Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 2, 2021 04:42

I'm not asking for much. It would just be nice if the song vote songs were all songs that normally don't appear in the setlist anyway.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 2, 2021 10:45

BeastyBurdeny
What's everyone's ideal, while trying to be realistic, setlist for the tour (whenever it finally happens)?

There is a separate thread for setlist discussions:

The Rolling Stones set list discussions

Bjornulf

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 2, 2021 21:10

Oops! Sorry, will check out the discussion there!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 3, 2021 16:19

makemeburnthecandle
Announced today 100 million fully vaccinated in the US. More and more states and cities are fully open or planning to be in the next couple months. Stones should be planning their fall tour accordingly with an announcement by the end of May.

Jesus. Should they? Get real. That’s about 1/3rd of the country. AND many Republicans don’t think they’ll have it. So perhaps 1/3rd of the country won’t bother protecting themselves/family/others. THAT’S the country you want The Stones to tour? Jesus.

Rod

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 3, 2021 16:56

bitusa2012
makemeburnthecandle
Announced today 100 million fully vaccinated in the US. More and more states and cities are fully open or planning to be in the next couple months. Stones should be planning their fall tour accordingly with an announcement by the end of May.

Jesus. Should they? Get real. That’s about 1/3rd of the country. AND many Republicans don’t think they’ll have it. So perhaps 1/3rd of the country won’t bother protecting themselves/family/others. THAT’S the country you want The Stones to tour? Jesus.

Jesus. As long as the Stones and crew and attendees are all protected.
Also, by late summer/fall the number will be at least two thirds.
Hell yes. Jesus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-03 16:57 by MisterDDDD.

Date: May 3, 2021 17:30

Jesus Not a problem as concert venues can also refuse to allow Republicans to attend. Jesus

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 3, 2021 19:31

Fall is American football season. The 2019 tour had to be done by labour day. Wouldn’t count on a fall tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2021 20:22

Best case scenario is Spring/Summer 2022, and even that's wishful/hopeful thinking considering the many different circumstances that need to align properly.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 3, 2021 20:25

Would they refuse Jesus?

jb

Date: May 3, 2021 20:29

jbwelda
Would they refuse Jesus? jb

If unvaccinated, yes. And the Easier Bunny too if need be. Jesus.

Date: May 3, 2021 20:32

StubHub to refund canceled events after pandemic complaints
StubHub changed its refunds policy just as the pandemic ramped up in the U.S., announcing it would only give customers credit rather than cash for cancelations.

StubHub is offering some customers cash refunds for tickets to events that were canceled during the pandemic, creating an exception to a no-refunds policy it adopted in March 2020 to the dismay of many customers, the company told The Associated Press.

The ticket service changed its refunds policy just as the COVID-19 pandemic was picking up steam in the U.S., announcing that it would only give customers credit rather than cash when concerts, sports games and other events were canceled.

Customers complained to the press and filed lawsuits. In an interview, StubHub customer experience vice president Daron Fowlks declined to comment on litigation but said that customers who bought tickets to events in the U.S. or Canada on or before March 25, 2020, and were issued credits for cancellations, will now get refunds. Those will be paid out by the end of May.

Customers can choose to keep their credits if they like. StubHub, however, won't offer refunds to anyone who bought a ticket after March 25 of last year if an event is canceled — only credits. The credits are valid through the end of 2022.
In 14 states including California, Florida, New Jersey and New York, local laws already allowed customers to get cash refunds if they contacted customer service.
Events that were postponed or rescheduled won't be refunded, Fowlks said. If a ticketholder can't attend, they can resell their tickets on StubHub with no selling fee.

StubHub is offering the retroactive refunds now because the live events industry is opening back up. “The return of live events, the input of customers, partners, and regulators, and the opportunity to finally consult with our new parent company, viagogo, all contributed to StubHub’s decision to make this move now," the company said in a statement. Viagogo, a tickets marketplace, bought StubHub in February 2020.

Ticketmaster and its owner, Live Nation, whose pandemic ticketing policies were also subject to complaints and lawsuits, offers refunds or credits if an event is canceled once it gets funds from the event organizer. Postponed events may not be eligible for refunds.
[www.king5.com]

Date: May 4, 2021 10:26

THERE WILL BE NO ROSKILDE FESTIVAL THIS YEAR (Roskilde Festival Official site)

Finally, we received an official statement about this summer’s restrictions. As expected, we can’t conduct a Roskilde Festival this summer. Let us meet again in 2022.

