Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2021 04:56

daspyknows
I will be going to shows in San Francisco. Rolling Stones can play here instead on San Diego.

[www.sfgate.com]

Imagine being stuck with a great ticket in the non-vaccine sections....lol...jk....

If there is a rescheduled tour, have a feeling the new L.A. stadium will get the nod to replace San Diego - at least that's a hope...and only if there's vaccinated sections...thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 15, 2021 05:30

Hairball
daspyknows
I will be going to shows in San Francisco. Rolling Stones can play here instead on San Diego.

[www.sfgate.com]

Imagine being stuck with a great ticket in the non-vaccine sections....lol...jk....

If there is a rescheduled tour, have a feeling the new L.A. stadium will get the nod to replace San Diego - at least that's a hope...and only if there's vaccinated sections...thumbs up

I will be there too. Pit and all seats in proximity to band/crew should be vaccinated sections. I will look to be by the soundboard and I know you will be in the pit.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 15, 2021 08:07

MisterDDDD
TumblinDice76
Any word on how the NFL would feel about having an extra 40,000 plus fans in their venues on an off day? Just curious, I'm going to assume the NFL would like to be close to full capacity themselves by Fall. Can't see any team signing off any concerts in their venues if the NFL itself isn't going to be at 100% capacity.

I'm going to assume the NFL will move to full capacity, along with other entertainment venues, schools etc. by fall.

Not saying rescheduling a US only tour for fall is going to be easy..
Just saying they will.

Similar to Bigger Bang where they juggled football stadiums with college stadiums, arenas, and race tracks.
Where there's a will($$$) there's a way.

don't forget baseball stadiums including Fenway where the tour started.

plexi

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 15, 2021 20:01

If everyone in the US above 16 can be fully vaccinated by mid-June, why would having a US tour this fall be significantly more dangerous than having it in 2022?

Date: April 15, 2021 20:13

NashvilleBlues
If everyone in the US above 16 can be fully vaccinated by mid-June, why would having a US tour this fall be significantly more dangerous than having it in 2022?

Could be an issue with the various regulations from state to state that haven't been fully established yet, not to mention there's also the numerous mutations and variants that continue to evolve from day to day
There's also still the fact the vaccines aren't 100% effective. There's research being done on possible booster shots being needed. Until these issues are resolved, doubt insurance companies will sign off on a band as old as the Stones are. I'd say even 2022 is questionable, because the older they get, the harder it will be to get the insurance - especially if they plan on performing in massive stadiums with thousand upon thousand of people.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 15, 2021 21:07

NashvilleBlues

simply put: The more time you have the more data you get. the more data you have the better your prognosis are.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 15, 2021 21:13

I am ready to tour any time, but I don't think the world is ready for any major tours until most people are vaccinated. It will take a while.

May be smaller crowds with a few hundred people are ok, but a large tour with 50,000 people x 15 shows? Hard to imagine during an active pandemic.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 21:16

daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows

[www.sfgate.com]

I will be there too. Pit and all seats in proximity to band/crew should be vaccinated sections. I will look to be by the soundboard and I know you will be in the pit.

Yeah! Stick those un-vaccinated in the back of the bus!!

maybe we should make them wear Yellow Stars so you know who to avoid in the parking lot and bathrooms too???

Separate AND Unequal....you sure have some odd ideas for a self-professed "liberal"

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 22:33

You can't have your cake and eat it too. I don't know why this is hard for some folks to understand.

Date: April 15, 2021 23:59

I understand the caution, trust me. Like I said, I work with 500 kids, most never wear masks. I’ve never had covid and I’m fully vaccinated. However, more time will always be better, but if everyone over 16 has a chance to be fully vaccinated by mid-June here in the US, concerts should be revving back up. Some will never be comfortable. Some will always let covid rule their lives. I will not.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 16, 2021 00:31

NashvilleBlues
I understand the caution, trust me. Like I said, I work with 500 kids, most never wear masks. I’ve never had covid and I’m fully vaccinated. However, more time will always be better, but if everyone over 16 has a chance to be fully vaccinated by mid-June here in the US, concerts should be revving back up. Some will never be comfortable. Some will always let covid rule their lives. I will not.

smileys with beer
Still sitting on tickets for Nashville.. hoping Music City makes the cut after they undoubtably shake up this legs current schedule. cool smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 16, 2021 00:53

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows

[www.sfgate.com]

Yeah! Stick those un-vaccinated in the back of the bus!!

maybe we should make them wear Yellow Stars so you know who to avoid in the parking lot and bathrooms too???

