Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: likecats ()
Date: February 27, 2021 04:42

Hairball

Looking forward to tuning in to the virtual event, and finding out who in the heck Fantastic Negrito is!!!.

Fantastic Negrito is a singer and I wasn’t familiar with him either until I saw him play a few songs several years ago on A Prairie Home Companion. I thought he was good.
It’s disappointing to hear more shows are being canceled instead of postponed again but I’m not surprised. I’ve held on to all my tickets for shows that are still postponed but I’m getting less optimistic.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 27, 2021 05:48

Red Rocks trying for 25%
[theknow.denverpost.com]

MisterDDDD
artedm
Live Nation CEO Says Largescale U.S. Concerts Could ‘Start in Midsummer’
[www.spin.com]

Live Nation then put up 100,000 tickets for the Reading & Leeds festival, scheduled for Aug. 27 and 29 — all of which sold out by late in the week.
The company also put up tickets for the dance-music-based Creamfields fest Aug. 26 to 29, which sold out its full capacity of 70,000 tickets in 48 hours.

Large scale concerts more towards end of summer, but I bet he's close on the prediction.

Lots of smaller scale shows will be rolling by late spring-mid-summer no doubt.
I've got several Red Rocks shows booked in July along with some smaller shows starting in June.
Betting I won't be returning a single ticket due to postponements.

The indu$try is too big to not figure out how to do fully vaccinated shows, and by then, the majority of us will be.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 27, 2021 11:01

Taylor Swift has now cancelled her 2020 tour

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 27, 2021 12:43

likecats
Hairball

Looking forward to tuning in to the virtual event, and finding out who in the heck Fantastic Negrito is!!!.

Fantastic Negrito is a singer and I wasn’t familiar with him either until I saw him play a few songs several years ago on A Prairie Home Companion. I thought he was good.
It’s disappointing to hear more shows are being canceled instead of postponed again but I’m not surprised. I’ve held on to all my tickets for shows that are still postponed but I’m getting less optimistic.

I saw him open for Temple of the Dog in Seattle. He was ok.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 27, 2021 16:26

artedm
Red Rocks trying for 25%
[theknow.denverpost.com]

MisterDDDD
artedm
Live Nation CEO Says Largescale U.S. Concerts Could ‘Start in Midsummer’
[www.spin.com]

Live Nation then put up 100,000 tickets for the Reading & Leeds festival, scheduled for Aug. 27 and 29 — all of which sold out by late in the week.
The company also put up tickets for the dance-music-based Creamfields fest Aug. 26 to 29, which sold out its full capacity of 70,000 tickets in 48 hours.

Large scale concerts more towards end of summer, but I bet he's close on the prediction.

Lots of smaller scale shows will be rolling by late spring-mid-summer no doubt.
I've got several Red Rocks shows booked in July along with some smaller shows starting in June.
Betting I won't be returning a single ticket due to postponements.

The indu$try is too big to not figure out how to do fully vaccinated shows, and by then, the majority of us will be.

Great news! Thanks for posting.
I know a couple who went to reduced capacity shows there last summer, when most music venues were closed, and loved it. Easier getting in/out, and had a great time with plenty of room.
I've not booked any spring shows, but looking like the mid-summer ones I have tix in hand for should be a go.

"Denver Arts and Venues has asked the Colorado health department to allow up to 2,500 people to attend concerts at Red Rocks Amphitheatre this spring, with the possibility of larger crowds over the summer.

The request comes as the state reportedly is considering relaxing its COVID-19 rules for all event venues.

If the request is approved, concerts and other events at Red Rocks could operate at about one-quarter of their normal capacity, said Brian Kitts, director of communications for the Denver-owned venue. Parties would have to sit six feet apart and wear masks, and Red Rocks plans to change how people enter and exit so there’s less milling around, he said.

The goal is to work up to hosting about 80% of a normal crowd at Red Rocks by the end of summer, Kitts said. That depends on new COVID-19 cases continuing to fall, though."
[theknow.denverpost.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 27, 2021 17:39

I went to a show last night, 1000 set club kept at 10% capacity, tables spaced out, staff did a good job of ensuring everyone used masks when leaving their table.

Never heard of any of the musicians/bands, but was just wanting to get out and man it was good to see live music.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2021 20:29

Give or take a couple of words here and there, the statement issued by Taylor Swift sounds like it could be given by a number of different bands right now .
Roger Waters, the Stones...wondering how long they can possibly hold out in postponement limbo while some fans hold out hope for shows to be rescheduled.
Seems the recent activity of posts from the Stones (including the 10% merch discount ) amounted to nothing one way or the other yet - no rescheduled shows, and no cancellations.
I guess no news is good news, but time is marching on and nobody is getting any younger...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 28, 2021 05:55

Hairball
Give or take a couple of words here and there, the statement issued by Taylor Swift sounds like it could be given by a number of different bands right now .
Roger Waters, the Stones...wondering how long they can possibly hold out in postponement limbo while some fans hold out hope for shows to be rescheduled.
Seems the recent activity of posts from the Stones (including the 10% merch discount ) amounted to nothing one way or the other yet - no rescheduled shows, and no cancellations.
I guess no news is good news, but time is marching on and nobody is getting any younger...

