Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2021 20:05

I just read that the band Kaleo (who opened a couple of dates for the Stones in 2019) - has had to reschedule their show at Red Rock Ampitheater for the second time now.

Originally scheduled for 7/21/2020
Then moved to this year 7/19/2021
And now moved to next year 5/16/2022

Not sure what other upcoming shows may or may not be affected at the venue, but I have a feeling that more will be postponed, rescheduled, or cancelled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 20:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 27, 2021 04:26

So I got a survey today from GoldenVoice (they did Desert Trip) asking about live concerts. They wanted to know how many live concerts I attended annually pre-pandemic, how many concerts I live-streamed during the last year, how much I would pay to live-stream concerts, how I feel about concert employees wearing masks, audience members wearing masks, employees getting temperature checks, audience members getting temperature checks, how I feel about attending outdoor concerts, indoor concerts and how many concerts I plan to attend annually post-pandemic. There were no questions about vaccinations. And of course, they asked my age group.

I heard on the radio that the MLB (major league baseball) in some cities will have certain areas in the stands just for vaccinated fans.

Date: March 28, 2021 06:35

Not surprised, but saddened to hear the Ventura County Fair has had to cancel again this year.
Usually held the first couple of weeks in August, it's a massive two week long event held at the Ventura County Fairgounds right along the coast with thousands visiting daily...lots of food, folks, and fun!
Was hoping they could pull it off somehow, but seems even a large outdoor event such as this with thousands upon thousands wanting to attend would be a logistical nightmare.
The Fair then normally moves to L.A. County after Ventura County, but seeing that it's a larger fairground with many more people attending, can't see how that will possibly move forward.
Gonna miss it all including the free concerts, the livestock, the ferris wheel, the thrill rides, the pig races, the great bbq, the corndogs, all the junk food, and the heartburn that follows. Maybe next year...

edit: Found this cool pic from 2019 showing a small section of the fairgrounds near the entrance looking west across the vast Pacific...the things we took for granted...the way it was...

FAIR 2019

Attendance Tops 300,000 At 2019 Ventura County Fair
The 2019 Ventura County Fair is now history, and just released figures show attendance was up this year.
More than 302,000 people attended this year’s fair, an increase of about 1.3% from 2018. This year’s fair
featured a number of new ride and food offerings, as well as traditional fair elements like livestock shows
and agricultural exhibits. Almost 16,000 people took part in competitive exhibitions like arts and crafts.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-28 06:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: March 30, 2021 05:02

In America Baseball starts this week with some stadiums at 100% capacity-

UFC- mixed martial arts- is having an indoor arena 100% crowd 15,000 person event UFC 261 in Jacksonville, Florida on April 24.
[nypost.com]

and planning another 100% capacity event in Houston on May 15

Texas' COVID numbers fall for the 17th consecutive day following Gov. Abbott's 100% reopening of the state and lifting of the mask mandate
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Most interesting is reports that Biden Administration will have no federal mandate for vaccine passports and no plans for a vaccine database.
[thepointsguy.com]

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 30, 2021 06:24

artedm

UFC- mixed martial arts- is having an indoor arena 100% crowd 15,000 person event UFC 261 in Jacksonville, Florida on April 24.
[nypost.com]

Texas' COVID numbers fall for the 17th consecutive day following Gov. Abbott's 100% reopening of the state and lifting of the mask mandate
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Most interesting is reports that Biden Administration will have no federal mandate for vaccine passports and no plans for a vaccine database.
[thepointsguy.com]

Are these faux news sites, or is that just fox news?

Date: March 30, 2021 06:25

All of this happening as Dr. Rochelle Walensky (head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) warns of a new surge and "impending doom"

“I’m going to lose the script and I’m going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom. Right now I’m scared.” - Dr. Walensky

From Reuters:

Biden urges states to pause COVID-19 reopenings as CDC warns of 'impending doom'

Covid19

"...the administration issued a stark warning: cases are rising, hospitalizations are increasing, and deaths
are multiplying from the disease that has already killed roughly 550,000 people in the United States".