Separate AND Unequal....you sure have some odd ideas for a self-professed "liberal"

A vaccine is optional. If you get it you can enjoy all the benefits, if you don't too bad. Skin color, race, religion, sexual orientation are not optional. Discriminations on those accounts is wrong. Funny how those who GQP types use those methods as a means of discrimination pull the separate but equal when it applies to something that is a personal decision.

Red stars would be better.

Date: April 16, 2021 00:57

I’m looking forward to it. Their last Nashville show was my first Stones concert. Row 11 Keith’s side, right behind Michelle Williams (actress, Brad Paisley’s wife). Luck would have it, my second show was DC 2019. Row 6 Keith’s side. I’m not worthy of the treat that was Mercy Mercy. I digress.

Can’t imagine them taking Nashville off the tour. I’m sure they loved all the country stars backstage. Hell, Carrie Underwood joined the opener, Brad Paisley, and she could fill Bridgestone herself. My friend (big Elvis freak) introduced me to DJ Fontana (Elvis’ drummer; #14 drummer all-time [Rolling Stone Magazine]). Charlie is a huge fan and DJ Fontana ended up backstage. So damn cool!

Hope you make it. I have Lucky Dips. Fingers crossed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-16 00:59 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: April 16, 2021 00:58

bv
I am ready to tour any time, but I don't think the world is ready for any major tours until most people are vaccinated. It will take a while.

May be smaller crowds with a few hundred people are ok, but a large tour with 50,000 people x 15 shows? Hard to imagine during an active pandemic.

True, it's very hard to imagine - especially when considering a tour from a band whose in their late '70's, and the drummer who will be 80! We all want the pandemic to end sooner rather than later,
and I'm happy I've got one vaccination shot down with one to go, but it's going to take some time. I doubt the Stones would ever take the risk of exposing themselves and fans to illness when there's still a long ways to go.

Date: April 16, 2021 01:11

NashvilleBlues
Hope you make it. I have Lucky Dips. Fingers crossed!

Same, on all counts. (sitting on two sets of LD's)

One thing about Nashville, it's sure to be open for business, regardless it seems winking smiley
(perhaps they do two there to offset other shows with closed venues etc)

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 16, 2021 01:13

The Red State tour

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 16, 2021 02:50

I’ve had both jabs and I’m anxious to get back to concerts. San Diego was the only Rolling Stones show I had a ticket for, and the stadium has been completely demolished. I’m hoping they’ll reschedule for Petco Park.

Date: April 16, 2021 02:57

Send It To me
The Red State tour

By then, that likely won't be a factor, but planning could easily start now for Nashville and a few others..winking smiley

Date: April 16, 2021 03:12

likecats
I’ve had both jabs and I’m anxious to get back to concerts. San Diego was the only Rolling Stones show I had a ticket for, and the stadium has been completely demolished. I’m hoping they’ll reschedule for Petco Park.

While I had tix for both San Diego and Dallas (w/lucky dips for the latter), turned out San Diego would have been the only one I could attend after all, and then the pandemic...
Would be nice to revisit Petco w/the the Stones again as I've seen them at least two or three times there throughout the years, but I don't think that will in the cards fr a variety of reasons.
My prediction to replace the demolished San Diego stadium on the itinerary would either be the brand new stadium in L.A., or the brand new stadium in Las Vegas - both state of the art, and both needing some breaking in.
Whichever one I'll do my best to be there -especially L.A. as I live just an hour north, but it probably wont be until spring/summer 2022 at the earliest (if at all), so plenty of time to ponder and daydream.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-16 03:14 by Hairball.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 16, 2021 03:42

I agree with you about L.A. and L.V. I think it’s more likely those will take the place of S.D. If I recall correctly, when the show was cancelled we were told we would get some kind of priority for tix for a new show. I wonder if that will really happen.

