Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 20, 2021 16:27

Arenas in Nov/Dec in the U.S. you are also competing with Basketball and Hockey which share arenas in a lot of cities. Also, you are competing with all the other bands/events that have already rescheduled their shows. Typically the Stones play multiple nights in Arenas, with NBA, NHL, and other events going on after the mass scramble to reschedule things, I think the Stones waited to long for this to happen. Had they rescheduled this time last year, it may be possible.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: May 20, 2021 16:31

Still think we’ll see the Stones tour the postponed dates in September.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 20, 2021 16:33

TumblinDice76
Arenas in Nov/Dec in the U.S. you are also competing with Basketball and Hockey which share arenas in a lot of cities. Also, you are competing with all the other bands/events that have already rescheduled their shows. Typically the Stones play multiple nights in Arenas, with NBA, NHL, and other events going on after the mass scramble to reschedule things, I think the Stones waited to long for this to happen. Had they rescheduled this time last year, it may be possible.

And if covid is (it is) a big part of the scheduling delay, why would they play indoors where it is a bigger risk than outdoors?

Date: May 20, 2021 16:34

Matt1984
Still think we’ll see the Stones tour the postponed dates in September.

Yes. I hope so. Winter seems like a bad idea. That's when covid spikes. Couple that with being inside an arena... thumbs down

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 20, 2021 16:54

NashvilleBlues
And if covid is (it is) a big part of the scheduling delay, why would they play indoors where it is a bigger risk than outdoors?

I think someone mentioned earlier that St. Louis could get moved from the Dome to the baseball Stadium due to COVID restrictions, that seems to be the biggest piece of the puzzle that show this tour will remain a Stadium Tour. Moving inside just doesn't make sense at all.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: May 20, 2021 16:57

I agree - I don’t think we’ll see the Stones performing indoors anytime soon.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 20, 2021 17:26

TumblinDice76
NashvilleBlues

I think someone mentioned earlier that St. Louis could get moved from the Dome to the baseball Stadium due to COVID restrictions, that seems to be the biggest piece of the puzzle that show this tour will remain a Stadium Tour. Moving inside just doesn't make sense at all.

I would think that the indoor stadiums would be much less of an issue than an arena based on the massive size.

If stadium that is a dome is a problem, there are several potentially problematic venues on the tour including St. Louis, Detroit, Minneapolis (I think they have a retractable roof), Vancouver, and Atlanta.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 20, 2021 17:28

Charlie will be 80 by September. Unreal.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 20, 2021 20:30

I had a lot of optimism that the tour will happen this year, but the more I read these comments the more I think it's gonna happen late spring 2022

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 21, 2021 00:44

Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76
NashvilleBlues

I would think that the indoor stadiums would be much less of an issue than an arena based on the massive size.

If stadium that is a dome is a problem, there are several potentially problematic venues on the tour including St. Louis, Detroit, Minneapolis (I think they have a retractable roof), Vancouver, and Atlanta.

BC Place in Vancouver has a retractable roof although who knows if they'd want it open if it's raining!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2021 08:49

Send It To me

Bob Dylan will be 80 in a few days (24th).

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 21, 2021 10:33

We'll all be 80 by the time the tour is rescheduled!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2021 11:10

.... just keep lovin' & laughin' ......

ROCKMAN

Date: May 21, 2021 13:14

also, who can travel and where can they travel too?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 21, 2021 13:44

mizzoumonkeyman29
also, who can travel and where can they travel too?

Many borders are starting to reopen and people are travelling again although some borders do remain tight and will do so beyond this year.

Nate

Date: May 21, 2021 15:45

Aquamarine
Send It To me

Bob Dylan will be 80 in a few days (24th).

Willie Nelson is 88.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 21, 2021 16:04

NashvilleBlues
They can do my August-September stadium tour. It's not that damn cold in August-September here in the south. Do the colder cities in the first half of August. It can be done. If NFL scheduling is an issue, navigating the NBA season would be harder. NFL teams play once a week. NBA teams (in arenas, are playing in winter) play 3-4 games a week.

You can pretty much play the southern half of the country into early October before it becomes "winter coat" weather.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: May 21, 2021 17:51

Send It To me

Charlie will be 80 on June 2nd.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 21, 2021 20:53

Pretty sure BV has hinted/said "2022" several times. He said nothing definitive, but I think he's dropped that out there a couple of times.

he tends to be correct a lot about these sorts of things.

So, I'm staking May 12, 2022 as the "over-under" for a start date to resume.

what say you, gambling degenerates????

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 21, 2021 21:00

stickyfingers101
Pretty sure BV has hinted/said "2022" several times. He said nothing definitive, but I think he's dropped that out there a couple of times.

I'd be happy with that. I'd rather they complete the tour in its original form than start dropping shows or having other complications that could grind things to a halt.