We are devastated by the fact that we can’t get together at our festival and contribute to recreating the communities that the corona crisis has destroyed for so many.

The cancellation is very serious for the festival, for the charity society behind it and for our community. And it is serious for the artistic environments and the growth segments of culture.

But it will not be possible to gather 130,000 people at Roskilde Festival this summer.

But we will meet again in 2022. And our community is strong!

Bjornulf

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 4, 2021 18:12

mpj200
Fall is American football season. The 2019 tour had to be done by labour day. Wouldn’t count on a fall tour.

Seems they could work around football games, those stadiums are only used 1 day every other week or so from late August through early February. But then again, I could see the NFL not wanting to a chance on screwing up the field.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 4, 2021 18:24

Look, they've played fall stadium tours for decades. It can be done again. However, it won't happen due to COVID. 2022.

plexi

Date: May 4, 2021 18:33

kovach
mpj200

Seems they could work around football games, those stadiums are only used 1 day every other week or so from late August through early February. But then again, I could see the NFL not wanting to a chance on screwing up the field.

They could work around,, nobody "had" to be done by Labor Day in '19.

2006 will be closer to the model if they pull this off.
Started in late Sept. and ran thru late November with a mix of football stadiums. baseball parks, arenas and even a horse racing track.
(I know..I know.. but it was cold in Chicago).
[iorr.org]

Point being, they can easily mix it up and make it work, which I believe they will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-04 18:35 by MisterDDDD.

Date: May 4, 2021 19:07

There is no way they can tour until the world is safe vs covid-19. The only places they could tour are Australia and New Zealand, where the borders are covid-19-closed, but I can not see Mick, Keith and the rest of the band- and crew - sitting two weeks in a quarantine hotel down under.

Sure vaccine doses are handled in USA, UK and a few other places at a great speed. Still most of the population age 0-50 are still not vaccinated, and as far as I know. Also, many do not want to get vaccinated. Outside the rick countries in the western world, hardly anyone are vaccinated. Travel to USA and UK is still possible from India, Brazil, and other high-infection areas, via other countries.

We are all in the same boat, unfortunately. I just can not imagine myself sitting in a chair in a stadium, at a Stones show, mask on, 3-6 feet apart from friends. It's not really rock'n'roll.

Bjornulf

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 4, 2021 19:15

Covid will always be around. We will never be free from it. Everyone will be comfortable at different times. Some will never be comfortable again.

The Stones don't really tour third-world countries, so that point is moot. A 2021 Fall US tour could be played, if they really wanted to do it. They'll probably be cautious and wait till 2022.

Date: May 4, 2021 19:16

Respectfully disagree.

Mick talked about (paraphrasing) "having to finish the US tour", as well as mentioning getting back to the stage "maybe sooner than you think".
I agree and believe him.

Large concerts are on the horizon here in the US imo.
Proof of vax or rapid tests required. (Lakers just did rapid tests for a game, it's coming)

Date: May 4, 2021 19:21

MisterDDDD
Respectfully disagree.

Mick talked about (paraphrasing) "having to finish the US tour", as well as mentioning getting back to the stage "maybe sooner than you think".
I agree and believe him.

Proof of vax or rapid tests required. (Lakers just did rapid tests for a game, it's coming)

Totally agree.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 4, 2021 19:29

MisterDDDD
Respectfully disagree.

I agree and believe him.

the way things are we're not going to get herd immunity in the states. look at our state. roll backs of the openings are coming at the end of the week.

Date: May 4, 2021 19:32

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
Respectfully disagree.

I agree and believe him.

the way things are we're not going to get herd immunity in the states. look at our state. roll backs of the openings are coming at the end of the week.

So, no concerts ever again?

Date: May 4, 2021 19:40

crholmstrom

True, but events are still opening up here.
Vaccinated sections, rapid testing, etc will see full full(er) stadiums by fall with or without herd immunity.
From yesterday..

