Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Date: May 16, 2021 15:01

bv
One month ago I was sure they could not tour until 2022. With the latest results of the vaccination programs, UK opening up, and USA soon open too, I think there is a bigger chance of shows later this year.

smileys with beer

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 16, 2021 15:30

I agree with you completely Bjornulf, and the FA Cup final at Wembley was a milestone for entertainment here in the U.K.

I still think ,after what I heard as Mick hinting in his BBC Radio 6 interview that The Rolling Stones may be performing before the end of the year.thumbs up

At their age they have to be very sure everything involved in playing live is going to be 100% safe for their own health and safety.

I'm sure all of the lads have had both covid jabs and are probably really looking forward to getting on stage again. Charlie may not relish it, but obviously he will be there. smiling smiley

I also think it will be London where they may do a few warm up gigs for the U.K. fans, hopefully at The Royal Albert Hall before any North America Tour.

They all have homes in London area and will not have to stay in a hotel, although obviously the other members of the band who are on stage with them will stay in hotels.

As long as everything goes smoothly here in the U.K. with England covid restrictions easing far more from Monday 17th May, live entertainment will be back with us again with certain restrictions to numbers,social distancing etc.

Things are starting to look better for most of us here in U.K. as long as we all stick to the rules. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-16 15:56 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 16, 2021 15:41

Father Ted
IMO the chances of a Stones tour in 2021 are zero. Where would they tour?

2022 maybe.

The US.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 16, 2021 15:50

Mick said last month they still are planning to do the postponed 2020 US/CA tour. BBC April 14 quote: "Hopefully things will somewhere near normal by the end of the summer, let's hope, anyway,"

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 16, 2021 16:24

bv
One month ago I was sure they could not tour until 2022. With the latest results of the vaccination programs, UK opening up, and USA soon open too, I think there is a bigger chance of shows later this year.

Indeed.
I've been steadfast in my optimism for late summer/early fall for quite some time, and am now even more so.

Looking forward to one more round in the US and then traveling in '22 back to the UK, to help celebrate their 60th!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 16, 2021 17:08

I just love the statement our national health official Preben Aavitsland made two days ago:

"The pandemic is over by August"

Countries with a similar vaccine speed will have the same timing, while the pandemic will still be around in other parts of the world until 2022 to 2023.

So USA and UK should be fine for Stones shows later this year, given people do show up for their vaccine shots.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: May 16, 2021 17:22

bv
I just love the statement our national health official Preben Aavitsland made two days ago:

Countries with a similar vaccine speed will have the same timing, while the pandemic will still be around in other parts of the world until 2022 to 2023.

So USA and UK should be fine for Stones shows later this year, given people do show up for their vaccine shots.

BRING. IT. ON. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: May 16, 2021 17:26

Norway and it's population does seem to be getting it right and I hope that ourselves in the U.K. are getting it right as well.

Only time will tell, and The Rolling Stones playing a live gig before the end of the year is definitely a possibility. smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 16, 2021 17:54

Great soon everyone can stop complaining about the Covid situation and start complaining about ticketbastard again grinning smiley

Nate

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 16, 2021 17:59

Mr Jimmy
bv

BRING. IT. ON. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Being a pragmatist here, aren't every musical act (and every sort of entertainer) absolutely lining up to do the same thing? So from that perspective I'd imagine if things keep on the same trajectory most EVERYONE will be on tour this fall. It'll be hard to find a venue never mind a series of venues that will fall in a logical sequential line (4 days between dates) that will make up a tour.

For that reason I could see them waiting until 2022.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 16, 2021 18:21

treaclefingers
Being a pragmatist here, aren't every musical act (and every sort of entertainer) absolutely lining up to do the same thing? So from that perspective I'd imagine if things keep on the same trajectory most EVERYONE will be on tour this fall. It'll be hard to find a venue never mind a series of venues that will fall in a logical sequential line (4 days between dates) that will make up a tour.

For that reason I could see them waiting until 2022.

Fair opinion and reasoning.
The Stones having had this leg "on the books" for longer than most, as well as being The Rolling Stones, will give them a leg up imo on the "competition".

Mick's "may be sooner than you think" comment says it all in terms of whether they have been working on logistics. and whether they can pull it off.
Of course they have, and of course they can, is what that says to me.

Date: May 16, 2021 20:10

Let's face it that the four Rolling Stones ages combined, are far,far ahead of all the comparable acts on planet earth.
Time is not on their side to perform to their very high level even one or maybe two live shows a week for maybe a month or two.

I really believe they will not want to do the Tours in a year or maybe two years time.

No offence at all to Chuck and his family, but Chuck Berry was a fantastic live act from the '50s onwards, but he probably should have taken retirement a bit earlier than he did.

