Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 16, 2021 16:49

Ringo Starr and the All-Star band still have the tour scheduled in the US for this summer…

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 16, 2021 21:12

sarahunwin
Ringo Starr and the All-Star band still have the tour scheduled in the US for this summer…

Ringo just announced last night on Stephen Colbert's show that his summer All-Starr Band tour will be postponed until 2022. I expect most major summer tours to follow suit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 23:28 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2021 21:18

TornAndFried
sarahunwin

Ringo announced last night on Stephen Gilbert's sbow that his summer All-Starr Band tour will be postponed until 2022. I expect most major summer tours to follow suit.

I've never seen Ringo with or without his many different All Star bands, but come 2022 I might have to check it out!
Would have liked to have seen him when Joe Walsh was with him, but not sure whose in the band now...
I think I recall the lead singer of Men at Work might have been one of them...and maybe Steve Lukather from Toto...?
On second thought, I dunno...maybe will have to pass on all that, but plenty of time to figure it out..and Ringo will be 81!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 21:18 by Hairball.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 16, 2021 21:49

Current Line up:
Ringo Starr
Colin Hay
Steve Lukather
Greg Rolie
Hamish Stuart
Warren Ham
Gregg Bisonette

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 16, 2021 22:40

Hairball
TornAndFried
sarahunwin

Ringo announced last night on Stephen Gilbert's sbow that his summer All-Starr Band tour will be postponed until 2022. I expect most major summer tours to follow suit.

I've never seen Ringo with or without his many different All Star bands, but come 2022 I might have to check it out!
Would have liked to have seen him when Joe Walsh was with him, but not sure whose in the band now...
I think I recall the lead singer of Men at Work might have been one of them...and maybe Steve Lukather from Toto...?
On second thought, I dunno...maybe will have to pass on all that, but plenty of time to figure it out..and Ringo will be 81!

Ringo's shows are just fun.

You won't walk out saying it was the best show ever, but you'll walk out with a smile on your face thinking it was an enjoyable evening.

I've seen many incarnations of his band, from having Jack Bruce, Randy Bachman, Billy Preston, to the most recent version (which I didn't think I'd care for but my son wanted to go, but it was very good).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 22:52 by kovach.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 17, 2021 01:16

TumblinDice76
Current Line up:
Ringo Starr
Colin Hay
Steve Lukather
Greg Rolie
Hamish Stuart
Warren Ham
Gregg Bisonette

Gregg Bisonette, great drummer. Was with David Lee Roth in the 80s and also played with Joe Satriani.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 17, 2021 02:13

DGA35
TumblinDice76
Current Line up:
Ringo Starr
Colin Hay
Steve Lukather
Greg Rolie
Hamish Stuart
Warren Ham
Gregg Bisonette

Gregg Bisonette, great drummer. Was with David Lee Roth in the 80s and also played with Joe Satriani.

Hamish Stuart (formerly of Average White band) played in McCartney's band from 1989-1993. His resume is looking better and better.

I saw Ringo in 2014 when Todd Rundgren was in the band (and got a hi-five from him and the end). A lot of fun fer sure.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 17, 2021 02:50

Unfortunately it's extremely relevant to the remote idea of the Stones touring this year (they won't) yet alone life. Any of it: anti-vaxxers, more vaccines, states jumping to being "free" - all relevant.

Discerning the truth from the noise is just as relevant if not more so.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 17, 2021 10:24

Ringo Starr's shows must be safe - nobody was going anyway!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 17, 2021 13:14

Topi
Ringo Starr's shows must be safe - nobody was going anyway!

Date: March 17, 2021 21:57

Interesting , yet not very promising or surprising article from Pittsburgh w/mention of the Stones:

When Will Live Shows Return To Pittsburgh’s Silent Concert Venues?

"Concert halls, arenas and stadiums have been silent for a year now, and those looking to rock this summer
will likely be disappointed. Kenny Chesney won’t be coming, nor will the Stones or Springsteen".