Date: April 16, 2021 03:49

I'm not sure about that likecats as I opted for a refund as soon as they became available (as I did with all concerts by all bands), which was well before the SD show was ultimately cancelled,
Guess I'll have to deal with going back to the end of the line if there ever is a tour, but in the meantime I've made my all my refunded money work for me in the stock market.thumbs up

Date: April 16, 2021 23:27

bv

BV, sad but I've got to agree. In lots of the US vaccines doses are starting to pile up. Numbers of people with two shot in the 30-35% range, long way from 70-80% crowd immunity.

No large shows for me in 2021. Make a believer out of me first.
I want to see my 400th show and live to tell.winking smiley

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 16, 2021 23:43

And just to build on MidnightDevilRambler's post....I live in IL and my employer provided us with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine 2 weeks ago yesterday. So I am good to go. My sister (age 46) is a school teacher and went over a year without getting COVID. She had her second Pfizer vaccination on March 11th. On Monday, April 12th she tested positive and was sick with COVID. So just a reminder that after getting vaccinated, you can still pass it along to others and get it yourself. I didn't post this (I debated all week to post or not post) to start a political debate or ruffle any feathers. Just posted as a reminder that we still don't know a whole lot about COVID over 1 year in and we know even less about how long vaccinations last. I'd say we are still a good ways away from mass gatherings. Again, no need to reply to my post with negativity (not what I attended) just realize I am passing along facts.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 17, 2021 00:03

TumblinDice76
And just to build on MidnightDevilRambler's post....I live in IL and my employer provided us with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine 2 weeks ago yesterday. So I am good to go. My sister (age 46) is a school teacher and went over a year without getting COVID. She had her second Pfizer vaccination on March 11th. On Monday, April 12th she tested positive and was sick with COVID. So just a reminder that after getting vaccinated, you can still pass it along to others and get it yourself. I didn't post this (I debated all week to post or not post) to start a political debate or ruffle any feathers. Just posted as a reminder that we still don't know a whole lot about COVID over 1 year in and we know even less about how long vaccinations last. I'd say we are still a good ways away from mass gatherings. Again, no need to reply to my post with negativity (not what I attended) just realize I am passing along facts.

This is great news (I also received my second Pfizer vaccine a few weeks ago). (Note for millennials -- this is sarcasm).

There is nothing political about this discussion.

I think you answered the question about why vaccinations do not necessarily indicate a return to "normal" if "normal" includes arena or stadium rock shows. At least for me.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 17, 2021 06:51

MidnightDevilRambler
bv

BV, sad but I've got to agree. In lots of the US vaccines doses are starting to pile up. Numbers of people with two shot in the 30-35% range, long way from 70-80% crowd immunity.

Mike

is that 400 Stones shows or 400 in general?

plexi

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: April 17, 2021 11:25

Interesting enough :

Few days ago, it was still possible to buy tickets from France on ticketmaster.com for the No Filter US postponed Tour 2020.

Now it is impossible and it seems that my location (France) does not me allow to access to the selling.

Does it mean that a reschedule is in process but only for local people ?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 17, 2021 11:38

Hairball
daspyknows

[www.sfgate.com]

I wouldn't be surprised if they put the new stadium in Vegas on the tour if/when it happens.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 17, 2021 15:58

RiffKichards
Interesting enough :

Few days ago, it was still possible to buy tickets from France on ticketmaster.com for the No Filter US postponed Tour 2020.

Now it is impossible and it seems that my location (France) does not me allow to access to the selling.

I'm in Finland and no problem accessing the Stones tickets on Ticketmaster here...what kind of an error message did you get?

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: April 17, 2021 16:36

MidnightDevilRambler
bv

Just to clarify Midnight. 400th live show? Or 400th live Stones show?

Mike

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: April 17, 2021 17:06

Topi
RiffKichards
Interesting enough :

I'm in Finland and no problem accessing the Stones tickets on Ticketmaster here...what kind of an error message did you get?

That’s ok now. It was a bad setting of my account or internet browser (I have changed few parameters). Thank you for your reply.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home