I would hate to see The Stones leaving it too late and I can't see that ever happening anyway.
They would know when to call it a day. smileys with beer

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 16, 2021 20:48

I see your point about going on for too long... but I remember thinking back in 2017 that they already went past that and were absolutely embarrassing themselves. Then in 2018 they were back and it was just great once again. So I'm not really sure about it now. It could go either way but there's just one way to find out and that is go ahead

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2021 21:08

bv

Great news for Norway, but sadly the USA is nowhere near Norway when it comes to acceptance of the vaccine.
Free beer and donuts will help bribe some of the undecided, but there's far more that are stubborn with their heels firmly dug in against it- even if it kills them.
Can't imagine a Stones show in a massive stadium filled to capacity any time soon. One alternative is they have vaccinated and non vaccinated sections as the much smaller Hollywood Bowl will be doing.
Should be noted though that the Bowl has also implemented limited capacity to around 60% which will eventually increase, but it's going to take alot of time to get there.
Would the Stones be willing to limit the capacity to their stadium shows? Would they be willing to segregate the crowd in to vaccinated/non-vaccinated sections? And what about the counterfeit vaccination cards?
And will the mask controversy still be raging from one state to the next? What about other restrictions such as social distancing, etc. All that said, 2022 seems far more likely if it's going to happen at all.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 16, 2021 21:25

Hairball
bv

Great news for Norway, but sadly the USA is nowhere near Norway when it comes to acceptance of the vaccine.
Free beer and donuts will help bribe some of the undecided, but there's far more that are stubborn with their heels firmly dug in against it- even if it kills them.
Can't imagine a Stones show in a massive stadium filled to capacity any time soon. One alternative is they have vaccinated and non vaccinated sections as the much smaller Hollywood Bowl will be doing.
Should be noted though that the Bowl has also implemented limited capacity to around 60% which will eventually increase, but it's going to take alot of time to get there.
Would the Stones be willing to limit the capacity to their stadium shows? Would they be willing to segregate the crowd in to vaccinated/non-vaccinated sections? And what about the counterfeit vaccination cards?
And will the mask controversy still be raging from one state to the next? What about other restrictions such as social distancing, etc. All that said, 2022 seems far more likely if it's going to happen at all.

It's beyond disappointing that so many are vaccine resistant. I really wish it could be made mandatory.

Date: May 16, 2021 21:59

If any figure of authority ever attempted to inject me with something against my will then that needle would be going straight into their eye.

It is ludicrous that some people call for vaccinated and non vaccinated sections of public spaces and mandatory vaccinations and I would bet money that half the people calling for this nonsense drive their cars whilst flicking through their mobile phone in which case they are a much greater danger to the public than someone who chose not to take a vaccine.

Those who think this way should invest in a hazmat suit or stay home.

Nate

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 16, 2021 22:08

Nate
If any figure of authority ever attempted to inject me with something against my will then that needle would be going straight into their eye.

It is ludicrous that some people call for vaccinated and non vaccinated sections of public spaces and mandatory vaccinations and I would bet money that half the people calling for this nonsense drive their cars whilst flicking through their mobile phone in which case they are a much greater danger to the public than someone who chose not to take a vaccine.

Nate

A paid admission concert is not a public space. Neither is an airplane, restaurant or a stadium. Also nearly 600,000 Americans have not died in the last 15 months texting and driving, drinking and driving etc. No one is being forced to get vaccinated but private businesses have rights like people per Citizens United ruling by Supreme Court.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 16, 2021 22:09

The insurance companies will require proof of vaccine or a current negative test. Some venues have already announced those unvaccinated will be seated in a separate section.

Nate

Nate

Date: May 16, 2021 22:36

I have had the vaccine but would never insist on someone else taking it.
It is and should always remain someone’s personal choice to take a vaccine.
I would have no problem being in the pit at a concert surrounded by non vaccinated people.
To expect non vaccinated people to be kept away from you every time you step outside of your house is just ridiculous.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-16 22:40 by Nate.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 16, 2021 23:29

Nate

Nate

In the US, children MUST be vaccinated if they wish to attend public schools.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 16, 2021 23:36

treaclefingers
Paddy
MisterDDDD
Depending on what's going on virus-wise in BC later this summer/early fall, I am officiallywinking smiley inviting the boys back to Seattle to play the upcoming leg's Vancouver show if needed.
Hoping for my friends and family there that the borders will be open by then and the virus under control.

But if not.. Seattle did a verrrry nice job hosting on the last leg of NF.

Washington state plans to fully reopen by June 30. All counties go Phase 3 on Tuesday

All of Washington state will be in Phase 3 of reopening on Tuesday, with the state on track for a total reopening of its economy by June 30, Gov. Jay Inslee said at a news conference Thursday.