Washington events, religious services to have ‘vaccinated sections’
PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Washington state will soon have sections for vaccinated attendees of large events and religious services.

Governor Jay Inslee on Monday announced plans that allow spectator events and religious and faith based organizations to increase capacity with those sections in place.

Under the new spectator events guidance:
Outdoor facilities may add vaccinated sections until their total capacity is 50% maximum or
22,000 people, whichever is lower, inclusive of both vaccinated and unvaccinated sections.
[www.koin.com]

Could do three Lumen Field shows at 22k a piece. right now.
By Sept., in anticipation of football etc., they will have stadiums back to full capacity. Rapid tests or vax proof likely required.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 4, 2021 19:42

I suspect "American football season" isn't the problem. They've done fall stadium shows many times over the years ('94, '97, '05, '06, etc.) Outside of COVID questions and uncertainties, it seems to be more about whether they'd want to be playing outside in the fall in the US at this point in their lives. Chicago '06 was quite cold even by Chicago standards for October, but it's a prime example of how raw it can be at that time of year in parts of the US (midwest, northeast in particular).

I speculate they would wait until Spring 2022 (assuming COVID doesn't factor in, which is still a big assumption), perhaps even trying to keep the dates more or less as they were going to be in 2020...but what do I know.

Hopefully we'll know soon!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-04 20:51 by floodonthepage.

Date: May 4, 2021 19:58

bv
There is no way they can tour until the world is safe vs covid-19. The only places they could tour are Australia and New Zealand, where the borders are covid-19-closed, but I can not see Mick, Keith and the rest of the band- and crew - sitting two weeks in a quarantine hotel down under.

Sure vaccine doses are handled in USA, UK and a few other places at a great speed. Still most of the population age 0-50 are still not vaccinated, and as far as I know. Also, many do not want to get vaccinated. Outside the rick countries in the western world, hardly anyone are vaccinated. Travel to USA and UK is still possible from India, Brazil, and other high-infection areas, via other countries.

We are all in the same boat, unfortunately. I just can not imagine myself sitting in a chair in a stadium, at a Stones show, mask on, 3-6 feet apart from friends. It's not really rock'n'roll.

While I was hoping for the slim possibility of a Spring/Summer 2022 rescheduling, right now even that sounds a bit too overly optimistic.
Seems 2023 is probably being more realistic and rational, but not sure if the Stones will be up for it that far off in the future, and at their age.
But maybe things will change again, and hopefully for the better. I still think best case scenario is a few small shows in London
next year to celebrate the 60th, with limited attendance, restrictions in place, etc., etc., etc.

As for sitting in a chair in a stadium at a Stones show, mask on, 3-6 feet apart... definitely not rock'n'roll at all...more like a visit to a library.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 4, 2021 20:10

We already know the 14 venues The Stones have decided to stay committed to playing in the US and Canada, whenever the shows may happen...

The NFL schedule is to be released next week on the 12th, which would show some open dates for this fall if the show happen then...

The news of Billy Joel playing F1 weekend at Circuit of the Americas in Austin on 10-23 stated the other headlining concert for Friday, 10-22 would be announced this month... it could be The Stones, who knows?

They could play the 5 domes on the itinerary at the end of the tour to cancel the weather factor if it stretches into the late fall 2021...

Will San Diego get a gig at Petco Park to make up for the cancelled show at SDCCU Stadium, which is now demolished?

Or could LA get a show at the new SoFi Stadium in Inglewood instead of SD? Vegas has a new jewel in Allegiant Stadium, which is a dome also... maybe The Stones do their first stadium gig in Vegas, 2016 theories be damned!

I've tried to convince myself that I should ease off on big ideas of travelling to see The Stones wherever and whenever since the 'Rona came down, but I'm tested weekly at work and have both vaccinations taken care of so that I can make those decisions when the time comes...

Date: May 4, 2021 20:11

Hairball
bv

While I was hoping for the slim possibility of a Spring/Summer 2022 rescheduling, right now even that sounds a bit too overly optimistic.
Seems 2023 is probably being more realistic and rational, but not sure if the Stones will be up for it that far off in the future, and at their age.
But maybe things will change again, and hopefully for the better. I still think best case scenario is a few small shows in London
next year to celebrate the 60th, with limited attendance, restrictions in place, etc., etc., etc.