ConcertsCovid19

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Live concerts have been on hold for more than a year now, and many are wondering what the future looks like for live music. With vaccines kicking into gear and herd immunity on the horizon, you’d think people could be rocking again this summer. But music promoters say it not that simple. “?My favorite guitarist of all time, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd. The next one, Bob Dylan. The third one, the original Who,” said music promoter Rich Engler. Engler has known them all and produced their shows, but after more than 6,000 concerts and 51 years in the business, he’s never seen a time in his life like this — the year the music died. “There’s been bad years and there’s been phenomenal years, but never a year just wiped away, and people’s lives too, it’s crazy,” he said.

Concert halls, arenas and stadiums have been silent for a year now and those looking to rock this summer will likely be disappointed. Kenny Chesney won’t be coming, nor will the Stones or Springsteen. “Everybody’s on the sidelines. I’ve been talking to Bruce’s camp. It’s the same thing,” said Engler. Engler is looking to book some shows but can’t make them work with capacity limits at 20 percent and doesn’t want to advertise or pay the bands up front if he needs to move those dates. Even if herd immunity kicks in June or July, that won’t give promoters time enough to plan big shows. “At the theater, and arena and stadium level — way too risky. Everybody’s praying for the fall,” said Engler.

Kevin McMahon of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust says, “there are many variables out there.” The summer may not be an entire washout. Allegheny County does not yet have a line-up for free concerts at Hartwood Acres and South Park but says it is going ahead with scheduling them. And McMahon says there will be some concerts with limited attendances at the Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival. The Trust has begun scheduling its Broadway Play series beginning in September but concedes most concerts and theater events will need to wait until later. “When does that start up again? Our best assumption right now is certainly still the fall. That’s what we’re planning,” said McMahon. It’ll leave a whole industry to stand down for months to come. “The sound companies, the stagehands, the lighting companies, the roadies, some of the people on the low end don’t make a lot of money. They have to be really suffering,” Engler said. But Engler says don’t expect to get any discounts from the performers themselves, who are used to being and living like the rock stars they are. “They’re all spoiled. They get overpaid already. They’re not cutting anyone a break. It’s pay up or shut up or move over,” said Engler. Still, if vaccines pick up and venues get an all-clear early, Engler says some smaller shows could get scheduled in a hurry. But for now, the big acts will stay on the sidelines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-17 21:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 17, 2021 23:09

DGA35
TumblinDice76
Current Line up:
Ringo Starr
Colin Hay
Steve Lukather
Greg Rolie
Hamish Stuart
Warren Ham
Gregg Bisonette

Amazing drummer !!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 18, 2021 07:23

Hairball
Interesting , yet not very promising or surprising article from Pittsburgh w/mention of the Stones:

When Will Live Shows Return To Pittsburgh’s Silent Concert Venues?

"Concert halls, arenas and stadiums have been silent for a year now, and those looking to rock this summer
will likely be disappointed. Kenny Chesney won’t be coming, nor will the Stones or Springsteen".

ConcertsCovid19

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Live concerts have been on hold for more than a year now, and many are wondering what the future looks like for live music. With vaccines kicking into gear and herd immunity on the horizon, you’d think people could be rocking again this summer. But music promoters say it not that simple. “?My favorite guitarist of all time, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd. The next one, Bob Dylan. The third one, the original Who,” said music promoter Rich Engler. Engler has known them all and produced their shows, but after more than 6,000 concerts and 51 years in the business, he’s never seen a time in his life like this — the year the music died. “There’s been bad years and there’s been phenomenal years, but never a year just wiped away, and people’s lives too, it’s crazy,” he said.

Concert halls, arenas and stadiums have been silent for a year now and those looking to rock this summer will likely be disappointed. Kenny Chesney won’t be coming, nor will the Stones or Springsteen. “Everybody’s on the sidelines. I’ve been talking to Bruce’s camp. It’s the same thing,” said Engler. Engler is looking to book some shows but can’t make them work with capacity limits at 20 percent and doesn’t want to advertise or pay the bands up front if he needs to move those dates. Even if herd immunity kicks in June or July, that won’t give promoters time enough to plan big shows. “At the theater, and arena and stadium level — way too risky. Everybody’s praying for the fall,” said Engler.