The plateau in the state’s fourth wave of new COVID-19 cases has turned into a decline, allowing all of the state to have restaurants, bars, fitness centers, movie theaters, bowling alleys and more open at 50% capacity as of Tuesday, he announced at a news conference.
[www.bellinghamherald.com]

I saw McCartney I’m 2012 @ BC place in November, no reason the stones couldn’t play there same time of year!
I still harbour hope Vancouver will get its gig!

Hey, I was there Paddy! Must have seen you there. Fab show.

It really was, Hey Jude with all the smoke from the Pyro during live and let die still hanging on the air and the stadium bathed in purple light was such a cool moment.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 16, 2021 23:40

MisterDDDD
crholmstrom

That was just about a perfect night. If that was my last Stones show, I'm good with it.

Agree (sorta winking smiley) If that was my last Stones-Seattle- show (which is very likely), I'm good with it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

This was my last show also, and for the last year I assumed it would be my las t last, but rays of hope for another have started to shine in recent weeks. Gimme Shelter was really good that night.

Date: May 17, 2021 00:20

Nate

Nate

Could be a new idea for the Stones merch stands...specially designed hazmat suits with the tongue on it!

Posted by: curt ()
Date: May 17, 2021 00:37

Nate
I would have no problem being in the pit at a concert surrounded by non vaccinated people.
To expect non vaccinated people to be kept away from you every time you step outside of your house is just ridiculous.

Nate

At such time as the vaccines receive full FDA authorization, it will be legally permissible to require that people be vaccinated...

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 17, 2021 01:32

Don’t worry mate, Stones concerts aren’t mandatory. Doesn’t matter what you don’t have a problem with. I don’t think your thoughts are in consideration for the tour.

Nate

Nate

Date: May 17, 2021 02:26

If there are to be vaccinated and non-vaccinated sections, how will that work for preexisting tickets already sold to fans?
Lets say there's an anti-vaxxer (or hesitant) who already has a Pit ticket that's in the Vaccination Only Zone - I'm assuming they will have to sacrifice their ticket, but there's bound to be thousands in a similar situation.
Or what about someone who is vaccinated who has a ticket that has now become the designated Non Vaccination Only Zone - will they be forced to stay with the non-vaccinated, or given an opportunity to upgrade?
Perhaps they will refund all tix, then give those with exisiting tix a priority pre-sale code - both the ant-vaxx and/or hesitant as well as those who are vaccinated to be fair, and basically start from scratch with a clean slate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-17 02:28 by Hairball.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 17, 2021 02:26

Where have all the rebels gone?
Hiding behind computer screens
Where's the spirit, where's the soul?
Why don't they come out of the woodwork now?
One for the money, two for the show
It's not very rock and roll
Where have all the rebels gone?
- Sir George Ivan Morrison

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 17, 2021 03:51

Hairball
If there are to be vaccinated and non-vaccinated sections, how will that work for preexisting tickets already sold to fans?
Lets say there's an anti-vaxxer (or hesitant) who already has a Pit ticket that's in the Vaccination Only Zone - I'm assuming they will have to sacrifice their ticket, but there's bound to be thousands in a similar situation.
Or what about someone who is vaccinated who has a ticket that has now become the designated Non Vaccination Only Zone - will they be forced to stay with the non-vaccinated, or given an opportunity to upgrade?
Perhaps they will refund all tix, then give those with exisiting tix a priority pre-sale code - both the ant-vaxx and/or hesitant as well as those who are vaccinated to be fair, and basically start from scratch with a clean slate.

I think I saw something about this for Hollywood Bowl, maybe it was a different venue, stating that if you have a GA ticket you will need to have it switched for a seated ticket. If you arrive and have not switched your ticket you will be given a new seat upon arrival at the venue.

Date: May 17, 2021 04:06

BeastyBurdeny
Hairball

I think I saw something about this for Hollywood Bowl, maybe it was a different venue, stating that if you have a GA ticket you will need to have it switched for a seated ticket. If you arrive and have not switched your ticket you will be given a new seat upon arrival at the venue.

I don't think that's the Hollywood Bowl, though it could be.
Lots of new rules and regulations on this page Hollywood Bowl Saftey Information, but I don't seem to see any info. regarding preexsiting tickets...maybe it's mentioned somewhere else on the site?

Whatever the case, the Hollywood Bowl has a capacity of 17,500 under normal circumstances, and now with a limited 67% capacity that brings it down to apprx. 11,000.
I imagine this switcheroo of seats will be incredibly difficult in a massive football stadium such as the Cotton Bowl in Dallas with a capacity of apprx. 70,000.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 17, 2021 04:55

To quote Tom Petty...the waiting is the hardest part. Kind of wish they would just make a decision. If it gets moved to Summer 2022, fine, but at least make a decision. NFL Schedules came out last week so if they plan on Fall 2021, let's get to planning. Wonder if the order of shows will change like it did in 2019.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home