As for sitting in a chair in a stadium at a Stones show, mask on, 3-6 feet apart... definitely not rock'n'roll at all...more like a visit to a library.

Just shows how widely people range in their opinions and/or comfort levels. I fully plan on attending the July 6, 2021 Black Crowes show at Ascend (general admission grass).

Stones not touring till 2023? Might as well call it a day, if that's the case.

Date: May 4, 2021 20:19

Norway introduced closed borders similar to the system they have in Australia, still not completely closed. After that the cases are down by 75%, and people in hospital are down by more than 50%. No international sports are allowed in Norway, no foreigners are entering without a hotel quarantine. They say the UK, Brazil, South America and even India variants all came in to our country through import, travel. Closing the border was the only way to slow down the virus.

I don't know if the US borders are closed. You can probably travel from India or Brazil to USA, through other countries. Until 80% or more of the entire population is vaccinated, including kids and young people, the virus will reappear. More than half of all the new covid-19 positives in our most recent wave was age under 18. The new variants move fast among children, silently, then they are passed onto the parents, and further on everywhere.

Sure there will be stadium events, but that will be mainly with low-risk athets and performers in sports and entertainment under the age of 60, with low risk of side effects in case of catching the virus. Mick and Keith will turn 78 this year. Ronnie will be 74 soon. Charlie will be 80 this summer. They are not in their 20's anymore. They do not have the stamina of young NHL and NFL players.

Sure I wish they will tour soon, but I am sure their doctors will have a saying about risk and travel to places where covid-19 is still around. Also, the insurance company will probably have a saying.

Bjornulf

Date: May 4, 2021 20:33

NashvilleBlues
Hairball
bv

Just shows how widely people range in their opinions and/or comfort levels. I fully plan on attending the July 6, 2021 Black Crowes show at Ascend (general admission grass).

Stones not touring till 2023? Might as well call it a day, if that's the case.

I was giving an opinion on the possibility of the Stones rescheduling - not my personal comfort level. There's too many variables that need to be worked out before the Stones will commit to a rescheduling, and until all of those factors are worked out, can't see it happening any time soon. The Stones are nearly 80 years old and it takes an entire village to get their tour moving properly. Considering the current situation with anti-vaxxers, surges, variants/mutations, and dozens of other unknowns, hard to imagine the Stones would ever put themselves, their crew, and their fans at any risk if it can be avoided. The only way to avoid those risks now is to wait it out patiently, but unfortunately time keeps on ticking. And unlike other bands, they certainly don't need the money. As for the Black Crowes show at Ascend, if it's not postponed again, hope you have a good time.

Date: May 4, 2021 20:38

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
Respectfully disagree.

I agree and believe him.

So, no concerts ever again?

I don't think I'm ready to give the concert promoters what are essentially interest free loans at this point. Especially for the big expensive shows. That being said, I am going to buy tickets for next year's Flaming Lips show on Friday. They are very fan friendly on the pricing so if it gets postponed it won't be a major drain.

Date: May 4, 2021 20:41

MisterDDDD
crholmstrom

True, but events are still opening up here.
Vaccinated sections, rapid testing, etc will see full full(er) stadiums by fall with or without herd immunity.
From yesterday..

Washington events, religious services to have ‘vaccinated sections’
PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Washington state will soon have sections for vaccinated attendees of large events and religious services.

Governor Jay Inslee on Monday announced plans that allow spectator events and religious and faith based organizations to increase capacity with those sections in place.

Under the new spectator events guidance:
Outdoor facilities may add vaccinated sections until their total capacity is 50% maximum or
22,000 people, whichever is lower, inclusive of both vaccinated and unvaccinated sections.
[www.koin.com]

Could do three Lumen Field shows at 22k a piece. right now.
By Sept., in anticipation of football etc., they will have stadiums back to full capacity. Rapid tests or vax proof likely required.

I wonder if the Seattle Mariners are still going to make you buy a minimum of 2 over-priced tickets for the vaccinated section. It wouldn't surprise me. Lot of money to sit in a giant T-Mobile commercial. I'm waiting for the game where the team comes out in T-Mobile pink uniforms. It has to be coming.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home