Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: March 10, 2021 21:46

Dallas Texas baseball just announced 100% crowd 40,518 on April 5 2021
Could have 100% crowd concert in Texas
[www.dallasnews.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 10, 2021 22:26

Insurance costs will still be quite high. Should be drastically lower in 2022.
The Good news is, I think this tour definitely happens. Bad news-we will need to be patient and wait until 2022.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 10, 2021 23:30

Texas is like a giant guinea pig at this point, and I don't think I'm ready or willing to be part of any experiment in a massive stadium filled 100% where no vaccine checks or negative COVID-19 test results will be required.
Considering the Texas Rangers are the only team to go to this extreme, wonder what other organizations and their players think about all this, and if they'll have an option to sit it out in protest.

From USA Today:

"As Major League Baseball's 30 franchises played games (last season) without fans while adhering to local guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19, Texas and its Rangers flung its doors open to MLB, offering to host three rounds of postseason games as well as 25% occupancy for NLCS and World Series games. And now, as municipalities and franchises tentatively welcome fans back for the 2021 season, the Lone Star State once again seems intent on displaying a rugged individualism that will set it apart from the rest, even at the risk of imperiling its population. The Rangers on Wednesday announced they will impose no restrictions on attendance at Globe Life Field, inviting Texans to fill up their second-year ballpark 40,000 strong for their home opener April 5 against Toronto.

More> Baseball

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 11, 2021 01:53

^ That this is happening in Texas is not a surprise. Trying to change the subject in regards to the power and water issues. Killing people will surely change the narrative.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 11, 2021 02:28

Globe Life Field...isn't Globe Life an insurance company? The irony continues.

What does anyone who has been vaccinated care about who they are standing next to in an open air stadium? Sure, technically, might be a problem what with variants and all, but I think I would not be all that uncomfortable.

Thats not to excuse this wide open attitude some of these states seem to advocate. Could possibly be way too much too soon and a relapse could be looming. Just like with a cold: get up and about too soon and next day you are whacked even worse instead of over it.

jb

Date: March 11, 2021 03:06

daspyknows
^ That this is happening in Texas is not a surprise. Trying to change the subject in regards to the power and water issues. Killing people will surely change the narrative.

Several other governors are using similar strategies to change their narrative - not to the same extreme as Texas with 100% open stadiums w/no masks, no negative test results required, or vaccinations necessary,
but both Cuomo in NY and Newsom in California are getting close to that by opening up more and more and having less and less restrictions, and both are in hot water for a variety of different reasons.
One is being asked to resign amidst his multiple controversies (even by people from his own party), while the other is under the threat of a recall which looks like it's going to move forward.

But back to Texas - as of last week, only 7% of the population has been vaccinated. Yes it might feel safer to be one of those few when pitted against a majority that are unvaccinated, but there's no guarantees about safety.
Baseball game attendees are a mixed crowd of varying age groups w/grandparents, children, and generally people of all ages, and as the USA Today article stated many will be slobbering down beer without their masks on.
Without vaccinations or proof of negative test, it could basically be a massive cesspool of coronavirus. Even if I was vaccinated, and considering all of the unknowns, not sure I would even want to be in the same city or state!

In relation to the general lifting of restrictions in Texas, from CBS News today:

"I worry we're in for the perfect storm. We're lifting restrictions, the B.1.1.7 variant is here in a big way, and we're lagging behind on vaccinations. None of that is good news,
We're going to be in a much better shape in a couple of months from now. I don't quite understand the urgency to lift restrictions." - Dr. Peter Hotez, the Dean of Baylor College of Medicine.

> Texas Rangers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-11 03:31 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 11, 2021 06:30

Let's just do a Texas Tour!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 11, 2021 06:38

Topi
Let's just do a Texas Tour!

Lets not

Date: March 11, 2021 08:30

Hairball
daspyknows

Several other governors are using similar strategies to change their narrative - not to the same extreme as Texas with 100% open stadiums w/no masks, no negative test results required, or vaccinations necessary,
but both Cuomo in NY and Newsom in California are getting close to that by opening up more and more and having less and less restrictions, and both are in hot water for a variety of different reasons.
One is being asked to resign amidst his multiple controversies (even by people from his own party), while the other is under the threat of a recall which looks like it's going to move forward.

But back to Texas - as of last week, only 7% of the population has been vaccinated. Yes it might feel safer to be one of those few when pitted against a majority that are unvaccinated, but there's no guarantees about safety.
Baseball game attendees are a mixed crowd of varying age groups w/grandparents, children, and generally people of all ages, and as the USA Today article stated many will be slobbering down beer without their masks on.
Without vaccinations or proof of negative test, it could basically be a massive cesspool of coronavirus. Even if I was vaccinated, and considering all of the unknowns, not sure I would even want to be in the same city or state!

