Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 16:51

The Stones are booked in American Football stadiums where most teams hold their day to day operations. Meetings, weights, film studies. The tour would need to be over before the regular season started.

The promoters had a hard time in 2019 getting the last few shows rescheduled because the teams were playing their warm up games.

The band also has to be healthy enough to be cleared for insurance. Hoping that won’t be a problem.

NashvilleBlues
mpj200
It’s useless to compare the Stones tour to the Dead tour. Completely different venues and circumstances.

Nah. No tour is going to be like a Stones tour (magnitude, members' ages, etc.), but with the band members' ages, they're in the same ballpark.

Tell me, what active band is comparable?

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: May 18, 2021 17:15

I think you're right that insurance is the biggest issue, both for the band and for tour cancellation.

But stadium availability: every big tour since Steel Wheels has started late summer in the US, playing football stadiums. Logistically not great, but precedent says that shouldn't be a dealbreaker, especially when shows are spread out as much as they are.

I'm kind of curious about the potential of voiding contracts in Texas and Florida?

mpj200
The Stones are booked in American Football stadiums where most teams hold their day to day operations. Meetings, weights, film studies. The tour would need to be over before the regular season started.

The promoters had a hard time in 2019 getting the last few shows rescheduled because the teams were playing their warm up games.

The band also has to be healthy enough to be cleared for insurance. Hoping that won’t be a problem.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 18, 2021 17:17

mpj200

NashvilleBlues
mpj200
It’s useless to compare the Stones tour to the Dead tour. Completely different venues and circumstances.

Nah. No tour is going to be like a Stones tour (magnitude, members' ages, etc.), but with the band members' ages, they're in the same ballpark.

Tell me, what active band is comparable?

Didn't you see I already worked out the NFL schedule issues? Kidding. I don't know all the scheduling nuances with NFL practice, etc. I do know the Titans have a practice bubble at another site. It's doable, if complicated.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 18, 2021 17:57

artedm
Red Rocks back to full capacity June 21
[kdvr.com]

Stones could do full crowds in Florida, Texas and Colorado for sure right now. Probably Vegas stadium.

Georgia, too

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: May 18, 2021 18:02

Insurance companies would have to create an exemption for the vaccine passport requirements in Florida and Texas states due to state bans of such.

TooTight
I think you're right that insurance is the biggest issue, both for the band and for tour cancellation.

But stadium availability: every big tour since Steel Wheels has started late summer in the US, playing football stadiums. Logistically not great, but precedent says that shouldn't be a dealbreaker, especially when shows are spread out as much as they are.

I'm kind of curious about the potential of voiding contracts in Texas and Florida?

mpj200

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 18, 2021 18:03

TooTight

Exactly this.
The stadium issues can be resolved, as will the insurance imo, but that is the bigger issue than juggling stadiums.

As for Florida and Texas, with all the cancellations/postponement issues brought on by the pandemic, I'm also sure they have clauses in place to move/cancel those shows now if needed.
Don't think it will be needed though.. by late August/early Sept most all of the original venues (still standing) will be a go. San Diego will be easily rescheduled to the new stadium and Vancouver is looking more promising recently as well. Trudeau released a statement recently re things possibly opening up (incl borders) as early as late summer.

The new Vegas Stadium I think may be added, perhaps to offset Vancouver or any other shows that have to be cancelled.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2021 20:35

mpj200

Being we're already mid-May, and considering all the various pandemic mandates, seems it would take a miracle to try and reschedule all the postponed shows to dates before the NFL season starts.
But the #1 priority and hope is that all the band members are healthy, and whether or not they're able to reschedule any postponed shows at all seems secondary at this point.

Date: May 18, 2021 20:53

Brilliant observation. Health comes first. Ron’s still recovering from his treatment.

Hairball
mpj200

Being we're already mid-May, and considering all the various pandemic mandates, seems it would take a miracle to try and reschedule all the postponed shows to dates before the NFL season starts.
But the #1 priority and hope is that all the band members are healthy, and whether or not they're able to reschedule any postponed shows at all seems secondary at this point.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 18, 2021 21:39

My Morning Jacket & Drive-by Truckers just announced tours starting in the summer. Wilco is starting to reschedule dates & Black Crowes have announced make up dates for same time frame.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 22:01

The Pit:

I have 2 pit tickets for Detroit. They are mine. I'm not selling! Does everyone think whether or not there will even be a pit? I can't really see people social distancing in the pit. Maybe, we will need to show our vaccination cards. Opinions?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 22:05

I love DBT but they play small theatres (Evanston in Sept!) and are much younger than the Stones. As is MMJ.

Dead & Company IMO is the best example of a similar situation as the Stones.

With the Stones you have 2 cancer survivors, Mick had heart issues, and Keith is...well Keith. Their situation is a bit different and I'm sure that is why there is a delay.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 18, 2021 23:06

Sockers56
The Pit:

I have 2 pit tickets for Detroit. They are mine. I'm not selling! Does everyone think whether or not there will even be a pit? I can't really see people social distancing in the pit. Maybe, we will need to show our vaccination cards. Opinions?

I hope pit sections remain at concerts.I have had the vaccine but I don’t agree with different sections for people who have been vaccinated or not,what’s next vaccinated and non vaccinated nights at your local bar.Some of these proposed restrictions are ridiculous.
If they introduce a mask rule at concerts then for me it’s over until common sense prevails.

