Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 17, 2021 18:09

If Dead and Co can tour in August, so can The Stones. Weir, Hart and Kruetzmann are 73, 77, and 75.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 17, 2021 18:22

NashvilleBlues-Very interesting and true point and shows Insurance companies would be interested in Unerwriting such a risk. Same age group for the most part and same audience size for the most part so bar far the best band to compare with.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 17, 2021 18:51

TumblinDice76
To quote Tom Petty...the waiting is the hardest part. Kind of wish they would just make a decision. If it gets moved to Summer 2022, fine, but at least make a decision. NFL Schedules came out last week so if they plan on Fall 2021, let's get to planning. Wonder if the order of shows will change like it did in 2019.

Yes, I would expect the order of the shows to change.

Date: May 17, 2021 18:56

TumblinDice76
NashvilleBlues-Very interesting and true point and shows Insurance companies would be interested in Unerwriting such a risk. Same age group for the most part and same audience size for the most part so bar far the best band to compare with.

Thanks. I think so. Looking for reasons The Stones can play this fall. Some seem to be looking for reasons they can't.

Date: May 17, 2021 19:26

[deadandcompany.com]
If you notice, after Sept all dates are in warm climate states. This has been my theory all along. A Fall tour would need to wrap by late Sept or match what the Dead did and start the tour in Aug in the states that will be colder come late Sept/early Oct. Regardless......lets get some tour news please!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2021 19:28

swimtothemoon
TumblinDice76
To quote Tom Petty...the waiting is the hardest part. Kind of wish they would just make a decision. If it gets moved to Summer 2022, fine, but at least make a decision. NFL Schedules came out last week so if they plan on Fall 2021, let's get to planning. Wonder if the order of shows will change like it did in 2019.

Yes, I would expect the order of the shows to change.

I would also expect the possibility that some of the venues will change - San Diego is already off the table obviously as the stadium was demolished.
There's Vegas and L.A. nearby, so could be either of those, but with the NFL in full swing might be difficult to reserve those stadiums this fall as with every other stadium on the original itinerary.
Maybe they could avoid all that NFL mess and change all the venues to giant outdoor baseball stadiums, but the MLB season doesn't officially end until October which already takes it in to Fall and cooler weather.
Not sure if they're ready and willing to play outdoors in the Fall where in some locations it can get quite cool and crispy. That being said, I'm with TumblinDice76 and hope they'll make a decision some time in the near future. And not only am I fine with the tour being Summer 2022, I would predict that's when it will be (at the earliest) which would give them plenty of time to get it all ironed out properly. Patience is the key.

---------------------------------------------------------
*edit: Noticed I misspelled quite as quiet and had to fix it, as one thing that's for certain is a Rolling Stones concert in a massive stadium is never quiet!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-17 20:18 by Hairball.

Date: May 17, 2021 19:37

I would be all for a 60th Anniversary Summer Tour 2022! Lets be honest, if they tour the U.S. in 2021, we will not get the 60th Anniversary Tour in 2022.

I would imagine with all the money spent on the L.A Stadium Stan would love to have the Stones play at least once at his new venue. If you don't get them this time....may not be a next time.

Date: May 17, 2021 20:00

Well, this could be the last time. This could be the last time, maybe the last time, I don't know.

Date: May 17, 2021 20:07

If BV would make this thread a sticky that would be a further encouraging sign.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 17, 2021 21:33

Alice Cooper just announced a fall tour with Ace Frehley.

"Venues will be operating with reduced capacities and guidelines accordingly to COVID-19 restrictions and policies.".

Would seem hard for the Stones to do that when seats already have been sold. sad smiley

Date: May 17, 2021 22:20

After looking at the 2021 NFL schedule, here's my US Fall Stones proposed tour schedule:

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Would this work? If the tour starts 8/4, it could be over by 9/29.

Date: May 17, 2021 22:29

kovach
Alice Cooper just announced a fall tour with Ace Frehley.

"Venues will be operating with reduced capacities and guidelines accordingly to COVID-19 restrictions and policies.".