In relation to the general lifting of restrictions in Texas, from CBS News today:

"I worry we're in for the perfect storm. We're lifting restrictions, the B.1.1.7 variant is here in a big way, and we're lagging behind on vaccinations. None of that is good news,
We're going to be in a much better shape in a couple of months from now. I don't quite understand the urgency to lift restrictions." - Dr. Peter Hotez, the Dean of Baylor College of Medicine.

> Texas Rangers

I agree in regards to Cuomo and Newsome but both NY and California are starting to open. Fully eliminating mask mandates and any limitation on capacity right now is foolish. We are so close to getting ahead of the virus if we give it 45 to 60 more days. Instead there is a high risk of a 4th wave. The 4th wave will reduce the chances of things opening nationally. Until that happens the big tours won't happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-11 08:32 by daspyknows.

Date: March 11, 2021 08:50

Yeah daspy - regarding Cuomo and Newsom, I thought I pretty much conveyed the fact that NY and CA are just starting to open vs. Texas completely opening sans masks, etc, which is completely foolish.
Bottom line, all the dirty politicians attempt to divert attention away from their faults, and some are more obvious and devious (and foolish) than others with Texas currently being the #1 in foolishness.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 11, 2021 17:09

If you don't want to go to Texas, don't go. Same with California.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 11, 2021 17:58

This TX thing is yet another reason why a "No Vax, No Entry" policy is fool's errand (at least in the US).

a tour involves multiple states, cities and stadiums - each with their own rules and ways of doing things.

are the Stones (or others) willing to simply skip Texas or any other state/city that won't enforce such a policy?

(ps...I think TX's move is a bad idea (IMO)...too early...but, I'm nowhere near TX, I'm not going to TX anytime soon and anybody coming from TX has to wear a mask in my state anyway...so, TX is free to do as they wish under the laws and constitution of my country...I wish them no ill-will. I sincerely hope they are right)

(pps..it's fine w/ me if the Stones do choose to "skip" cities or states based on "No Vax, No Entry"...I think it is lame if they do b/c I think the policy is lame, but that's just my opinion)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 11, 2021 18:29

Serious question sticky..
You've stated many many times that you think the "no vax/no entry" rules are "lame" but I don't believe I've read a coherent reason or rationale as to why you feel that way.

Apologies if I've missed it, but other than the vague "slippery slope" argument, do you have an explainable reason? Legal? Constitutional? Other??
Honestly interested in any argument beyond "it's lame".

Also, Texans and others may travel to states that require masks, but as we all (should) know by now, masks alone don't stop the spread,
so the analogy "like having a peeing section in a swimming pool" is still applicable.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 11, 2021 19:01

artedm
Dallas Texas baseball just announced 100% crowd 40,518 on April 5 2021
Could have 100% crowd concert in Texas
[www.dallasnews.com]
A big spreader event. Stupid.

Date: March 11, 2021 19:24

MisterDDDD
You've stated many many times that you think the "no vax/no entry" rules are "lame" but I don't believe I've read a coherent reason or rationale as to why you feel that way.

Apologies if I've missed it, but other than the vague "slippery slope" argument, do you have an explainable reason? Legal? Constitutional? Other??

Also, Texans and others may travel to states that require masks, but as we all (should) know by now, masks alone don't stop the spread,
so the analogy "like having a peeing section in a swimming pool" is still applicable.

I assume your reason for supporting such a policy is "fear" of catching Covid AT a show (ie. you don't want to and you want to reduce your risk at the concert)...if I'm wrong, please correct me and accept my apology in advance.

So...given that....

A lot depends on if the Vax is 100% against preventing infection (it's not)....if it is, you don't need the policy...if it's not (it's not), then read on:

Yes...such a policy can REDUCE your chances AT THE CONCERT....however,

1) it will never work - you are trying to "segregate" yourself from Non-Vaxxers, which is essentially impossible - how will you avoid non-vaxxers at all times in whatever city/hotel you find yourself in? Should we have them wear Yellow Stars so you can know to stay 6ft away from them at all times?

2) Continuing w/ the theme of #2 that it will never work....it's a fool's errand...unless you enforce such a policy in public transport, bars, restaurants, hotels, Uber drivers, taxis, merch-vendors, food-vendors, the parking lot, airports, airplanes...etc. etc etc. etc...it will not work to keep you segregated from Non-Vaxxers anywhere outside of the Stadium

you have 60,000+ people descending on a city/stadium looking to party (some arriving a week or more early)...and all the other hangers-on that accompany travelling circuses of this nature...you cannot segregate people at all times.

