Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 27, 2021 21:20

I bought 2 tickets for the Buddy Guy show at the Belly Up also! Bought at the presale too, yes strange to get the ticket-buying rush again. Looking forward to live music too!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2021 02:46

Semi-related as it's a massive outdoor gathering, yet the difference is it's in the wide open space of a desert setting.
No matter - the Burning Man Festival rescheduled to Sept 2021 has been cancelled again.

From Billboard:

Burning Man Cancels 2021 Event
"It's too important to do half-a--ed, so we're doubling down on next year," says Burning Man CEO Marian Goodell.

Burning Man

Burning Man is canceled for 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic and instead plans to return in 2022, the organization announced Tuesday (April 27). The event would have been held the week before Labor Day in Black Rock City, Nevada. "For 2021, we know the need for community has never been stronger, and building community is what Burners do best. We also recognize the pandemic is not over," said Burning Man CEO Marian Goodell in a live video announcement Tuesday. "We've heard your feedback, and we're really grateful for all of the work you have been doing to prepare for Black Rock City. So much, from so many." Goodell continued, "But we've made a difficult decision based on the best information available to us. We've decided to focus our energy on building Black Rock City 2022. It's too important to do half-a--ed, so we're doubling down on next year."

With the announcement, Burning Man joins a number of festivals that have decided to completely postpone a 2021 event, in lieu of trying to hold it later in the year. Prior to the postponement, Burning Man had considered requiring vaccinations for all attendees. The fabled counterculture art festival typically draws roughly 80,000 people to the Black Rock Desert about 100 miles north of Reno. In a blog post published immediately after the announcement, organizers noted that "although here in the United States we may be feeling the weight lifting and the light at the end of the tunnel brightening, we are still in the pandemic, and the uncertainties that need to be resolved are impossible to resolve in the time we have." Goodell reminded the crowd that Burning Man is much more than the event itself, and encouraged Burners around the world to focus on creating community, helping support one of the 59 Burning Man-funded art projects the organization is helping produce, support Burners Without Borders.

Burn Week, when the event usually happens the week before Labor Day, will be marked with online events. "Black Rock City is radically different from other events," reads the Blog Post. "We’re building a city, not a stage. This is a community, which means money doesn’t build this; personal intention and dedication do. Our community is the event. We’ve heard from many who don’t feel ready to come to Black Rock City. While we’re confident in our ability to get a permit and to safeguard public health, we know that co-creating Black Rock City in 2021 would put tremendous strain on our community while we are still ironing out uncertainty." The blog post also notes that the land on which Burning Man takes place, which is controlled by the Bureau of Land Management, will remain open. "Some of you will choose to gather, co-create and celebrate Burning Man culture on the playa this year," organizers write. "The Bureau of Land Management says at this time public lands will remain open to the public. Anyone choosing to camp on the playa this year will need to be entirely self-sufficient."

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 28, 2021 04:03

While the Tedeschi Trucks Band "Wheels Of Soul" tour this summer has been postponed (again), as mentioned above, they are doing a run of some outdoor distanced shows etc. this summer.

While not official yet, they will still be playing Red Rocks, as they are working out the details. Existing tickets will be honored for next year it sounds like, but for this one they will have another sale with "prioritization access" given to those of us with tickets. A reduced crowd at Red Rocks, with "live appearances will offer a rare, possibly one-of-a-kind experience for fans to enjoy until the extended band can return" sounds very cool. Will be my third time attending multi-night TTB shows at Red Rocks, always spectacular.

"**July 30 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

**July 31 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

** Ticket info for Red Rocks will be released at a later date. Priority ticket access will be given to people who purchased tickets for the 2021 Wheels Of Soul Tour shows (now rescheduled to 2022). We are working closely with Red Rocks to finalize details and will have further announcements when available."

"After 15 months, we’re returning to the stage again with something special…Introducing Tedeschi Trucks Fireside Live, a unique tour in the style of The Fireside Sessions, with lineups featuring lineups of four to eight band members performing at outdoor venues starting on June 11 and 12 in Jacksonville.

