Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Ram ()
Date: May 11, 2021 16:03

Alright got tickets for Chris Stapleton, Zac Brown soon, Buffett, hell even Buddy Guy is touring at 84. Come on Mick Fire it up!

All jokes aside I know there's a lot more planing to do for a Stones tour then most given the NFL venues. If these other guys are playing late July - October, why can't the Stones crank out their 12 / 15 show tour in August - September. Hope we hear something soon!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 11, 2021 19:52

NFL schedules will be out shortly. Maybe once NFL dates at stadiums are solid bands can then find routing that works. I know here in Buffalo Billy Joel and Def Leppard have dates in August for the stadium. But I am guessing all will depend on which states/localities seem 100%to on board with allowing 100% capacity at their venues.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 11, 2021 19:59

NFL are as far as I know young and highly fit football players. The Rolling Stones band members are in their 70's. Different risk groups, different crowds.

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2021 20:19

BeastyBurdeny
I was looking forward to a 2020 No Filter Shirt! I thought the big two oh two oh would have looked cool. Boy, was I wrong.

I think they should retitle the next tour as "No Mask" instead of "No Filter".

The 2022 "No Mask" Tour.

Actually, that sounds a bit weak.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 11, 2021 20:27

treaclefingers
BeastyBurdeny
I was looking forward to a 2020 No Filter Shirt! I thought the big two oh two oh would have looked cool. Boy, was I wrong.

The 2022 "No Mask" Tour.

The Rolling Stones 2022 "Unmasked" Tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 11, 2021 20:41

bv
NFL are as far as I know young and highly fit football players. The Rolling Stones band members are in their 70's. Different risk groups, different crowds.

Yes, NFL players are some of the best athletes in the world and amongst the fittest of the fittest, while the Stones are elderly and all have had serious prior health issues that make them far more susceptible.
Can't imagine what it will take for them to get a green light from their physicians and insurance companies to reschedule tour, but doesn't seem like that could happen any time soon. Maybe by late 2022/23 if all goes well.

Date: May 11, 2021 21:43

Mick’s recent comment from BBC interview: “I gotta get in shape because the tour could be sooner than I think. So I’ve for to be ready for that.” We all know Mick chooses his words carefully but that sure sounds like a possible tour later this year. He must be seeing some green lights in order to make a comment like that.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: May 11, 2021 21:59

He also said in the same interview - "Hopefully things will be somewhere near normal by the end of the summer, let's hope, anyway."

Hopefully and hope being the key words here, and while it's always nice to have hope, based on their age and the circumstances not sure it can happen this year.

Date: May 11, 2021 22:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-11 22:11 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 12, 2021 00:42

Mick & Charlie hanging on the couch!
Hilarious!

[www.instagram.com]

Date: May 12, 2021 01:01

spikenyc
Mick & Charlie hanging on the couch!
Hilarious!

[www.instagram.com]

An oldie but a goodie.
Self deprecating humor is the best humor.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: May 12, 2021 01:11

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see the new dates happening September/October time.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 12, 2021 01:26

With Steve Jordan on drums? No way 80 year old Charlie does another outside Fall U.S. Tour.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 12, 2021 01:28

Well he's already cashed in on the tour so the old man's got to tour

Date: May 12, 2021 01:30

Matt1984
I really wouldn’t be surprised to see the new dates happening September/October time.

smileys with beer
Have agreed with that for quite some time now.
Broadway opening up in Sept, NFL etc.etc.,etc., by then vaccinated people will be at least 70% in the US. Vax proofs, and instant read technology will instrumental in opening everything up.

To those that ask ridiculous questions like "would you have a relative that age out on the road in this climate etc?" I say.. Hellll Yes.
(would love to see one of my kids try to tell my very adult vaxxed asss to stay home during a Stones tour for ex)

Vaccinated is vaccinated.
Also, comparing the boys health risk(s) to that of football players or athletes isn't relevant and borderline ageist imo. Either you're fully vaxxed or you're not. Either your interacting with other fully vaxxed people or you're not. There is no "gray" area here for me winking smiley

Date: May 12, 2021 01:50

TumblinDice76
With Steve Jordan on drums? No way 80 year old Charlie does another outside Fall U.S. Tour.

There's also the major issue of vaccinations being less effective by certain medications - as Aquamarine previously posted:

"I'm fully vaccinated and still vulnerable because the meds I take greatly reduce the efficacy of the vaccine, and there are many people like me".