3) if we need a "no vax, no entry" policy....maybe it isn't safe enough to have concerts in the first place? Especially given the above realities

4) I don't want Ticketmaster (or whomever) selling my Vaccination Information for profit.....which is what will happen, since it will likely be digitally-confirmed along w/ your E-ticket

5) Our system is Federalism - which means the states decide policies of this nature (which is why TX is opening up)....which means if we want a nationwide mandate we'd have to give the Federal Gov't extreme amounts of power that we DIDN'T give them during the Pandemic itself....this raises huge constitutional issues and seems pointless if the Pandemic is "over" enough that we can actually host concerts.

6) What if I have my Vax and my "Vax Entry Ticket"....but, I come down with "flu-like symptoms" the day of the show? Am I no longer allowed to enter? Who will determine that? Do I also now need a Covid-Negative Test? Are you willing to "assume" I don't have Covid? How will you KNOW that I don't have Covid? Just b/c of the Vax?

8) If the Vax isn't 100% in preventing Covid, you'd have to enforce a "Covid Symptoms = No Entry" policy too....have fun w/ that.

9) 100% "security" is impossible in all walks of life...if I feel something is "too risky" and I can avoid it, I simply don't do it....I don't expect the world to change so that I can feel safer in every little thing I do...least of all concerts....

....which is why I'm getting the Vax...I can't control what others do, nor do I want to try....so, I'll get my Vax, take my precautions and make my own decisions about what I feel is "safe" when the time arises.

you needn't worry...if I'm next to you at the show, I'll have my Vax. I'm not sharing my weed with anybody anymore, though. Sorry.

Any states/cities/stadiums w/ a "No Vax, No Entry" policy, I probably won't be there b/c I think this is lame, illegal, unconstitutional and won't work.....so more seats for you!

if there's a "The Pit is No Vax, No Entry but the Rest of the Stadium is Free for All" policy....I 100% won't be there. I'm not supporting a regression to 1950s segregationist nonsense.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-11 19:42 by stickyfingers101.

Date: March 11, 2021 19:46

rbk
If you don't want to go to Texas, don't go. Same with California.

As for Texas, no problem and I plan to avoid indefinitely. I do love Texas - great music and BBQ, etc., but not a fan of coronavirus running wild
As for California, a bit of a problem as I was born and raised here, have lived here a majority of my 57 years on this planet, and don't plan on moving anytime soon.
I'd rather see the corrupt politicians being forced to leave, than having everyone at risk of covid because said corrupt politician is trying to save his ass.

Not sure where you're from, but as the welcome sign says for most visitors to this great state:

Welcome to California, now go back home.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: March 11, 2021 20:12

How about those ROLLING STONES?!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 11, 2021 20:25

stickyfingers101
MisterDDDD

I assume your reason for supporting such a policy is "fear" of catching Covid AT a show (ie. you don't want to and you want to reduce your risk at the concert)...if I'm wrong, please correct me and accept my apology in advance.

So...given that....

A lot depends on if the Vax is 100% against preventing infection (it's not)....if it is, you don't need the policy...if it's not (it's not), then read on:

1) it will never work - you are trying to "segregate" yourself from Non-Vaxxers, which is essentially impossible - how will you avoid non-vaxxers at all times in whatever city/hotel you find yourself in? Should we have them wear Yellow Stars so you can know to stay 6ft away from them at all times?

2) Continuing w/ the theme of #2 that it will never work....it's a fool's errand...unless you enforce such a policy in public transport, bars, restaurants, hotels, Uber drivers, taxis, merch-vendors, food-vendors, the parking lot, airports, airplanes...etc. etc etc. etc...it will not work to keep you segregated from Non-Vaxxers anywhere outside of the Stadium

you have 60,000+ people descending on a city/stadium looking to party (some arriving a week or more early)...and all the other hangers-on that accompany travelling circuses of this nature...you cannot segregate people at all times.

3) if we need a "no vax, no entry" policy....maybe it isn't safe enough to have concerts in the first place? Especially given the above realities

4) I don't want Ticketmaster (or whomever) selling my Vaccination Information for profit.....which is what will happen, since it will likely be digitally-confirmed along w/ your E-ticket

5) Our system is Federalism - which means the states decide policies of this nature (which is why TX is opening up)....which means if we want a nationwide mandate we'd have to give the Federal Gov't extreme amounts of power that we DIDN'T give them during the Pandemic itself....this raises huge constitutional issues and seems pointless if the Pandemic is "over" enough that we can actually host concerts.