Would seem hard for the Stones to do that when seats already have been sold. sad smiley

Yeah...it's going to be a major quagmire to try and undo, and the massive amount of of tix already sold is only a piece of the puzzle.
Limited capacity, vaccinated sections, non-vaccinated sections, along with all the other COVID-19 restrictions, policies, rules, and regulations.
Lots of issues to be resolved before any hopes of an announcement, with the NFL schedule being yet another hurdle they need to think about.
I imagine it's similar to a war room with the maps, the strategies, the barriers, the threats, the maneuvers, and the goals, etc. all being discussed and analyzed by dozens of people.

Date: May 17, 2021 22:40

After looking at the 2021 NFL schedule, here's my US Fall Stones proposed tour schedule:

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Bonus points for having St. Louis on a Friday.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 17, 2021 23:33

TumblinDice76

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Not a chance for a stadium show in Vancouver in August. Smaller international acts are being booked for the fall, but as it now stands, large concerts probably won't happen until late 2021 or early 2022.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 17, 2021 23:48

Austin still has a major concert to be announced for F1 weekend Friday, October 22nd... the Piano Man Billy Joel is set for the 23rd.

Would The Stones tie-in with F1 for that gig? Lotsa race packages already sold, and they all include GA access for both shows on the Super Stage.

Play all the indoor gigs after that weekend leading into mid-November for a late fall timeframe, with the outdoor shows leading up to that, and it could work.

Hope they lay some info on us soon, I'm starting to book some shows, they are coming fast and furious with the announcements this past week or two...

1. Rock
2. Roll

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 17, 2021 23:54

TKinOH
Austin still has a major concert to be announced for F1 weekend Friday, October 22nd... the Piano Man Billy Joel is set for the 23rd.

Would The Stones tie-in with F1 for that gig? Lotsa race packages already sold, and they all include GA access for both shows on the Super Stage.

Play all the indoor gigs after that weekend leading into mid-November for a late fall timeframe, with the outdoor shows leading up to that, and it could work.

Hope they lay some info on us soon, I'm starting to book some shows, they are coming fast and furious with the announcements this past week or two...

1. Rock
2. Roll

Couldn't agree more about the pace of shows being announced.

I would think the routing would want to include Austin for F1 as that is a significant capacity show (larger than Burl's Creek in 2019).

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: May 18, 2021 00:01

TumblinDice76
[deadandcompany.com]
If you notice, after Sept all dates are in warm climate states. This has been my theory all along. A Fall tour would need to wrap by late Sept or match what the Dead did and start the tour in Aug in the states that will be colder come late Sept/early Oct. Regardless......lets get some tour news please!

I haven't seen seating charts yet, but interesting note on Ticketmaster for their GA Pit. Might be some clue as to what to expect if the machine kicks into gear for a fall No Filter:

IMPORTANT: For all dates on Dead & Company's 2021 Tour, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination will be required by the event organizer to gain entry to the GA Pit. Please keep this in mind before purchasing GA Pit tickets. If a GA Pit ticket holder does not have documentation, they will be provided an alternate viewing location. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 18, 2021 00:09

TooTight
TumblinDice76
[deadandcompany.com]

I haven't seen seating charts yet, but interesting note on Ticketmaster for their GA Pit. Might be some clue as to what to expect if the machine kicks into gear for a fall No Filter:

IMPORTANT: For all dates on Dead & Company's 2021 Tour, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination will be required by the event organizer to gain entry to the GA Pit. Please keep this in mind before purchasing GA Pit tickets. If a GA Pit ticket holder does not have documentation, they will be provided an alternate viewing location. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Bob Weir spits when he sings.tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 18, 2021 00:30

TooTight
TumblinDice76
[deadandcompany.com]

IMPORTANT: For all dates on Dead & Company's 2021 Tour, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination will be required by the event organizer to gain entry to the GA Pit. Please keep this in mind before purchasing GA Pit tickets.
If a GA Pit ticket holder does not have documentation, they will be provided an alternate viewing location. There are no exceptions to this policy.