With all the Stones having had serious health issues in the past (and some very recently), you have to wonder if any medications they've been prescribed fall in the same category.
If so, could partially explain the long delay in any rescheduling, and whether or not they themselves are ready, or if their Physicians and/or the insurance companies are ready and willing to give the green light.
For those who are impatient and can't wait, probably best chance to see the Stones this year might just be a tribute band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-12 01:56 by Hairball.

Date: May 12, 2021 02:12

"you have to wonder if any medications they've... blah blah blah "

Who exactly would have to wonder I wonder. Clueless people??

Certainly not the fully capable adults that have announced they're intentions on finishing this leg before embarking on the next wouldn't.
Likely fully capable adults would be able to make fully capable adult decisions on their health and activities. Jfc. "have to wonder"... killin' me.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 12, 2021 04:02

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
BeastyBurdeny

The 2022 "No Mask" Tour.

The Rolling Stones 2022 "Unmasked" Tour.

You had me at The Rolling Stones!

Date: May 12, 2021 04:25

Never been a fan of tribute bands myself, but considering the Stones probably won't tour until late spring/summer 2022 at the earliest, there's bound to be some tribute bands playing in your area if you can't wait.
I've been seeing advertisements for this particular tribute band in the SoCal area in small clubs, and as an extra safety precaution vaccines or proof of negative test is required for entry at this particular venue.

Date: May 12, 2021 12:25

Just buy Copacabana beach live and watch the Stones at home

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 12, 2021 19:45

Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket and others are playing a just-announced festival in California this September. It can be done.

Charlie doesn’t like the cold? Put some space heaters up there. C’mon. This is a billion dollar band and they can’t keep their drummer warm for a cool show or two? Gimme a break.

Date: May 12, 2021 20:22

Maybe Dave Grohl can be Mick's drummer this tour, if Charlie's getting too old

Date: May 12, 2021 20:58

The Hollywood Bowl released a new statement regarding the 2021 season starting in July.
One of my favorite outdoor venues in the SoCal area - I've seen many bands there including the Stones, the Who, Neil Young, CSNY, Dylan, Clapton, Steve Winwood, and many more...
Normally with a capacity of apprx. 17,000, they're cutting those numbers down drastically to only 67% limited capacity with multiple restrictions and safety measures in place.
Will be interesting to hear how it all works out at the Bowl, and it's good to see things going in the right direction here in Southern California.

Welcome back to the Hollywood Bowl!
The health and safety of our audiences, artists, and staff is our top priority. We are committed to ensuring that you have an exceptional Bowl experience, with confidence in the policies and procedures designed for a safe environment for all. Our policies and procedures are created to align with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s protocols.

Vaccination and Ticketing
For the 2021 season starting in July, the Hollywood Bowl is designating the majority of all concert seats to fully vaccinated patrons and limiting total capacity to 67%.
Total capacity will continue to follow public health guidelines throughout the season. Proof of vaccination and photo ID will be required upon entry. Fully vaccinated seating sections will not be socially distanced.

Non-Vaccinated Option
There will be two seating sections for patrons who are not fully vaccinated. These seats will be socially distanced and separated from vaccination-required sections. Guests will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result and a photo ID upon entry.

More detailed safety measures regarding social distancing, sanitization, etc., etc., etc.Hollywood Bowl

---------------------------------------------------

As for the Stones, if they ever do reschedule I imagine they'll have to figure out a similar game plan with all the restrictions for the mammoth stadiums they hope to play in.
As others have mentioned though, I doubt they'd be willing to reduce the capacity numbers as it wouldn't make much business sense unless they raise ticket prices,
and a Stones show in a massive stadium with social distancing just doesn't sound right. Maybe by late Spring/Summer 2022 they can get it ironed out so it would be good for both them and the fans.
Meanwhile, the silence from the Stones is deafening regarding rescheduled dates - seems every other band has either rescheduled or cancelled while the Stones continue to be uncommitted.
Surely they're hoping to reschedule (at least that's what Mick said), but here we are in mid-May without a hint. Best to be patient, and I'm sure they're going to do whats best for them in the big picture whatever that is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-12 21:07 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 12, 2021 21:07

NashvilleBlues
Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket and others are playing a just-announced festival in California this September. It can be done.

