UK is still tougher to travel to and perform for artists, but I believe with the O & P visas for artists and their crews coming to the US, they then just have to abide by the local jurisdictions covid rules.
Don't believe any states right now are requiring quarantines still for those fully vaccinated, with the possible exception of Hawaii.

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: May 23, 2021 08:58

I predict that the Rolling Stones will play the stadiums that they have already sold many tickets for. From August 1st to Halloween! October will be in the warmer part of the USA like down here in San Diego!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 23, 2021 09:47

steffialicia
Hairball
Topi
The last time they played an actual arena (not a roofed stadium) was in Las Vegas 2016. We know what the price breakdown looked like there. I believe it was north of 800$ face for lower bowl/front of stage.

*Vegas '16 should have had a rebate for those who paid the overpriced face value due to Mick still being sick.

***Pretty sure the entire floor was also over $800 face value, but I held out and paid a small fraction of that via stubhub the day of show.

I paid fortune for that seat and it wasn't even that great, I thought Mick did really well but I do remember Keith did an extra song to give him a break.

A friend of mine who passed away in February told me he paid $700 for a floor ticket, and while I don't know exactly where, he gave me the impression that it was fairly close.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 23, 2021 10:02

Hairball
GAFF
Hairball
TornAndFried
Topi

I'd guess that by late July or August or September (or whenever these dates could potentially be rescheduled), travel restrictions will have been eased up by then.
But there's other issues that need to be addressed with the insurance for the tour and band members being just a couple of them. There's the differing rules and regulations in different states,
the logistics, the itinerary, the possible capacity restrictions, the possibility of vaccinated/non-vaccinated sections, the tix that have already been bought, will there be GA and Pit sections, etc., etc., etc.
The delay in any announcement is telling as it seems every other tour has either rescheduled or ultimately cancelled, but I'm sure they're doing all they can to make it happen with 2022 being the most realistic.

And I'm sure the Stones have their team researching and investigating all of these things so they will be completely aware of what they can do, where they can do it and when.

plexi

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: May 23, 2021 12:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-23 12:37 by Matt1984.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: May 23, 2021 12:36

69firebird
I predict that the Rolling Stones will play the stadiums that they have already sold many tickets for. From August 1st to Halloween! October will be in the warmer part of the USA like down here in San Diego!

This is what I’m expecting too.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 23, 2021 15:53

Matt1984
69firebird

This is what I’m expecting too.

2021 or 2022?

I’m going with 2021. Fingers crossed.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 27, 2021 19:20

Post just now from Stones official twitter (picture of stage) seems to suggest we're about to roll again !

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 27, 2021 19:30

Send It To me
Post just now from Stones official twitter (picture of stage) seems to suggest we're about to roll again !

OMG.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home