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 30, 2021 06:39

Hairball
Not surprised, but saddened to hear the Ventura County Fair has had to cancel again this year.
Usually held the first couple of weeks in August, it's a massive two week long event held at the Ventura County Fairgounds right along the coast with thousands visiting daily...lots of food, folks, and fun!
Was hoping they could pull it off somehow, but seems even a large outdoor event such as this with thousands upon thousands wanting to attend would be a logistical nightmare.
The Fair then normally moves to L.A. County after Ventura County, but seeing that it's a larger fairground with many more people attending, can't see how that will possibly move forward.
Gonna miss it all including the free concerts, the livestock, the ferris wheel, the thrill rides, the pig races, the great bbq, the corndogs, all the junk food, and the heartburn that follows. Maybe next year...

edit: Found this cool pic from 2019 showing a small section of the fairgrounds near the entrance looking west across the vast Pacific...the things we took for granted...the way it was...

FAIR 2019

Attendance Tops 300,000 At 2019 Ventura County Fair
The 2019 Ventura County Fair is now history, and just released figures show attendance was up this year.
More than 302,000 people attended this year’s fair, an increase of about 1.3% from 2018. This year’s fair
featured a number of new ride and food offerings, as well as traditional fair elements like livestock shows
and agricultural exhibits. Almost 16,000 people took part in competitive exhibitions like arts and crafts.

I fondly remember the Grateful Dead shows there. What kind of lineup do they typically get? I miss the Marin County Fair up here July 4th weekend.

Date: March 30, 2021 07:07

Nothing too major, standard fair type bands, some over the hill, some out to pasture ha....but for free with the price of admission, can't complain.
In 2019 my wife and I saw Tommy James and the Shondells at 1:00 in the afternoon, and he was great -my wife even got a hug from him when he came down to the audience!
There was also George Thorogood, and several others in 2019 - Styx I think, but only went one day. Saw UB40 in 2018 or 2017...not bad for free...

Bob Dylan and Phil Lesh in 2001 might have been the best, but can't remember if that was free, or had to pay extra....maybe it wasn't even during the fair, but was at the fairgrounds.
And also Smokey Robinson around that time. I took my mom to see Tony Bennett, but honestly can't recall if it was at the fair or somewhere else.
And the Grass Roots (Midnight Confessions) along with the band that sings Green Eyed Lady back in the early '90s' on the small stage in the middle of the day ...free...while eating junk food....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-30 07:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2021 07:19

Sounds like a good time if you don't remember much! winking smiley

Date: March 30, 2021 07:30

Well...haha...these things tend to overlap over time, and with the amount of concerts I used to attend over many years, things can get a bit fuzzy in the memory department.
Surprised I even remembered seeing the Grass Roots...might have only been one original member, but somehow it was memorable ...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 30, 2021 07:44

artedm

[nypost.com]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[thepointsguy.com]

Texas and Florida are states that pretend Covid doesn't exist.

Your points guy is wrong too.

[news.yahoo.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 30, 2021 16:14

Green Eyed Lady-Sugarloaf! Had no idea they still toured! To bad Creed Bratton still doesn't tour with The Grass Roots.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 30, 2021 17:47

daspyknows
artedm

[nypost.com]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[thepointsguy.com]

Texas and Florida are states that pretend Covid doesn't exist.

Your points guy is wrong too.

[news.yahoo.com]

[www.bloomberg.com]

The U.S. government “is not viewing its role as the place to create a passport, nor a place to hold the data of citizens,” Andy Slavitt, a White House Covid-19 adviser, said Monday in a briefing.

[www.wusa9.com]

The White House, meanwhile is ruling out the creation of a national “vaccine passport” for Americans to verify their immunization status, saying it is leaving it to the private sector to develop a system for people show they've been vaccinated. Some other countries are establishing national databases to allow vaccinated people to resume normal activities.

in your defense, your article was yesterday...I guess whoever is in charge changed their mind today.

they'll probably change it again...so, just be patient.

Date: March 30, 2021 19:08

TumblinDice76
Green Eyed Lady-Sugarloaf! Had no idea they still toured! To bad Creed Bratton still doesn't tour with The Grass Roots.

Ha, yes Sugarloaf. thumbs up

Not sure if they still tour or not - as I mentioned it was in the early '90's when I saw both of those bands at the fair w/maybe one original member in each of them.
But it was still fun...to be at an outdoor fair with the nostalgic live music floating through the air...fond memories.

edit: Green Eyed Lady has been stuck in my head since posting last night...also Midnight Confessions....smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-30 19:10 by Hairball.