Charlie doesn’t like the cold? Put some space heaters up there. C’mon. This is a billion dollar band and they can’t keep their drummer warm for a cool show or two? Gimme a break.

confused smiley Does Charlie have any say in this?

Date: May 12, 2021 21:09

Hairball
The Hollywood Bowl released a new statement regarding the 2021 season starting in July.
One of my favorite outdoor venues in the SoCal area - I've seen many bands there including the Stones, the Who, Neil Young, CSNY, Dylan, Clapton, Steve Winwood, and many more...
Normally with a capacity of apprx. 17,000, they're cutting those numbers down drastically to only 67% limited capacity with multiple restrictions and safety measures in place.
Will be interesting to hear how it all works out at the Bowl, and it's good to see things going in the right direction here in Southern California.

The health and safety of our audiences, artists, and staff is our top priority. We are committed to ensuring that you have an exceptional Bowl experience, with confidence in the policies and procedures designed for a safe environment for all. Our policies and procedures are created to align with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s protocols.

For the 2021 season starting in July, the Hollywood Bowl is designating the majority of all concert seats to fully vaccinated patrons and limiting total capacity to 67%.
Total capacity will continue to follow public health guidelines throughout the season. Proof of vaccination and photo ID will be required upon entry. Fully vaccinated seating sections will not be socially distanced.

Non-Vaccinated Option
There will be two seating sections for patrons who are not fully vaccinated. These seats will be socially distanced and separated from vaccination-required sections. Guests will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result and a photo ID upon entry.

More detailed safety measures regarding social distancing, sanitization, etc., etc., etc.Hollywood Bowl

As for the Stones, if they ever do reschedule I imagine they'll have to figure out a similar game plan with all the restrictions for the mammoth stadiums they hope to play in.
As others have mentioned though, I doubt they'd be willing to reduce the capacity numbers as it wouldn't make much business sense unless they raise ticket prices,
and a Stones show in a massive stadium with social distancing just doesn't sound right. Maybe by late Spring/Summer 2022 they can get it ironed out so it would be good for both them and the fans.
Meanwhile, the silence from the Stones is deafening regarding rescheduled dates - seems every other band has either rescheduled or cancelled while the Stones continue to be uncommitted.
Surely they're hoping to reschedule (at least that's what Mick said), but here we are in mid-May without a hint. Best to be patient, and I'm sure they're going to do whats best for them in the big picture whatever that is.

Good job by Hollywood Bowl. Especially having vaccinated and non-vaccinated sections. Hopefully the non-vaccinated sections are the "Uecker" seats to keep them far away from the artists.

Date: May 12, 2021 21:25

There is a standing lawn area at the very top and back section of the Bowl where the cheap tix are (aka "Uecker" section ha), and where people have been known to sneak in by climbing over the hill.
Maybe that's where they'll stick the non-vaccinated sections - back on top of the hill in the nosebleeds with the cheapskates and the trespassers. lol...

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 12, 2021 21:38

daspyknows
NashvilleBlues

confused smiley Does Charlie have any say in this?

Of course. Just wondering why they can’t blast some heat up there. Heat his stool. Play the northern US dates in early September and play the rest after.

Date: May 12, 2021 22:03

daspyknows
Hairball

Non-Vaccinated Option

Good job by Hollywood Bowl. Especially having vaccinated and non-vaccinated sections. Hopefully the non-vaccinated sections are the "Uecker" seats to keep them far away from the artists.

I didn't know Apartheid would ever be in style again

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 12, 2021 23:34

Surprised 89 year old J. Williams wants to co-perform live events for 11.5 thousand people this year. Given his health conditions. He's got enough cash. I guess old habits die hard.

Date: May 13, 2021 00:27

NilsHolgersson
daspyknows
Hairball

Non-Vaccinated Option

I didn't know Apartheid would ever be in style again

Apartheid was based on race. This has nothing to do with race. Equating the two is not meaningful and if it was race based there anti vaxxers would be all for it.

Dead and Company is touring and this was the note for pit tickets. Sure hope the Stones do this too. This is not apartheid, it is allowing those vaccinated to avoid those who are not.

IMPORTANT: For all dates on Dead & Company’s 2021 Tour, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination will be required by the Event Organizer to gain entry to the GA Pit. Please keep this in mind before purchasing GA Pit tickets. If a GA Pit ticketholder does not have documentation, they will be provided an alternate viewing location. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-14 19:28 by daspyknows.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1285
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home