Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 14, 2021 19:48

That's great. I'm glad they are finding a way to make it work and keep people safe. Sure hope this is the case for the Stones shows.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 14, 2021 20:26

I know this publication is somewhat "light weight" (pardon the pun) and not always substantiative, but if half of what they claim is accurate, it does bode well for the return of live music.

"Concerts Are Coming Back"

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 14, 2021 20:43

Phish tour starting 7/28
Dead and Company tour starting 8/16
and
Garth Brooks announces another stadium show....

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 14, 2021 23:38

daspyknows
This is not apartheid, it is allowing those vaccinated to avoid those who are not.

But why? They're vaccinated, they're "safe".. right..

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 14, 2021 23:50

NilsHolgersson
daspyknows
This is not apartheid, it is allowing those vaccinated to avoid those who are not.

Vaccines 95% effective. If a bunch of vaccinated people are together there is minimal risk. If surrounded by potentially infected unvaccinated people there is a higher risk. Not interested in taking that risk because of others who are inconsiderate.

Date: May 15, 2021 00:21

Wow.. what happened to rock & roll.. at Altamont people were fighting Hells Angels, now we're scared of the unvaccinated

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 15, 2021 00:50

NilsHolgersson
Wow.. what happened to rock & roll.. at Altamont people were fighting Hells Angels, now we're scared of the unvaccinated

Who's "we"?? winking smiley
Personally, I'd not only line up early for the pit right now with droves of unmasked fans, I'd share a joint with each and every one of them spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hoping that becomes a reality soon smoking smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 15, 2021 00:53

Motley Crue/Def Leppard just pushed their summer stadium tour to next year.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 15, 2021 00:59

NilsHolgersson

So true. Dying in the hospital while being intubated is so cool.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 15, 2021 01:02

NilsHolgersson
daspyknows

Not all of them, not by a long way. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 15, 2021 01:06

I'm not worried at all. I'm probably more likely to die on the way to the concert than from any virus I'll catch there.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2021 01:42

kovach
Motley Crue/Def Leppard just pushed their summer stadium tour to next year.

Postponed and rescheduled for the second time now...not surprising, and makes sense considering the many risks and uncertainties.

From Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Motley Crue

"Despite an easing of restrictions on social gatherings as the nation continues to beat down the pandemic,
the pace of going back to "normal" is uneven across the country, forcing concert tours to navigate different safety protocols in different locales".

Statement from the band:

"To all our loyal fans, we wanted to let you know that we learned today that the tour is getting moved to 2022.
This is the only way to ensure that we can play ALL of the dates for ALL of you who have purchased tickets.
We appreciate you hanging in there and can’t wait to get back on stage and bring 'The Stadium Tour' to all of our fans.
It is going to be one for the history books"!

For the fans of those bands, patience is the key, and the third time will be the charm!

Date: May 15, 2021 02:06

NilsHolgersson
I'm not worried at all. I'm probably more likely to die on the way to the concert than from any virus I'll catch there.

If you drive drunk, maybe.

Date: May 15, 2021 02:31

Depending on what's going on virus-wise in BC later this summer/early fall, I am officiallywinking smiley inviting the boys back to Seattle to play the upcoming leg's Vancouver show if needed.
Hoping for my friends and family there that the borders will be open by then and the virus under control.

But if not.. Seattle did a verrrry nice job hosting on the last leg of NF.

Washington state plans to fully reopen by June 30. All counties go Phase 3 on Tuesday

All of Washington state will be in Phase 3 of reopening on Tuesday, with the state on track for a total reopening of its economy by June 30, Gov. Jay Inslee said at a news conference Thursday.

The plateau in the state’s fourth wave of new COVID-19 cases has turned into a decline, allowing all of the state to have restaurants, bars, fitness centers, movie theaters, bowling alleys and more open at 50% capacity as of Tuesday, he announced at a news conference.
[www.bellinghamherald.com]

Date: May 15, 2021 03:06

daspyknows
NilsHolgersson

Or ride a motorcycle in California. It amazes every time I'm out there how they're legally allowed to drive between lanes on the highway in the state that seems to go overboard on safety (apparently its a fuel saving/pollution initiative so they're not just sitting there burning fuel).

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 15, 2021 04:55

MisterDDDD
Depending on what's going on virus-wise in BC later this summer/early fall, I am officiallywinking smiley inviting the boys back to Seattle to play the upcoming leg's Vancouver show if needed.
Hoping for my friends and family there that the borders will be open by then and the virus under control.

Washington state plans to fully reopen by June 30. All counties go Phase 3 on Tuesday

All of Washington state will be in Phase 3 of reopening on Tuesday, with the state on track for a total reopening of its economy by June 30, Gov. Jay Inslee said at a news conference Thursday.