Date: May 21, 2021 21:02

BeastyBurdeny
stickyfingers101

I'd be happy with that. I'd rather they complete the tour in its original form than start dropping shows or having other complications that could grind things to a halt.

agree...it simply seems the most logical to wait. Too many moving parts still moving right now (IMO).

Date: May 21, 2021 21:18

stickyfingers101

Lately, he's seemed to come around to the possibility that they could play this year.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 21, 2021 21:23

stickyfingers101
BeastyBurdeny
stickyfingers101

agree...it simply seems the most logical to wait. Too many moving parts still moving right now (IMO).

Seems an impossibility it will happen this year, and even May 2022 seems to be pushing it.
July/August 2022 sounds more realistic, but that depends on a wide variety of things.
And to think Charlie will be 81 by then...

Date: May 21, 2021 21:32

Hairball
stickyfingers101
BeastyBurdeny
stickyfingers101

Seems an impossibility it will happen this year, and even May 2022 seems to be pushing it.
July/August 2022 sounds more realistic, but that depends on a wide variety of things.

Hairball takes the over!!

I'll let the boys know!

[www.maxim.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 21, 2021 23:04

bv
One month ago I was sure they could not tour until 2022. With the latest results of the vaccination programs, UK opening up, and USA soon open too, I think there is a bigger chance of shows later this year.

Still completely agree with this.
(best guess)- 8/23 - 10/07 rehearsals starting 8-16- LA

Date: May 21, 2021 23:50

stickyfingers101
Hairball
stickyfingers101
BeastyBurdeny
stickyfingers101

Hairball takes the over!!

I'll let the boys know!

[www.maxim.com]

lol...

While I'm confident with my bet, I'll have to consult with Billy Sherbert first to make sure there's no shenannigans going on.

winking smiley

Date: May 21, 2021 23:54

MisterDDDD
bv
One month ago I was sure they could not tour until 2022. With the latest results of the vaccination programs, UK opening up, and USA soon open too, I think there is a bigger chance of shows later this year.

Still completely agree with this.
(best guess)- 8/23 - 10/07 rehearsals starting 8-16- LA

DDDD takes the under!!

I hope you're right!!

...but, don't make me call Jimmy if you're wrong!!

[media.gq.com]

grinning smiley

(Hairball and DDDD cancel each other out and I get the vig either way.....NOW I get it!! Haha...gambling is the worst/best)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 22, 2021 05:06

NashvilleBlues
Nate
Heard a rumour that the band is looking at playing 10 dates later this year in arenas in November-December taking in cities including Los Angeles,Chicago,Miami,New York and Toronto.

Nate

You mean basketball arenas? The Stones generally don't play for less than 50,000 people, right? Basketball arenas only hold around 20,000. Could they make enough money off of 20,000 tickets per show? And, if they're planning on that, why not just stick with the stadium tour with distancing measures? The number of people would be the same, they could do it in the fall instead of the winter, and be on track for a 2022 60th anniversary tour.

They've played arenas at times. The North American NO SECURITY tour was an arena tour. They made somewhere around $65 million from the North American tour. Including Europe, the tour grossed just over $88 million.

Arena shows for LICKS. Yes they generally play stadiums. Could they make enough money... that's kind of funny.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 22, 2021 05:58

GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
Nate
Heard a rumour that the band is looking at playing 10 dates later this year in arenas in November-December taking in cities including Los Angeles,Chicago,Miami,New York and Toronto.

Nate

You mean basketball arenas? The Stones generally don't play for less than 50,000 people, right? Basketball arenas only hold around 20,000. Could they make enough money off of 20,000 tickets per show? And, if they're planning on that, why not just stick with the stadium tour with distancing measures? The number of people would be the same, they could do it in the fall instead of the winter, and be on track for a 2022 60th anniversary tour.

They've played arenas at times. The North American NO SECURITY tour was an arena tour. They made somewhere around $65 million from the North American tour. Including Europe, the tour grossed just over $88 million.

Arena shows for LICKS. Yes they generally play stadiums. Could they make enough money... that's kind of funny.

Why is it funny? They have a guaranteed fee per show. The question then is, how do you price the arena show tickets to meet that fee.

The last time they played an actual arena (not a roofed stadium) was in Las Vegas 2016. We know what the price breakdown looked like there. I believe it was north of 800$ face for lower bowl/front of stage.

Would imagine the Stones' fee is only going up, if anything, and it's not like they give an "arena discount"?

The real question is not whether the Stones make enough money, it's whether the promoter makes enough money.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-22 06:05 by Topi.

Date: May 22, 2021 06:07

Topi
The last time they played an actual arena (not a roofed stadium) was in Las Vegas 2016. We know what the price breakdown looked like there. I believe it was north of 800$ face for lower bowl/front of stage.

*Vegas '16 should have had a rebate for those who paid the overpriced face value due to Mick still being sick.

***Pretty sure the entire floor was also over $800 face value, but I held out and paid a small fraction of that via stubhub the day of show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-22 06:12 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home