6) What if I have my Vax and my "Vax Entry Ticket"....but, I come down with "flu-like symptoms" the day of the show? Am I no longer allowed to enter? Who will determine that? Do I also now need a Covid-Negative Test? Are you willing to "assume" I don't have Covid? How will you KNOW that I don't have Covid? Just b/c of the Vax?

8) If the Vax isn't 100% in preventing Covid, you'd have to enforce a "Covid Symptoms = No Entry" policy too....have fun w/ that.

9) 100% "security" is impossible in all walks of life...if I feel something is "too risky" and I can avoid it, I simply don't do it....I don't expect the world to change so that I can feel safer in every little thing I do...least of all concerts....

....which is why I'm getting the Vax...I can't control what others do, nor do I want to try....so, I'll get my Vax, take my precautions and make my own decisions about what I feel is "safe" when the time arises.

you needn't worry...if I'm next to you at the show, I'll have my Vax. I'm not sharing my weed with anybody anymore, though. Sorry.

Any states/cities/stadiums w/ a "No Vax, No Entry" policy, I probably won't be there b/c I think this is lame, illegal, unconstitutional and won't work.....so more seats for you!

if there's a "The Pit is No Vax, No Entry but the Rest of the Stadium is Free for All" policy....I 100% won't be there. I'm not supporting a regression to 1950s segregationist nonsense.

Why are you making this seem like a really complicated issue when in reality, it's a public health issue pure and simple. Why don't you really have at it and stop vaccinating your children for measles, polio, etc. Walk the walk all the way.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 11, 2021 20:35

Gavin Newsome has been doing a great job with a very difficult task and those who are trying to recall him are reactionary tea party nut jobs who would totally f things up if they had their way. Seems to be something some here (hairy balls) identify with. Don't let politics get in the way of logical thinking. And Newsome ain't going nowhere, that recall effort is yet another distraction from the real issues and a waste of time and taxpayers money.

jb

Date: March 11, 2021 20:47

Newsom is a con artist plain and simple, but he clearly has supporters, albeit a bit misguided.
And for the record, there is no E at the end of Newsom - funny that his so-called supporters can't even spell his name properly.

Date: March 11, 2021 21:07

stickyfingers101

So...given that....

Nope.
Fully vaccinated for over a month now, as are all the adults in my household.

Not worried in the least about catching it, or a variant.
I do follow the guidelines on this, and as of now they require vaccinated people to still mask, distance, etc., as the concern is that I could still conceivably carry it and pass it to others.
I give a sht about others, so that's what I do.

All going to be a moot point soon I believe.
The data coming out of the most vaccinated country, Israel, is very promising that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.
A game changer for several reasons if it holds up.

Pfizer/BioNTech say data suggests vaccine 94% effective in preventing asymptomatic infection
[www.reuters.com]

Date: March 11, 2021 21:19

steffialicia
stickyfingers101
MisterDDDD

So...given that....

Why are you making this seem like a really complicated issue when in reality, it's a public health issue pure and simple. Why don't you really have at it and stop vaccinating your children for measles, polio, etc. Walk the walk all the way.

I guess you missed the part where I said I was getting the Vax?

I would prefer you read what I wrote before you project onto me that I am a "denier" of some sort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-11 21:22 by stickyfingers101.

Date: March 11, 2021 21:29

stickyfingers101

If the vaccine works, then a "No Vax, No Entry" is a fallacy of logic:

If the vaccine protects you from getting COVID to a very high degree, there is no need for a "No Vax, No Entry" policy...

So the workers..ushers, attendants, crew, and indirectly their loved ones, should be subjected to non-vaccinated event goers? Or should they be required to vaccinate as wellconfused smiley
You are following along with the concept that there is not enough data yet to determine whether vaccinated people can still pass the virus to others, and be asymptomatic, yes??

Still looking for a cohesive reason fwiw.

Date: March 11, 2021 21:53

MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101

So...given that....

Nope.
Fully vaccinated for over a month now, as are all the adults in my household.

Not worried in the least about catching it, or a variant.
I do follow the guidelines on this, and as of now they require vaccinated people to still mask, distance, etc., as the concern is that I could still conceivably carry it and pass it to others.
I give a sht about others, so that's what I do.

All going to be a moot point soon I believe.
The data coming out of the most vaccinated country, Israel, is very promising that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.
A game changer for several reasons if it holds up.

Pfizer/BioNTech say data suggests vaccine 94% effective in preventing asymptomatic infection
[www.reuters.com]

Fair enough.

then I'm not sure what your reasoning for a "No Vax, No Entry" policy is...