Kevin McMahon of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust says, “there are many variables out there.” The summer may not be an entire washout. Allegheny County does not yet have a line-up for free concerts at Hartwood Acres and South Park but says it is going ahead with scheduling them. And McMahon says there will be some concerts with limited attendances at the Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival. The Trust has begun scheduling its Broadway Play series beginning in September but concedes most concerts and theater events will need to wait until later. “When does that start up again? Our best assumption right now is certainly still the fall. That’s what we’re planning,” said McMahon. It’ll leave a whole industry to stand down for months to come. “The sound companies, the stagehands, the lighting companies, the roadies, some of the people on the low end don’t make a lot of money. They have to be really suffering,” Engler said. But Engler says don’t expect to get any discounts from the performers themselves, who are used to being and living like the rock stars they are. “They’re all spoiled. They get overpaid already. They’re not cutting anyone a break. It’s pay up or shut up or move over,” said Engler. Still, if vaccines pick up and venues get an all-clear early, Engler says some smaller shows could get scheduled in a hurry. But for now, the big acts will stay on the sidelines.

none of this surprises me.

plexi

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2021 09:49

Especially that part : "But Engler says don’t expect to get any discounts from the performers themselves, who are used to being and living like the rock stars they are. “They’re all spoiled. They get overpaid already. They’re not cutting anyone a break. It’s pay up or shut up or move over"!

I'm not sure about that actually... there might be a "reset" of sorts after 25 years of crazy inflation that started with the Eagles" 94 tour, no?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 18, 2021 10:14

Read that Wrigley Field will allow concerts this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 10:15 by Topi.

Posted by: Stoned80 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 15:27

Topi

I have tix for 3 of those tours in other venues so I would certainly love for them to happen. Not very optimistic though

Date: March 18, 2021 18:26

Seems there's a alot of hope and optimism for those shows to happen at Wrigley Field, but it's far from being guaranteed - especially at full capacity.

From the Chicago Tribune:

Even now, it’s unclear if the shows will happen this summer. “We’ll be prepared in the event those concerts are allowed,” Cubs spokesman Julian Green said Tuesday.
It’s unclear how many concertgoers would be allowed at Wrigley Field this summer or if they would be required to take any special precautions to prevent the spread of the virus.
Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced last week more than 8,000 fans, 20% of capacity, will be allowed into the stands at the Cubs and White Sox parks this year.

From NBC5Chicago:

Lightfoot announced earlier this month that fans would be allowed to return to stands in a limited capacity at both Wrigley and Guaranteed Rate fields this season.
Both will be limited to 20% capacity, which at Wrigley Field 8,274 fans, compared to the normal capacity of 41,374.The city has not released any detailed information
about potentially allowing large-scale events to occur this year, though Lightfoot said last week that she was "very optimistic about summer activities and gatherings".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 18:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 18, 2021 18:38

Stoned80
Topi

I have tix for 3 of those tours in other venues so I would certainly love for them to happen. Not very optimistic though

It's a bit strange it comes from the stadium confirming single shows and not from artists confirming these shows or the whole tours.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 18, 2021 19:07

Adams
Stoned80
Topi

It's a bit strange it comes from the stadium confirming single shows and not from artists confirming these shows or the whole tours.

I seriously doubt these shows will happen unless the entire tour can happen with full crowds. Otherwise the accountants won't sign off. The tour needs to satisfy public health, bean counters and insurance companies in addition to the artists, promoters and fans.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 19, 2021 16:18

kovach
Hairball
TornAndFried
sarahunwin

You won't walk out saying it was the best show ever, but you'll walk out with a smile on your face thinking it was an enjoyable evening.

I've seen many incarnations of his band, from having Jack Bruce, Randy Bachman, Billy Preston, to the most recent version (which I didn't think I'd care for but my son wanted to go, but it was very good).

Totally agree- he’s fun!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 19, 2021 17:02

sarahunwin
kovach
Hairball
TornAndFried
sarahunwin

Totally agree- he’s fun!

I saw 1 of the tours where he had Todd Rundgren, Joe Walsh, Burton Cummings amongst others. It was at the Gorge in Washington state. The venue has awesome views & Ringo actually stopped the show so that he could watch the sunset over the Columbia River gorge. Great show.