Is the 10% off sale still going on?

plexi

Date: February 28, 2021 06:11

Not sure plexi, but I assume so - it was for new people who sign up on their email list ...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 28, 2021 06:20

Restrictions apply, too, I'm sure.

OT: The high costs of limited capacity concerts
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 28, 2021 17:05

Interesting read on the live music business. It gets you to wondering if touring as we knew it can ever be done again. Considering how reckless some folks are here in the U-S regarding Covid and taking precautions, wearing a mask, etc., I wouldn't want to be in a venue and worrying about whether the people around me are safe to be near.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT: The high costs of limited capacity concerts
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 28, 2021 17:07

It would be a good way to build up herd immunity

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 28, 2021 17:16

Unfortunately the last 15 years has been nothing but hype and the last 5 years nothing but lies when it comes to what people think and how reality is such a brutal different experience.

It would be extremely interesting to see, from the aspect of an experiment, a few bands tour the US in venues with 20,000 capacity, for example, and they sell out - all with the understanding that you're taking a risk and the venue is not responsible - and then have all those people get sick, about half on ventilators and most of them die, and see them sue the bands and venues.

Because that's how society in the US is now. You can flat out be told ABC but because of beliefs, it's &*% instead. Completely nothing to do with reality.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 1, 2021 12:07

Well, there is now some hope with that noise removed from the White House.

plexi

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 1, 2021 12:24

occursum novum bulla, sicut ab antiquis bulla

Date: March 1, 2021 14:03

Off topic, but still on topic.

Eric Clapton postponed to 2022 (originally postponed from 2020 to 2021)

And the hits just keep on not coming.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 1, 2021 14:34

dmay
Interesting read on the live music business. It gets you to wondering if touring as we knew it can ever be done again. Considering how reckless some folks are here in the U-S regarding Covid and taking precautions, wearing a mask, etc., I wouldn't want to be in a venue and worrying about whether the people around me are safe to be near.

[www.rollingstone.com]

It might be a few years, assuming no resurgence of the virus and wide uptake of the vaccine, before we see big crowd events again.

I also think that because of the litigious times we live in, venue owners may refuse to admit the unvaccinated. I have a feeling this will become a widespread global practice.

Date: March 1, 2021 18:51

The Super Bowl with some 25,000 in attendance was widely thought to become a Super Spreader event.

Turns out, it's looking like that didn't happen.
Being outdoors with distancing measures in place seems to have been enough to avoid the spread.
Socially distanced outdoor concerts are going to come back first I believe, small venues and stadiums alike.

Was the Super Bowl a Super Spreader?
"It seemed as if a spike in regional coronavirus cases was all but inevitable. And, given that the virus’s incubation period can be anywhere from seven to 14 days, and that those infected are most infectious themselves days before they exhibit symptoms, it seemed likely that spike would begin to show up over the past weekend.

Yet numbers across the area continue to trend downward.

"We are seeing no impact from the Super Bowl in the numbers,” says Dr. Thomas Unnasch of University of South Florida’s Center for Global Health Infectious Disease Research. “We would have expected to have seen an uptick in cases last week, but we have seen nothing. The case numbers have continued a very slow but steady decline. So apparently people paid attention and there was no super spreader event as far as we can tell."
[www.baynews9.com]#

Date: March 1, 2021 19:15

From USA Today:

Concerts were supposed to return this year. Now, it looks like that won't happen until 2022

This was supposed to be the year live music made its comeback after grinding to a halt in the face of the pandemic. So far, 2021 is not looking great either.
With COVID-19 vaccinations slowly rolling out, it's projected most Americans will not be able to get immunized until at least the summer. That means large gatherings will remain discouraged.

More. > 2022

Date: March 3, 2021 06:07

Lot of news today march 2, 2021 in America
1. U.S. will have enough coronavirus vaccine doses for every adult by end of May 2021. related to the Merck/Johnson & Johnson- one shot vaccine

2. life is beautiful music festival 60,000 persons announced for September 17-19 2021 in las vegas.

3. state of texas opening to 100% full capacity starting next week.

Date: March 3, 2021 21:13

Roger Waters said in a livestream conversation/ Q&A with Michael Moore that 2021 is not happening for his postponed tour, and his goal is for the summer of 2022, though no exact dates were mentioned.
Could be the old timers are having more difficulty with insurance, etc. than maybe some of the younger bands that might hoping to perform and/or tour in 2021.
I also heard Yes has canceled their rescheduled 2021 dates with another set of new dates to be announced...not sure who's in that band now, but I know they're old!

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: March 3, 2021 21:30

I would agree that 2021 looks improbable, but, I do believe if any of the 'older' touring bands are going to pull something off and do a few shows in the fall my money would be on the Stones. They love firsts, beating the odds, being the phoenix from the flames... this suits the bill nicely. I can't see them rearranging all the US dates for Autumn (I see that being 2022) but I can imagine some shows - probably considering whatever country gives them the best odds of confirming a show.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 4, 2021 06:44

2022 is going to be busy. Any and every band that can tour will tour and venue slots will be a land grab. I can't see big tours until next spring. I would take the under on the number of Stones shows in 2021 playing once. Just can't see it happening.