Is it to prevent so-called super-spreader events among the non-vaccinated (and a small percentage of the vaccinated)?

Date: March 11, 2021 22:14

MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101

If the vaccine protects you from getting COVID to a very high degree, there is no need for a "No Vax, No Entry" policy...

So the workers..ushers, attendants, crew, and indirectly their loved ones, should be subjected to non-vaccinated event goers? Or should they be required to vaccinate as wellconfused smiley
You are following along with the concept that there is not enough data yet to determine whether vaccinated people can still pass the virus to others, and be asymptomatic, yes??

yes. of course. Why shouldn't they be? Is this person more special than the grocery store workers or public transport workers who will be (are) exposed all-day, every day?

NYC's Penn Station sees 600,000 people PER DAY....EVERY DAY. Should Penn Station be "No Vax, No Entry" too?

Everybody in the entire society will be subjected to un-vaccinated people every day once we get back to "normal"...what makes concert workers so special?

we can't force people to get vaccinated, so my point remains: should we start down a slippery slope of applying this policy to other places too?

and if we do, who's gonna make that list? You? Me? Trump? Biden? Whoever is President at the time?

My position all along was that irrespective of what you or I think, the policy should be debated and discussed vigorously before a decision is made....expression of different opinions and debate is why we have Democracy and a "free exchange of ideas"....

I'm sure in Communist Dictatorships if the President says "No Vax, No Entry" it happens immediately.

I'm thankful every single day I don't live in a country like that.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

ps....I don't know what FWIW means, but I gave you plenty of reasons...if you choose to disagree with them, that's fine...I said from the beginning we can agree to disagree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-11 22:37 by stickyfingers101.

Date: March 11, 2021 23:04

stickyfingers101
MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101

yes. of course. Why shouldn't they be? Is this person more special than the grocery store workers or public transport workers who will be (are) exposed all-day, every day?

NYC's Penn Station sees 600,000 people PER DAY....EVERY DAY. Should Penn Station be "No Vax, No Entry" too?

Everybody in the entire society will be subjected to un-vaccinated people every day once we get back to "normal"...what makes concert workers so special?

we can't force people to get vaccinated, so my point remains: should we start down a slippery slope of applying this policy to other places too?

and if we do, who's gonna make that list? You? Me? Trump? Biden? Whoever is President at the time?

My position all along was that irrespective of what you or I think, the policy should be debated and discussed vigorously before a decision is made....expression of different opinions and debate is why we have Democracy and a "free exchange of ideas"....

I'm sure in Communist Dictatorships if the President says "No Vax, No Entry" it happens immediately.

I'm thankful every single day I don't live in a country like that.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

ps....I don't know what FWIW means, but I gave you plenty of reasons...if you choose to disagree with them, that's fine...I said from the beginning we can agree to disagree.

No can do sticky..
Not going to ever "agree to disagree" on public health, facts, or science.
That's how "USA USA" became the most infected nation per capita to start with.

Will agree to disagree that you offered any cohesive or persuasive argument for your stance however. So there's that.

Glad you begrudgingly decided to get vaxxed tho.. based on your rationale, I think the best that can be expected is you just continue to worry about you at this point.
Good luck!

Date: March 11, 2021 23:06

^ I am going to guess you don't wear seatbelts, if you ride a motorcycle you don't wear a helmet, you drink and drive, your kids (if you have any) are not vaccinated for measles, mumps, rubella or polio, etc. etc.

At this point in the US, debate on topics such as this are a joke. One side does not believe Covid is real, so how can there be any "debate". There are bigger slippery slope issues than this but do not want to go full on political here. The bottom line is something needs to be done to get people who are hesitant to vaccinate to vaccinate or we will never get back to normal.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 12, 2021 01:21

daspyknows
Topi
FWIW, came across this post on Facebook:

A local news station in Nashville, Tennessee, NewsChannel 5 Nashville announced that The Rolling Stones have postponed the No Filter tour yet again. Looks like no tour in 2021.

Of course, there's nothing to postpone "yet again" as nothing was rescheduled in the first place. But it's kind of weird that a local news station would run that story?

Mick must have read he postings from people on here refusing to get vaxxed and figured he didn't want to be in the same stadium as them in 2021.

Or he saw the idiocy that is Texas.

Date: March 12, 2021 01:25

oops - wrong thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-12 01:25 by Hairball.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 12, 2021 02:20

There is an app in the works that can show proof of vaccination for tours. Unfortunately the push back from so many in the States on getting vaccinated has made the tour insurers nervous. Several tours have already been postponed to 2022.

One can get vaccinated and be in the first group to see tours... or one can wait and not get vaccinated and be locked out of the first tours.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home