These limited capacity shows will feature different and smaller configurations of the band, with lineups for each show to be confirmed closer to the start of the Tour. The modified lineup will perform under the name ‘Tedeschi Trucks’ for the first time as a nod to their band members who are unable to join the tour. All shows are being held in venues that take strict precautions to ensure the safety of fans, staff, band and crew. These live appearances will offer a rare, possibly one-of-a-kind experience for fans to enjoy until the extended band can return in its full 12-piece form as soon as safety permits.
"

[www.tedeschitrucksband.com]

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 28, 2021 09:07

Sorry to hear about Burning Man being canceled again but I'm not surprised. I went to five burns but the most recent was 2010. I've been meaning to go back.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 28, 2021 15:19

Some good news from the test indoor concert with 5000 people in Barcelona [www.pollstar.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 28, 2021 15:31

Interesting news regarding the situation above in Spain, but:

"Of the 4,592 concert attendees who gave their consent to allow the analysis of their COVID-19 diagnose,
six people were diagnosed positive within 14 days after the concert".

Yes six is a small percentage, and four are assumed to have been infected outside the venue, but still...don't think I'd be willing to be part of that experiment.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 28, 2021 22:41

snoopy2
Heard "on the street" yesterday that Shoalsfest is happening again this year (was told prob October). 2019 had Jason Isbell, Mavis Staples, Sheryl Crow as well as others on the side stages. If any IORRians get together and make a trip out of it they could take in Muscle Shoals Sound and FAME while they're here. If I'm in town I'd be happy to help arrange a meetup for us.. Put it here cuz it's still word of mouth, if confirmed I'm sure someone will give it a thread smiling smiley

It's official! Announced today:

ShoalsFest will return to McFarland Park in Florence, AL, October 2-3, 2021.
RSVP to be the first to hear about presale tickets and more: [www.shoalsfest.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-28 22:43 by snoopy2.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 29, 2021 01:55

Why Country A-Listers Are Playing Indoor Concerts at a Texas Honky-Tonk

by Joseph Hudak
April 28, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2021 04:00

bye bye johnny
Why Country A-Listers Are Playing Indoor Concerts at a Texas Honky-Tonk

by Joseph Hudak
April 28, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

Paywalled.

Why?

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: April 29, 2021 19:27

Just announced today at Circuit of the Americas..Billy Joel in October at the F1 race. Could rescheduled Stones dates be coming soon?
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/tickets]Billy Joel COTA Oct

On with the show, good health to you...
Keefy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-29 19:29 by Keefy.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 29, 2021 20:39

Keefy
Just announced today at Circuit of the Americas..Billy Joel in October at the F1 race. Could rescheduled Stones dates be coming soon?

Not sure if the Genesis dates for the fall have been mentioned yet or not...

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 29, 2021 20:53

Keefy

2021 Stones US Fall tour in September and October seems possible, to me. But, I don't know the inner-workings like many of you do.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 29, 2021 23:34

I think after 2006, Charlie is over playing Stadiums in the U.S. in the Fall.
Summer 2022.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 29, 2021 23:36

Another link to the news of Billy Joel on the Super Stage at the F1 race in Austin on 10-23... this does mention another act on October 22nd, with 3-day race passes including Lawn tix for both shows being shown on the F1 ticket link...

[www.pollstar.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-29 23:51 by TKinOH.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 30, 2021 00:41

TumblinDice76
Summer 2022.

I'd agree with this in terms of Charlie being over playing US stadiums in the Fall(was at the extremely cold 2006 Chicago show).

The weird delay due to COVID is the wild card.

I could see them wanting to clear their backlog for a potential 60th anniversary series of dates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-30 00:42 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 30, 2021 00:59

Douratajczak87

I'd agree with this in terms of Charlie being over playing US stadiums in the Fall(was at the extremely cold 2006 Chicago show).

Chicago 2006 was exactly the show I was referring to!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 30, 2021 01:33

TumblinDice76
Douratajczak87

Show was outstanding, despite having limited feeling in my feet lol.

I really lucked out for that as I had 19th row on the field on Ronnie's side thanks to someone who was expecting to fly in but had a change of plans (weeks before the show).

Fantastic night though no doubt!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-30 01:33 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 30, 2021 03:54

TumblinDice76
Summer 2022.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 30, 2021 17:13

BeastyBurdeny
Keefy

I'm tempted but watching Phil Collins sing from a chair for a couple hours just sounds depressing.