Nate

Date: May 18, 2021 23:17

Sometimes at football games here in the U.K. when the game finishes they keep one set of fans from leaving the stadium until the other set of fans has left and vacated the area.This is done as a precaution as there previously may have been violent clashes between the two different sets of fans.

Will we now see vaccinated fans at large events being let out first so they can quickly run away from the unvaccinated hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Nate

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: May 19, 2021 15:51

It’s time to get back on the road!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 19, 2021 16:26

Nate
Sometimes at football games here in the U.K. when the game finishes they keep one set of fans from leaving the stadium until the other set of fans has left and vacated the area.This is done as a precaution as there previously may have been violent clashes between the two different sets of fans.

Will we now see vaccinated fans at large events being let out first so they can quickly run away from the unvaccinated hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Nate

Unvaccinated Millwall fans, uh oh!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 19, 2021 17:04

I'm sure the 2020 US/CA tour was cancelled, not postponed?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 19, 2021 17:06

No postponed. I still have tickets.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 19, 2021 18:17

Yes, postponed, not cancelled.

In fact, Ticketmaster has been selling tickets to the shows this whole time.

Granted, a lot of patrons got refunds of their tickets. But this only meant that Ticketmaster put those same exact tickets back on sale. (This is why we saw some "Lucky Dip drops" last year, along with face value pit tickets etc.)

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 19, 2021 18:33

Yep, I still have my Lucky Dips for Tampa & have also been keeping an eye on tix for St. Louis & Nashville.

"Sticky Fingers" crossed that it works out for everyone!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2021 06:39

Positive thoughts for Ronnie! thumbs up

mpj200
Brilliant observation. Health comes first. Ron’s still recovering from his treatment.

Hairball
mpj200

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2021 06:45

mpj200

Teams don't use their stadiums during the week, just on game day. They have practice facilities. The only issue is what stadiums are available in line with when the Stones are planning to play city ABCD.

Date: May 20, 2021 13:59

The delay in announcing new dates is a clear indication they are attempting to make it work for this year. It’s coming to the point where they will need to make an announcement soon either way, likely within the next few weeks.

Date: May 20, 2021 14:59

Heard a rumour that the band is looking at playing 10 dates later this year in arenas in November-December taking in cities including Los Angeles,Chicago,Miami,New York and Toronto.

Nate

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: May 20, 2021 15:08

Nate
Heard a rumour that the band is looking at playing 10 dates later this year in arenas in November-December taking in cities including Los Angeles,Chicago,Miami,New York and Toronto.

Nate

That would make sense, and have the postponed stadium tour next year .

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: May 20, 2021 15:42

They definitely won’t do new dates before the postponed stadium tour. The postponed dates will be their priority.

Date: May 20, 2021 15:51

Nate

Nate

You mean basketball arenas? The Stones generally don't play for less than 50,000 people, right? Basketball arenas only hold around 20,000. Could they make enough money off of 20,000 tickets per show? And, if they're planning on that, why not just stick with the stadium tour with distancing measures? The number of people would be the same, they could do it in the fall instead of the winter, and be on track for a 2022 60th anniversary tour.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 20, 2021 15:55

NashvilleBlues
Nate

Nate

You mean basketball arenas? The Stones generally don't play for less than 50,000 people, right? Basketball arenas only hold around 20,000. Could they make enough money off of 20,000 tickets per show? And, if they're planning on that, why not just stick with the stadium tour with distancing measures? The number of people would be the same, they could do it in the fall instead of the winter, and be on track for a 2022 60th anniversary tour.

Arenas would be a good way of negating any weather issues apart from hurricane direct hits. The band won't wish to play in cool/cold weather any more. Rain, sun or snow: arenas take away most of the climate risks. It will also be much cheaper to run, as you need less equipment, smaller stage, and a much smaller crew.So the economics might work for them.

Date: May 20, 2021 16:19

thecitadel
NashvilleBlues
Nate

Nate

Arenas would be a good way of negating any weather issues apart from hurricane direct hits. The band won't wish to play in cool/cold weather any more. Rain, sun or snow: arenas take away most of the climate risks. It will also be much cheaper to run, as you need less equipment, smaller stage, and a much smaller crew.So the economics might work for them.

They can do my August-September stadium tour. It's not that damn cold in August-September here in the south. Do the colder cities in the first half of August. It can be done. If NFL scheduling is an issue, navigating the NBA season would be harder. NFL teams play once a week. NBA teams (in arenas, are playing in winter) play 3-4 games a week.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 20, 2021 16:22

thecitadel
NashvilleBlues
Nate

Nate

Remember watching a video on the construction of the NF stage, where it was shown how the stage and screens could be adapted for smaller indoor venues.

Kind of hope this turns out to be true as my summer travel/concert schedule is quickly filling up, although I've left late summer/early fall mostly open.
If they switched to arenas in late fall, would assume the existing stadium tour would be cancelled and tix refunded.

Date: May 20, 2021 16:24

NashvilleBlues
After looking at the 2021 NFL schedule, here's my US Fall Stones proposed tour schedule:

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Would this work? If the tour starts 8/4, it could be over by 9/29.

Here is my genius (kidding) plan...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home