Date: March 23, 2021 04:57

Kenny Chesney just postponed his summer stadium tour until 2022. I expect other summer tours to follow suit shortly. The odds that the Stones will be performing in North America this year are almost nil. [www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-23 05:03 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 23, 2021 05:44

Can't access the Rolling Stone article, but found this info. on Country Music Telvision website:

No shoes, no shirt—and no shows, until at least 2022.

Kenny Chesney

Music superstar and road warrior Kenny Chesney just announced he decided to delay his stadium tour until 2022. According to a release, each of the stadiums on his 2021 tour itinerary will host Chesney’s 2022 outing, which will feature a completely new tour name, new lineup and of course, new music. New dates are forthcoming. “We have waited for so long, I can’t play knowing I would disappoint a portion of No Shoes Nation who wouldn’t be able to get into the stadiums and the amphitheaters,” Chesney said via a statement. “There’s no way around that this year. As much I hate postponing further, I would hate telling people who waited we won’t be able to let them come due to capacity restrictions. That’s just not fair.” All current tickets will be honored for the rescheduled show. Beginning today (March 22), those unable to attend the rescheduled shows can request a refund and the original point of purchase.

Chesney also released the following statement to his No Shoes Nation followers:

No Shoes Nation —
It has been too long, and I miss you guys.
You know how you feel when the music starts, the show open rolls, the lights spin?
And it builds, and then… I walk out and see you?!
That is the greatest moment, and it starts the biggest rush I’ve ever experienced.

We have waited, and we have hoped…
Talked to medical experts, stadium people, local officials across the country.
I hate what I’m about to tell you.
With all the progress being made around the pandemic, there is still too much unknown.
What we’re hearing changes daily… anything is possible…
But if we can only do two-thirds of the audience?
Who decides who doesn’t get to come to the show we’ve all been waiting for?
If we have to have social distancing measures, how far apart will you be?

I have held on all these months,
thinking I was going to get to see your faces soon.
On bad days, that thought made me smile, gave me patience, inspired me to be my better self.
Seeing your faces, though, reminds me of what I said when we postponed last year:
I won’t take chances with people I love.
I also don’t want to come out there after all this time and not deliver the best show I ever have to all of you!
If I can’t give you more than you expect, it feels like I’m letting you down.
And I’d rather let me down than any of you.

So, here comes reality.
We’re moving to 2022…
Where I feel better about us all being together safely.
I’d rather keep everyone safe + know we can rock for years to come.
— Kenny

Date: March 23, 2021 06:54

None of the shows at Wrigley Field are going to happen. There are still too many unknowns to schedule a show or tour of this size and it's not financially or logistically feasible to have shows with 75% or less capacity. This summer is going to be concert and festival-free. Look for big shows to return in 2022.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-23 08:14 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 23, 2021 07:33

TornAndFried
None of the shows at Wrigley Field are going to happen. There are still too many unknowns to schedule a show or tour of this size and it's not financially or logistically feasible to have shows with 75% or less capacity. This summer is going to be concert and festival free. Look for big shows to return in 2022.

Cautiously optimistic of a few things in October. If enough people get vaccinated it could happen but then again there either needs to be some proof of vaccination or really low infection levels. Anyone who wants a vaccine should have it by July in the US.

Date: March 23, 2021 11:58

Taking the US as an example, if everyone that wants a vaccine can have it by July let’s assume 70% have it and 30% don’t. Some of those 30% may eventually get vaccinated but likely not a majority of them. So between August 2021 and May 2022 the vaccination percentage will be roughly the same. Tours should be just as doable beginning in September as they would be next year with whatever rules they need to be in place.

Date: March 23, 2021 15:38

FWIW, the Stones just update their social media profile pictures. They don't do it that often, and it's often done in conjuction with a release (such as the GHS reissue and the Ghost Town single last year). It's just the generic red tongue at this point.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 23, 2021 16:43

Definitely worth something Topi.. good eye.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 23, 2021 16:50

Topi
FWIW, the Stones just update their social media profile pictures. They don't do it that often, and it's often done in conjuction with a release (such as the GHS reissue and the Ghost Town single last year). It's just the generic red tongue at this point.

Might just be the next red vinyl with stores due to reopen here in 3 weeks time.

Nate

Date: March 23, 2021 16:57

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home