Date: April 30, 2021 20:03

Announced today 100 million fully vaccinated in the US. More and more states and cities are fully open or planning to be in the next couple months. Stones should be planning their fall tour accordingly with an announcement by the end of May.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 30, 2021 22:03

100 million fully vaccinated isn't even 1/3 of the population. For those vaccinated there should be safety but it needs to be at least double that. It is progress but its like declaring victory at halftime. Stones tour in 2022 is my hope.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 30, 2021 22:28

What's the hold up? Reschedule already!

Waters rescheduled his tour for Fall 2022. Tour this year or next, but make a decision soon, PLEASE!

Most of you think there's no way they tour till 2022. If that's the case (and it likely is), reschedule.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-30 22:31 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: May 1, 2021 01:17

Given the decline in vaccination demand in the US, the general hesitancy amongst millions, the recent surges of infections in places such as the state of Washington, Michigan, etc., it might still be way too early for them to want to commit to dates that they can actually keep. People are getting antsy and want things to happen (as I'm sure the Stones do also), but still too many mysteries and unknowns to be solved, and lots of kinks to be worked out. Will there be proof of vaccinations or negative tests required? Hopefully, but that could throw a wrench in some of the previous itinerary where certain states might not allow those types of requirements (Texas and Florida). Then there's the insurance companies. Given all of the above (and the age of the band), can't imagine they're ready/willing to move forward yet. The delay could be because they might be thinking of cancelling, refunding, and then rescheduling with various restrictions such as the amount of people allowed in attendance, and only in places where they can require proof of vaccination and/or negative test results.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 1, 2021 01:32

kovach
BeastyBurdeny
Keefy

I'm tempted but watching Phil Collins sing from a chair for a couple hours just sounds depressing.

Buy a standing ticket then.

Nate

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: May 1, 2021 03:44

I would suspect the Stones will announce new dates with the same time interval between announcement and concert dates, as they have on the last few tours. Mostly due to insurance costs is my guess. At their ages, a year plus of waiting between announcement and gigs can bring about a lot of changes.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 1, 2021 04:52

NashvilleBlues
What's the hold up? Reschedule already!

Waters rescheduled his tour for Fall 2022. Tour this year or next, but make a decision soon, PLEASE!

Most of you think there's no way they tour till 2022. If that's the case (and it likely is), reschedule.

Health

Rod

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 1, 2021 05:11

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed new

100 million fully vaccinated isn't even 1/3 of the population. For those vaccinated there should be safety but it needs to be at least double that. It is progress but its like declaring victory at halftime. Stones tour in 2022 is my hRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed new

100 million fully vaccinated isn't even 1/3 of the population. For those vaccinated there should be safety but it needs to be at least double that. It is progress but its like declaring victory at halftime. Stones tour in 2022 is my hope

but the overwhelming majority of those vaccinated are over the age of 65 which is sort of the stones target audience makes me think that a fall tour seems pretty likley

Date: May 1, 2021 07:21

ProfessorWolf

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed new

100 million fully vaccinated isn't even 1/3 of the population. For those vaccinated there should be safety but it needs to be at least double that. It is progress but its like declaring victory at halftime. Stones tour in 2022 is my hRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed new

100 million fully vaccinated isn't even 1/3 of the population. For those vaccinated there should be safety but it needs to be at least double that. It is progress but its like declaring victory at halftime. Stones tour in 2022 is my hope

but the overwhelming majority of those vaccinated are over the age of 65 which is sort of the stones target audience makes me think that a fall tour seems pretty likley

Lol. So are all the people working the tour and at the stadiums.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 1, 2021 18:44

Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76
Douratajczak87

Show was outstanding, despite having limited feeling in my feet lol.

I really lucked out for that as I had 19th row on the field on Ronnie's side thanks to someone who was expecting to fly in but had a change of plans (weeks before the show).

Fantastic night though no doubt!

That was the coldest show I've ever been to, but well worth it! We had backstage passes & were able to stay in the warmth until Elvis Costello finished his set, then headed out to our seats. Out of all the shows I've seen, this was the only one where we left during the encore. Even with dressing for the weather, we also could barely feel our feetsmiling smiley!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 2, 2021 04:29

What's everyone's ideal, while trying to be realistic, setlist for the tour (whenever it finally happens)?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home