Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 157
Re: Will The Stones Ever Play Again?
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 31, 2021 01:13

They have released one new studio album with original material in almost 23years.I’d say they are pretty much retired except for their live shows of greatest hits.Still great if they play again

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 31, 2021 01:17

There's enough concert films of them to see them play forever

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 31, 2021 01:21

It would be a dream come true if some of the vacant spots at the Royal Albert Hall in summer 2022 are being kept open for them. I imagine that a residency somewhere like there is more likely than a tour.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 31, 2021 01:21

They are holding back the release of the new Album until March 2022. 60 years and counting,

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 31, 2021 03:58

Don't think so, if they can't play large stadiums and make lots of money, why bother? For a long time their tours have been just a business to make as much as possible, playing basically the same songs over and over, and COVID won't allow for large gatherings so probably is over....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2021 04:05

24FPS
Please. 2022 is the 60th year. (Can you believe it?) There's pent up demand to see them. What else does Charlie have to do? God willing, they'll be out there.

Yeah, barring anything unfortunate/unforeseen I can't imagine they would get to 2022 and decide to NOT go on tour. Seems incomprehensible.

Save your money, 2022 will be an expensive year between a tour and celebratory releases.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 31, 2021 05:32

Pay attention

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 31, 2021 06:28

Yes, if possible, they will tour in 2022. However, If one of the four is not able to tour - the band will be faced with a tough decision. If Mick or Keith were unable to tour then the Rolling Stones would no longer tour. My guess is up until the covid pandemic they never considered touring into 2022. It’s all speculation though and I’m keeping a positive thought. I think we will see the Rolling Stones
will tour in 2022.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 31, 2021 08:03

You HAVE heard their final LP and it's BLUE AND LONESOME.

Not a bad last LP.

If they release another one soonish, say by 2022, and you hear it, then that will have just been extended by one. Considering all that they have released... we should all be pleased regardless if that's the way it is.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 31, 2021 08:37

They’ll perform again, I’m sure. Could they undertake a world tour at the moment? No. They ditched that model after the A Bigger Bang Tour, anyway.

There’s no reason why they can’t perform shows’ in a nation that has covid relatively under control. Other countries will have to wait, unfortunately.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2021 09:18

ROPENI
Don't think so, if they can't play large stadiums and make lots of money, why bother? For a long time their tours have been just a business to make as much as possible, playing basically the same songs over and over, and COVID won't allow for large gatherings so probably is over....

Yes, making tons of money and playing to massive crowds had to be the main drive given that they stopped making new music years ago. So it would have to be smaller crowds and even crazier ticket prices, think O2/2012 x 2/3 careful what you wish for!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 31, 2021 12:40

Too many folk listening to Doom and gloom and tuning into the negative.Stick Start me up on and let’s get ready for the buggers to drain our bank balances yet again.

Date: March 31, 2021 18:05

jbwelda
I think they should tour on the back of their current hit album, Fully Finished Studio Outtakes and feature many of the songs in their set.

jb

Yeah... Fully Finished Studio Outtakes Tour 2022

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 31, 2021 18:25

They will tour for many more years, starting 2022. Just make sure you are fully vaccinated.

Give me one more
One more shot
And it’s all I got
Give me one more shot

Bjornulf

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 31, 2021 18:45

Bonnaroo in TN just announced their line-up for Sept. THIS year. Seems optimistic- but perhaps an encouraging sign.

Date: March 31, 2021 19:06

I see no reason why tours cannot begin in September, at least in the US. By then everyone that wants to be vaccinated will be. Whatever vaccinated vs non vaccinated policies that would be in place next year can be started in September.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: March 31, 2021 19:44

Whatever we may wish for......time waits for no-one.
Playing drums for 2 hours in you are 80+ yrs is not the same as drumming in your 20s.
And singing for 2 hours at 79 yrs is very hard work.

The Stones have given their lives to music and I for one am content.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2021 19:46

makemeburnthecandle
I see no reason why tours cannot begin in September, at least in the US. By then everyone that wants to be vaccinated will be. Whatever vaccinated vs non vaccinated policies that would be in place next year can be started in September.

Agree.
I'm still optimistic about them being able to complete this leg of the tour.
If it does, late August through Sept./early Oct would potentially work well.
Vaccine proofs = full capacity is coming relatively soon for large events I believe.

Some revisions will have to be made of course..
New location for the closed San Diego stadium, perhaps Austin as well. Then there's the juggling of stadiums with the NFL, but that is typically not too difficult to overcome.
Perhaps the new Vegas stadium for two shows could replace a couple.