"an alternate viewing location"...that could become a problem, but there will probably be counterfeit vaccination cards sold in the parking lot along with all the incense and tie-dyed t-shirts.
Deadheads are smarter than they look. winking smiley

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 01:51

It’s useless to compare the Stones tour to the Dead tour. Completely different venues and circumstances.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 18, 2021 02:19

Red Rocks back to full capacity June 21
[kdvr.com]

Stones could do full crowds in Florida, Texas and Colorado for sure right now. Probably Vegas stadium.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 18, 2021 02:50

mosthigh
TumblinDice76

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Not a chance for a stadium show in Vancouver in August. Smaller international acts are being booked for the fall, but as it now stands, large concerts probably won't happen until late 2021 or early 2022.

Since it's been determined only .1% to 1% of infections occured outdoors, maybe the focus should be what to do with indoor shows, like moving St. Louis to our baseball stadium instead of the indoor football stadium.

Seperating people by who's been vaccinated and who hasn't indoors doesn't seem to make much sense since they've also determined it really doesn't matter if you're 6 ft or 60 feet apart indoors.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 03:17

The band has legally binding contracts with all the stadiums/venues except one (San Diego). It’s also possible that Texas and Florida contracts will be voided.

The tour (cancelation) AND the band members (health) have to be insured. That water is a bit murky right now.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 18, 2021 07:04

Green Day, Fall Out Boy, And Weezer- STADIUM Tour now starts July 24th!
also bottle rock festival +
tours from:
Dave Matthews band
Phish
Dead and Company
Zac Brown
Jason Aldean...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 18, 2021 11:13

mpj200
That water is a bit murky right now.
Yep. And no one really knows what effect the Covid mutation from India might have to all this. And new vaccines will be developed till the end of this year for the next round of vaccination. Experts say we have to fresh up the vaccination every year now.

Date: May 18, 2021 15:42

mpj200
It’s useless to compare the Stones tour to the Dead tour. Completely different venues and circumstances.

Nah. No tour is going to be like a Stones tour (magnitude, members' ages, etc.), but with the band members' ages, they're in the same ballpark.

Tell me, what active band is comparable?

Date: May 18, 2021 15:43

mosthigh
TumblinDice76

8/20- Vancouver
8/24- Detroit
8/28- Minneapolis
9/1- Cleveland
9/5- Buffalo
9/9- Pittsburg
9/13- Louisville
9/17- St. Louis
9/21- Dallas
9/25- Austin
9/29- Charlotte
10/3- Atlanta
10/7- Nashville
10/11- Tampa
10/15- San Diego

Move Vancouver to the end, then, during the second half of October.

Date: May 18, 2021 15:45

artedm
Red Rocks back to full capacity June 21
[kdvr.com]

Stones could do full crowds in Florida, Texas and Colorado for sure right now. Probably Vegas stadium.

Tennessee, too. No capacity restrictions, but masks may be "mandatory."

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 16:15

Everything here in the US should be wide open by July 1, barring any major mutation in the virus. NFL and college football teams play away games too! That gives you 2 weeks to get a tour in and out. Tickets are sold and Mick said they will finish the No Filter tour. An August start makes sense . Those that want to be vaccinated will be long done by then, those that do not want wont be done in 2022. Let the thinning of the herd begin....
Now that we have done away with masks in most situations, there is certainly an up-tick in vaccinations in my opinion because those non-vaxxed folks are getting nervous about getting the virus now. We can and will certainly blame those not getting vaccinated for the gift of new mutations. Too many good and logical reasons to just get vaccinated so ALL can move on

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2021 16:29

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
Being a pragmatist here, aren't every musical act (and every sort of entertainer) absolutely lining up to do the same thing? So from that perspective I'd imagine if things keep on the same trajectory most EVERYONE will be on tour this fall. It'll be hard to find a venue never mind a series of venues that will fall in a logical sequential line (4 days between dates) that will make up a tour.

For that reason I could see them waiting until 2022.

Fair opinion and reasoning.
The Stones having had this leg "on the books" for longer than most, as well as being The Rolling Stones, will give them a leg up imo on the "competition".

Mick's "may be sooner than you think" comment says it all in terms of whether they have been working on logistics. and whether they can pull it off.
Of course they have, and of course they can, is what that says to me.

Sure, but it's a bit early still. For Vancouver, as an example our local authorities have said there will be no big events this fall and winter. So while it's conceivable perhaps for this fall for most dates Vancouver won't happen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home