Date: March 4, 2021 21:56

I think mid-late 2021 will be busy.
Jury is out still obviously on stadium shows, but I think there will be plenty of live shows to choose from by late spring/early summer.
Proof of negative test and/or vaccinations will be key in getting back.

Liking the sound of this pilot program underway in NY.

New York Details ‘Excelsior Pass’ Mobile App To Verify COVID-19 Testing, Vaccine Status For Live Events

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday announced a pilot program to test the Excelsior Pass, a mobile application developed in partnership with IBM which will “use proven, secure technology to confirm an individual’s vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 test through a confidential data transfer to help fast-track the reopening of theaters, stadiums, and other businesses in accordance with New York State guidelines.” The pilot testing for the Excelsior Pass has already begun and will continue to take place during upcoming games at Madison Square Garden and Barclays Center in New York City.
As an announcement press release notes, “Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, individuals will be able to either print out their pass or store it on their smartphones using the Excelsior Pass’s ‘Wallet App.’ Each pass will have a secure QR code, which venues will scan using a companion app to confirm someone’s COVID health status. The results of the pilot program will be used to enhance the quality of the application, maximizing return on investment and saving development time, prior to submission to Apple and Google for approval to go into their app stores.”

“We’re doing everything we can to vaccinate as many New Yorkers as possible, as quickly as possible, while keeping the infection rate down and reenergizing our economy in a safe, smart way,” Governor Cuomo said in a statement. “As we begin reopening the valves on different sectors of our economy, we are putting guidelines in place to ensure individuals attending events involving larger gatherings have tested negative for COVID or have been vaccinated to avoid an outbreak of the virus. The Excelsior Pass will play a critical role in getting information to venues and sites in a secure and streamlined way, allowing us to fast-track the reopening of these businesses and getting us one step closer to reaching a new normal.”

In response to the announcement of the Excelsior Pass pilot program, Madison Square Garden Entertainment, which owns and operates MSG and other NYC venues, issued the following statement:
We applaud Governor Cuomo’s leadership in reopening New York. The Excelsior Pass program, along with his decision to allow venues to begin welcoming fans, will play important roles in helping to get our City back on its feet.

As part of major stadium and arena reopening guidelines announced by the Governor on February 10th, venues must currently ensure that all staff and spectators receive a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of the event. During this pilot program, a subset of predetermined participants will be able to use the pass to confirm their recent negative COVID-19 test and gain entry to these events at Barclays Center and Madison Square Garden. While the app is currently in the pilot testing phase as dictated by the present COVID-19 protocols, if it is found to be successful, it will likely be scaled up to accommodate full-capacity audiences as they begin to return this year.
The idea behind the Excelsior Pass being tested in New York is similar to a potential testing/vaccine verification project floated by Ticketmaster late last year as a potential means to return to full-capacity live events.
[liveforlivemusic.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 5, 2021 22:33

If the U.S. Can Get Vaccinated by Summer, When Do We Get Concerts Back?

Most large-scale concerts and tours in the U.S. cannot return until 2022. “You can’t do Swiss-cheese routing. If it’s got holes in it because certain states haven’t opened up, it’s not going to work,” says one live music exec

By Ethan Millman
March 4, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: March 9, 2021 10:33

FWIW, came across this post on Facebook:

A local news station in Nashville, Tennessee, NewsChannel 5 Nashville announced that The Rolling Stones have postponed the No Filter tour yet again. Looks like no tour in 2021.

Of course, there's nothing to postpone "yet again" as nothing was rescheduled in the first place. But it's kind of weird that a local news station would run that story?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 15:48

Topi

A local news station in Nashville, Tennessee, NewsChannel 5 Nashville announced that The Rolling Stones have postponed the No Filter tour yet again. Looks like no tour in 2021.

Of course, there's nothing to postpone "yet again" as nothing was rescheduled in the first place. But it's kind of weird that a local news station would run that story?

if it was on Facebook, it has to be true.

Date: March 9, 2021 19:09

It of course isn't true, as you cannot "postpone yet again" something that was originally postponed indefinitely.

(Meanwhile, Ronnie posted a touring related photo on his social.)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 9, 2021 19:22

Topi

Mick must have read he postings from people on here refusing to get vaxxed and figured he didn't want to be in the same stadium as them in 2021.

Date: March 10, 2021 04:15

In America- Baseball season starts on April 1 2021.
Many of the Baseball teams are currently playing games in front of limited crowds in outdoor stadiums in Arizona and Florida during Spring training.
Here is list of stadiums with crowd size estimates
[www.usatoday.com]
[www.cbssports.com]

Look at Denver, Colorado the team was going to open with 12,500 fans about 25% now they are increasing to 42.6% 21,363 of 50,144 on April 1 2021.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home