One growing concern for me, because I love it, is 45 minutes from home, and I am sitting on tix, is the Vancouver show. Vaccines are lagging in BC, and moving the show across borders, may be a stumbling block regardless for a while.

Date: March 31, 2021 19:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-31 19:50 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 31, 2021 20:54

bv
They will tour for many more years, starting 2022. Just make sure you are fully vaccinated.

Give me one more
One more shot
And it’s all I got
Give me one more shot

Spring or more likely Summer 2022 could be a possibility I suppose, but still have heavy doubts these postponed shows will ever be rescheduled.
Given their age, and the inevitable insurance problems (which I believe there were even pre-pandemic), not to mention the vaccines, the proof of vaccines, etc., etc., etc... a year seems like a lifetime away...
Hoping they perform in the UK again -specifically England, and more specifically London...and ever more specific than that Royal Albert Hall. Alot of speculation and wishful thinking, but have to have some hope.

It's just a shot away...................

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 31, 2021 21:39

makemeburnthecandle

Half a year ago we did not have the variants from UK, Brazil, South Africa. They are a lot more infectious, a lot more end up in hospital, and the vaccines are not that effective. Some call them covid-20, a whole new virus to deal with, and the reason for the new waves this year.

We do not know what will happen during the next six months, but we do know that countries like Brazil will generate more variants because the virus is out of control there still, like other places, and these places are breeding places for variants. USA is not like Australia, people - and the new variants - arrive every day by flights.

The Rolling Stones do have a crew from both US and UK, and their members are all 70+ of age. The vaccine is not a 100% protection. Insurance and economy, as well as their health safety, will be a concern for still a while.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 1, 2021 08:59

"many more years"?

Are the Stones inoculated? Given their age , welthyness, preassure ....
Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: April 1, 2021 16:10

WhatsApp do you think Witherspoon all respect

Re: Are the Stones inoculated? Given their age , welthyness, preassure ....
Date: April 1, 2021 16:20

Re: Are the Stones inoculated? Given their age , welthyness, preassure ....
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 1, 2021 16:26

they'll be in some basement room / with a needle and a spoon…

Re: Are the Stones inoculated? Given their Age , Wealth, Blood Pressure ....
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 1, 2021 16:53

They're a man of Welthyness and Tastyness

Re: Are the Stones inoculated? Given their Age , Wealth, Blood Pressure ....
Date: April 1, 2021 18:07

Starting to see things pick up a bit in terms of concert scheduling for this summer.
Good sign.

James Taylor & Jackson Browne reschedule their US tour for this summer

Last January, James Taylor and Jackson Browne announced a joint U.S. tour to take place in May of 2020. Of course, it had to be canceled due to COVID-19, so it was postponed to May of this year. However, now the trek has been rescheduled again. The good news is that it'll actually take place this year, rather than 2022.

The tour, featuring James and his All-Star Band, with Browne as a special guest, gets underway July 29 in Chicago and runs through August 28 in Holmdel, New Jersey.
"We didn't want to have to cancel this tour that we've been waiting so long to perform together, so we've been working to get these dates rescheduled to a time period when the U.S. is reopened and safe to gather for a concert," they continue.

"Of course we will be keeping a close eye and abide with all health and safety protocols throughout each venue and state," James and Jackson add. "We can't wait to get back on stage and see you out there soon."
[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Bonnaroo may have moved to the fall this year – with new dates scheduled for Sept. 2-5, 2021 – but Tennessee concert-goers will still have several opportunities to enjoy songs under the summer sky during the festival’s Concerts on the Farm series.

Billy Strings is scheduled to perform on the Bonnaroo grounds on May 28, Jon Pardi will perform on May 29 and The Avett Brothers are set to close things out with a trio of concerts on July 2, 3 and 4. Each of these socially distanced shows will be set up in 4-person pods throughout the grounds.
[www.eponymousreview.com]

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer - The vaunted Hella Mega Tour that was scheduled to hit stadiums across the country has been rescheduled to summer 2021 kicking off in July and ending in late August.
[www.audacy.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 1, 2021 18:30

Planned doesn't quite mean it will happen.

Date: April 1, 2021 18:36

daspyknows
Planned doesn't quite mean it will happen.

Obviously.

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: April 1, 2021 22:55

an industry insider says The Stones are going to do some virtual shows and the prices will be high. No word on when or where or what but that is what he said.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home