Will The Stones Ever Play Again?
Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: March 30, 2021 21:35

I’m beginning to think that 2019 was the last time I will ever have seen the Stones live. I don’t think this Fall is going to happen. COVID seems to be on the upswing again and people won’t take precautions here in the U.S. Charlie will be 82 Fall 2022, Mick 79 and Keith 78. It just won’t be safe for them. Who knows if it will be safe for concertgoers even then with new strains emerging in different countries? They probably will never again be able to do a “world tour.” Who knew a virus would be what ended the indestructible Stones?
I always said I didn’t want to know when my last time seeing the Stones was actually the final time. Guess I got my wish.
I’ll be 65 this year. Been a fan since I was 13. Saw them for the first time when I was 21, eleven times since.
I really had hoped I would see them one last time and hear their final album before my number was up. Guess that won’t happen now. But for now I have all the great memories and all the great music. My life has been so enriched by the Stones.
Thanks guys.

Re: Will The Stones Ever Play Again?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 30, 2021 22:02

Please. 2022 is the 60th year. (Can you believe it?) There's pent up demand to see them. What else does Charlie have to do? God willing, they'll be out there.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2021 22:09

...of course they will ... its what they do ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 30, 2021 22:13

When I look at Micks video of Pride Before a Fall, I don't see a guy who's ready to retire

video: [fb.watch]

Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: March 30, 2021 22:17

I didn’t say they wouldn’t be willing or that there wouldn’t be a demand to see them. I said I don’t know if venues will be open to large crowds and whether they would be physically up to it or whether they’d want to take the risk at their ages. Read my post.
I’m still going to hold on to my ticket from 2020 until told otherwise. I am also quite aware that it’s their 60th year.
I was just making an observation. No reason for you to be rude about it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2021 22:23

Heck!! .... how did you know
I was sitting here with no trousers on ??..... hhhhaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 30, 2021 22:46

Okay

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 30, 2021 22:48

Yes they will play again and it will be wonderful.

See you there.

Nate

Date: March 30, 2021 22:56

Chances of them rescheduling any massive US stadium shows becomes even less of a reality as each day goes by - in fact I think there's zero chance of that.
But maybe a few small shows in various small venues throughout England, followed by and culminating in a multi-night stand at the historical Royal Albert Hall.
Even though I'd like to see them again some day in the US, I'd rather see them go out in style and class with the above scenario....it would be the perfect ending for them all.
And there's even the possibility I'd cross the pond specifically to see them - wouldn't be the first time, but more than likely would be the last time considering their age.

Date: March 30, 2021 22:56

I've wondered this about the Stones, too. I"m sure we can all agree that the demand and desire exist both on the Stones' end and the fans' end-- but I completely agree with CrosseyedHeart's analysis of the Covid situation (y'all remember that small thing that put the world on pause?)

I am optimistic that we're getting much closer to a form of normal in the US, though. Still, I'd be lying if I said I'd be the first in line to buy tickets to a Stones show (or most anyone for that matter.) I have a pair of tickets to see Harry Styles in October 2021 & I'm tempted to try selling them both off.

All I know is when concerts start back up, it's gonna feel real weird.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 30, 2021 23:33

CrosseyedHeart
I didn’t say they wouldn’t be willing or that there wouldn’t be a demand to see them. I said I don’t know if venues will be open to large crowds and whether they would be physically up to it or whether they’d want to take the risk at their ages. Read my post.
I’m still going to hold on to my ticket from 2020 until told otherwise. I am also quite aware that it’s their 60th year.
I was just making an observation. No reason for you to be rude about it.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Time will tell. But you can be sure there will not be large crowd concerts, like we used to know, let alone extensive tours. They will make their post-covid come back special around their 60st Anniversary (I feel weird while writing 60 ... pinching in my arm whether I'm awake cool smiley)

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2021 23:42

smileys with beer

Rockman
...of course they will ... its what they do ...

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 31, 2021 00:42

I think they should tour on the back of their current hit album, Fully Finished Studio Outtakes and feature many of the songs in their set.

jb

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 31, 2021 00:58

I'll say yes.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: March 31, 2021 01:04

yes.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 31, 2021 01:12

Yes of course they will play live again 2022 will be a big year . Hey its just what they do......

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home