The plateau in the state’s fourth wave of new COVID-19 cases has turned into a decline, allowing all of the state to have restaurants, bars, fitness centers, movie theaters, bowling alleys and more open at 50% capacity as of Tuesday, he announced at a news conference.

I saw McCartney I’m 2012 @ BC place in November, no reason the stones couldn’t play there same time of year!
I still harbour hope Vancouver will get its gig!

Date: May 15, 2021 06:20

kovach
daspyknows
NilsHolgersson

Or ride a motorcycle in California. It amazes every time I'm out there how they're legally allowed to drive between lanes on the highway in the state that seems to go overboard on safety (apparently its a fuel saving/pollution initiative so they're not just sitting there burning fuel).

Agreed. On more than one occasion I cam within inches of taking one out. At least helmets are required but the outrage to helmets when it was enacted was very similar to masks the last year.

Date: May 15, 2021 07:40

daspyknows
kovach
daspyknows
NilsHolgersson

Agreed. On more than one occasion I cam within inches of taking one out. At least helmets are required but the outrage to helmets when it was enacted was very similar to masks the last year.

My state just dropped the helmet law, which I don't ride so I guess I don't care (much like seat belt laws though I always wear one as does my wife and son), but then again, those injured often become under the care of all of us.

Date: May 15, 2021 16:10

Paddy
MisterDDDD

I saw McCartney I’m 2012 @ BC place in November, no reason the stones couldn’t play there same time of year!

Hey, I was there Paddy! Must have seen you there. Fab show.

Date: May 15, 2021 16:32

Paddy

You and me both Paddy.
I've got Lucky Dips in hand and a room to reschedule right across the street from the stadium winking smiley

Vaccinations are up lately in BC, It's possible by then the borders are opened up and the show goes on.
Was just throwing Seattle out there in case they have to reschedule now for example, they could book and plan for Seattle in the fall a little easier.

Date: May 15, 2021 17:03

MisterDDDD
Paddy

You and me both Paddy.
I've got Lucky Dips in hand and a room to reschedule right across the street from the stadium winking smiley

Vaccinations are up lately in BC, It's possible by then the borders are opened up and the show goes on.
Was just throwing Seattle out there in case they have to reschedule now for example, they could book and plan for Seattle in the fall a little easier.

Saw them in Seattle last time. What a fabulous venue...far nicer than BC Place (assuming weather cooperates).

Date: May 15, 2021 17:34

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
Paddy

You and me both Paddy.

Saw them in Seattle last time. What a fabulous venue...far nicer than BC Place (assuming weather cooperates).

Was the best I've been to in Seattle, venue wise, going back to the seventies.
Name change since last show- now called Lumen Field. A gorgeous venue.

Vancouver has always been my favorite Stones city though, the fans and city always more enthused. Seattle stepped it up last time tho which was great to see.
Gave my kid lucky dip pit tix, he and his wife were blown away. Had two pairs, I chose the very nice club seats. Great show.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 15, 2021 19:53

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
Paddy

You and me both Paddy.

That was just about a perfect night. If that was my last Stones show, I'm good with it.

Date: May 15, 2021 19:57

crholmstrom

That was just about a perfect night. If that was my last Stones show, I'm good with it.

Agree (sorta winking smiley) If that was my last Stones-Seattle- show (which is very likely), I'm good with it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 15, 2021 23:12

crholmstrom
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
Paddy

You and me both Paddy.

Yeah I felt the same way actually. Getting Lucky Dips for a show 8 months later in my hometown was just about too good to be true. And it was.

SO...we'll see how this plays out. Very interesting times.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 16, 2021 11:28

Watching the FA Cup final Chelsea vs Leicester at Wembley Stadium last night, with a crowd of 21,000 fans, was just amazing and unreal. Congratulations to UK, for fighting the pandemic with a high speed vaccination programme, and congratulations to Leicester, what an amazing game!

UK is a few weeks ahead of USA in vaccination speed of the population, so it seems crowds of thousands may happen in USA too, in a month or so. Stones shows later this year seems more probable now.

Wembley welcomes 21,000 fans for Chelsea FC vs Leicester FA Cup Final in biggest UK crowd since lockdown (Evening Standard)

Bravura Leicester make Wembley erupt in a huge, hot wall of sound (The Guardian)

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-16 11:30 by bv.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: May 16, 2021 12:54

I’ve got tickets for the Ohana Fest in September so I’m hoping I can travel from the UK to the US by then. Would be a fantastic bonus if the Stones announced their postponed shows around the same time.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: May 16, 2021 13:44

So the Stones can play Wembley Stadium with 21,000 fans ...would have to be £1500 per ticket!...ok by me

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 16, 2021 14:09

IMO the chances of a Stones tour in 2021 are zero. Where would they tour?

2022 maybe.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 16, 2021 14:16

One month ago I was sure they could not tour until 2022. With the latest results of the vaccination programs, UK opening up, and USA soon open too, I think there is a bigger chance of shows later this year.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home